Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:53 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:13 pm  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX 3: Showoff: #3
elevation wrote:
I'll have to reiterate my first post in this thread, then.

This is why the West is collapsing, and why it HAS to happen. It is inevitable. There is no avoiding it anymore. You are letting it slip out of your grasp and you don't even fucking care. You have absolutely no right to shed a single tear when you find yourself up shit's creek because our economy collapsed into hyperinflationary depression.

Things don't always get better.

You should be ashamed of yourself. You are ignorant, and you are arrogant. But worst of all, you are complacent. You're letting them rape you for all you're worth. And you don't bat an eye.

You don't deserve the lifestyle you lead. And soon, very soon, it will be taken away from you. God is the only one who can save you now. You certainly can't do it yourself (indeed, you are consciously choosing NOT to).

Seriously, I don't know how else to say it, or what to do anymore. You people make me fucking sick.

Denial is an ugly fucking thing.

Why bother wasting your energy on Joe Clueless McSheep?

If you recall some 2.5 years ago, when I was "awakening", I was arguing with this poor happy soul (Titan) about 9/11. He still hasn't picked up on anything (unlike yourself, for instance, as you also argued against me if you recall), which should demonstrate that he's a lost sheep. Same with gondee and some others here. I could probably "wake them up" if I really tried, but what's the use? We need people who are able to base their conclusions on real facts and science, not on what Tom O'Rather from ABCNNBCBS/FauxNews tells them.

If you look at the big picture of the situation, it's the lower middle-class non-sheeple that need to be educated -- they will be the ones leading the revolution. The middle-class sheeple, the ones who will believe that Iran and the "terrorists" are responsible for the economic collapse, are going to be in the enemy ranks. So IMHO it's best not to try to help those who have no ability to reason (the willfully ignorant sheep).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:45 am  Post subject:   
new: a mojor bank in iceland has gone bankrupt. In some way I don't quite understand, the situation has grown out of control and (please people,don't panic!) they say the whole country is broke?!? :dead Did that ever happened before? :heh

My info could be wrong, though. news+dad=not thrustworthy :china

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:06 pm  Post subject:   
BraveSlash wrote:
new: a mojor bank in iceland has gone bankrupt. In some way I don't quite understand, the situation has grown out of control and (please people,don't panic!) they say the whole country is broke?!? :dead Did that ever happened before? :heh

My info could be wrong, though. news+dad=not thrustworthy :china

Your info is CORRECT ( WOW, did I say that, no way :eek :heh :jawdrop )

I don't know if that ever happened before, anyone ???

Last updated: 2015/01/25 13:38

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:02 pm  Post subject:   
Yes it has happened before. Hyperinflation in Germany after the first world war, and more recently in Zimbabwe.

As I have said before, globalisation has meant that once one major place crashes so will everyone else. The Euro hasn't helped either.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:38 am  Post subject:   
Sajjetta wrote:
Yes it has happened before. Hyperinflation in Germany after the first world war, and more recently in Zimbabwe.

As I have said before, globalisation has meant that once one major place crashes so will everyone else. The Euro hasn't helped either.

all be4 my time ^^

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:33 am  Post subject:   
Do your homework. Zimbabwe is happening right now.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:37 am  Post subject:   
elevation wrote:

why ur so smart :cry, OK ur right
btw this period of economical crashes can't keep on going forever (this is my logical thinking^^)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:39 am  Post subject:   
elevation wrote:

a lot of the third world countries will follow as well. I heard there are counties where you can walk with a big pack of money on your back and stil be poor.

Bennieboj wrote:
Your info is CORRECT ( WOW, did I say that, no way :eek :heh :jawdrop )
I don't know if that ever happened before, anyone ???

I will act like I haven't heard that.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:23 pm  Post subject:   
elevation wrote:

If that was at me then, yes I am aware that Zimbabwe is still happening, and yes I didn't make it very clear in the post.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:24 am  Post subject:   
After reading through the entire thread, I'm still confused. Maybe it's because I'm blonde, maybe it's because, hell, I'm only 18 and I don't understand how the hell banking works despite having a GCSE in Business Studies. IMESHAHO, something tells me that this crisis hasn't really affected Britain yet. But I'm probably blind and before you bite my head off like Ozzy Osbourne did to a bat once........ I just wanna know wtf is going on.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:53 pm  Post subject:   
PSIG, you're already way ahead of most people by admitting that you don't know what is going on. Now, you need to educate yourself. Check out this link: http://www.chrismartenson.com/ and watch the Crash Course. That is your best starting point.

From there, just use Google to research any questions you may have in the material presented (such as looking deeper into the history of the Federal Reserve, or Peak Oil). There is also a lot of good material on that website beyond just the Crash Course.

It takes time and energy, but it is your responsibility to yourself to educate yourself!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:16 pm  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
Hey elevation, do you know if that Crash Course can be found in a one-part video? My browser slows down to ridiculous levels when trying to play those streaming hi-res FLV files. I couldn't find it on Google Video search.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:24 pm  Post subject:   
elevation wrote:
PSIG, you're already way ahead of most people by admitting that you don't know what is going on. Now, you need to educate yourself. Check out this link: http://www.chrismartenson.com/ and watch the Crash Course. That is your best starting point.

From there, just use Google to research any questions you may have in the material presented (such as looking deeper into the history of the Federal Reserve, or Peak Oil). There is also a lot of good material on that website beyond just the Crash Course.

It takes time and energy, but it is your responsibility to yourself to educate yourself!

Cheers dude. Oh, and just call me Psnowy, with a capital P. :P

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:55 am  Post subject:   
PsymonStarkIsGod wrote:
elevation wrote:

Cheers dude. Oh, and just call me Psnowy, with a capital P. :P

why don't u just change ur name ?? :cheers

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:14 pm  Post subject:   
RE Virus wrote:
Hey elevation, do you know if that Crash Course can be found in a one-part video? My browser slows down to ridiculous levels when trying to play those streaming hi-res FLV files. I couldn't find it on Google Video search.

Not that I know of. That sucks your browser can't handle it. It is the absolute best starter course I have ever found, and it is the easiest to digest. It doesn't even bother going into conspiracies, it just shows the fundamental fallacies in the way our system works now.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:47 am  Post subject:   
SSX: Racing: #1
Clayman
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX: Racing: #1
  • SSX: Overall: #2
RE get thee to another computer. You gotta watch the crash course.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:17 pm  Post subject:   
Pictures speak louder than words, sometimes.

And then check this one out:
A CNBC analyst criticized Hank Paulson and the Illuminati's strategies. He actually said 'Illuminati' and no one batted an eye.
http://www.vloggingtheapocalypse.com/vi ... IAL_CRISIS

On Monday, Bernanke announced the creation of the Money Market Investor Funding Facility (MMIFF), which will provide $550 billion in liquidity to U.S. money market investors.

Last week, banks borrowed a record $437 billion per day, topping the previous week's $420 billion per day a week earlier.

http://rense.com/general83/whole.htm wrote:
Brad Setser explains the dollar's surprising reversal in his latest blog-entry: "The dollar's rise since July is part of a reversal in longstanding investment trends that prevailed during years of plentiful borrowing, strong growth and low financial-market volatility. "Essentially, every large trade that built up a head of steam in the go-go years has blown up or is in the process of blowing up," wrote Alan Ruskin, chief international strategist at RBS Greenwich Capital, in a report to clients. "That goes for almost every asset class."(Brad Setsers Blog)

The recent surge in US Treasurys is also misleading, much of it having to do with terrified investors that are dumping their shares in stocks, mutual funds and hedge funds for the perceived safety of US debt. Foreign investors, however, seem to be losing their enthusiasm for Treasurys as America's future continues to darken.

The net foreign purchases of long term securities in August was a mere $14 billion following an even more dismal $8.6 billion in July; not nearly enough to meet $55 billion per month the US needs to balance its consumption of foreign goods. Even worse, the purchases of long-term US securities "went negative" by for foreign private investors (by $8.8 billion) which means that the dollar is being artificially propped up by foreign central banks to avert a disorderly unwinding of the currency.

What we are witnessing, right before our eyes, happening right fucking now, is a total collapse of the global economy. And the way that is playing out is in this kind of crumbling see-saw effect, where one part of the structure starts to dip under all the weight of this debt, so they move the debt to another market, temporarily sending things back up again, and then a new area starts to buckle and convulge under even greater weight, and this process continues, all the way around, crashing the whole goddamn empire down with it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:13 pm  Post subject:   
Bennieboj wrote:

Errrrrrrrrr... no. :D :lol :cheers I'm not gunna bother going off-topic here because if I do, elevation will give me a huge bollocking. :D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:25 pm  Post subject:   
PsymonStarkIsGod wrote:
Bennieboj wrote:

Errrrrrrrrr... no. :D :lol :cheers I'm not gunna bother going off-topic here because if I do, elevation will give me a huge bollocking. :D

What the eff are you doing threadjacketing?

Gondee will change your name if you ask him.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:06 pm  Post subject:   
Lord elevation wrote:
PsymonStarkIsGod wrote:
Bennieboj wrote:

What the eff are you doing threadjacketing?

Gondee will change your name if you ask him.

Threadjacketing....? Don't you mean "going off-topic"? Anywayz, let's get back on topic, shall we? Cuz that's what I try to do best. (And sometimes fail.)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:00 pm  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
Here's a short youtube video that does not leave anyone indifferent:

Why Wont The Bail Out Work? MUST SEE!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9-tBGxVU6o[/youtube]

And here's some satire to relieve yourself from those big scary numbers:

The $3 Trillion Shopping Spree
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgq5suMXCV8[/youtube]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:40 am  Post subject:   
So, what's your plan then?

How are we supposed to react in a manner conducive to making the problem end? I don't see any other choice then to make peace with the fact that we are powerless over the situation and go on with our lives. What are you so afraid of?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:44 pm  Post subject:   
It means you have to boycott the fucking system. While this is nearly impossible to completely achieve, it doesn't mean you have to totally submit to it all. Just do what you can.

Join your local community's food co-op and get fresh, locally produced food delivered to you. Stop supporting mass-produced factory food.

Get solar panels for your home to help with your increasing energy bill. It'll be worth in the long run, I guarantee it!

Take your money out of the banks, and turn it into things of inherent value like precious metals or supplies to support yourself if the grid goes down.

If you work in the financial or marketing industry, kill yourself. If you push papers for a living, get a real job and actually contribute something to society.

Arm yourself to defend against tyranny.

Turn off your television. Cancel your credit card.

Do everything you can to encourage solidarity between people. Don't be afraid to reach out to those in need. The only way we'll make it is if we work together.

How's that work for you, doyle? It's not a matter of not worrying about it and letting things take care of themselves. It's a matter of becoming the change you want to see in the world and forging a new future for yourself and those around you. You are not powerless. In fact, you are the farthest thing from it. Come on, you know that.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:08 pm  Post subject:   
It doesn't even have to be that complicated...

People should stop thinking "The American Dream" is as easy as 1-2-3. Stop getting married at 22, stop having 3-4 kids before you're 30, and your life will be great. Seriously, how much does even 1 kid cost these days? I have a buddy who is 28, just had his 2nd kid, and now he has to take a 2nd job to support his family. Good one... hey, might as well go for a 3rd!!

So stupid.

... that doesn't mean I don't think family is important. But it should mean that you shouldn't have one just because you want one. You should have one ALSO because you can afford to.

PD~

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:33 pm  Post subject:   
I completely agree Elevation, we need to prepare ourselves for a collapse of the system. What I was asking is not how to react to this inevitability, but instead how can we avoid such a collapse. And, it seems like there really isn't an answer to that question.

And it confirms what I have learned from many a spiritual guide. All structures are unstable; all material things must die; it's what 'is'. Being dispassionate does not mean to be ignorant. When (or perhaps if) this collapse happens, I'll do whatever I can to react in that environment. I won't lose too much sleep over it now though.

The collapse of capitalism is something we need to be aware of, but not be so surprised when it does. Capitalism is a social process humans 'created'. Even the value of gold isn't inherent (although you seem to put a lot of faith into it). Most current Marxist scholars have been saying for years that Capitalism is unsustainable and to prepare for its collapse. But they also say that people created the current economy, we can create a new economy. Especially with the interconnectedness of the world due to technology, we should be able to think our way out of this mess we thought ourselves into.

Given we find a new viable energy source to replace oil, perhaps this correction of our economy, (because this is all what the collapse of the derivatives market would be, a correction since only about 10% of the world's money is financed by real commodities) will usher in a new economic processes that hasn't been formulated yet to take the place of the incredibly irresponsible system we have in place. And if that's not the case, the social experiment of civilization ends.

So we can do several things, we can try to blame people like RE Virus and generally alienate and anger those around you. No amount of blame will fix the situation (believe me, even if certain Israeli nationals are turning some of the cogs of the world, it is irrelevant, what Israel might be responsible for doesn't even amount to a hill of beans compared to what will result due to the practice of deregulated capitalism). State intervention, nor Israel, did not create the derivatives market.

We can also attempt to prepare ourselves for this collapse like elevation (and I honestly believe that no amount of preparation will be enough to make you last more than several weeks). But we shouldn't allow ourselves to be in constant fear. What I think is most important is for people to not worry about the future, not worry about losing everything, not worry about death. It is fear that creates divisions between people.

I'll tell you what I'm doing. I'm reading J Krishnamurti, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, learning from people that have spawned a change in my consciousness. When you are able to tap into the 'divine', your problems become meaningless. Enlightenment is the lifting of the veil, seeing through the illusion of your mind-identified egoic-self. The end of fear and suffering. Without this end of fear and suffering, elevation, you are not living, you are simply trying to stay alive.

I am the change I want to see in the world. I want everyone to transcend fear and suffering. I want everyone to tap into this source of eternal contentment. The world would be much better if everyone was simply more conscious. Unless this shift of consciousness happens, humanity is bound to erode, regardless of what action we take. While you may think that my (in)actions are feeding the beast that will destroy us all, it is your own unconsciousness that feeds the beast.

Hopefully this makes things clearer.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 3 of 5 [ 105 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5