Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:56 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:26 pm  Post subject: ssx on tour - psp  
hey all, just wondering if anyone here know how to transfer bowls/half pipes in SSX On Tour on PSP ?
ive been playing the game for weeks now and cant figure out how to transfer/lauch outta bowls/half pipes and the levels im upto now have huge mid air bowls that i need to be able to transfer into.
I know this is the granddaddy of all n00bish questions but id appreciate any help given

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:48 pm  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Hmm...you'll have to humor me here, I don't have the game for PSP, but does the PSP version allow you to do handstands? If so, that's how you transfer pipes/bowls. Do a handstand on the lip and then lean over into the pipe you want to transfer into. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:21 am  Post subject: handstands and transfers  
hey i managed to fluke a handstand and transfer into the upper bowls but i have managed to transfer before without handstanding and its near impossible to repeat the fluke i managed before.
so if anyone here owns OT for psp please lemme know how i can transfer so i can continue to play one of the best boarding/ski-ing games ive found.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:19 pm  Post subject:   
Im pretty sure handplanting is circle. I would check but m brothers got the psp at the moment.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:51 pm  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
If you don't use a handstand, the only way to do it is to jump early on the pipe you're going into, and even that doesn't work all the time. Instead of jumping at the top of the pipe, jump at the very start of the incline, near the bottom of the pipe. If you're lucky your trajectory will clear the top wall - most of the time you'll crash though.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:45 am  Post subject: I think I have the answer!!  
I have just had a go at the :mad ea customer support representatives :mad over this issue. Apparently they forgot to mention in the instructions that you should press triangle at the very peak of a jump to transfer to other pipes!!! :rolleyes (i.e. on Gone Fission).
Mind you I havn't tried this yet. If it works I will place a new post titled HOW TO TRANSFER FROM ONE HALF PIPE TO ANOTHER IN SSX ON TOUR, just so that it is easy to find with google.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:14 am  Post subject: NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPENOPE NOEPNOEPNOENPEONEPNO EPNOEP  
Didn't work, still trying to get more info as the instructions they gave me were rather vague:

To transfer from one pipe to another in the later stages of the game, you first have to generate your speed and then while heading up the ramp / pipe, press triangle when your boarder is directly above the target ramp / pipe and you will be able to completed the transfer.

They seem to start giving an instruction on what to do on the way up the ramp, but then miss it out and tell you what to do when in mid air.....
This is a bit silly really, I have tried everything I can think of.
I normally complete games......

:frusty :frusty :frusty :frusty :frusty :frusty :frusty :frusty :frusty :frusty :frusty :frusty :frusty :frusty :frusty :frusty :frusty :frusty :frusty :frusty

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:15 am  Post subject:   
he, he he he, he he (pronounced hu hu hu) thats funny

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:26 am  Post subject:   
SSX: Showoff: #1
  • SSX: Showoff: #1
PSN: Adru1011
I know how to handplant in the pipe for the game, but I haven't played my psp game for at least a month or even 3 months since I was playing ssx tricky.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:49 am  Post subject:   
so i've been playing the game for a while but I can#t figure out how to transfer to the bigger pipes on Gone FIssion. Maybe there is another way besides transferring into it? THe triangle solution didn't work for me..

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:00 am  Post subject:   
I think handplanting is the only way to go. It works anywhere it should work, anyway. In Gone Fission there are 2 bars at the very end of the top half-pipes that you can handplant easily.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 1:07 pm  Post subject:   
thingummywut wrote:
I think handplanting is the only way to go. It works anywhere it should work, anyway. In Gone Fission there are 2 bars at the very end of the top half-pipes that you can handplant easily.

ity's not the only way to do this (like gondee metioned in his first post) but i don't tranfer i jsut saty in the middle ^^

Last updated: 2015/01/25 13:38

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 11:40 am  Post subject:   
Bennieboj wrote:
thingummywut wrote:

ity's not the only way to do this (like gondee metioned in his first post) but i don't tranfer i jsut saty in the middle ^^

Well, the only "intended" way anyway. I don't believe the jumping technique would be that handy.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 2:40 am  Post subject:   
thingummywut wrote:
Bennieboj wrote:
thingummywut wrote:

Well, the only "intended" way anyway. I don't believe the jumping technique would be that handy.

that's sadly true :heh

Last updated: 2015/01/25 13:38

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:20 pm  Post subject:   
Alex wrote:
I know how to handplant in the pipe for the game, but I haven't played my psp game for at least a month or even 3 months since I was playing ssx tricky.

I wish i having SSX On Tour on my Psp, but i only have Nintendo DS

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:30 pm  Post subject:   
Overall Best Players: #1SSX Tricky: Overall: #1Overall Best Players: Racing: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 9
  • Overall Best Players: #1
  • SSX Tricky: Overall: #1
  • Overall Best Players: Racing: #1
  • SSX On Tour: Racing: #2
  • SSX On Tour: Overall: #2
  • SSX (2012): Overall: #2
  • SSX Tricky: Showoff: #3
  • SSX On Tour: Showoff: #3
  • Overall Best Players: Showoff: #3
XBL: SaneThe Legend
:eek :eek :eek :eek my god why is Khoren your name in all the topics :eek :eek :eek :eek

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:43 am  Post subject:   
eh i know

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:07 am  Post subject:   
Alex wrote:

Mate, I hadn't played OT on PSP for four months. Why? The screen on my PSP's buggered! So I'm borrowing my friend's PSP so I can try to beat Mac in that one last Shred Event and become an SSX Legend. =3

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:26 am  Post subject: Re: ssx on tour - psp  
Hey guys i found out exactly how to do the pipe transfer on gone fission!! :woot :pimp OK so there is a yellow bar at the end of each upper pipe. you need to get under them. then you need enough speed to get to their height. While still on the lower pipe on the way up the incline press and hold 'circle'. hold it until your player dude has grabbed onto the bar and you have turned him in the direction of the upper pipe. release 'circle' and he will jump into the upper pipe. BTW getting the collectibles (snowflake things) is another story although takes much less figuring. You just need to ramp out onto those thing that don't look like grinds but you can actually grind on them... :rolleyes Good luck and have fun :) :D

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 19 posts ]