Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:40 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:22 pm  Post subject: Re: Alcohol/Tobacco/Weed  
XBL: CurryKingDH
PSN: CurryKingDH
Completely against smoking and against weed and other drugs and i dont crave after alcohol like a lot of people do.

Ive avoided this thread as i often come across as very elitest and arrogant on this subject. I dont want to come across that way but my personal feeling is that i dont need external things to have fun and have a good time like other people do.

Thats me though, and other people are cool to do whatever they want to so that aspect doesnt bother me. Its when people boast about it around me that gets me riled. I dont see why people need to wave fags around, why they need to post pictures of their spliffs or why they have to be the one who has drunk the most.

The reason ive finally decided to post my view in this topic is that ive recently fell out with one of my best friends who goes around trying to be someone who he isnt. He now genuinely feels that he cant have fun without having some sort of substance and that he cant have fun with our group of friends because we dont go out smoking and we dont get completely shit faced on booze every weekend. Dont get me wrong, i go out, i party, i get drunk and i have fun but after the hangover clears i look forward to having fun by other means. So due to this he has completely changed who he is to fit in with other people who are constantly high and off partying. Each to their own but those people are failing college at the moment (or at least not doing as well as they could). So as a friend of course i care for that person who could end up de-railing. Anyway the situation with him now is that we talk when we have to but we dont go out of our way to talk to eachother due to our different views, which sucks but hey what can you do?

So yeah, my main problem with these substances is when people get to the point where they only feel happy or good about themselves when they are under the influence. And when that affects the social group that is where it ticks me off. I get people use them for their own reasons but yeah... im rambling haha.

I hope nothing i have said has offended people (usually i do, but ive tried my best not to slag anything off) but if it has, please understand that it is not a personal attack as everyone is different.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:05 am  Post subject: Re: Alcohol/Tobacco/Weed  
PSN: TaysteChampion
These things happen. It is a suck situation that you lose a friend over it, but as you said "what can you do?" You're doing the right thing. He has changed to fit in with the other people who are constantly high... he has chosen his path, so let him get on with it. I get why you're ticked off, but don't let it bother ya, it will turn out right in the end.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:50 pm  Post subject: Re: Alcohol/Tobacco/Weed  
Thanks for that tayste :)

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:58 am  Post subject: Re: Alcohol/Tobacco/Weed  
PSN: CHROMANAUT_
totally agree with tayste... HOWEVER, i would implore you to remember that just because one specific thing happens to your friend doesn't mean it happens to everyone, and if someone is proud of the fact that they smoke weed, why should they not advertise it? if you're really interested in something and do it often, are you not proud of what you do? it's like telling you to not post pictures of the games you play because there should be other ways to have fun. just because it's a "substance" doesn't necessarily mean it's some bad, immoral, adolescent activity. it CAN be, for sure, but it's not always.

but i feel you when you have a personal experience that puts a bad taste in your mouth. i've had some bad experiences within my family of addiction to painkillers and substances like that, and i don't do them. i think it's dumb to do them, etc. etc., but at the same time it's kind of like, i'm not gonna judge someone based purely on that because i don't know their life story and what they do.

i dono. i guess there's also the obscurity of being "against" something, whatever that means.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:30 am  Post subject: Re: Alcohol/Tobacco/Weed  
Wow, I somehow completely missed your reply Tunes.

I get what you mean about the obscurity of it all, that's why I usually tend to keep my thoughts to myself about it. I didn't really think about how said people may want to advertise it because they are happy with it. I suppose I couldn't really see that point of view at the time because I was seeing a bad experience first hand which lead me to generalising it all.

Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Jump to:  

Information
Page 11 of 11 [ 255 posts ]  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11