Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:59 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:01 pm  Post subject:   
The fundamentals are not strong.

We have a crumbling infrastructure (recently given a grade of D by an independent analyst). http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7137552/

The disparity between rich and poor in our major cities like New York, Atlanta, New Orleans, Washington and Miami is comparable to African cities like Nairobi, Kenya Adibjan and Ivory Coast, while demographically and economically Los Angeles is approaching the levels of a third world city. http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/oc ... ban-growth

Our children are getting terrible educations, much worse than their parents http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27336656/

And worst of all, we are an importer consumer society! We do not produce anything of intrinsic value in this country anymore, just lots and lots of paper. And debt. If you include Social Security and Medicare (which is growing at four times the rate of Social Security) with our national debt (now above $10,000,000,000,000), this country owes over $50,000,000,000,000. Our GDP is roughly $11,000,000,000, and that is a very skewed number (over $2,500,000,000 - we've actually been in recession since 2007) because of people like Michael Boskin, who also skewed our reported inflation rate (more like 11-12% at least), and unemployment rate (which is closer to 15%).

Oil is becoming an increasingly scarce resource. Gone are the days of $30/barrel and $2 gasoline. The price of all of our energy will only continue to get more volatile. It went to $150 and then came down to $60 and people are acting like things are ok now. It'll go to $250 and then come back down again to $100 and people will say things will get better again, and then another price shock.

And without cheap energy, we can't run our globalized suburban consumer society. No longer will we be able to ship thousands of tons of goods across the world, or move thousands of trucks across the crumbling highways of this country. The crash of the real estate market will not be a temporary crunch. It is the end of the suburban project. And meanwhile, it will simply be impossible for the American and the entire global economy to grow. The entire system will convulge and contract painfully, geopolitical tensions will increase, and it will take just the slightest test to really put a chink in the foundations of our civilization.

We have a Baby Boomer class who is entering retirement age, and not only do we not have the money for them because it was already spent, but the generation proceeding them is a significantly smaller workforce. The system needs constant growth in order to maintain itself.

And not only that, but we have a colossal demographics problem on our hands that is a big contributor to the rich/poor disparity, and that is the wave of uneducated, unskilled immigrants that entire this country (and all of Western society, really) every day. They create a growing near-poverty level class that is dragging this whole society down with them.

And everywhere, everywhere in the world, there is an overpopulation crisis that is pushing the capacity of our systems. And we only keep growing at an exponential rate.

I don't know how it will come. It could be an economic crash that will cause panic and social unrest, it could be a military strike (from any side), it could be an overt terrorist attack, a bioterror attack, an epidemic, a large scale natural disaster, or maybe just a simple assassination (I'm lookin at you, Barack). God only knows. Did any of you hear about the Somali pirates capturing Iran's thousand ton dirty bomb?

We are only in the initial birth contractions. Things will get much more painful, and we will collectively come face to face with death, but we will make it through, and we will wake up to a new world.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:48 pm  Post subject:   
Only 2 quick points...

#1) I disagree with the fundamentals being weak. It's the people, not the system.

#2) Gasoline is $2.08 at the Quick Trip next to my place and will most likely be below $2.00 in a couple of days.

PD~

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:14 pm  Post subject:   
SSX: Racing: #1
Clayman
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX: Racing: #1
  • SSX: Overall: #2
Oh god PD~, like the gas price decrease isn't so coincidental with the upcoming elections.

Seriously, there is going to be something huge that's going to happen and we're going to have to start over. We cannot sustain ourselves in any way like this, and we cannot go back.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:17 am  Post subject:   
Gee, I'm happy I live in sweden...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:27 am  Post subject:   
Try this one on:
Quote:
...the economy only grows at a rate of about 20 cents for every dollar of debt taken on. That is, it takes five dollars of debt to generate one new dollar of GDP."

The bad news is that once you reach the "$1 for $1" level you are no longer able to finance growth with debt, and it becomes inevitable that you will begin to finance debt with debt.

That, of course generates no GDP at all but precipitously tightens the spiral.

We crossed that Rubicon roughly around 1968, and you have had this fact concealed from you.

The bankers (including Hank and Ben) all know how to do this math, and they are well-aware that the best they can do at this point is to "Rob every dollar you can while the getting is good, and hope they don't figure it out before you get the cash."

The Truth is that if we reach the point where a dollar of debt has a NEGATIVE impact on GDP The United States monetary system and government will implode. The reason for this is mathematically obvious - each additional dollar of borrowing beyond that point actually contracts GDP instead of growing it; this is, for all intents and purposes, a "black hole". It is that event that has led to the implosion of other monetary systems such as the hyperinflationary implosion of Argentina.

Taken from: http://market-ticker.denninger.net/arch ... g-You.html

This isn't spin, this isn't rhetoric. This is simple, in-your-face mathematics. This is what is happening to America. And we're letting them rob us blind.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:51 am  Post subject:   
PSN: CHROMANAUT_
I live in Utah, and my vote doesn't count for shit, but I'm voting for Obama anyway. Yay for conservative mormons!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:37 am  Post subject:   
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt2yGzHfy7s[/youtube]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:59 pm  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX 3: Showoff: #3
Obama lost without a teleprompter
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omHUsRTYFAU[/youtube]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:19 pm  Post subject:   
I dare you, Barack Obama. I dare you to tax the shit out of big business and then you watch what happens.

You don't fuck with the people who control the money!!

May economic genocide begin...

PD~

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:48 pm  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Thank God.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:44 pm  Post subject:   
PSN: crispncrunchy
PD~ it's the greedy fucks that have been controlling the money that fucked up!

I can tell you that from the other side of the world I am mighty relieved that Obama won, 'cause we've had enuf of the Republican regime.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:49 pm  Post subject:   
PD~ wrote:
You don't fuck with the people who control the money!!

Believe me, there's no one I'd like to fuck with more.

They fuck with you and your fellow brethren on a daily basis. They are milking you dry every day that you let them print more money. Does that comfort you?

ABOLISH THE FED

As for the election, thank God I don't have to listen to John McCain and Sarah Palin speak anymore. What a pair. They have such a gift for so consistently insulting my intelligence. God, McCain's losing speech made me cringe all over. What a disgusting, greasy old douchebag.

So at least Obama can speak at above a fifth grade level. It's just a shame that people seem to believe him.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:06 am  Post subject:   
WOOOOOO OBAMA! This is gonna be sweet. Let's see some change up in this bitch!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:49 am  Post subject:   
  • SSX On Tour: Showoff: #2
XBL: Royank
PSN: Royank
Tokushu wrote:
WOOOOOO OBAMA! This is gonna be sweet. Let's see some change up in this bitch!

I here yeah. Congrats to Obama :cheers

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:41 am  Post subject:   

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:57 am  Post subject:   
Haha, harsh.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:23 pm  Post subject:   
I guess youre the one who screwed up the average for Utah there Tunes...

I stayed up to like 5 in the morning last night, when Obama won Ohio and Florida, and it was really sweeeeeet.... A big thank you to everyone who voted democrat on behalf of the rest of the world.

The TV hosts on swedish tv toasted with champange whenever they announced Obama won a state. :)

Watch his speech today, truly a historic moment! :cheers

Now all we need is Sarkozy, Merkel, Medvedev and Berlusconi out of office, along with this douche whom we're getting rid of in 2010:

To change! :cheers

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:37 pm  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
flexxx wrote:
I guess youre the one who screwed up the average for Utah there Tunes...

I stayed up to like 5 in the morning last night, when Obama won Ohio and Florida, and it was really sweeeeeet.... A big thank you to everyone who voted democrat on behalf of the rest of the world.

The TV hosts on swedish tv toasted with champange whenever they announced Obama won a state. :)

Watch his speech today, truly a historic moment! :cheers

Now all we need is Sarkozy, Merkel, Medvedev and Berlusconi out of office, along with this douche whom we're getting rid of in 2010:

To change! :cheers

:lol That's pretty good. I'm glad other countries enjoyed it as much as I did. Everyone in Portland is in high spirits today, just like they were down in the dumps after Bush won in 04.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:15 pm  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
Maxwell wrote:

Wahahahaha, that's great! You can see where sheople like PD~ belong.

Good thing McMadman and his pack of Zionist advisors didn't make it. However, Obama doesn't start very well...

Obama has appointed as his chief of staff none other than the Israeli Rahm Emanuel, the 4th highest ranking Democrat. He has kept a low profile for many years (despite being very influential in the Clinton years), and he is reported only as having a background in fundraising. His other background, which the media would never mention, is that his father was an Irgun terrorist who killed hundreds of Arabs.

The Irgun Zvai Leumi was a Zionist terrorist organization that is credited with inventing terrorism. Being the first terrorist organization recognized as such (with the term "terrorist"), they carried out the first terrorist bombings and terrorist assassinations. Their biggest terrorist attack was the King David Hotel terrorist bombing in 1946, which killed 91 people, mostly Arabs and British (but also several Jews). Worse yet, the terrorist attack was actually a false flag terrorist attack gone wrong, as the terrorists who planted the bomb were dressed up as Arabs, but were caught by British security forces before they could flee the scene.

Even the World Zionist Congress and the Jewish Agency, two major umbrella organizations aggressively promoting Jewish emigration to Palestine, had to condemn Irgun's terrorist atrocities. The terrorist Irgun was founded by terrorist Vladimir "Ze'ev" Jabotinsky, an anti-Semitic (he hated Arabs and religious Jews) Russian Jew who is revered in Israel as one of the greatest Zionist leaders only second to Theodor Herzl. The terrorist leader of Irgun at the time of the King David Hotel bombing was Menachem Begin, who later became Prime Minister of Israel.

Rahm Emanuel's father was one of the Irgun terrorists under Begin's command, involved in indiscriminate killings of Palestinians and British; though he is not known to have been directly involved in any false flag attack or major bombing.

After the founding of Israel in 1948, the Irgun terrorist leaders were split into various political parties (this was done to simulate a democracy), which over time have merged and dissolved various times, eventually transforming, loosely, into what is today the Likud Party, which is headed by Benjamin Netanyahu (former and probably next Prime Minister of Israel). Netanyahu's terrorist father was terrorist Ze'ev Jabotinsky's personal secretary. The lesser Irgun terrorist soldiers became Israel Defense Forces (IDF) soldiers.

All of this in indisputable fact, as it is admitted by the perpetrators (see Wikipedia for confirmation).

Now, let's try the above with different names...

Obama has appointed as his chief of staff none other than the Saudi Arabian Rami Abdul-Aziz, the 4th highest ranking Democrat. He has kept a low profile for many years (despite being very influential in the Clinton years), and he is reported only as having a background in fundraising. His other background, which the media would never mention, is that his father was an al-Qaeda terrorist who killed hundreds of Jews.

I could go on there, but I think I've made the point.

If you didn't noticed the abuse of the word "terrorist" in the paragraphs above, you have been watching too much TV. If Rahm Emanuel was an Arab or a Muslim, that magic word would be all over him.

To be clear, the point here is not to condemn Rahm Emanuel because of his father, but to illustrate the appaling double-standard by the media. Rahm is an Israel firster, an avid Zionist who cares more about Israel than America, and his father's influence on him is of public interest, and should be a very serious matter of discussion... but it's never going to be publicly known because the media will never talk about it.

Short video (semi-mainstream) explaining the King David Hotel bombing

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7hz83K9-LM[/youtube]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:36 pm  Post subject:   
Actually, if you must know, I did not vote for John McCain. He's a dirty old democrat posing as a republican. It was disgusting. And he didn't lose this election because he was a worse candidate than Obama. He lost because Obama did a great job of linking him to Bush (which really wasn't all that true) and the fact he could die at any moment and no one could tolerate Sarah Palin. If it was Obama versus McCain straight up without running mates and the economy didn't suffer 4 weeks ago, McCain wins.

Hey, did you hear that Obama came out today and said he'll be "forced" to raise taxes on the middle class before he can ever consider cutting them? Also, his camp foresees the housing market to continue to decline through to 2011 and perhaps beyond. He also said we'll probably stay in Iraq until the 2011 deadline the Iraqi government is giving us. He's blaming the Bush administration (of course) that he has to do all of this, but he's already whistling a different tune than his entire campaign (people who didn't see this coming are absolutely oblivious to how things work). It's going to get nasty...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6ikOxi9yYk

...... these are the kinds of people who voted for Obama. So stupid!!!

You're right, change is coming. We'll have never seen anything as bad as what will probably happen. It's really, really scary. John McCain definitely wasn't the answer, but Obama is probably one of the worst candidates to ever run for election, let alone be elected. It'll be fun to watch.

PD~

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:02 pm  Post subject:   
Daaaaaamn. I didn't know this was CNN, cool out dudes! The election's over, IQ's don't matter. Obama is president, DEAL WITH IT!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:48 am  Post subject:   
p0rn Star
PSN: YoshiExcel
Tokushu wrote:
Daaaaaamn. I didn't know this was CNN, cool out dudes! The election's over, IQ's don't matter. Obama is president, DEAL WITH IT!

I dont think anyone here isnt dealing with it, theyre just stating what you should watch for in the next few years.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:50 am  Post subject:   
p0rn Star
PSN: YoshiExcel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D48R_CDjqec

and yes PD~ youre right about the type of people that voted for Obama. i dont think i have to say more...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:42 am  Post subject:   
PD~ wrote:
Actually, if you must know, I did not vote for John McCain. He's a dirty old democrat posing as a republican. It was disgusting. And he didn't lose this election because he was a worse candidate than Obama. He lost because Obama did a great job of linking him to Bush (which really wasn't all that true)

blah blah blah~~~~~~~ :blahblah

Maxwell wrote:

omg thats funny, but sadly its incorrect~

http://www.snopes.com/politics/ballot/stateiq.asp

althought the real numbers arent that far off actually~

McDaniel's Estimated Average IQ Score by State
1. MASSACHUSETTS........................................104.3

2. NEW HAMPSHIRE..........................................104.2

3. NORTH DAKOTA............................................103.8

4. VERMONT....................................................103.8

5. MINNESOTA.................................................103.7

6. MONTANA....................................................103.4

7. MAINE.........................................................103.4

8. IOWA..........................................................103.2

9. CONNECTICUT...............................................103.1

10. WISCONSIN.................................................102.9

11. KANSAS......................................................102.8

12. SOUTH DAKOTA............................................102.8

13. NEW JERSEY................................................102.8

14. WYOMING....................................................102.4

15. NEBRASKA....................................................102.3

16. WASHINGTON................................................101.9

17. VIRGINIA......................................................101.9

18. OHIO...........................................................101.8

19. INDIANA.......................................................101.7

20. COLORADO....................................................101.6

21. PENNSYLVANIA..............................................101.5

22. IDAHO..........................................................101.4

23. OREGON.......................................................101.2

24. UTAH...........................................................101.1

25. MISSOURI......................................................101.0

26. NEW YORK.....................................................100.7

27. MICHIGAN......................................................100.5

28. DELAWARE.....................................................100.4

29. NORTH CAROLINA.............................................100.2

30. TEXAS...........................................................100.0

31. ILLINOIS..........................................................99.9

32. MARYLAND.......................................................99.7

33. RHODE ISLAND..................................................99.5

34. KENTUCKY........................................................99.4

35. OKLAHOMA.......................................................99.3

36. ALASKA............................................................99.0

37. WEST VIRGINIA..................................................98.7

38. SOUTH CAROLINA...............................................98.4

39. FLORIDA...........................................................98.4

40. GEORGIA...........................................................98.0

41. TENNESSEE.......................................................97.7

42. ARKANSAS.........................................................97.5

43. ARIZONA...........................................................97.4

44. NEVADA............................................................96.5

45. ALABAMA...........................................................95.7

46. NEW MEXICO......................................................95.7

47. HAWAII..............................................................95.6

48. CALIFORNIA........................................................95.5

49. LOUISIANA..........................................................95.3

50. MISSISSIPPI........................................................94.2

basically the further south you go the dumber the people get~

with a couple exceptions~

taken from here
http://www.top50states.com/average-iq-score.html

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:28 am  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
PD~ wrote:
Actually, if you must know, I did not vote for John McCain. He's a dirty old democrat posing as a republican. It was disgusting. And he didn't lose this election because he was a worse candidate than Obama. He lost because Obama did a great job of linking him to Bush (which really wasn't all that true) and the fact he could die at any moment and no one could tolerate Sarah Palin. If it was Obama versus McCain straight up without running mates and the economy didn't suffer 4 weeks ago, McCain wins.

No way Americans would be so stupid as to re-elect the Republicans after 8 years of Bush, your wishful thinking notwithstanding.

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6ikOxi9yYk

...... these are the kinds of people who voted for Obama. So stupid!!!

So you take a sample of 4 clueless, apolitical black Americans to represent over 60% of American voters? Of course those 4, and many other, black Americans voted for Obama because he's black and not because they have a clue. But the majority of people voted for him on the false hope that he will bring real "change", while a minority of clued up people voted for him as the "lesser of the evils".

Also, the difference between Obama and McCain would've been greater if all of the clued up people had voted for Obama, as many of them, particularly the most ardent Ron Paul supporters, voted for the 3rd party candidates instead of settling for the "lesser of the evils".

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 6 of 7 [ 164 posts ]  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7