Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/gravitud/public_html/ssx_forum/includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php on line 626

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/gravitud/public_html/ssx_forum/includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php on line 626

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/gravitud/public_html/ssx_forum/includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php on line 626

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/gravitud/public_html/ssx_forum/includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php on line 626

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/gravitud/public_html/ssx_forum/includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php on line 626

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/gravitud/public_html/ssx_forum/includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php on line 626

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/gravitud/public_html/ssx_forum/includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php on line 626

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/gravitud/public_html/ssx_forum/includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php on line 626

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/gravitud/public_html/ssx_forum/includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php on line 626

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/gravitud/public_html/ssx_forum/includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php on line 626
The Gravitude Bar • View topic - The meaning of life
Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:29 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister
 



Post new topic Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:53 pm  Post subject: Re: The meaning of life  
Gravitude MVP
User avatar
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2004 7:43 pm
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX 3: Overall: #2
  • SSX 3: Racing: #3
Rank: Gravitude MVP
QuotidianPerfection wrote:
1. When Iraq invaded Saudi Arabia, the Saudis asked the United States to intervene. In other words, the Americans became involved with the Persian Gulf War only after the Unites States were asked to help. Hence, not all Muslim Arab countries hold a contemptous attitude towards Americans.

Damn, you get your basic facts wrong in almost every post! It's not Saudi Arabia you're thinking of, it's the tiny emirate of Kuwait, which historically belonged to the Babylonians/Iraqis. The corrupt Saudi ruling family allowed the Americans to put their troops on their land, they didn't ask them to come. The US told Saddam they would not intervene if he invaded Kuwait, that they were indifferent. That was the lie that started the Gulf War on the Iraqi side. Saddam was to blame for invading, the US was to blame for encouraging him and then turning on him to launch a long-planned invasion. The purpose was to destroy his military, which had grown strong in the 2 years since the end of the Iran-Iraq War, not to topple Saddam, as the US troops were ordered to retreat when they were 24 hours from getting to Saddam's palace.

Quote:
2. You often make the Nation of Israel seem like bullies. Let me ask you the following questions, though: Is Israel as wealthy as the United Arab Emirates (UAE)? Is Israel as rich as Saudi Arabia? Is Israel as affluent as Dubai? Hence, both Israel and its surrounding Arab countries are blessed equally, albeit in different ways. Israel holds exclusive rights to historical sites, such as the Wailing Wall. On the other hand, Arab countries ascertain an abundance of wealth from selling the oil supplies which lies beneath their grounds.

A bully steals your lunch and allowance money, and might punch you in the face. Israel kills Palestinians daily, and has its puppet kill millions of its self-created enemies in Muslim lands.

You could say that Israel is wealthier than all of the others you mention combined, given that Israelis run the worlds biggest banks, including the Federal Reserve, ECB, BIS, IMF, World Bank, etc. While Dubai's amazing boom is now at a complete halt, Israel's economy is one of the strongest in the world. Surprise, surprise.


crispncrunchy wrote:
3 strikes on Alcohol in Iran and your executed, does that appeal to you RE. Maybe you might like to explain why Iran has the 2nd biggest Narcotics Anonymous fellowship outside of the USA?

I'm not sure about that. Smuggling alcohol perhaps, but consuming? I doubt it. Does it appeal to me? No, but I'm neither Muslim nor Persian. Alcohol is prohibited in the Quran. Persians/Iranians have a cultural/traditional problem with drugs. Alcohol is a drug much more harmful than many drugs illegalized in the West. Many nations and US states practice the death penalty. Does this help explain or give perspective to your perceptions?

_________________
Image
Are you a patriot? Then spend 1 hour reading this site.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:05 pm  Post subject: Re: The meaning of life  
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:05 pm
Rank: Master
Location: United States
Hi Re Virus:

Let me make the following point: I abhor the senseless slaughter of both Israelis and Palestinians. If members of both camps participate in genocide, then the individuals which belong to both groups should be brought before the Hague to answer for their war crimes. If, on the other hand, Israelis kill Palestinians to ward off an invasion, or vice-versa, then I find nothing wrong with these actions, since they are done in self-defense.

At this point in time, I would much rather discuss Baron von Gikkigen's wish for worldwide happiness and "peace" than subjects which pins everything that goes wrong in the world on the Jews.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:04 pm  Post subject: Re: The meaning of life  
User avatar
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:47 pm
Rank: Master
Location: Back in Oz
PSN: crispncrunchy
RE Virus wrote:
crispncrunchy wrote:
3 strikes on Alcohol in Iran and your executed, does that appeal to you RE. Maybe you might like to explain why Iran has the 2nd biggest Narcotics Anonymous fellowship outside of the USA?

I'm not sure about that. Smuggling alcohol perhaps, but consuming? I doubt it. Does it appeal to me? No, but I'm neither Muslim nor Persian. Alcohol is prohibited in the Quran. Persians/Iranians have a cultural/traditional problem with drugs. Alcohol is a drug much more harmful than many drugs illegalized in the West. Many nations and US states practice the death penalty. Does this help explain or give perspective to your perceptions?

No perceptions my friend, learnt first hand from an Iranian I met here in Denmark and confirmed by an Iranian refugee that 3 convictions of possession of alcohol in Iran is an automatic death sentence. Yes alcohol is prohibited in the Quran, but Heroin and Hash are not, which is one of the factors that drives their extensive use in Iran. What you need to recognise, in addition to all your observations about Iran, is that it is in no way a perfect society. It is just as fucked as the next country you might like to criticise.

_________________
Image
Some of my Architectural renders :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:15 pm  Post subject: Re: The meaning of life  
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:05 pm
Rank: Master
Location: United States
Hi crispncrunchy:

Would it be fair to say, then, that all countries have their flaws, and that individuals who perceive their country as the only perfect one are living in a "dream world?" Also, do you think jingoism is a contibuting factor to why citizens of different countries delineate in the previously described manner?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:46 pm  Post subject: Re: The meaning of life  
Gravitude MVP
User avatar
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2004 7:43 pm
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX 3: Overall: #2
  • SSX 3: Racing: #3
Rank: Gravitude MVP
crispncrunchy wrote:
RE Virus wrote:
crispncrunchy wrote:
3 strikes on Alcohol in Iran and your executed, does that appeal to you RE. Maybe you might like to explain why Iran has the 2nd biggest Narcotics Anonymous fellowship outside of the USA?

I'm not sure about that. Smuggling alcohol perhaps, but consuming? I doubt it. Does it appeal to me? No, but I'm neither Muslim nor Persian. Alcohol is prohibited in the Quran. Persians/Iranians have a cultural/traditional problem with drugs. Alcohol is a drug much more harmful than many drugs illegalized in the West. Many nations and US states practice the death penalty. Does this help explain or give perspective to your perceptions?

No perceptions my friend, learnt first hand from an Iranian I met here in Denmark and confirmed by an Iranian refugee that 3 convictions of possession of alcohol in Iran is an automatic death sentence. Yes alcohol is prohibited in the Quran, but Heroin and Hash are not, which is one of the factors that drives their extensive use in Iran. What you need to recognise, in addition to all your observations about Iran, is that it is in no way a perfect society. It is just as fucked as the next country you might like to criticise.

I've never said Iran is a perfect society... only much better than the media portrays it. As for death sentence for alcohol possession, it's not really a big deal - just don't do alcohol. Maybe they took lessons from Prohibition in the US, which didn't work and allowed Jewish gangsters to get filthy rich. If anything that law should be extended to heroin and the other drugs that are a huge problem in Iran.

_________________
Image
Are you a patriot? Then spend 1 hour reading this site.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:17 pm  Post subject: Re: The meaning of life  
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:05 pm
Rank: Master
Location: United States
Hi RE Virus:

If my memory serves me correctly, the Kennedys' wealth was attained through the bootlegging of liquor during the prohibition era. It should also be duly noted that this powerful family was not Jewish--they were Irish Catholic.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:00 pm  Post subject: Re: The meaning of life  
Gravitude MVP
User avatar
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2004 7:43 pm
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX 3: Overall: #2
  • SSX 3: Racing: #3
Rank: Gravitude MVP
QuotidianPerfection wrote:
Hi RE Virus:

If my memory serves me correctly, the Kennedys' wealth was attained through the bootlegging of liquor during the prohibition era. It should also be duly noted that this powerful family was not Jewish--they were Irish Catholic.

That's an unproven story planted by Jewish gangsters with an axe to grind against JFK, his brother RFK who as AG targeted the mafia, and their father Joseph P. Kennedy, an outspoken and knowledgeable anti-Jewish politician and businessman who made his fortune in the financial markets before Wall Street became an exclusively Jewish territory.

I bet you heard that by some "expert" on some nightly TV channel. There is no doubt that RFK went after the gangsters, against the advice of J. Edgar Hoover who was in bed with the mafia. The media will never point out that McCain's little fortune comes from Bronfman's bootlegging, or that Obama's rise was financed by the sons of Chicago's top gangsters.

_________________
Image
Are you a patriot? Then spend 1 hour reading this site.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:32 pm  Post subject: Re: The meaning of life  
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:05 pm
Rank: Master
Location: United States
Hi RE Virus:

I have two points that I want you to consider.

1. You seem to believe that the Jews are responsible for all the evil which transpires in the world. However, a person's race, ethnicity, creed, sexual orientation, or disability often do not have an appreciable influence on his or her conduct. The overwhelming majority of people would classify rescuing a person from a burning building as a noble act, but would construe first-degree murder as malevolent conduct. Consequently, if a Jewish firefighter saves an infant from burning to death, do we say his or her deed is commendable because it is good "Jewish" behavior? No. It is a respectable gesture because it illustrates one human being's desire to put his or her life in jeopardy in order to aid a helpless individual. On the other hand, if a Jewish gangster carries out a planned execution of an individual, does that, according to society, epitomize reprehensible "Jewish" conduct? No. The act mirrors a person's deliberate attempt to visit violence upon another person in a calculated fashion. All individuals who commit this type of heinous act will face a prolonged term of imprisonment or even the death penalty.

2. You also use the article "the" before "Jews," implying that all Jews are evil, and are responsible for societal problems. This assertion, though, can be refuted on two grounds. The first is that there are many Jews who do not desire to "control the media." Also, you should be cognizant of the fact that there are many types of Jews: Ultra-Orthodox Jews, Orthodox Jews, Reformed Jews, and various other branches that can be compartmentalized under the Judaic umbrella. Not all Jewish sects think alike. Moreover, it is possible that, even within a particular Jewish group, there will be philosophical disagreements among members of that particular group.

I hope this makes sense.

Take care.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:02 pm  Post subject: Re: The meaning of life  
Gravitude MVP
User avatar
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2004 7:43 pm
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX 3: Overall: #2
  • SSX 3: Racing: #3
Rank: Gravitude MVP
I agree with what you say there, and your implicit assertion that I don't is more foolish QP ignorance that I can only laugh at. I do not use the article "the" before "Jews" unless appropriate, in fact I take care to make that very distinction which you imply I don't.

_________________
Image
Are you a patriot? Then spend 1 hour reading this site.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:38 pm  Post subject: Re: The meaning of life  
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:05 pm
Rank: Master
Location: United States
Hi RE Virus:

I beg to differ. Generally speaking, whenever you assert that Jews own the media, you use the term "the Jews." Personally, I don't agree with this belief--there are many individuals from religious persuasions different from that of Judaism who could be labeled as "media control freaks." Also, if you still believe the Jews are responsible for global misfortunates, why not specify what branches of Judaism these perceived culprits arise from? Again, I want to make it clear my conviction on this given subject: people who try to monopolize the media can arise from a variety of creeds. Thanks, though, for your response.

Take care.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:39 pm  Post subject: Re: The meaning of life  
Gravitude MVP
User avatar
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2004 7:43 pm
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX 3: Overall: #2
  • SSX 3: Racing: #3
Rank: Gravitude MVP
Maybe you should read my posts more carefully, as I don't say "the Jews own the media", I say "Jews own the media". The fact that Jews own the media is not something you can disagree with, it's an easily verifiable fact by simply doing the research to find out who the media bosses are. You can argue that it's not important, etc, but you can't disagree with it, it's emprical fact. Sure that "people who try to monopolize the media can arise from a variety of creeds", but it is Jews and nobody else who have monopolized the media.

Your arguments are so incredibly shallow, it's amusing. You read what you want to read, completely ignore facts, and ramble about tangential, sometimes completely unrelated, subjects.

_________________
Image
Are you a patriot? Then spend 1 hour reading this site.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:20 pm  Post subject: Re: The meaning of life  
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:05 pm
Rank: Master
Location: United States
Hi RE Virus:

There is a difference between propaganda and fact. Propaganda is perpetuated by individuals who try to prove that their point of view is right. This can be achieved in a variety of ways, including defaming members of a different race, ethnic group, creed, gender, or sexual orientation to prove the following point: "I'm good, and stand up for what is right. However, there are 'others' who are evil, and, although wrong, make every plan possible to thwart my attempts to stand up for what is just." Such arguments unravel, though, when there are not an abundance of facts in existence to substantiate these points. Facts, by contrast, answer the following six queries: 1) who, 2) what, 3) when, 4) where, 5) why, and, 6) how. Facts can be verified by multple sources. Finally, facts can be proven by concrete evidence, as opposed to propaganda, which is just a litany of abstractions forwarded by a person, or a group of people, to others with the intent of brainwashing societies into believing that their ethical stance is the correct one.

Take care.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:18 pm  Post subject: Re: The meaning of life  
Gravitude MVP
User avatar
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2004 7:43 pm
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX 3: Overall: #2
  • SSX 3: Racing: #3
Rank: Gravitude MVP
I vaguely agree with your vague definitions. I would agree completely if they weren't "a litany of abstractions forwarded by a person", as are most of your posts.

You are completely unwilling to deal with facts, it's truly amusing.

_________________
Image
Are you a patriot? Then spend 1 hour reading this site.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:41 pm  Post subject: Re: The meaning of life  
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:05 pm
Rank: Master
Location: United States
Hi RE Virus:

Who is the individual in the United States that is accused of trying to control the media today? Barrack Obama. And Obama isn't Jewish.

As an aside, I voted for Obama (I held his Health Reform Bill in high esteem), but quickly became disenfranchised with him the moment Obama started telling people "how to run their lives" (e.g., forcing American schools to serve only healthy food in their cafeterias). Consequently, I won't vote for him again.

I am proud, however, to say that I was one of the voters who voted for the first African-American president in history.

Take care.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:05 pm  Post subject: Re: The meaning of life  
Gravitude MVP
User avatar
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2004 7:43 pm
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX 3: Overall: #2
  • SSX 3: Racing: #3
Rank: Gravitude MVP
Accused by whom, the media? Obama doesn't control his own fucking house. He's their house nigger.

So Obama has been "forcing American schools to serve only healthy food in their cafeterias"? And this is a bad thing? If true, it would be about the only thing he has done right, and you see it as a reason not to vote for him! :heh

And voting for the first African-American president in history is something to be proud of? You'd vote for him because he's black, you racist redneck?

You are ridiculous.

edit: given your hilarious idiocy in the other topic, I won't bother responding to your bullshit anymore.

_________________
Image
Are you a patriot? Then spend 1 hour reading this site.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:26 pm  Post subject: Re: The meaning of life  
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:05 pm
Rank: Master
Location: United States
Hi RE Virus:

Fine. Whom you choose to respond to is none of my business.

If memory serves me correctly, I stated in my previous post that I voted Barrack Obama into office because I strongly supported his intention of passing a Health Care Reform Bill. Yet, is there any shame in saying that I am proud to have been one of the individuals to vote for the first black president? While my primarily reason for initially wanting Obama as president was his stance on Health Care, there is nothing wrong with saying that I believed African-Americans have been denied an oppurtunity at presidency for too long, and, therefore, was elated to see Obama take office.

Nevertheless, once in the White House, Obama started impinging upon United States citizens' Constitutional rights. That is when I decided not to vote for Obama for a second term.

By the way, I am glad, as a minority, that another minority was given the chance to make decisions as president. I speak from the point of view of a Caucasian Hispanic. (We are called "Blanco" in Espanol. Unlike the United States Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor, who continuously fails to recognize that Spanish is an ethnicity, and not a race, I am fully aware of the fact that Hispanics can be of different racial persuasions.)

As I stated in many one of my posts, people ought to be adjudicated by their actions in lieu of their genetic variances.

You accused me of being a "racist redneck," which suggests that I hate others out of ignorance. Let's take the term "redneck" first. This moniker implies that I am stupid. However, in every response to you, I have provided factual information to support my claims. Let's not forget that I have a M.A. Degree in English, too. Individuals who lack intelligence seldom are accepted into advanced degree programs in English. In my fact, my educational training has proven to me what I had already understood years hitherto dedicating my life to academic study: being a certain race, ethnicity, or religion does not make one good or bad. A person's sexual orientation also has no bearing on his or her scruples. What makes a person benevolent or malevolent is his or her actions. Your allegation that I am "racist" disintegrates the moment anyone reads the previous three sentences.

Your main accusations against me have just been successfully refuted.

Take care.


Last edited by QuotidianPerfection on Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:51 am  Post subject: Re: The meaning of life  
Gravitude MVP
User avatar
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2004 7:43 pm
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX 3: Overall: #2
  • SSX 3: Racing: #3
Rank: Gravitude MVP
No pillas mis bromas wey? Maldito gringo boludo!

_________________
Image
Are you a patriot? Then spend 1 hour reading this site.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:27 am  Post subject: Re: The meaning of life  
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:05 pm
Rank: Master
Location: United States
Hi RE Virus:

It seems that this thread is becoming plagued with vitriol.

I will now exit this debate to devote more time to my scholarly pursuits.

Take care.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:23 pm  Post subject: Re: The meaning of life  
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:14 am
Rank: Master
Location: Canada
RE Virus, your entire argument can be summed up by a syllogistic fallacy.
Some A's are B's
Therefore
All A's are B's

What you do is you replace A with Jew, and then replace B with whatever you want (thieving, gangsters, evil, whatever). It's a hasty generalization. From a logically rigorous standpoint, even if it is the case that it's true that All A's are B's, you still can't infer a universal conclusion from an existential premise. It's not possible in any realm of reason. This is Logic 101. You can yell till you are blue in the face, what you want to show is actually logically impossible to prove.

Seriously consider the fact that most of these things you point out are a function of capitalism. People with capital accumulate more capital. It's not a conspiracy, it's the way capitalism works. Open up some Marx and Engels, open up some Alex Callinicos, Zygmunt Bauman, pretty much any anti-capitalist scholar, ever, and they talk about the worlds problems and they certainly don't boil down to the religion that was practiced by desert dwelling people 5000 years ago. If you really cared about changing the way things are in the world, (which I seriously doubt), you should become an activist against institutions like the IMF, the WTO, and the like. Go to pro-Palestinian rallies, attend Israeli Apartheid Week. I certainly do, I care very much about the plight of people in Gaza and in the West Bank. This constant finger pointing doesn't accomplish anything except you get to feel vindicated by our constant negative reactions to your views. I think you just enjoy it so much because... well... I think you simply have a hatred of Jewish people. Denying the Holocaust helps no one, but you sure enjoy to do it. I get the feeling that you enjoy believing you are right, and you really don't care about anything else. Don't you have the slightest bit of skepticism? You do such a good job of being skeptical about the constructed reality maintained by the mainstream media, yet you blindly accept almost any tidbit of information that conforms to your worldview that the world is controlled by some sort of Jewish cabal, a lot of information which is either impossible to conclusively prove or false. Holocaust deniers maintain a constructed version of reality too.

Don't think that you are without ideology. We all have ideology. We will probably always talk past each other because, it's never as easy as boiling things down to facts. As Nietzche says:
"I should say: no, it is precisely facts that do not exist, only interpretations"

_________________
transientb.bandcamp.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:15 pm  Post subject: Re: The meaning of life  
Gravitude MVP
User avatar
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2004 7:43 pm
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX 3: Overall: #2
  • SSX 3: Racing: #3
Rank: Gravitude MVP
The same old again, doyle?

Quote:
Seriously consider the fact that most of these things you point out are a function of capitalism.

Did I ever say otherwise? Seriously consider that you may be misunderstanding (or interpreting based on preconceived notions). Religion and the self-chosen existed before capitalism. Capitalism is usury, usury is Jewish. Jewish traders in Holland and England created the first capitalist economies of the modern nation-state. The chain of trade in history went more or less like this: barter > token > usury (money changers) > mercantilism > capitalism. From usury on, it was Hebrews/Jews that dominated the trade, as the Bible and the Quran prohibit the crime of usury in the strongest possible terms. The rabbis got around the restriction by separating themselves (as God's chosen people) from the Goyim, who could then be seen as less than human, hence the Talmud's prohibition of practicing usury on Jews only.

Quote:
Open up some Marx and Engels, open up some Alex Callinicos, Zygmunt Bauman, pretty much any anti-capitalist scholar, ever, and they talk about the worlds problems and they certainly don't boil down to the religion that was practiced by desert dwelling people 5000 years ago.

As you (should) know, Communism (with the arguable exception of Cuba) has been a disaster every time, resulting in millions of deaths everywhere it has had a hold, so spare me the Jewish Marxist critiques of the (also Jewish) status quo. Maybe you should "open up" some Kevin MacDonald. But of course, you won't find anything to "open up" at your local library. Or any other library or bookstore for that matter.

Quote:
Denying the Holocaust helps no one, but you sure enjoy to do it.

Affirming the Holocaust hurts everyone, and you may even enjoy doing it, not understanding its pernicious effect. "Stopping Hitler" is and remains the number 1 rallying cry in support for war. Saddam was the new Hitler, now it's Ahmadinejad. I've personally heard a clueless Brit -- a great person and a good friend -- justifying the war on Libya by comparing Gaddafi to Hitler.

If Hitler's (alleged, but even then it really wasn't -- 6 million vs 60 million in the whole war) greatest crime is a big lie, which has been proven beyond reasonable doubt, then the #1 war justification is destroyed. The Holohoax is in fact a crime against humanity -- the cruelest hoax ever pulled off.

Quote:
You do such a good job of being skeptical about the constructed reality maintained by the mainstream media, yet you blindly accept almost any tidbit of information that conforms to your worldview that the world is controlled by some sort of Jewish cabal

If you now realize that it's a "constructed reality", why would you take anything from that false reality at face value? Why would you "blindly accept almost any tidbit of information that conforms to your worldview", or to your view of any particular subject (such as the holohoax), knowing that this worldview is a "constructed reality"?

_________________
Image
Are you a patriot? Then spend 1 hour reading this site.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:16 pm  Post subject: Re: The meaning of life  
User avatar
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:39 pm
Rank: Rookie
Location: Northern California
XBL: AfroSoldier94
PSN: AfroSoldier94
There's no predetermined meaning of life, its what we make of it.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:21 am  Post subject: Re: The meaning of life  
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:14 am
Rank: Master
Location: Canada
My view on life may be a tad bit individualistic... but after a bout of depression for an entire summer I realized that questions of what we are supposed to be doing here mainly boil down to what should I do to make life bearable to live. I mean really, all we can really be certain of is our own existence and our own consciousness, and we should do whatever we can to make sure that we are happy within the few inches of space that extends infinitely inward and onward that is our consciousness.

I'm going into my last year of philosophy and all that it has taught me is that life is inherently absurd. Logic systems exist only in vacuums, proving or disproving anything is impossible. Knowledge production from the stand point of epistemologists today seems to be impossible. What that said to me was that I should only devote my life to things that don't pretend to have meaning and have their own value out of interpretation. I.E. art. I devoted an entire summer to trying to make as much music as I could. I really thought the only thing worth doing was making art because at it's core making art is absurd. I was just vehemently against trying to pretend that doing philosophy gave any shape to the ultimately unknowable world.

So during the summer I spent every waking moment making music. I spent way too much time, didn't get outside, alienated myself from others. I didn't realize that making music was what keeps me in check through stressful situations like school, work. When it was my main focus in life, all I could think about was, is this music going to be good enough, am I keeping within the same aesthetic and genre. Around that point I felt myself go deeper and deeper into depression. I started hating everything, I wouldn't listen to music anymore because I felt pangs of jealousy directed at whatever artist made that music and felt a lack of ability as a musician. I was very very close to taking anti-depressants.

Anyway during this depression I really came to the conclusion that life at its core doesn't really have any inherent meaning. Furthermore, the more you focus on that question of meaning, the more depressed you'll get. Just figure out what it is that can help you rise above that question, or I guess at the very least keep your mind off it. It's not ideal because alot of people lead extremely materialistic lives to do that. But I really feel like people who live like that probably aren't happy. But if they are, I guess more power to them. I started running 5 k a day, which basically got rid of the depression on its own, and realized that the root of my depression came from focusing on entirely the wrong things. I was trying to take my passion of music making and turn it into something that could be marketable and packageable, and the pressure and stress made me feel terrible. So instead I'm looking for a day job that I can be happy doing, and make music in my off-time. By being entirely artistically true to myself and not compromising for anyone, and having something else to do that will take my mind off road blocks I come into while making art I'm sure I'll be much happier.

As far as I go, I'm going into my masters in public administration as a launchpad to work in the public sector, because I feel that helping people might help me rise above the question of what it is all about. I know I really don't want to make that much money, because I have lived for about 4 years on next very little money beyond having a habitable apartment and food, and enough money to go and see bands every now and then, and never really felt deprived in any way.

I mean ultimately I will keep music as a hobby. I have plans to release music, but I realize that I have all the time in my life to do it, and perhaps I need all the time in my life to make something worth listening to.

What it all boils down to is that all we really know is that we perceive the world around us through consciousness, so do whatever it is that will make you feel good about your existence. I'm pretty certain that if people manage to do that, and really search what it is that will make them happy people, then alot of problems in the world can be solved. Maybe. Maybe I'm entirely wrong. Just ask the question, "do I really think this will make me feel better about myself or at least happier?" when you are trying to figure out the best plan of attack.

TL;DR We're supposed to do whatever makes you rise above the question of what we are supposed to do. It's kind of an answerless question.

_________________
transientb.bandcamp.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:40 pm  Post subject: Re: The meaning of life  
Gravitude MVP
User avatar
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2004 7:43 pm
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX 3: Overall: #2
  • SSX 3: Racing: #3
Rank: Gravitude MVP
Interesting, Doyle. If philosophy doesn't make you happy, maybe devotion to God is an option. If you have tried that, or don't see western religion as an option, there might still be one avenue left. Have you ever tried any psychedelics?

_________________
Image
Are you a patriot? Then spend 1 hour reading this site.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:26 pm  Post subject: Re: The meaning of life  
User avatar
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:05 pm
Rank: Superstar
Location: England
XBL: Morph Phoenix
gluten wrote:
to teach yourself enough as possible to come as close as you can to making sense of it all

How about you?


Is the question our own personal meaining of life, or an actual meaning of life?

Former - What you said. I like science and understand the very big and the very small.
Latter - Nothing.

Either way I'm content. I am here, I am alive, I shall appreciate my life for as long as it lasts.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:43 pm  Post subject: Re: The meaning of life  
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:05 pm
Rank: Master
Location: United States
Hi Morf:

I believe that, while the secular life is definitely worth appreciating--so long as one behaves ethically--people's ultimate goal in living should be to acquire a perpetual spiritual reward in the hereafter. However, this is just my opinion. I have learned that it is unwise and impolite to push one's religious beliefs on other people. You also bring up a marvelous question in your post: is there a ubiquitous "meaning of life," or are there multiple "meanings of life?"

Take care--I wish you the best of luck in 2012!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next


Jump to:  



Information
Page 7 of 9 [ 219 posts ]  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Show or Hide Information
cron


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group