Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:31 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:50 pm  Post subject: Events in Norway  
PSN: MistressWiggle
So I found out today that a lot of American's aren't informed of what happened in Norway yesterday, not a bitch at anyone it's the news not anyone's fault. But thought I'd bring it to the attention of peeps who didn't know yet. While we in England have to deal wtih the new reporting on a certain drug addicted singers death who obviously had it coming; yesterday in Norway along with the bomb blasts in Oslo 98 innocent teenagers were shot dead at a political summer camp on Utoeya island in central Norway.

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m​4/jul2011/5/3/image-4-oslo-the-da​y-after-651977525.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-​europe-14259356

I think it's a complete tragedy that tonight 98 sets of parents will be organising their childs burial instead of welcoming them home. It's a subject that's kind of hit home for me seeing the bodies under those white sheets was upsetting.....

I also have a friend in Norway who was present in Oslo as she works in the district where the bombs went off. Obviously she's fine but a little shaken up.

And Yes Amy Winehouse is finally dead.

Discuss I guess :/

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:24 pm  Post subject: Re: Events in Norway  
PSN: CharmyDweeng
I just heard that apparently Alders is getting 21 years...

I won't lie, I would be more satisfied if the sentence was significantly longer.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:21 am  Post subject: Re: Events in Norway  
Agree, that's one problem in Scandinavia and England. Far to soft on sentances.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:46 pm  Post subject: Re: Events in Norway  
edit: sorry for bringing that up...

Last edited by doyle on Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:46 pm  Post subject: Re: Events in Norway  
Well, Anders is a supporter of Israel.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:13 am  Post subject: Re: Events in Norway  
Um, with the utmost respect, I know this is the lodge, but take your opinions elsewhere if you want to argue over Anders. This is a memorial thread. Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:56 pm  Post subject: Re: Events in Norway  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
NA has asked you keep all Anders discussion out of this thread. Please abide by that request, as this is the Lodge. And RE, calling someone an Assclown is out of limits in the Lodge.

Back on topic - don't post if you have nothing to say that doesn't involve Anders.

EDIT: RE, howsabout I erase any trace of this stupid conversation and we'll call that a day. Done. Back on topic.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:35 pm  Post subject: Re: Events in Norway  
Hi NA:

I wonder if they are going to find all of the people who were killed in the Oslo bombing.

In the United States, we faced a similar situation on September 11, 2001 when the Twin Towers were decimated by suicide bombers. Some of the individuals' bodies of those victimized by the attack were never found.

It must be difficult for the persons in Norway who will never be able to find the bodies of those whom they care deeply about.

I am currently praying for those who are trying to locate loved ones in the wake of the Oslo massacre.

Take care.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:01 am  Post subject: Re: Events in Norway  
I know the BBC website has started to name people. I also understand now that the 98 they thought died originally has been revised to 70 something due to miscounting, which is kind of but not really a relief. However I also understand they're still searching the water around Uteoya. As for Oslo bombings they did think it was only 2 people but again this is to be revised with time. All the flowers outside the cathedral whilst incredibly sad do look absolutely beautiful and it has been wonderful to see so many people not even involved paying respects.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:24 am  Post subject: Re: Events in Norway  
Me lost a friend in this. She's been missing since 22nd, but she's now confirmed dead. Shocking stuff, really. But that's just how life is... You never know what you get. One just have to live with it and slowly move on.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:08 pm  Post subject: Re: Events in Norway  
Hi eigen:

I'm sorry to hear about that. I hope that you will find comfort in these very trying times.

Take care.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:52 am  Post subject: Re: Events in Norway  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Aww Elgen, I can't believe that. I'm sorry man. So sorry for your loss. :(

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:36 am  Post subject: Re: Events in Norway  
Elgen that is awful and tragic news. My thoughts to you.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:43 am  Post subject: Re: Events in Norway  
XBL: Kaavyn
Elgen I'm so sorry to hear that :( I hope you're alright.

I remember I heard about this the same day I heard about Amy Winehouse. I originally had RIP Amy Winehouse on my facebook, and when I heard about this I deleted that status to say RIP to the 98 and counting victims of this tragedy. I can't believe Amy Winehouse's death is more important than this tragic mass shooting to a lot of people.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ]