Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:58 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 4:06 pm  Post subject: Game guide  
Anyone have the guide yet? Its out in some places. If u do, wld it be against TOS to post info from it here, or maybe screenshots? If its not, plz do... :yes

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 4:41 pm  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
It's okay to post pictures, just make sure they are decent size. And mark the topic with *SPOILERS*, etc.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 4:46 pm  Post subject:   
THANK YOU! Can someone plz post some pictures in here? Some suggestions are bolt-ons, secret animal characters, funny pictures...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 5:25 pm  Post subject:   
I heard that it has a bunch of maps! i wouldn't mind seein' those!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 5:36 pm  Post subject:   
ssxtitan wrote:
I heard that it has a bunch of maps! i wouldn't mind seein' those!

Yes, with 'CLASSIFIED' on it, and all kinds of markers for secret areas! That would Ro-ck!! :cool

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:07 pm  Post subject:   
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
I have the guide. I like the screenshots that it has. Though I do not have a scanner only a digital camera so i do not know how good pictures would turn out. I could try though, if ya'll really want me too. :)

There are detailed maps, details like where items and challenges are. I think, if you look really closely at them you could see shortcuts. The maps are very small, as most of the courses are fairly large from what I've heard from everyone.

It details hidden characters. It tells what every side challenge is. There are character bios.

There is a lot of info....most of which I won't say as this topic is not marked with spoilers. If people request it, we can start a game guide spoiler topic.

I'll try to take pics, tomorrow though, I'm a bit tired to do that tonite, or early this morning as it is now past midnight here. :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:31 pm  Post subject:   
Hey Vix where did u pick up your copy of the guide?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:38 pm  Post subject:   
Attack Duck Owner
I had orginally pre-ordered it from ebgames.com but for some reason the ship date wasn't until November 7. I was on the ganefaqs board and someone said they got it at a game crazy. So I went down the street to the local game crazy and wouldn't you know, they had it there. So i picked it up and promptly cancelled my preorder. :) There was no way that I was going to wait until November, that's just nuts. :eek

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:46 pm  Post subject:   
Well unfortunately there aren't game crazys were i live, maybe i'll see if i can find it online from someone who has an earlier ship date, cause yeah, Nov. is bunk! Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:55 pm  Post subject:   
Attack Duck Owner
You could always check a gamestop. Who knows, maybe the eb store has it in, I doubt it though but it's worth a shot. Hey, send me money, I'll buy it for ya and ship it to you. :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:08 pm  Post subject:   
Too funny, i am on the opposite side of the country(washington state Olympic Peninsula, but thanks for the offer, if i go to Seattle soon i will swing by gamestop even though i can't stand that place(they always give me wrong dates for release dates for games)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:27 pm  Post subject:   
I heard that all of the copies that are out now are the older copies. That was the whole reason for pushing the game and the book back. I can't remember where I read this at to confirm it but I'm sure that's what I heard.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:45 pm  Post subject:   
what do u mean "older copies", like there no good,they changed stuff after making them or what? :???

Last edited by Titan on Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:45 pm  Post subject:   
Attack Duck Owner
That interesting. See if you can find where you read that, I'd like to check it out. Though this guide has a lot of detail, I think it could have more and I think that the maps could be bigger and more detailed. There are tiny and compacted so they are hard to see in certain areas. If another guide if released, I will get that one. For games that I get, if they have guide books, I like to get them even if I don't use them. They are good for art and what not. But that is interesting that this book may not be the final version or an "early" version. Hmmm. Interesting indeed.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 11:22 pm  Post subject:   
I can't find that site but I'm pretty sure that is what I read because like some other people I pre-ordered the strategy book when I did the game and once I read that it was being pushed back until november I cancelled my book order since by then I will hopefully know the ins and outs. I'm 97% sure that's what I read but I'm going to continue looking for it so I can confirm the site.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 8:10 am  Post subject:   
Attack Duck Owner
Keep looking. I think it's very odd that they would publish an "unfinished" book or at least one that is not as detailed as it could be. I think, if anything, that would 'anger' people that they buy the first one and then realize a couple of weeks later that there is a better one out.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 8:30 am  Post subject:   
Vix wrote:
Keep looking. I think it's very odd that they would publish an "unfinished" book or at least one that is not as detailed as it could be. I think, if anything, that would 'anger' people that they buy the first one and then realize a couple of weeks later that there is a better one out.

I would go back to the shop, and tell them about this rumour. You don't need to bring the book with you. If you just bought the book the shopkeeper will ussually say that you can exchange it when and if this updated version comes out. Otherwise you can decide to return the book now.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 11:52 am  Post subject:   
Attack Duck Owner
I think I'm just gonna wait it out and see what happens. I don't mind. :)

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 18 posts ]