Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:04 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:55 pm  Post subject: 2008 Euro!  
XBL: tk9077
PSN: tk102
Anyone watching the Euro Cup this year?

I've actually watched a majority of the games thus far, which was risky, considering I had finals all of last week.

But regardless, it's turning out to be a VERY interesting competition. Already, the defending champs (Greece) are eliminated (second team eliminated from the tournament, out of 3 so far..). The World Champs Italy and World Champs runner up France are tied for last in their group, where they must beat each other on Tues to advance, assuming that Romania fails to beat a potential second-string Netherlands team. Czech just self-destructed earlier today, giving up a 2-0 lead in the final minutes.

What more excitement will come next?

My favorite to win everything is Italy. Even with a rocky start, it's still possible. But if Italy fails, I always have Casillas and Spain to cheer for.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:43 am  Post subject:   
Turkey Czech Republic was good with that last 10 minute 3 goal comeback.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:39 am  Post subject:   
He did it for the money.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:28 pm  Post subject:   
PSN: MistressWiggle
Sweden or Germany hopefully.

I would love to see Israel or Russia winning, just for the sheer luls of the sports media in England being even more pissed off than they already are. But that's what you get for having a bunch of overpaid whiners as your country's national football team.

Though as long as France, Spain and Italy don't win I am happy :3

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:52 pm  Post subject:   
If course I'm watching, you can't go anywhere without seeing it. Sweden vs Greece was a great match, I think our team can actually hold up if you look at how we pressured spain in the first half of that match. It's a pity that last goal popped in. Real frustrating.

Considering how good Russia were in the qualifications, the next match will be a tough one. Go Sweden! Go Zlatan and go Henke!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:08 pm  Post subject:   
PSN: Emskinen
I'm only wwatching it cuz Henrik Larsson's in the Sweden team xD

But aye, the first couple days were shit in terms of quality

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:50 am  Post subject:   
flexxx wrote:
If course I'm watching, you can't go anywhere without seeing it. Sweden vs Greece was a great match, I think our team can actually hold up if you look at how we pressured spain in the first half of that match. It's a pity that last goal popped in. Real frustrating.

Considering how good Russia were in the qualifications, the next match will be a tough one. Go Sweden! Go Zlatan and go Henke!!

Ibramovic has been having quite the good euro 2008 so far, hope it keeps up.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:35 pm  Post subject:   
Italy won!! Yeah!!

What a good game. Italy is slowly building itself back up. Their offense was a lot stronger today (even if Toni missed many shots, and France was a man down), and Buffon and the defense did really well today. I hope they're good enough to beat Spain.. Ahhhh..

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:50 am  Post subject:   
PSN: Emskinen
Vivi FF wrote:
Italy won!! Yeah!!
One match many people I know avoided at all costs xD

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:27 am  Post subject:   
So feh, we're out. I listened to the game on the radio while working, and it was't pretty.

Especially since we only needed a tie to advance, it's quite sore that we got beat 2-0 when we played the other matches so good. We never really had a chance against Russia. :( Good bye Euro 2008.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:34 am  Post subject:   
I just like to watch the games because they are fun, although sometimes I go for Portugal, since I'm half Portuguese XD

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:19 pm  Post subject:   
flexxx wrote:
So feh, we're out. I listened to the game on the radio while working, and it was't pretty.

Especially since we only needed a tie to advance, it's quite sore that we got beat 2-0 when we played the other matches so good. We never really had a chance against Russia. :( Good bye Euro 2008.

For once you got further than us and for once we weren't in the same group. Wow.

So Hopefully Germany will win this.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:11 pm  Post subject:   
Man, Germany rocked Portugal in the beginning today. :( I don't know what happened in that game. I was definitely hoping for another late goal by Portugal, not only so that they have a chance on winning, but also because there would be a chance for penalty kicks! No offense NA, but even though they are a really good team, I just don't like Germany.

For tomorrow's game, I think Turkey's luck has run out. Demirel is gone now..

I don't like these major championships because it makes it so hard to find jerseys. During the World Cup and afterwords, I could not find a Cannavaro jersey anywhere. Now, I can't find a Casillas one anywhere. You would think the jerseys of the captains should be more readily available..

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:02 pm  Post subject:   
Yet again i listened to the game on the radio while working. One of my colleagues has a german dad, so whenever Germany scored she went completely nuts and started cheering in front of the customers.

Go Germany!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:19 pm  Post subject:   
Wow. I missed today's game, but it seemed it was a really good game.

Man, I'm disappointed that Croatia lost. They were so organized this year! Ahhhh. It sucks that now Germany or Turkey will make the final, and I don't like either. I'd rather have Portugal and Croatia, but whatever.. I'll just cheer for Turkey in the semis.

Hopefully, Netherlands loses tomorrow. Hehe.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:20 pm  Post subject:   
When will those games finally end?
I want my normal TV back.
i hate football.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:26 pm  Post subject:   
The amazing zombie wrote:
When will those games finally end?
I want my normal TV back.
i hate football.

But soccer is awesome! It's part of our culture!

But I looked into it for you. We're smack dab in the middle of the quarter finals, so there's only 5 games left, 2 quarters, 2 semis, and the final. They are Sat 21st, Sun 22nd, Wed 25th, Thurs 26th, and Sun the 29th at the same time as always 20:45 (swiss time?), or 1.45 Central.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:29 pm  Post subject:   
yeah, ironicly it's a part of our culture..i have no friggin idea why such a barbarian sport still exists nowdays.
i mean, fuck. Soccer is a substitute for gladiator fights on a world scale
IT'S ALL OVER ROME AGAIN!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:57 pm  Post subject:   
Lol @ filip.

Croatia vs. Turkey was a horrible game, No fucking goals for a hundred minutes and then a lame ass penalty shootout.

I was going for Portugal but now I want Spain to beat Italy. I want to see Netherlands and Spain, Spain and Germany, or Netherlands and Germany for finals.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:16 pm  Post subject:   
I just don't think any team deserves to win it more than Germany, they've played a good tournament all their matches have been enjoyable and they have a good side to them.

But honestly the one team I just dont want to win is actually Italy, :/ I can't stand them. They didn't deserve the World cup and they don't deserve the European cup. Hopefully Spain will knock them out tomorrow, Spain have been the better side all around anyways so it will be dissapointing if they don't.

Plus I think a Spain Germany Final would be a very good and exciting final match to watch with the better side, whoever it turns out to be deffinitely taking it.

The last thing I want is the finals to come to Penalties, that, would suck.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:35 pm  Post subject:   
Master Codfish
XBL: bakalhau90
PSN: bakalhau90
No, not Germany, they haven't really been the best team.

After today's royal rape, Russia vs Turkey will be the final match.

You heard it here first folks.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:29 pm  Post subject:   
Haha, Turkey Vs. Russia. Oh God.

HOW DID NETHERLANDS LOSE!? D:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:13 pm  Post subject:   
bakalhau wrote:
Russia vs Turkey will be the final match.

You heard it here first folks.

No! That would be so uninteresting! Ahhh. I really wanted Netherlands to lose, and I can't believe they actually did. I thought it was going to be a slaughter with the way they played against Italy and France, but they did not play as well today, and the Russian defense was real good. Oh well.

Go Italy!! Beat Iker Casillas and the rest of the Spanish team!

The winner of tomorrow's game will win Euro 2008.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:35 pm  Post subject:   
After the Portuguese embarrassment, everyone here's hoping Spain wins. but they basically have the same problems

just as long as Germany or Italy doesn't make it to the finals or win.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:59 pm  Post subject:   
Ahhh, the intensity of tomorrow's game is getting to me. Man, each blow from either team is going to hurt me. I think the only way I can be truly happen with the outcome of the game, is if it goes 0-0, and goes to PKs where the winning team wins because the losing team missed a shot completely.

Any other result will hurt me in some way. How did this happen? But yeah. So much Italy hate.. Well, Go Italy!!!

(At the very worst, I'm expecting a 1-0, 1-1, or 0-0 game..).

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 3 [ 52 posts ]  1, 2, 3