Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:11 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:57 pm  Post subject: 10 years of SSX Tricky!  
PSN: SSXfanatic
I noticed something cool today: on november 5, 2001, SSX Tricky released for the gamecube. That's 10 years of Tricky, everyone! Even today, its still arguably one of the best snowboarding games of all time.

There's probably been polls for this before, but here it is: 10 years later, what's your favorite part if SSX Tricky?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:09 pm  Post subject: Re: 10 years of SSX Tricky!  
PSN: Kubi-ssx
I love the great use of colours! Makes me happy when I see them :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:46 pm  Post subject: Re: 10 years of SSX Tricky!  
The characters...they put a smile in my boring (then-)3-year old life.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:30 pm  Post subject: Re: 10 years of SSX Tricky!  
PSN: martymcflyy85
Not only is it my favorite snowboarding game of all time, its my favorite game of all time. My favorite thing about tricky is the entire package...the way the music, the characters, the courses, Rahzell, etc. ...how it all came together. Its still the perfect blend that hasn't been matched yet.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:34 pm  Post subject: Re: 10 years of SSX Tricky!  
XBL: MdX MaxX
Ditto, SSX Tricky is has to be my all-time favorite game. It's the only PS2 game I've played recently other than SSX 3 and Tekken 4.

Plus, it's the first console game I ever owned, so there's the nostalgia factor as well.

I'll definitely be playing some Tricky in anticipation of the new SSX. I can't remember the last time I've been this excited for a game.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:17 pm  Post subject: Re: 10 years of SSX Tricky!  
I liked all of the little edits from SSX to SSX Tricky, such as being able to turn while prewinding, not having to wait before being able to do a grab, not needing to let go of the tweak button before using it on a grab, etc. Shows that they really wanted to improve the game.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:36 pm  Post subject: Re: 10 years of SSX Tricky!  
PSN: CharmyDweeng
Yeah, all of those things were really annoying. I like the idea of there being a yearly updated SSX like most EA Sports games.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:54 am  Post subject: Re: 10 years of SSX Tricky!  
XBL: Joshie2499
PSN: Joshie2499
The boards are cool and stylish, it fits with the character you choose.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:45 am  Post subject: Re: 10 years of SSX Tricky!  
XBL: SpR1tEzER0
I loved the overall design of the game and the gameplay.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:18 pm  Post subject: Re: 10 years of SSX Tricky!  
PSN: MistressWiggle
Sooo much to choose from.

The character design: Great characters, brilliant personalities, fantastic voices, perfect music videos, the bios, Signature ubers, awesome outfits despite the lack of bolt-ons and all the boards that are made for each individual character had flair instead of lines and pattens done on photoshop like in SSX3. :/
The tricks: UBERS.
The courses: Imaginative and fun to play on.
The music: Soundtrack was great and all the music used int he character videos fit each character.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:28 am  Post subject: Re: 10 years of SSX Tricky!  
XBL: WAffle3690
i liked the tight-knit races where you could easily knock someone down, get full boost, and feel accomplished :) but the color aspect of it kept it interesting and all of the little shortcuts to discover kept me playing it over and over again. it was great seeing some of the tracks redone and remastered from the original SSX.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:14 pm  Post subject: Re: 10 years of SSX Tricky!  
This is an auction for 2 SSX Tricky Action Figures as seen below. They are brand new, never been opened and are great collectibles for anyone into SSX Tricky games. The 2 free issues of GamePro Magazine are probably no longer good as these action figures are almost 10 years old.

Auction Starts at 25,000 Viz
To make a bid, simply respond by saying what your bid is, each bid must be an increment of at least 1000 Viz.

Auction Starts Now
Auction Ends Friday, September 30th

Item will be sent out within a week of purchase

This item can only be shipped to members of the USA
(unless you're willing to pay for the shipping, than I'll ship overseas but you'd have to pay using paypal)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:20 am  Post subject: Re: 10 years of SSX Tricky!  
What is "Viz" currency, huh?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:47 pm  Post subject: Re: 10 years of SSX Tricky!  
I guess you meant auction ends December 30th, but yeah, what is viz?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:15 pm  Post subject: Re: 10 years of SSX Tricky!  
PSN: MistressWiggle
http://www.vizzed.com/boards/controlpanel.php?category=help&help=terminology&name=Viz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:07 pm  Post subject: Re: 10 years of SSX Tricky!  
XBL: Joshie2499
PSN: Joshie2499
SSX 3 came out in Japan today in 2003

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:40 pm  Post subject: Re: 10 years of SSX Tricky!  
YAY TRICKY HAPPY ANNIVERSARY Seriously though, definitely my favorite game ever, only closely matched by Gen I of Pokemon (and their Gen III remakes). TRICKY FOREVER

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:00 pm  Post subject: Re: 10 years of SSX Tricky!  
My favourite part of Tricky was calling my momma in the room to show her how great I was.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:32 am  Post subject: Re: 10 years of SSX Tricky!  
PSN: jonipooon
I just realized that Tricky is an outstanding proof that NOT rebooting a franchise and playing safe instead is a winning concept. They took everything SSX was and just made it bigger, more fun and better.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:08 pm  Post subject: Re: 10 years of SSX Tricky!  
XBL: joejakt
I literally loved everything about this game. The characters, the music, the graphics, the tricks, the controls (once I got used to them), the list goes on. Definitely one of my favorite games of all time.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:05 pm  Post subject: Re: 10 years of SSX Tricky!  
PSN: Emu90
The atmosphere. The colors, music, dialogues, fireworks, everything fit together.

Now I notice that EA planned to release SSX 2012 exactly 10 years after Tricky. Interesting...

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 21 posts ]