Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:06 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:59 am  Post subject:   
The Italy hate is balanced by the italy fans, I live in an 80% italian place, it's crazy. :P

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:24 pm  Post subject:   
o hai gaiz.

Vive España!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:04 pm  Post subject:   
PSN: MistressWiggle
Its a shame that match had to be decided by penalties a real shame I much would have preferred a better match with less fouls and more actual goals. But I cant complain too much I got the result I wanted.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:17 pm  Post subject:   
It was a pretty bad game, though Spain was better in all fields, they deserved to win in the end.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:19 pm  Post subject:   
XBL: tk9077
PSN: tk102
Italy's defense was real solid today, and that's something I'm very impressed with. Their defense has been shaky all through the tournament with the absence of Cannavaro, but today, they did real well and prevented the offensive Spanish team. I'm real proud of Chiellini too. At first, I thought he was useless since he hadn't done much in the past 3 games, but today, man, he took it to a whole new level!!

But you know, it's a loss that I can be most happy with, as I said earlier. Not conceding a single goal and only losing in penalties to Casillas. It's like the epitome of loss minimization.

I still want a Casillas jersey..

And Casillas will lead Spain to win the Euro 2008!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:30 pm  Post subject:   
Casillas made some amazing saves that game.

Italy's defense was pretty tight, but I have noticed they usually play a rather defensive game.

They try to bring the ball out of their zone, then pass it up to 3 forwards to score.

Whereas Spain tried bringing up a lot more players to score, unfortunately, they weren't shooting enough.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:20 am  Post subject:   
The Turkey-Croatia game was fucking crazy, anyone watch that?

I love how everything that's branded "go Sweden!" etc with special blue and yellow designs is now silently being pulled and replaced with standard packaging...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:00 pm  Post subject:   
Yeah, Turkey x Croatia, 120 minutes of bringing the ball up and down, and then a shitty penalty.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:02 pm  Post subject:   
Turkey is so bad, this game is going to be a massacre. But I'm pulling for them.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:34 pm  Post subject:   
gondee's FAQ writer
I am totally rooting for......I have no idea. I like soccer, I do, Im sorry, football....thing is, there is very little coverage of it here where I live, so its tough to ever get into it in the first place.

That said if I was rooting for a team it would be whichever team is the biggest underdog...sounds like greenland, or luxemburg to me lol.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:11 pm  Post subject:   
Oh man. Today was the first day without soccer. I don't know how I can live anymore.. :heh

For the semis, I'm rooting for Turkey and Spain, and Spain to crush Turkey and win it all in the final.

Did you know Turkey has 4 players suspended from bookings, and ~4-5 players injured? If the injured players can't play (1 is ruled out for sure, 2 might be able to make, a 4th not as likely, dunno about the 5th), then Turkey will only have a healthy 14-15 man squad in taking on Germany.. Not good at all..

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:57 am  Post subject:   
Germany, in comparison to Turkey seemed to always be the better team, I don't know if Turkey could have taken them on either way.

laidback0378 wrote:
I am totally rooting for......I have no idea. I like soccer, I do, Im sorry, football....thing is, there is very little coverage of it here where I live, so its tough to ever get into it in the first place.

That said if I was rooting for a team it would be whichever team is the biggest underdog...sounds like greenland, or luxemburg to me lol.

http://en.euro2008.uefa.com/ This is helpful ^^

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:07 pm  Post subject:   
Oh man. I can't believe Turkey lost today. I really thought they had it after they scored the first goal, and once again when they equalized it (somehow, in the abyss).

It was an interesting game. The damn feed kept getting dropped. It was bad when it was 1-1, then the feed dropped, then when it came back on, it was 2-2, and then it dropped again, only to come back up when Germany scored their 3rd goal before dropping again.

Go Casillas and Spain!! Destroy Russia! The game is in Austria, so there can't be no extremely accurate lightning!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:44 am  Post subject:   
Yeah I missed it all until the third goal and it stopped.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:43 pm  Post subject:   
MAC_and_cheese wrote:
o hai gaiz.

Vive España!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:03 pm  Post subject:   
Haha that game was sick! Just shows Russia was a little bit overrated.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:53 pm  Post subject:   
SSX: Showoff: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX: Showoff: #1
PSN: Adru1011
I know I'm a few weeks off from this thread, but I've watched a lot of soccer this month. Crap, Romania was out. :( I watched all Romania matches, and the best one was Italy, despite Mutu's missed PK. I still can't believe Russia beat the Dutch. Italy choked in PK's, and Turkey's finally out of the tournament. Wow, I've watched a lil' too much of soccer. I'll wait for the championship.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:50 pm  Post subject:   
Today was a good game. I was a little worried at first, because I knew Russia had severely changed their strategies since their opener, and it seemed to pay off in the first half, especially with Villa out. But I guess this new strategy wasn't enough to avoid another 3goal loss by Spain..

Casillas barely did anything today. Except speak about ending discrimination. He's the real winner of the match. :D

Spain for the Euro 2008 Champions!!

In Italy news, Donadoni is gone, and Lippi is back. I believe that if we keep the same team we have now, and not lose anyone to injuries or international retirement (Cannavaro..), Italy will have one last real strong run for the championship in South Africa 2010, especially now being managed by the guy who brought them there two years ago.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:44 pm  Post subject:   
There is a god.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:12 pm  Post subject:   
MAC_and_cheese wrote:
MAC_and_cheese wrote:
o hai gaiz.

Vive España!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:55 pm  Post subject:   
PSN: crispncrunchy
well done Spain. Someone told me that the last time they won any silverware was 44 years ago. That's a loooooooong time.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:20 pm  Post subject:   
SSX: Showoff: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX: Showoff: #1
PSN: Adru1011
I'm pretty happy that Spain won against Germany. Well done, especially for 44 years without a silverware. :yes

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:09 pm  Post subject:   
Master Codfish
XBL: bakalhau90
PSN: bakalhau90
Justice 1-0 Germany

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:00 pm  Post subject:   
Haha. I'm really glad Spain won. It was awesome to see Iker Casillas lift that trophy for Spain. It's great that he captained the national team to win it all, while giving an amazing performance himself, only conceding 2 goals in 5 games.

I still think Cannavaro is a better captain though..

At least it kinda looks good for Italy. They lost to the eventual Euro champions, and they only lost because of penalty kicks. Italy probably gave Spain the toughest challenge of the Euro because the game was practically deadlocked the entire way through with such superior defense on both sides. I would say Germany probably was a harder game for them considering that Germany was such an offensive force, and they constantly pressed on with offense.

But, I'm overall satisfied with the outcome. And, it's also cool because Germany lost! Haha.

Man, now there's NO soccer.. I guess I should start following up on the Chicago Fire, until the Confederations Cup next year. That and also, I bought the UEFA Euro 2008 for PS3. May the game live on!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:23 pm  Post subject:   
There'll be some football at the Olympics too, don't forget. The teams look kinda cheesy I guess, but it's better than nothing.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 2 of 3 [ 52 posts ]  1, 2, 3