Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:35 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:56 pm  Post subject: Fuck Ayn Rand...  
Honestly, the most naive life philosophy has to be objectivism...

Ayn Rand wrote:
Objectivism holds ... that the proper moral purpose of one's life is the pursuit of one's own happiness or "rational self-interest"; that the only social system consistent with this morality is full respect for individual rights, embodied in pure, consensual laissez-faire capitalism; and that the role of art in human life is to transform abstract knowledge, by selective reproduction of reality, into a physical form—a work of art—that one can comprehend and respond to with the whole of one's consciousness.

Hate may be a product of the ego, but Ayn Rand brings it out of me... bleh. I have a bitter taste in my mouth.

... Discuss

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:43 pm  Post subject:   
PSN: crispncrunchy
"consensual laissez-faire capitalism" ugh belch what's that?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:03 pm  Post subject:   
It's like the freest of free markets, no taxes, no investment in workers, things are valued by how much money they will make vs. how well they will sustain the economy, people are considered things that power the economy vs. humans.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:14 pm  Post subject:   
PSN: crispncrunchy
That is a frightening utopia if ever, are you studying philosophy?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:40 pm  Post subject:   
Ayn Rand also believes it is immoral to help people when you it's not in your own self-interest. She believes the only moral act is one that is an act of pure selfishness.

I see what problem she is trying to fix, dependency leads to dependency, however, it's almost like, if you go for a run and pull a hamstring, it doesn't mean you should never exercise again, it means you should warm up a little more the next time.

Last edited by doyle on Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:21 pm  Post subject:   
doyle wrote:
it's almost like, if you go for a run and pull a hamstring, it doesn't mean you should never exercise again, it means you should stretch a little better the next time.

No, it means you should warm up better next time, not stretch. Stretching before exercising can cause preventable damage.

Ayn Rand's philosophy might make sense if she knew what the fuck she was talking about. Because I don't think she has a clue.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:35 pm  Post subject:   
Duly noted.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:53 am  Post subject: Re: Fuck Ayn Rand...  
Gravitude MVP
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX 3: Showoff: #3
*I will not mention that "Ayn Rand" was a Jewish supremacist and a Soviet agent and that her philosophy of selfishness comes straight out of the Talmud*

*I will not mention that "Ayn Rand" was a Jewish supremacist and a Soviet agent and that her philosophy of selfishness comes straight out of the Talmud*

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:38 pm  Post subject:   
^lol, good job not mentioning that 9 times~

doyle, have you played Bioshock? the Ayn Rand discussions were going on left and right when that game came out~

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:56 pm  Post subject:   
If you can link Ayn Rand's hope for completely uninhibited laissez faire free markets without any intervention from government... to Soviet Russia... the antithesis of free market... I will be sincerely shocked.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:24 am  Post subject:   
Classic Killa
  • SSX: Showoff: #2
Well doyle, now you went and did it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:16 pm  Post subject:   
doyle wrote:
If you can link Ayn Rand's hope for completely uninhibited laissez faire free markets without any intervention from government... to Soviet Russia... the antithesis of free market... I will be sincerely shocked.

But you just did.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:55 pm  Post subject:   
One of the staunchest anti-communists in contemporary history... soviet agent?

I see the beauty in it, in a Manchurian Candidate sort of way... but it just isn't plausible. Unless she was trying to make capitalism look really bad, which she succeeds at fully. I can't see how her self-sabotage is deliberate, however.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:41 pm  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
  • SSX 3: Showoff: #3
Quote:
Unless she was trying to make capitalism look really bad, which she succeeds at fully.

You got it! After the Jewish takeover of Russia in 1917, Lenin and Bronstein ("Trotsky") set up fake anti-Bolshevik organizations. Most Soviet documents on such subversive operations were not recovered, but a well-known one was known as Трест ("The Trust"). Even before the Cold War, Soviets agents were sent to infiltrate and corrupt American society. You wouldn't believe how many Communists (and most of them Jewish) were in FDR's administration. There are communists in the US government to this day. The founders of the "neo-Conservatives" are admitted "former Communists" (and Zionist Jews).

Many researchers have pointed out that Ayn Rand was likely such a secret Soviet agent. Her real name was Alisa Zinov'yevna Rosenbaum. Her father was a Bolshevik who was dishonored for dealing with the Mensheviks. She probably learned a lot from her father. When she came to America, she changed her name to make herself look less Jewish and less Russian. Using the Hegelian dialectic and the problem-reaction-solution paradigm, Rosenbaum managed to infiltrate and influence many anti-Communist organizations in the US. She promoted destructive attitudes, hoping to destroy social cohesion (imitating the Bolsheviks), thus corrupting American society and opening the US to Communist influence.

Americans saw communism as a problem; Rosenbaum was the reaction (or antithesis); and the result is that Communism no longer looks that bad. She fits the profile of a "Trust" agent perfectly. It boils down to one simple concept: controlled opposition.

A good example of a secret Soviet agent posing as a staunch anti-Communist is Samuel Dickstein, the first chairman of the House committee that was the predecessor to the HUAC (House UnAmerican Activities Committee).

Rosenbaum was also a Jewish supremacist, which was probably a motivational force for her subversive activities and ideals. I doubt she wanted the Jews to follow her philosophy. Many of her ideals mimic those of the Talmud. Her philosophy of absolute selfishness is how the Talmud tells Jews to treat Christians.

Here's a video that might give you a better idea of Rosenbaum's subversive ideals than what you have read:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYVsjmj2p3s[/youtube]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:37 pm  Post subject:   
Okie dokie.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ]