Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:35 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:48 am  Post subject: Blog  
A friend of mine recently mentioned to me that I start my own blog. I've become fairly notorious amongst Facebook friends for my rants, random facts, and outrageous subject matters. While I understand how blogging works, I am unfamiliar with getting started (down the right path), as well as how it could benefit me if it were to be successful in terms of garnering readers.

If any of you are familiar with the Sports and Pop Cultural columnist Bill Simmons of ESPN, he recently launched his own website (Grantland.com). It's a brilliant site with intelligent and humorous writers. They have given me the inspiration to speak my mind to those who care to read it so that perhaps one day I could move from the blogging world and actually become a columnist.

It will be an uphill battle to say the least because everyone knows someone who blogs. I do not have a degree in journalism or literature. I simply have an unfiltered outlook at life and have zero issues talking about anything, usually bringing a lighter side to even the darkest of issues. My strongest quality is in my ranting, almost of a Dennis Miller quality without the analogies that few would understand. If enough of you are okay with and encourage it, I may even make a few posts here to see what kind of feedback I will get.

Positive and negative opinions welcomed.

Oh, and...... :pimp

PD~

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:45 am  Post subject: Re: Blog  
SSX: Racing: #1
Clayman
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX: Racing: #1
  • SSX: Overall: #2
Lol you leave forever and then come back just for some help to blog? And how good is your outlook on life, when you just want a self-centered narcissistic webpage to talk about shit assuming anyone cares. Don't take this too harshly, I just think this whole blogging shit is just another colossal fail of generation nothingness.

Anyway, it's easy.

1. Start a blog

2. Bitch away

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:13 pm  Post subject: Re: Blog  
PSN: MistressWiggle
To be honest PD if people are interested and it's written well people will read it and word will spread, it's not a quetion about having any sort of qualification in literature. Recently I've been enjoying this blog: http://www.adturds.co.uk/ and as far as I know he's just a guy that hates shit adverts. Anyways, although I'm not one to enter into the Lodges long debates because they go no where and I have no patience, I will read a good blog; so good luck!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:34 pm  Post subject: Re: Blog  
Alp, I don't think blogs are always self-centered. Sure, it can be one's perspective of events ranging from meaningless to important, but ultimately it's for entertaining the mind. Sometimes it's just to report some news you might not otherwise hear from your main sources. In fact, The Lodge has a lot of similarities to blogging in that someone creates a post to express their thoughts or simply pose a question, others comment under it. If you like a writer's style because you think they're informative, witty, or hilarious, then it's no different than reading a book from your favorite author.

Thanks, NA. I've actually already made my first post under a URL w/ Google. I'll post the link once I have a few more entries and edits.

PD~

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:44 pm  Post subject: Re: Blog  
PSN: MistressWiggle
PD~ wrote:
Thanks, NA. I've actually already made my first post under a URL w/ Google. I'll post the link once I have a few more entries and edits.

I'll be happy to take a gander when you're ready. :china

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:28 pm  Post subject: Re: Blog  
PSN: CHROMANAUT_
dude blogs can be fun. it's like a way to get everything out, WHILE seeing if other people give a shit. and blogs can vary. for example, my blog: http://chrononautical.blogspot.com (also in my sig) is me just posting about cool shit i find. i don't really have more than 2-4 sentences per post, and most of it's pictures. it just really varies.

also, i'd have to agree with NA, if people care, they'll read it, if they don't, they won't. it's simple as that.

as for you posting it on here, why not? that's kind of what a forum is for, right?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:46 pm  Post subject: Re: Blog  
XBL: WAffle3690
if you wanna be greedy you can always do the google ads along with your blog.

personally i think blogs are kinda useless unless its actual useful or truely entertaining writing and/or information. i dislike the blogs where people just tell the internet their lives and expect a ton of attention from it. and thats what i mostly think blogs are anymore, just people seeking attention.

but good luck anyway.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]