Forum for general topics of all SSX types
Post a reply

Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:24 am

Since SSX is still 7 months away, I was thinking of getting SSX Tricky/3, Stoked, or Amped. Is there a point since it looks like SSX 2011 will be the best? I have other games I still need to play this year. Is there a point to play other snowboarding games? Thanks.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:59 am

I've never played Stoked or Amped but you really can't go wrong with Tricky and 3. They really are great games.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:59 pm

Noob moment....What's Stoked and Amped?

Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:12 pm

Aup - forget the rest and stay with SSX :)

Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:27 pm

Stoked and Amped are other snowboarding games. I believe both are xbox exclusives.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:42 am

Get Tricky and 3. Those two are the pinnacle of SSX so far.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:58 pm

Get SSX Tricky and/or SSX3. Both are x-levels above Amped and Stoked. Didn't like either of those, mainly because of the lack of tricks, freedom, style and the competitive levels compared to i.e SSX3. And that comes from a neutral point of view, to be honest. Before SSX, I used to play Cool Boarders snowboard games for PSX, which were great. But yeah, stick to SSX. Period.

Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:45 am

SSX 3 is only 5-8 dollars at gamestop and well worth the price. I would have paid 30 or more for it. Tricky is a little more than that, but you could probably get both for under 20.

Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:35 pm

there shouldn't even be a question! of course you should foo!

Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:26 pm

elgen wrote:Before SSX, I used to play Cool Boarders snowboard games for PSX, which were great. But yeah, stick to SSX. Period.

I won't lie. I played the hell out of Cool Boarders 2 and 3 on Playstation back in the day.

Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:43 pm

Of course you did, whoo. That's how we got into SSX anyways! :yes Heeeheee. But yesh, I kinda miss those games. They were darn fun, I gotta say. Especially if you had friends to compete with! And designing your own snowboard was hella cool as well! I remember I never got 50.0 on the half-pipe in CB2. Got x-number of 49.9's though...

Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:57 am

whoozwah wrote:
elgen wrote:Before SSX, I used to play Cool Boarders snowboard games for PSX, which were great. But yeah, stick to SSX. Period.

I won't lie. I played the hell out of Cool Boarders 2 and 3 on Playstation back in the day.

I've actually still got CB 2 and 3. Sometimes I load them up on my PS2/3.
Post a reply