Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:04 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 6:22 am  Post subject: Amusing look at Bible Morality  
Dear Dr. Laura,

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's law. I have learned a great deal from you, and I try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind him that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate. I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the specific laws and how to best follow them.

When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord (Lev. 1:9). The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. How should I deal with this?

I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as it suggests in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev. 15:19-24). The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

Lev. 25:44 states that I may buy slaves from the nations that are around us. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans but not Canadians. Can you clarify?

A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?

I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? - Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev.20:14)

I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

Thank-you.

Last edited by doyle on Tue May 20, 2008 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 10:22 am  Post subject:   
LMAO

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 1:52 pm  Post subject:   
PSN: Emskinen
XD
How the bible does not work in today's soceity.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 6:17 pm  Post subject:   
:dead

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 12:07 pm  Post subject:   
Just take it for what it is. Silly.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 1:22 pm  Post subject:   
It is indeed :)

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:00 pm  Post subject:   
*palmface*

But yeah I had a good chuckle out of it.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:57 pm  Post subject:   
PSN: crispncrunchy
Did Dr. Laura reply?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:15 am  Post subject:   
crispncrunchy wrote:
Did Dr. Laura reply?
Wouldn't mind knowing this one either =)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:24 am  Post subject:   
Quote:
Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

Thank Gawd I don't go to church then! xD

[off-topic]scotskid, are you on The Rasmus International Forum?[/off-topic]

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]