Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:22 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 47  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:09 pm  Post subject:   
:woot :woot :woot :woot :woot :woot :woot

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:15 pm  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
IceXtreme wrote:

A little while back....
Gondee wrote:
I'm like 99% sure SSX On Tour will be online.

You get my point :heh

Hey, give me the link to that quote! :heh I will be my integrity on being able to choose skis or boards for returning characters, so there! :heh

I asked EA about Zoe's design, they said they wanted her to be more like she fit "on the mountain" than of the "walking cliche" she had been in the past (direct quote.) So there's your reasoning. :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:21 pm  Post subject:   
SSX On Tour: Racing: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 4
  • SSX On Tour: Racing: #1
  • SSX 3: Overall: #2
  • SSX 3: Racing: #3
  • SSX On Tour: Overall: #3
Gondee wrote:
Hey, give me the link to that quote! :heh I will be my integrity on being able to choose skis or boards for returning characters, so there! :heh

:heh :heh :heh that wasn't your exact quote. It went something like that though. It was in the beginning when there was much speculation about ssx on tour being online. Don't worry about Gondee. Not even the almighty G-Man can even sway a decision made by the all powerful E.A. :heh

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:25 pm  Post subject:   
gondee wrote:
I asked EA about Zoe's design, they said they wanted her to be more like she fit "on the mountain" than of the "walking cliche" she had been in the past (direct quote.) So there's your reasoning. :)

Firstly, I resent the idea of Zoe in the past being a walking cliche. That may have been true for SSX (Maybe) and SSX Tricky (Okay, I can agree there) but I think in SSX 3 they found a unique look for her that definitely suited the charecter. If anyone's guilty of being a walking chiche, they should look at Kaori.....

Secondly, how about asking EA if some of the elements from her previous looks (Facepaint, dyed hair, crazy-assed accessories, ect) will be available for customization, or if they're really trying to ram a plain-jane version down our throats?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:35 pm  Post subject:   
I think they're tending to streamline the character designs to fit more in with current trends. That way the CAC's, with their real life stuff, fit right in. Shoot, we'll probably get a lot of corporate logos on stuff the characters wear as well.

As long as there is crazy stuff in there somewhere, I don't really mind how they look now. I love her facial design, just her outfit is really mellower than it's ever been in the past.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:45 pm  Post subject:   
Good call, probably the right attitude to have.

Two things: What's the CAC's you keep mentioning (obviously I'm still a little out of the loop), and if this is the attitude they take with Zoe, what's gonna happen to Psymon.....

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:48 pm  Post subject:   
CAC is Create-A-Character.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:57 pm  Post subject:   
Quote:
Two things: What's the CAC's you keep mentioning (obviously I'm still a little out of the loop), and if this is the attitude they take with Zoe, what's gonna happen to Psymon.....

Psymon's got a full-on mohawk if we've picked him out of the screenshots for the game, so he's still pretty out there. That's why Zoe is such a surprise.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:20 pm  Post subject:   
PSN: CHROMANAUT_
yeah, regardless i like the new zoe despite all of her old styles and cliches or whatever.

but in the interview on gamespot, Steve Anthony said, "Some of them [veterans] have been mixed up, but they have designations. They'll either be a boarder or skiier."

so i'm not sure if you can switch between the two, but to my understanding you can't on veterans, except when in multiplayer.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:26 pm  Post subject:   
He may have just been highlighting the fact that some of the vets have crossed over. Dosen't mean it's written in stone.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:28 pm  Post subject:   
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
wow, i'm in shock at how much zoe sucks. excuse me while i catch some zzz's at the sheer boringness of her look and persona....geez, talk about dumbing the game down. instead of being an interesting "walking cliche" she's boring, dull and looks like everyone else. :(

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:30 pm  Post subject:   
PSN: CHROMANAUT_
Red_Gambit wrote:
He may have just been highlighting the fact that some of the vets have crossed over. Dosen't mean it's written in stone.

of course it doesn't mean it's written in stone, but that's what he said.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:31 pm  Post subject:   
I hope I don't get beaten for this, but if she's such a skier, why is she wearing snowboard boots? (And same goes for all the other skiers I've seen in pics and vids for On Tour)

Or are we to assume that this is just what ski boots look like in the SSX universe?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:36 pm  Post subject:   
I think Tunes may be right, I dunno why else her stance would be "skiing", if she could do both why would it say that? But, we have seen screen shots and videos of her on a board, so I dunno.

And Krispy or anyone else who has the power, I think you should request Nate next, lol. I'm eager to see what they've done with him this game.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:40 pm  Post subject:   
vix wrote:
wow, i'm in shock at how much zoe sucks. excuse me while i catch some zzz's at the sheer boringness of her look and persona....geez, talk about dumbing the game down. instead of being an interesting "walking cliche" she's boring, dull and looks like everyone else. :(
Whatev. You're wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:45 pm  Post subject:   
Attack Duck Owner
lexi, you have your opinion, i have mine :china

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:10 pm  Post subject:   
135 lbs is already a tad on the heavy side for a girl of 5'6", but with that baggy nightshirt-of-a-sweatshirt, I'm guessing she's more around 150 lbs and she's just trying to hide it. :lol

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:12 pm  Post subject:   
vix wrote:
lexi, you have your opinion, i have mine :china
Haha, I was joking. I actually sorta agree. She is boring. :( But I still like her. <333

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:16 pm  Post subject:   
Attack Duck Owner
oh, well, how should i know...i mean, this is the internet...:|

I like zoe, but not the new one...she's so fricken dull and just looks like a new character, she looks nothing like zoe...since when in hell would zoe wear chopsticks in her hair...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:20 pm  Post subject:   
in a way her look makes sense... before her clothes really didnt have as much pizzazz as ssx 3 and zoe seems like the type to wear what she's comfortable in, guess she's getting back to her roots and leting others steal the spotlight
does that makes sense or am i just realll tired? :dead

although if they wanted to get away from cliche they coulda done so without taking her superstar apeal away... throw on a beret, curl her hair, catframe glasses, ANYTHING, and give it a rocker twist

dissapointement everywhere.....

but i still think she's ok, she's growing on me...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:28 pm  Post subject:   
Surprise Celebrity Panelist
Why do skiiers complain about the shoes? Skiing boots stink! What an awesome fantasy it is that you could have comfortable snowboarding boots during skiing! Kick ass!

There will be customization. I bet they're giving us clean pallates everywhere so we can make Zoe the black diamomd rockstar she deserves to be on our own.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:30 pm  Post subject:   
XBL: tk9077
PSN: tk102
Wow, Zoe is, different.

Her clothes do look like something rather bland, but if you look at her face, you can kinda see that she's still the same determined and crazy Zoe. She's just ready for bed. Haha. Well, I'm hoping that there will be better clothes out there for her so you could bring her back to her style.

Skiing? Then what's with the video of her doing that monster on a snowboard (and in a completely different outfit)?

I think that when you play in story mode, you will only encounter Zoe if your CAC is a skiier, and so you can only race, etc. against Zoe on ski events in the story. I think that when you do single play events, you can use Zoe for both skiing and snowboarding, cause it makes no sense to have only 5 characters to choose from when picking a snowboard event, or the other 5 for a skiing event.

That's six confirmed characters: Mac, Elise, Kaori, Nate, Allegra, and Zoe. Who's the final returning character? Hehe.

Next, it should either be that returning character, or Nate.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:42 pm  Post subject:   
I like it. I think she's just keeping up with trends. Like nowadays, haven't you seen a lot of punks walking around in Pajamas? That's pretty common where I live, so I think she looks really cool. The only thing I thing is odd is that she kinda has this Japanese-influenced hair. It's not bad, just funky. I actually like it, but I wouldn't think that she would wear that.

But I love Zoe!!! She's gonna be a blast to play with. I don't care what you guys think. You're just stuck in the past.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:43 pm  Post subject:   
Surprise Celebrity Panelist
It's Psymon. It just is.

Quote:
And Krispy or anyone else who has the power, I think you should request Nate next, lol. I'm eager to see what they've done with him this game.

Be careful what you wish for. :evil

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:28 pm  Post subject:   
One thing I have to mention...remember how in previous SSX games, the characters had a specialty style of snowboarding...boardercross, freestyle, or alpine...ya know...but you could certainly use a different board even if that wasn't their forte...well perhaps it will be the same thing...maybe Zoe will specialize in skiing, but sure, you can still snowboard with her. That's my thoughts on it anyway. Plus...never count any of these little details out until we have the game and see the final product! Also...us fans of Zoe from the original SSX aren't "stuck in the past" ...we're just die-hard fans! But nevertheless...I'll still always like Zoe...probably no matter what she has on, or how her hair is...she's still Zoe. While I can be a little dissapointed that she doesn't look like what I expected...I'm just hella glad she's in this one, and I'm sure she'll still have the same attitude as before...either way, I'm happy... :yes

PS...all of you who are extremely mad about her looks now...I totally understand where you're coming from, so don't think I'm trying to down-play the shock factor of it...just trying to make the best of it I s'pose.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 47  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 5 of 47 [ 1171 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 47