Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:10 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Would you read it?
Poll ended at Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:01 am
Yes 40%  40%  [ 4 ]
No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Yes, but only because I want to scoff at this game even more 50%  50%  [ 5 ]
Joni you should make another SSX comic instead! 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 10
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:01 am  Post subject: SSX On Tour: Complete Quotes List  
PSN: jonipooon
Hey guys,

I played On Tour yesterday (forgive me, my brothers), but after several hours I felt so horrible I had to play SSX3 for a few minutes before I could feel normal again. The reason why I felt so horrible was because I had turned off all music and sounds except for the character voices, and tried to listen to what they said.

So, there were actually voices for the characters in this game, but none of them were particulary good (for example, Kaori, Elise and Skye share the same voice actress). :frusty How fucked up isnt that?!

One "interesting" thing I realized was that the character taunts seem to be much more aggresive and hateful in language compared to Tricky and SSX3. Sometimes it almost feel as if they want to kill each other. None of the quotes are friendly or funny, they're just full of hate and insults and makes you want to turn off the game. I only smiled once, when Elise passed by Psymon and said: "Try doing something else.... like wiiiiniiiing!" and that's not even very original. Most of the time, I wanted to cry, especially while listening to Kaori and Sid's atrocious accents... I thought they were supposed to be Japanese and not pseudo-mongolians with ADHD. :cry

Even so, I also found out that I could actually turn things around and make something funny and useful out of these horrible quotes from SSX On Tour. I found out that I could make a complete list over the quotes! :lol

This is a project that would probably take some time for me to do, and before I start the preparations it would be good to know if someone is even interested in reading these quotes. If someone wants to help me writing this guide, feel free to tell me. :)

Cheers!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:48 am  Post subject: Re: SSX On Tour: Complete Quotes List  
PSN: MistressWiggle
Joni please do one, also if you could get some sound files of their voices that would be great because I haven't got On Tour it's home in Devon with my brother who likes it. So an update on how atrocious they sound would be good. It would be good for the knowledge base anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:58 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX On Tour: Complete Quotes List  
XBL: WAffle3690
they have the same voice actors?! i didnt know that, thats horrible.

and when you said pseudo-mongolians with ADHD, it reminded me of that one south park episode with the chinese guy building the city: "God-damn mongowian keep knockin down mah shitty wall!" hahaha

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:04 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX On Tour: Complete Quotes List  
PSN: MistressWiggle
A Sick One With A Smile wrote:
they have the same voice actors?! i didnt know that, thats horrible.

and when you said pseudo-mongolians with ADHD, it reminded me of that one south park episode with the chinese guy building the city: "God-damn mongowian keep knockin down mah shitty wall!" hahaha

Oh lawl I can imagine Sid with Kim Jong Ills Team America voice.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:32 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX On Tour: Complete Quotes List  
PSN: CHROMANAUT_
crap i meant to choose the third option, but i chose yes instead. i want to see how horrible the quotes are.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:25 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX On Tour: Complete Quotes List  
XBL: Kaavyn
dooo eeet. :D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:21 am  Post subject: Re: SSX On Tour: Complete Quotes List  
I like this forum very much thanks to the good news.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]