Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:44 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:34 pm  Post subject: Re: Obama vs. Hitler  
Gravitude MVP
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX 3: Showoff: #3
Kubi wrote:
Yea...
Too angrily?

Yes, but that's not the main thing. Hitler supposedly killed Poles (both nationalists and Communists) as much as he killed Jews, but the only ones you mentioned are the Jews. When your family are Polish Catholics (and I'd bet had nationalist sentiments).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:34 am  Post subject: Re: Obama vs. Hitler  
PSN: Kubi-ssx
Oh yes.
I thought you didn't like the form I wrote it in. :lol

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:29 pm  Post subject: Re: Obama vs. Hitler  
Hi All:

I would like to comment briefly on this topic. Barrack Obama, unlike Adolf Hitler and his cohorts, is not involved in the attempted genocide of members who the Nazis in the 1930's considered "impure" by Aryan standards. These people includes Jews, Catholics, Gypies, blacks, and various other groups whose only fault was having a different skin tone and / or philosophy than the Nazis. Hence, I do not think comparing Obama--despite what people might think about his ideologies--to a man who unmercifully slaughtered millions is a fair comparison. But, if anyone thinks contrariwise, they are certainly entitled to their beliefs.

As an aside, I respect all people, regardless of color, religion, or personal credos.

Regards,
QuotidianPerfection

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:43 am  Post subject: Re: Obama vs. Hitler  
And I thought you would never join
I'm bracia12345 on youtube. Remember me?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:26 am  Post subject: Re: Obama vs. Hitler  
Hi Kubi:

I never thought I would ever join merqurycity.com, but it finally did.

With regards to the topic at hand, I still think that, if people ever realized the horrors of what went on in the Holocaust, they would never compare Obama to Hitler. Obama, by my admission, is a very flawed individual, but he has not masterminded the killing of people whom he considers genetically unclean.

Good luck with your Metro-City racing scores, and your mathematical investigations.

Regards,
QuotidianPerfection

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:00 pm  Post subject: Re: Obama vs. Hitler  
He wanted to rob other countries and when something went in his way... Bang!
Oh, and thank you.

And instead of putting
Regards,
QuoditianPerfection
At the end, You can set it as your signature so it will add it automatically

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:14 pm  Post subject: Re: Obama vs. Hitler  
Thanks Kubi (aka. Bracia12345),

I will take your advice into consideration. Unfortunately, my expertise is in literature and in history--not in computers. However, you seem to have a firm grasp of technology. By the way, today (January 23) is my birthday. Take care, and good luck on your runs.

By the way, you are quite correct about Hitler--he was an amalgamation of insanity and avarice. Obama may have his foibles, but his shortcomings pales in comparison to "madman Adolf."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:27 pm  Post subject: Re: Obama vs. Hitler  
I turned 35 today (January 23). Today is my favorite day of the year! By the way, one of my gifts was a translation of "Mein Kumpf" (i.e., "My Story). Anyone who reads this book has a good chance of recognizing that comparing Obama to Adolf is rediculous. And yes, as you suggested, part of Hitler's belief in the Aryan race might have just been an avaracious ploy to ascertain an ungodly amount of power and fame (really infamy).

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:54 pm  Post subject: Re: Obama vs. Hitler  
Gravitude MVP
QuotidianPerfection wrote:
my expertise is in literature

rediculous

o_O

and in history

part of Hitler's belief in the Aryan race might have just been an avaracious ploy to ascertain an ungodly amount of power and fame (really infamy)

O_o

not in computers

By the way, today (January 23) is my birthday.
Regards,
QuoditianPerfection

o_o

(But with that said, welcome to the forum. We are in need of intelligent posters to balance the influx of "under-15s" who want to talk about the characters. :heh)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:13 pm  Post subject: Re: Obama vs. Hitler  
Thank you RE Virus. I apologize for my horrendous typing, which makes my spelling appear deficient. I assure you, though, that this is not the case. If I were writing an essay, I would usually check my orthography at least ten to twelve times before handing in the entire project dossier.

Anyhow, I have digressed a bit, and want to get back to the comparisons that individuals tend to make between Obama and Hitler. I have a question for you concerning this issue. Do you think, generally speaking, that the corollaries which people draw between Obama and Hitler are warranted? Or are you of the conviction that, putting minor similarities aside, drawing distinctions between Obama, a egomaniacal president, and Hitler, a dictator who ordered the extermination of millions of so-called "undesirables," is a bit of a stretch? For instance, some individuals will argue that Obama, like Hitler, pressures the media to be ventriloquists for him. Nevertheless, Obama, unlike Hitler, has never threatened to assassinate anyone who speaks openly against him, regardless of how distasteful he may deem his opponents' criticism. (Obama has his "Czars," but they possess a threat to citizen's liberty, not their livelihood. Hitler, by contrast, used members of the Nazi party under his control--who excused their horrendous treatment of humans by claiming that they were following orders--to assassinate German citizens that decried the tactics which he used in his leadership. And this is after, as Georgio Agamben points out, Hitler sought advice from Karl Schmitt on how to suspend the German constitution so that he could create a state of exegency, and gain unlimited power. This threw the entire German sociopolitical environment into a bellicose state, which quickly collapsed into a black hole.)

In essence, what are your thoughts on this matter? I have stated my belief above, but am interested in hearing another viewpoint, irrespective of whether or not it agrees with my own perspective.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:36 am  Post subject: Re: Obama vs. Hitler  
We discussed Mein Kumpf at school.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:03 pm  Post subject: Re: Obama vs. Hitler  
Hi Kobi:

I believe that the Obama geopolitical's circumstances and character are quite different than Adolf Hitler's. Obama is a democratically elected president. Also, at no time before, during, or after his presidency was the American constitution ever suspended. Hitler, on the other, usurped power while the German consitution was not operating. The suspension of German jurisprudence also meant that Hitler was temporarily unbound by German criminal and civil codes which hold individuals accountable for their actions, thereby affording Hitler a glitch in the German political system where he could crown himself dictator of a country. The circumstances highlighted above are another reason why I cringe when people compare Obama to Hitler.

I would also like to point out that my statement in an earlier post that Karl Schmitt helped Adolf Hitler suspend the constitution so that Hitler could ascertain governmental control is erroneous. Karl Schmitt never engages in the preceeding; however, as Italian political theorist Giorgio Agamben points out in his State of Exception, he justifies suspending the German constitution (15).

Agamben, though, does say the following, which supports my assertion that Hitler and Obama are politically disparate:
"It is well known that the last years of the Weimar Republic passed entirely under a regime of the state of exception; IT IS LESS OBVIOUS TO NOTE THAT (emphasis mine) Hitler could probably have not taken power had the country not been under a presidential dictatorship for nearly three years and had parliament been functitioning" (15).

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:09 pm  Post subject: Re: Obama vs. Hitler  
Here are some recommended readings, Kobi. They are quite difficult and boring readings, but they can greatly enhance your understanding of the political background of Mein Kumpf.

Agamben, Giorgio. State of Exception. Trans. Kevin Attell. Chicago: U of Chicago P, 2003.

---. Homo Sacer: Sovereign Power and Bare Life. Trans. Daniel Heller-Roazen. Ed. Werner Hamacher and David E. Wellbery. Stanford: Stanford UP, 1995.

I hope this helps.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:48 pm  Post subject: Re: Obama vs. Hitler  
Gravitude MVP
a egomaniacal president

exegency

Hitler, on the other,

Hitler could probably have not taken power

functitioning

Whohoohoo, gotcha!

Quote:
thereby affording Hitler a glitch in the German political system

I liked how you phrased that. Did you know that "glitch" is a Yiddish word?

Quote:
Here are some recommended readings, Kobi. They are quite difficult and boring readings, but they can greatly enhance your understanding of the political background of Mein Kumpf.

While Kubi seems quite intelligent for his age, bear in mind that he is 11 years old.

On a serious note, I recently read the Murphy translation, which you alluded to, and indeed it makes for an easier read than the older translations. Do you not notice any disparity between Hitler's own words in his autobiography, and the Hitler portrayed by Hollywood and the news media?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:49 am  Post subject: Re: Obama vs. Hitler  
Hi RE Virus,

I am well aware of the fact that the media tries to downplay Obama's shortcoming. It is documented that Obama tries to control the media, and remove news channels which he disagrees with (e.g., FOX News) from the air. However, there the similarities between Obama and Hitler end. First and foremost, while Hitler succeeding many times in finding ways to neutralize his antagonists, Obama's methods to do the aforementioned many times are not effecacious. Point two: Barrack Obama's methods in silencing his opponents, while unscrupulous, never involved bloodshed. While I respect your opinion, I stand by my assertion that comparing Hitler to Obama is a bit of a stretch.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:21 am  Post subject: Re: Obama vs. Hitler  
Now let us discuss the news media and Hollywood, RE Virus. Are you aware that many newcasters fail to do their research? Their method of ascertaining information is through teleprompters. But what if enough sources deem a news event questionable? Of course, many news anchors are lazy--they would rather get paid for reading electronic cue cards than taking initiativce, and launching their own journalistic investigations. As distasteful as I find TV reporting these day, I find Hollywood even more farcical. Many individuals in the culture are capricious, superficial, and follow a pseudo-religion called Scientology, which persuades its member to sue dissidents of Scientology or its founder, L. Ron Hubbard. With that in mind, I seriously doubt that the majority of news stations or members of the Hollywood clique can discuss the topic of comparing Hitler to Obama in an intelligent matter. (I laugh at most of the media's or Hollywood's presentation of topics. I assure you that these individuals do not have the intelligence and sophistication of a George F. Will or James Earl Jones. As an American, I want other countries to note that, yes, the United States possesses its share of erudite individuals.) Kubi can discuss the topic mentioned above in a more intelligent manner than most of the teleprompters readers or Hollywood groupies alluded to above.

By the way, Re Virus, as much as I disagree with some of your opinions, I respect your ability to make well-informed arguments, and present them in a manner which all SSX board members can digest. I did not know, for instance, that the word "glitch" is Yiddish. I will have to go the the OED sometime and trace the etymological roots of the word "glitch." Remember, just because some members of group X or Y behave in a certain way does not mean that all do.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:58 pm  Post subject: Re: Obama vs. Hitler  
Gravitude MVP
I am well aware of the fact that the media tries to downplay Obama's shortcoming. It is documented that Obama tries to control the media, and remove news channels which he disagrees with (e.g., FOX News) from the air.

Where is this documented?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:36 pm  Post subject: Re: Obama vs. Hitler  
Hi RE Virus:

The implication that FOX News is a threat to Obama's administration is articulated here: http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/09/28/obama-says-fox-news-promotes-destructive-viewpoint/. This perspective MIGHT give some the impression that Obama, like Hitler, bullies people into meeting his commands.

I am wondering if you have a copy of Critical Theory Since 1965, Ed. Hazard Adam and Leroy Searle. 2nd ed. Florida: UP of Florida and Florida State UP. 1986. In the excerpt (359-80), theorist Wolfgang Iser discusses gaps, or ambiguous situations in texts where more than one situation is correct. Terry Eagleton, a theorist with Marxist leanings, believe that, whenever such a situation arises, a higher authority should tells explicators how to answer such a dilemma in a "color by number" fashion. Here, Eagleton seems to underestimate the complexity of problem-solving--he things that there ought to be only one solution, when, in reality, a combination of several answers can provide a better solution to a problem.

When applied to Obama and Hitler, both individuals seem to reduce dilemmas which contain multiple answers to one: their own. Both, too, seem intent on pressuring people to think in a certain matter. That being said, I think that Obama's practice of telling people what to eat is substantially less serious than Hitler's practice of FORCING people to perpetrate crimes against people whom he despised, especially Jews and people of a darker skin tone. Put succinctly, Obama's 'I will tell you what to eat' is nowhere near as sinister as Hitler's 'I will tell you what people to hurt and kill.' But,

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:14 pm  Post subject: Re: Obama vs. Hitler  
Gravitude MVP
The implication that FOX News is a threat to Obama's administration is articulated here: http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/09/28/obama-says-fox-news-promotes-destructive-viewpoint/. This perspective MIGHT give some the impression that Obama, like Hitler, bullies people into meeting his commands.

It "MIGHT give some the impression", but you stated that "[i]t is documented that Obama tries to control the media".

Obama is right on that one, but it's not like that means anything. Both Fox News and Obama are puppets on strings, pulled by Rupert Murdoch and Goldman Sachs, or put another way, Rothschild and Rothschild.

You are very confusing... and confused. Why do you repeat the same point, that Obama and Hitler are not comparable, on every post? And why do you cite seemingly random books that don't have much if anything to do with the subjects?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:51 pm  Post subject: Re: Obama vs. Hitler  
Hi RE Virus:

I respectfully disagree with you. Since the topic is Obama vs. Hitler (versus being a term that denotes comparison), I am merely staying on the given topic, and providing information as to why both are dissimilar. I have already given the historical account depiction of both Hitler and Obama, and have argued that Obama, while certainly selfish, is not an inhumane tyrant like Hitler. In addition to this, I have drawn material from Giorgio Agamben's State of Exception to illustrate that the circumstances and characters of the two leaders are too varied to be clumped together. Furthermore, I have applied Iser's and Eagleton's attitude on how to handle ambiguous situations in literary text to real-life political situations. While I found Obama and Hitler to be extremely reductive in their consideration of how to handle complex problems, the crimes of the latter FAR OUTWEIGH that of the former. In essence, I have not been redundant, but, instead, taken different angles to address a single issue.

Please remember that I am tolerant of everyone, and hope that Obama makes wiser choices in the future. I am critical of Obama not because his skin color, but, rather. because his decisions over the last several years have been foolish. I will add that Obama, an African-American, cannot be deemed a Nazi simply because Obama's skin color would automatically make him an enemy of the Nazi party. It is chronicled, for instance, that Hitler refused to shake Jesse Owen's hand when he run the gold medal in track for the United States. I tried to make my delineations more lucid here. If you still dislike my thoughts on this topic, though, that's your opinion, and you're entitled to it.

If O

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:29 pm  Post subject: Re: Obama vs. Hitler  
Gravitude MVP
I don't "dislike your thoughts", but find them redundant and repetitive in the extreme. But also interesting, confusing, and kinda funny. You seem to cut off your posts for some reason (you can click on the "edit" button on the top right of your post to continue writing), which is also

Quote:
It is chronicled, for instance, that Hitler refused to shake Jesse Owen's hand when he run the gold medal in track for the United States.

It is "chronicled", yes, but as with almost all such stories about the mythical Hitler, it's utterly false. In fact, it's completely reversed, as Owens felt honored that Herr Hitler would make it a point to come down to personally shake Owens' hand for his accomplishment; something that would have been unthinkable in America at the time. And no, I'm not going to bother sourcing anything; I'll leave it to you to find out. (I am willing, however, to assist you in technical matters if you request it.)

edit- Hell, even Wikipedia almost admits as much:
"Hitler didn't snub me—it was FDR who snubbed me. The president didn't even send me a telegram." -- Jesse Owens

Since you seem to like books and you are obviously new to the Internet, here is a very good start:

http://www.amazon.com/Racial-Ambivalence-Germanys-Military-Establishment/dp/1934703516/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:04 am  Post subject: Re: Obama vs. Hitler  
Hi RE Virus:

I am cognizant of the fact that there were Black and Asian (especially Japanese) Nazis. However, Nazism functions on the premise of Social Darwinism, where the "stronger race" tries to make members of the "weaker race" extinct. For argument's sake, let us imagine a world where ALL races--White, Black, Red, Yellow, and Asian--belong to the Nazi party. They all hold the fact that their race is the only "true" race, and all other races should be eliminated. What would happen? Immediately all of the five races mentioned above would engage in ethnic cleansing wars. The would also, invariably, run into the following problems. What do we do about members of a mixed race? This would trigger yet another thought: how can we ensure all individuals native to our race are "pure?" Yes, there may have been other races who belonged to the Nazi party, but, in the end, one would inevitably seek to emerge victorious. And such a race would, when it times to institute a "final solution," have a difficult time knowing which members of their race are "polluted" by fascist standards.

Other thoughts--I think emnity existed between Owens and Hitler. However, I believe that there was more animosity between Owens and FDR than Owens and Hitler just because, during the period of segregation, America pretended to be "the land of the free and the home of the brave," but put severe restrictions on African-American rights, while allowing Caucasians the full rights guaranteed under the Constitution.

As for comparisons between Hitler and Obama, Hitler always was faithful to Nazi principles whereas Obama, who listened to the African-American pastor Jeremiah Wright, a racist, "threw him under the bus" when he understood that aligning himself with Wright would fail to get him Caucasian votes.

Thanks for volunteering to help me navigate through technical difficulties. If I have a problem, I will not hesitate to ask for your assistance.

Best Wishes,
QuotidianPerfection

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:13 am  Post subject: Re: Obama vs. Hitler  
RE Virus wrote:
While Kubi seems quite intelligent for his age

Thank you!

Last year we had this topic called "Britain since 1930s" and it was mostly about Hitler, the Nazi party, the blitz and other war stuff.

Oh, and I don't understand a single thing QotitianPerfection has said. :heh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:28 pm  Post subject: Re: Obama vs. Hitler  
Hi Kubi,

One big difference, now that you mention it, between Hitler and Obema is that, while Hitler invaded other countries (e.g., Poland), and coerced them into accepting his philosophies, Obama never exercised such tactics. Some people criticize Obama for bossing other nations around, but he never forces them to accept ideas which for which they express disdain.

By the way, the Blitkreig (i.e., "Lighting War" is really a fascinating historical topic. I wonder if you or RE Virus are interested in discussing it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:26 pm  Post subject: Re: Obama vs. Hitler  
Gravitude MVP
As for comparisons between Hitler and Obama, Hitler always was faithful to Nazi principles whereas Obama, who listened to the African-American pastor Jeremiah Wright, a racist, "threw him under the bus" when he understood that aligning himself with Wright would fail to get him Caucasian votes.

I won't call you out for calling Hitler a racist, since, although he was less racist than the average American of the time, it is true that he initially bought into the standard racial theories of the time. But when you parrot the Zionist-controlled media and call the great Reverend Jeremiah Wright a "racist" (as if that would make him a bad person if it were true), then I will call you out. Maybe YOU are the racist! See? Empty accusations are easy, and that's exactly what the case is.

But don't take my word for it, listen to Rev. Wright in his own words in this powerful sermon (turn your volume way up):

Now you know why the media doesn't like Rev. Wright, and why the media forced Obama to distance himself from him. And Obama, at the "advice" of his puppet-masters Axelrod & Emanuel & Mikva, showed them his expertise in puppetry.

One big difference, now that you mention it, between Hitler and Obema is that, while Hitler invaded other countries (e.g., Poland), and coerced them into accepting his philosophies, Obama never exercised such tactics. Some people criticize Obama for bossing other nations around, but he never forces them to accept ideas which for which they express disdain.

Obama has extended the war in Afghanistan, despite promises to the contrary. That makes him a war criminal. He has approved/signed/ordered the bombing of thousands of innocent civilians in Pakistan and Yemen. That makes him a war criminal. And it doesn't stop there.

But don't take my word, let Cindy Sheehan explain:

Do you still think Obomba's Nobel Peace Price was deserved after seeing the above video?

Hitler's invasion of Poland, on the other hand, while certainly "bossy", is arguably justified in that the territory in dispute was historically German, given to Poland by the arrogant Allies (and yes, many of them were Jews) at the Versailles Conference after WWI. Had Britain not treacherously declared war on Germany and Churchill absolutely refused to make peace with Germany (and perhaps had the Soviets not hesitated in honoring their part of the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact regarding Poland), the situation would have been very different. Hitler wanted to make peace with Britain even long after the RAF had bombed several German cities. One of WWII's few heroes, Rudolf Hess, flew to negotiate peace with Churchill in May 1941, but was instead arrested on arrival.

Now, you talk about Hitler Hitler Hitler evil evil evil on every post, but what can you tell me about, say, the Katyn massacre? Here is the raw, in-your-face, no-bullshit truth with illustrations and video:

By the way, the Blitkreig (i.e., "Lighting War" is really a fascinating historical topic. I wonder if you or RE Virus are interested in discussing it.

Yet another myth you have been sold about the evil Germans! There never was a military strategy called "Blitzkreig" or "Lightning war"; it was a propaganda term invented by the Allied/Jewish media.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 3 of 8 [ 180 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8