Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:03 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:10 pm  Post subject: Is On Tour worth getting?  
XBL: MdX MaxX
I know On Tour is one of the worst SSX games. But I really don't think it can be worse than Blur. I have Blur, so I'm wondering if On Tour is better than Blur. I've been playing SSX3 the whole time but I really want to play something I haven't played before. My Tricky isn't working so I'll probably get a used copy of that along with OT.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:54 pm  Post subject:   
PSN: crispncrunchy
Well, I think the courses don't have the variety of Tricky & SSX3, but they are still good. I sorta like the seamlessness of the connections between courses.

The characters and chat are gone, which is a BIG problem for a lot of people around here. It isn't such an issue for me as I have the stereo UP and the TV down anyway.

The gameplay and feel is very similar to SSX3, it is not like the timing difference between Tricky & SSX3. The big difference is the Uber & Monster trick system, which is basically easier than SSX3.

Two things I have found with racing are: No speedo :mad and air time is very slow, like tricky :rolleyes

I enjoyed the character stats development more than SSX3, because it forced me to concentrate more on Showoff skills, which I basically ignored in SSX3.

I've never played Blur so I can't help there. All I know is that Blur has a mix of SSX3 and OT courses and a completely different controller method (which is obvious).

Hope that helps :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:55 pm  Post subject:   
Overall Best Players: #1SSX Tricky: Overall: #1Overall Best Players: Racing: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 9
  • Overall Best Players: #1
  • SSX Tricky: Overall: #1
  • Overall Best Players: Racing: #1
  • SSX On Tour: Racing: #2
  • SSX On Tour: Overall: #2
  • SSX (2012): Overall: #2
  • SSX Tricky: Showoff: #3
  • SSX On Tour: Showoff: #3
  • Overall Best Players: Showoff: #3
XBL: SaneThe Legend
True but i like on tour becouse racing is so fast and showoff is the easy ...but a bitch when u lost a 3 milllion combo but from all that it's good. btw there's no snowflakes x3 and shit to catch.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:49 pm  Post subject:   
i like on tour a lot, mainly because of the courses which are big and beautiful. also ea got kinda creative with sot - some courses are rendered during the night or during the day for different events and different events overlap some parts of the mountain. there are non-competing skiers and boarders on the mountin to run into (accidentally of course) i like the sound track also. there is a greater sense of speed than any other ssx game i believe though this is partly due to blurring which i don't like. there may be more rails to grind than other games in the series. i personally enjoy an event where you have to escape from the ski patrol.

the characters seem to be just optional skins on one character right down to gestures and victory dances which is not too interesting. also i think you have to do slopestyle, pipe, and racing to advance like crispy mentioned. you can't specialize.

overall i think the criticisms are kind of exaggerated. ssx3 set the bar way high but ot is probably my second favorite ssx game and better than 3 in some ways.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:20 pm  Post subject:   
i really like tour alot becuase of the missions like ski cop go go and the bragging rights jumps and stuff make the game intresting too.......

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:49 am  Post subject:   
XBL: zazontazaba
the ski cop thing was the only thing i liked abought on tour

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:05 pm  Post subject: Re: Is On Tour worth getting?  
Yeah, it's worth getting.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:46 pm  Post subject: Re:  
gravagriff wrote:
the ski cop thing was the only thing i liked abought on tour

that thing rocked :rock

about the whole game: some outfits are neat but overall it'll get really boring after a while (which ssx3 didn't)

Last updated: 2015/01/25 13:38

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:32 pm  Post subject: Re: Is On Tour worth getting?  
We were just given a copy of it for Gamecube (hubby and I hadn't bought it because we'd heard such bad things about it.) While not my favorite (Tricky will always be my first love.) I do like On Tour. It has some cool features, and the features I find annoying aren't THAT annoying.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:18 pm  Post subject: Re: Is On Tour worth getting?  
Its cheap, and has several hours of enjoyment. Its a downgrade from SSX 3, but if you're an SSX fan, its worth it. I spent $20 on it, and still play it occasionally. (Doing my first playthrough in a couple years, hence the return to the forums)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:20 pm  Post subject: Re: Is On Tour worth getting?  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Welcome back Lamrock. :cheers

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:03 am  Post subject: Re: Is On Tour worth getting?  
BLUR IS THE WORST and yes OT is worth getting, not as good as SSX 3 but aside from that it has no equal the graphics and courses alone make it awesome and the create your character feature is sweeeet if a little limited.

Blur is WIIafied it is cartoony and gay, it has the characters wrong in both appearence and background data (age, friends/ enemies, etc... and crap like allegra has red hair, moby is a skinhead) and u know what it makes me think ITS A GAME WITHIN A GAME yeah this is a game that SSX made aboutthe competitors within their universe and they play it in the lodge every evening. THAT IS LAMO!!! i am no pro with the wii motion control but i am good enough for msot games but i could not for the love of god figure out the controls for Blur: one control ot turn, the other to turn in the air, the other AGAIN to do a trick and the other AGAIN! to tweak WTH. the only thnig about blur that i took and converted to my own version of the universe is the new characters maya and felix (i created them on OT, pretty accurate actually)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:02 am  Post subject: Re: Is On Tour worth getting?  
does on tour have the possibility of buying different clothes and accessories for your character too?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:03 am  Post subject: Re: Is On Tour worth getting?  
On Tour is ONLY about creating your own characters so yes it does, the downside to thsi is that they pushed the characters to the background, OT focuses on putting u in the SSX universe and decided to put an end to the whole "you palying the role of one of the characters" thing. they may go back to that in a late title (i sure as SH%$ hope they do, with a game that is liek a sweeet mix of OT and SSX 3 in terms of what it has and hwo it works, a world tour is unrealistic being on a singel mountain resort is how it works in real life and makes it far easier to do as game too, u can't tour with winter sports cause different hemispheres and countries have different weather, they don't all magically have snow like the french alps)

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ]