Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:50 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:36 pm  Post subject: Hot Item: World Economy  
hey folks

the world economy is a hot item all around the world ^^
here in Belgium the 2 biggest banks had troubles
  • the biggest was just stupid, they bought a bank that was too expensive for them and they made other faults and mistakes
  • thet second largest bank was just the victim of rumors. (eg: some people say: "they are bad" and averybody believes them) Its like saying 1+1=3 ^^ and everybody will believe them.....

what I mean is that nobody trusts anybody ^^
so we all get our money from the bank and but it in a big bag and hide it under our bed
[center]||
\/
[/center]

NO FOLKS just don't do that ^^, that's the BAD reaction... just trust into the bank

and now: just comment :blahblah

Last updated: 2015/01/25 13:38

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:18 am  Post subject:   
I only have to add you are absolutely right. :)

Trusting in your bank IS the best option.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:52 am  Post subject:   
THIS is why the powers that be are getting away with LOOTING ENTIRE COUNTRIES.

You don't have a fucking clue what fractional reserve banking is, do you?

GET AS FAR AWAY FROM THE BANKS AS POSSIBLE. THEY HAVE INTENTIONALLY CAUSED ALL OF THIS TO HAPPEN SO THEY CAN ROB YOU AND ENSLAVE YOU WITH DEBT.

Also see this link: http://www.chrismartenson.com/ Watch the Crash Course. You have a lot of edumacating to do for yourself about our money systems.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:30 pm  Post subject:   
elevation wrote:
THIS is why the powers that be are getting away with LOOTING ENTIRE COUNTRIES.

You don't have a fucking clue what fractional reserve banking is, do you?

GET AS FAR AWAY FROM THE BANKS AS POSSIBLE. THEY HAVE INTENTIONALLY CAUSED ALL OF THIS TO HAPPEN SO THEY CAN ROB YOU AND ENSLAVE YOU WITH DEBT.

nope, no idea what fractional banking is, and im not in debt at all~ so now what? :poke

its a shame we cant all be as smart and cool as u elevation~ :glare

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:31 pm  Post subject:   
Even if you're not in debt, the currency that all your wealth is held in is getting debased. This is really easy to do since it's not backed by anything (like gold or silver).

So you're still fucked.

It doesn't matter if you're a millionaire if it costs $2000 for a loaf of bread.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:36 pm  Post subject:   
you dont make any sense, u just said it was a big deal to go into debt now your saying that it really doesnt matter~

pick one~

tbh you sound like one of these people that thinks its gunna be like Mad Max in 5 years and we will be fighting in the thunder dome over gas and gold coins~ kinda funny~ basically , according to you, we are all fucked no matter what, unless all our money is in gold~ i swear, people like you make these things worse~

ive been banking for 20 years now and the bank hasnt screwed me over yet, in fact its made me money~

anyways~

this crisis will pass in time, so i'm not to overly concerned about it~ i certainly don't buy into all this doomsday shit that's been going around~ hypothetically speaking, even if it happens, then i'll deal with it. end of story~

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:03 pm  Post subject:   
First of all, it is this entire country that is in debt, which means it is ultimately you, the taxpayer, who is responsible. That's what the full faith and credit of the US government really means. So even if you aren't privately in debt, you are publicly. By about $50 trillion.

Second of all, this isn't simple. At all. And I can't explain it to you or anyone else in an easily digestible way. It is an extremely complex issue that takes a lot of active thought on your part. A soundbite just won't do it. This is why you won't hear about this in the media, because there is no solution. It is a problem based on the very foundations of our economy and our money systems.

The hard answer is that you have to educate yourself. You have to go and find out what fractional reserve banking is, and what it means historically. You have to learn the history of the Federal Reserve and the gold standard in this country. Or else you won't have a clue how we got to this point, and you might even think things can go back to the way they were.

What I'm telling you is to not try to package up and simplify what I am telling you, attempting to poke holes in it because you just know that what I say can't be true. You said it yourself that you have no idea what our current banking system means for you, the consumer and taxpayer.

I've provided you with a very good introductory educational resource. One of the main points in the Crash Course, actually, is that the next 20 years will be completely unlike the past 20 years. Which is a very important lesson for you.

The rest is up to you. I can't do it for you.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:24 pm  Post subject:   
elevation wrote:

I've provided you with a very good introductory educational resource. the Crash Course, .

i'll pass on your 'crash course'~

thanx anways~ :rolleyes

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:39 pm  Post subject:   
I'll have to reiterate my first post in this thread, then.

This is why the West is collapsing, and why it HAS to happen. It is inevitable. There is no avoiding it anymore. You are letting it slip out of your grasp and you don't even fucking care. You have absolutely no right to shed a single tear when you find yourself up shit's creek because our economy collapsed into hyperinflationary depression.

Things don't always get better.

You should be ashamed of yourself. You are ignorant, and you are arrogant. But worst of all, you are complacent. You're letting them rape you for all you're worth. And you don't bat an eye.

You don't deserve the lifestyle you lead. And soon, very soon, it will be taken away from you. God is the only one who can save you now. You certainly can't do it yourself (indeed, you are consciously choosing NOT to).

Seriously, I don't know how else to say it, or what to do anymore. You people make me fucking sick.

Denial is an ugly fucking thing.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:53 pm  Post subject:   
elevation wrote:
I'll have to reiterate my first post in this thread, then.

This is why the West is collapsing, and why it HAS to happen. It is inevitable. There is no avoiding it anymore. You are letting it slip out of your grasp and you don't even fucking care. You have absolutely no right to shed a single tear when you find yourself up shit's creek because our economy collapsed into hyperinflationary depression.

Things don't always get better.

You should be ashamed of yourself. You are ignorant, and you are arrogant. But worst of all, you are complacent. You're letting them rape you for all you're worth. And you don't bat an eye.

You don't deserve the lifestyle you lead. And soon, very soon, it will be taken away from you. God is the only one who can save you now. You certainly can't do it yourself (indeed, you are consciously choosing NOT to).

Seriously, I don't know how else to say it, or what to do anymore. You people make me fucking sick.

Denial is an ugly fucking thing.

:heh

i love it, simply because i don't agree with you that means that im apparently ignorant, arrogant, i should be ashamed of myslelf, and that i dont deserve what i have or the lifestyle i lead.

wow, just wow~

you're fucking ridiculous elevation~

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:17 pm  Post subject:   
How can you disagree with me when you can't even understand what I am talking about (you are choosing not to understand because it is easier)? You don't even have the capacity to make the decision.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:25 pm  Post subject:   

whatever u say elevation~

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:29 pm  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Ele, no offense dude, I'm glad you're back. But I would be less inclined to say "whatever" if you didn't post pictures of you and your SO sipping wine at a fine restaurant and basically enjoying the finer things in life. The way you sound here you should be in a bunker somewhere stocking up on grain and gold. Do you flip out to her the way you do to us or is just convenient to play prophet and insult us over the computer?

Seriously dude, if you're gonna call us morons, be a little more even keel about it. :lol

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:59 pm  Post subject:   
Not that ANY of this is of your business,

But, yes, I am making my own preparations for the coming crises. I have managed my money such that I can afford the finer things while still being prepared for what is coming. We both know what challenges the future presents, and we are working for them, in anticipation of them, and as a result, we are not losing money like most Americans are today.

Again, not that any of that was your business.

Now then, the reason I flipped out at Titan was because of his willful ignorance. And THAT is what makes this so fucking maddening for the few of us in the know about what is really going on here. The rest of the country not only doesn't understand, but doesn't want to understand, preferring their delusions, and that is why we are all going to pay for this shit.

Because of your fucking complacency.

The Senate just approved by a 3/4 majority a measure that will allow foreign investors (yes, foreign interests) to loot the US Treasury for well over $700 billion. WHERE THE FUCK IS THE OUTRAGE?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:11 pm  Post subject:   
:heh it's all my fault~

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:30 pm  Post subject:   
Well, if you're planning your money well, good for you - but just because we have our money in banks doesn't make us enemy #1 dude. I guess my point is your anger and vitriol at everyone who posts here on this particular subject has always seemed misplaced and over-the-top, especially when, if the depression comes, it's gonna affect you just as much as it will us. The system is there - you're tied up in it whether you'd like to be or not. Regardless of whether you have your money in banks, you're part of the socieity of the United States, you'll be affected by it simply by virtue that everyone else will be affected by it.

Is the whole situation fucked - yeah, it is. I guess my point is discuss it with a little less personal insults.

FWIW, there was quite a bit of backlash against the 700 billion dollar bailout package, which is why it, in part, failed to pass the house. That won't keep it from being pushed through a second time, this time sweetened with more pork. It's a system-wide problem dude, whether or not I have $1000 in savings isn't gonna make much difference to that big of an issue.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:45 pm  Post subject:   
mmmmmmmmmmm i do love pork~

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:57 pm  Post subject:   
Classic Killa
  • SSX: Showoff: #2
I just got finished doing this for a while on some yahoo chat room, it was really fun. I completely understand your posts now, elevation. Thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:48 am  Post subject:   
SSX: Racing: #1
Clayman
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX: Racing: #1
  • SSX: Overall: #2
Wow, I had no idea how young Titan was.

Thankfully, a large majority of my money is in euros. Thus I, as Ele, remain - the shit. :pimp

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:32 pm  Post subject:   
gondee, if you would educate yourself, as I have recommended, you might understand where all the vitriol comes from. Plus, part of my point is to be over-the-top with this, because, once you get the big picture, and you realize just how ridiculous this crisis is, then maybe you'll realize that it won't just go away, or take care of itself, and you'll be ok if you saved money, but that we are all gonna pay for it out the ass for this.

Fucking hardcore out the ass.

And that's why I'm so pissed off. I'm 21. I'm inheriting this shit.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:49 pm  Post subject:   
:lol Ok, but that doesn't circumvent the fact that we're not responsible for it, so redirect your anger to somewhere other than the people who you're trying to convince.

I understand dude - all is not rosy in Roseland. That doesn't mean you have to be an ass to get your point across.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:51 pm  Post subject:   
You are responsible for it, though. By passively accepting the dialectic erosion of all your civil liberties and responsibilities, by accepting public debts that sell out future generations, by buying all the cheap, poisonous shit from China that used to be manufactured here, by supporting our incredibly wasteful suburban way of life, you have participated in the destruction and selling out of this country.

So, no, I don't think my anger is misdirected, as I am directing it at the average American who has bought into all this shit. It is time to stop this nonsense, and get angry about it.

You think Obama will save you?

You need to understand that part of it, too.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:59 pm  Post subject:   
Dude, you're laying the anger you feel over a trend facilitated by 300 million people onto 10 people here - on an SSX video game forum. Take to the street, get your message out, but you're not gonna spout obscenities and act like an ass here. :no

I've said this before - this prophetic nonsense tone you berate everyone with is not the way to keep your topics from getting locked. Talk with a reasonable tone or don't - but don't means your message won't get spread at all because it will likely lead to warnings and then bannings.

Honestly, this isn't hard. I am inclined to believe your message (anyone with common sense can at least sense the pooch is screwed) but you're not gonna take everyone to task for your personal outrage when most of the people here aren't even old enough to fucking bank at all and most don't have jobs. :rolleyes

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:07 pm  Post subject:   
lol, you're pretty sure you have everybody and everything all figured out don't you elevation~

dont think or act for even a second like you know my financial situation or gondee's, or how we live our lives because you don't~

forgive me if i don't want to take my financial advice from a 21 year old kid who takes acid all the time~

unreal~

im sooooo done with this ridiculous topic and you elevation, good luckl in life pal~

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:08 pm  Post subject:   
You know you're just fooling yourself with your own rhetoric.

Don't assume I've forgotten how small and meaningless a corner of the internet this is. Ultimately, and you know this, I'm just fucking around. I know nothing I say on here could ever change anything. So that's why I just say whatever the fuck I want.

But you're letting that distract you, and now you've tricked yourself.

Well done~

Last edited by Lord Elevation on Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 5 [ 105 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5