Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:11 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:47 pm  Post subject: My First Novel  
Hi All:

I self-published my first novel: see https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073Q7RWCN/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499207757&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=battalions+geoff+bandura.

Take care--I'm awfully happy that I was finally happy that my book, Battalions--a book which underwent numerous drafts and edits, and was formatted on Amazon.com by my sister, who was able to navigate through numerous complicated steps in order to upload my fictitious work--is finally on the market! The entire project, from start to finish, took a decade to complete.

Take care, everyone, and May God Bless You!

Best Wishes to All,
QuotidianPerfection

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:49 pm  Post subject: Re: My First Novel  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #2
  • SSX Blur: Overall: #3
PSN: PabloYeti
That's brilliant, well done for moving ahead and getting your work out there.

I've done the same with my books which also took years to get where they are now, so I completely know what you've done to reach where you are.

The hard part is done :cheers I wish you and your book all the best :thumbsup

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:56 pm  Post subject: Re: My First Novel  
Hi Yeti:

Thank you for your kind words! Actually, I'm a far better poet than a novelist, but, in my opinion, it never hurts experimenting with different genres of literature. Even before I began work on my Battalions project, i attempted to write numerous other stories; however, after writing such tales, I was displeased with the lack of profundity in them and also thought the plots were far too predictable. At a certain point time, I asked two questions, and these inquiries jump-started my Battalions project. 1) How would the owner of a struggling wrestling company react if he stumbled upon acrobatic martial artists who might be the keys to revitalize his corporation's economic health? 2) What would be needed to ignite the resurgence? Keeping these two questions in mind, i wrote numerous drafts of Battalions, tweaking it for ten years until I thought that it was ready for publication.

I'm glad, though, that you were able to publish your books as well, and I applaud you for all the effort that you put into your projects, from beginning to completion. I was elated when I discovered that someone bought my book. Although, at this juncture, i have made only thirty-five cents in profit, I can finally claim that 1) I have published a novel and 2) I am a professional writer! I hope that my book fares well in the future, but I leave how much capital I earn from my book up to God. Since you have published multiple books, you are probably far more experienced in the craft of professional writing than I am, and I consider it a privilege for a person who is much more accomplished in the area of book publishing than I am to admit that he or she has faced the same challenges when working through his or her drafts while, simultaneously, wishing me the best success imaginable.

I wish you nothing but the best of luck on your future books and hope that one becomes a literary classic, a bestseller, or, better yet, both the former and the latter!

Take care--keep writing novels and publishing them.

Best Wishes, and May God Bless You!
QuotidianPerfection

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:18 am  Post subject: Re: My First Novel  
Yeti wrote:
That's brilliant, well done for introducing Best Penis Extenders and moving ahead and getting your work out there.

I've done the same with my books which also took years to get where they are now, so I completely know what you've done to reach where you are.

The hard part is done :cheers I wish you and your book all the best :thumbsup

That plot sounds very interesting to me, Quotidian. I may give Battalions a go. How did you come up with the setting? Do you work in the wrestling industry?

Last edited by Wielsen on Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:10 am  Post subject: Re: My First Novel  
SSX 3: Showoff: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX 3: Showoff: #1
Damoms wrote:
*Don't know if this is allowed here but I though I would post it to the largest SSX fan community I knew of!*

yeah dude is really allowed this here and,speaking on that , i will get my own "battalions" and start to polished my inglish skills, since this type of work, will have an high degree of literary difficulty, since QP have an university degree of literature ! :thumbsup :D AWESOME work QP!

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]