Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:22 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who is gonna be da champ?
Poll ended at Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:03 pm
Colts 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
Bengals 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Broncos 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Giants 21%  21%  [ 3 ]
Patriots 14%  14%  [ 2 ]
Seahawks 29%  29%  [ 4 ]
Jaguars 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Bears 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Steelers 14%  14%  [ 2 ]
Bucs 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
Panthers 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 14
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:27 pm  Post subject:   
NA wrote:
why is the super bowl so important? American football is such a mindless sport, I mean gaelic football ok, football ok, rugby ok, handball ok. But why make such a big deal about an "in country" thing?

The only reason I can think of is because you guys never ge tinto the world cup and there isnt a world cup for American football, can someone please like elaborate?

You believe gaelic football and handball to be better than US football :heh

Oh and stop being such a typical brit.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:35 pm  Post subject:   
the reason is that americans, past maybe highschool, dont really give a fuck about soccer. :no or rugby or handball(lol), or any of that other crap.

football is an american thing. u wouldnt get it. ;P

the only time we care about anything other than baseball, basketball or football, is during the olympics. which we will own in Torrino!! :wink

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:52 pm  Post subject:   
archie, stfu about gaelic football. :heh

I like to watch football because I find it rather entertaining and well, it's more fun when your team wins 3 superbowls in four years. :heh I don't like basketball because it's too back and forth constantly. I really like to watch and play soccer, and I'm sure plenty of you people think I'm a crazy conspiracy theoryist, but I think that the reason why soccer hasn't caught on in america because of 2 45 minute halves, there simply isn't any time for advertisements. When does it cost the most to run an ad? That's right, during the superbowl. And with soccer we really would have only one big ad oppurtunity. Also, another thing is that it is relatively low scoring. People look at that as boring, but really you can have plenty of excitement without many goals. It makes it so much more worth it when your time does get a goal. </wall of text>

Sarah and Joanne are wrong- this stays in here until it's proven.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:54 pm  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Football is a uniquely American sport. Athleticism, hard hits, weird points, brutality, agility, all that is wrapped up in a package that is uniquely American. If I were to pick a sport that represents "America" as a whole, it would definitely be American Football. :yes

The Super Bowl is the single biggest sporting event in America. Nothing else rivals it for a single game. There are other sports "times" in America, like March Madness for college basketball, bowl season for college football, the World Series for pro Baseball and the NBA Finals.

But for single game intensity, nothing in any other sport in America rivals the superbowl.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:59 pm  Post subject:   
Football = Mortal Kombat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:21 pm  Post subject:   
SSX: Racing: #1
Clayman
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX: Racing: #1
  • SSX: Overall: #2
No,

Rugby = Mortal Kombat

It's so much more hardcore, I don't care how muscular (and/or fat) the players of American football are.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:32 pm  Post subject:   
Rugby is really fucking intense. It's like football, except much much tougher, and no pads. I mean any game where players regulary lift each other up to get an advantage, or engage in scrums is intense. And hurling falls close behind it in terms of intensity.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:35 pm  Post subject:   
MESS wrote:
Rugby is really fucking intense. It's like football, except much much tougher, and no pads. I mean any game where players regulary lift each other up to get an advantage, or engage in scrums is intense. And hurling falls close behind it in terms of intensity.

I hate scrums, they always collapse and you end up with your face in the mud. This is when we play in PE, with all the non athletic kids just walking around getting fat.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:38 pm  Post subject:   
The Bucs, only cos I`m from near Tampa. :lol

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:58 pm  Post subject:   
Well, I'll talk to you guys later. I gotta drive down to Mashpee and hang HD for treason. :heh

Archie, that's why I always make sure I push off the other people who make it collapse to stand up. ;P

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:41 pm  Post subject:   
PSN: MistressWiggle
archie wrote:
MESS wrote:

I hate scrums, they always collapse and you end up with your face in the mud. This is when we play in PE, with all the non athletic kids just walking around getting fat.

Archie if thats how you feel then start playing tag rugby.

As for the comments I can understand the point and I have to say what MESS said was probably correct about the advertisements thing. I wasnt trying to be rude just get an answer.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:35 pm  Post subject:   
NA wrote:

Archie if thats how you feel then start playing tag rugby.

Why?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:43 am  Post subject:   
SSX: Racing: #1
Clayman
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX: Racing: #1
  • SSX: Overall: #2
She's telling you to come out of the closet.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:00 am  Post subject:   
The Patriots are totally gonna kick ass

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:28 am  Post subject:   
Football (soccer) rulez!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:31 am  Post subject:   
Tristan wrote:
Football (soccer) rulez!

Are you european?

Out of all the USA sports i most like basketball as it has more continous play compared to other sports...just incase you where wondering.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:30 pm  Post subject:   
archie wrote:
Tristan wrote:
Football (soccer) rulez!

Are you european?

Out of all the USA sports i most like basketball as it has more continous play compared to other sports...just incase you where wondering.

Yep. Middle Europe, Hungary. And I love basketball too since I was a kid.

I don't know much about American Football. The reason I posted was everytime my favourite sport, football, is written as soccer my blood pressure goes up a little bit... :heh
It's understandable since most of you guys are american, I just have to get used to it that's all. :|

NA wrote:
...American football is such a mindless sport...

In almost every sport the rules are pretty simple and the goal itself too(throw, kick or hit the ball where you have to...), so saying something like that is...mindless.

Titan wrote:
the reason is that americans, past maybe highschool, dont really give a fuck about soccer. :no or rugby or handball(lol), or any of that other crap.

It's sad cos in '94 you arrenged the best Football World Cup I've seen (5 so far).

MESS wrote:
Also, another thing is that it is relatively low scoring. People look at that as boring, but really you can have plenty of excitement without many goals.

:yes

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:58 pm  Post subject:   
XBL: VigilantSoren
I don't really follow the NFL that much. Though since I live north of New England i have always been a fan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:36 pm  Post subject:   
booyah.

EDITO: That game was fucking awesome. I mean, there were so many great plays for the pats. Interception for td... and the amazing run down the line for another td. It was a nice game to relax while watching the last half, I'm afraid we won't have that anymore till next season. :heh

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:19 am  Post subject:   
gondee wrote:
Quote:
At the end, you just watched the next 3 super stars that are gonna take over the NFL

You got that right. It was an amazing game. :yes

The only reason I cared at all was because I was so. fucking. sick. of everyone getting on USC's dick and saying they were the best fucking team ever and not saying a goddamn word about Texas.

I'm from Missouri, and I know Big 8 and now Big 12 teams. Texas embarrassed Colorado. Colorado is no team to slouch at. But what did I hear all week from every single douche in the media? Reggie Bush *suck suck suck* USC best team ever (especially those douches at ESPN who compared USC against EVERY SINGLE GOOD TEAM IN HISTORY and didn't even fucking MENTION Texas) *suck suck suck* Leinart *suck suck suck suck suck* Damn, I was just so sick of it! I wanted Texas to win so damn bad just to shut the fucking media up.

And that they did. Damn that feels good. Now I can watch them eat shit and realize that they don't know shit. Damn, I feel like thrusting some more!

Of course, I don't think this game proved who the better team was. I agree they didn't give Texas much credit, but a lot of that has to do with the fact that Texas has been known to be big chokers in recent years. If you really think about it, it took a record-setting performance on the highest of levels just for Texas to beat USC in the last seconds. I mean, VY with 250 and 200... anything less than that and Texas loses. Then there was the touchdown that shouldn't have counted when VY's knee was clearly down before he lateralled it (it's not to say they wouldn't have scored anyway, but maybe they would have only gotten a field goal out of it, you never know). The point is, Texas won in the only game that mattered, but as Lienart said after the game, USC is still probably the better team. Football is so much tougher to judge than the other sports because there's only one game to decide it all. USC had one its worst games of the last 3 years and still probably should have won.

So, congratulations Texas on winning the national championship and going udefeated... you're still not the better team.

PD~

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:30 am  Post subject:   
seahawks r gonna win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i even gave four of my friends 100 to 1 odds since im so confident, but in retrospect, that prob wasn't a good move :heh

ill be glad to accept my $4 tho...

this is so cool: [glow=yellow]:mad :mad[/glow] [glow=red] :evil [/glow] [glow=green] :evil [/glow]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:45 pm  Post subject:   
The NFL sucks CFL all the way

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:34 pm  Post subject:   
gondee's FAQ writer
wow, im the only one that thinks the steelers are gonna win it all? wow.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:28 am  Post subject:   
SSX On Tour: Racing: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 4
  • SSX On Tour: Racing: #1
  • SSX 3: Overall: #2
  • SSX 3: Racing: #3
  • SSX On Tour: Overall: #3
laidback0378 wrote:
wow, im the only one that thinks the steelers are gonna win it all? wow.

Nope, i do too :) 24-7 Damnit i'm gonna get it right one year :dead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:08 am  Post subject:   
Nope. i think they're gonna win too..

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 2 of 4 [ 79 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4