Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:05 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next

Of what religion/faith group do you belong too?
Christianity 49%  49%  [ 61 ]
Judaism 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Islam 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Hinduism 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Buddhism 6%  6%  [ 7 ]
Taoism 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Wiccan/Pagan 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Indigenous 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 41%  41%  [ 51 ]
Total votes : 125
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:59 am  Post subject:   
Have you ever even looked for one? How exactly would you expect it to be so radically different? Why are you making that assumption?

And if all these things people see during these experiences are hallucinations created by the mind's eye, then how exactly do all the things that you normally see differ? Because I know you realize that color, shape, form, and differentiation doesn't exist until the mind creates it, (before that it is only sensation, and before that it is electromagnetic radiation, whatever that is supposed to mean) and only after that do you "see" something.

People don't tend to describe the sensations as non-real or hallucinatory in nature, but rather hyper-real, even more real than their normal waking reality.

You can dismiss what I am saying all you want. But you will never be able to explain the following. I am waiting for this question to be answered by someone:

How can people that are verifiably dead or unconscious wake up knowing information there is absolutely no rational explanation for, like who was present in the operating room, what they were wearing, what tools they used, the color of the pen they have in their coat pocket, which room and bed they are located in, who was outside in the hall, which relative or friend of theirs recently died, when the people at the hospital didn't even know? How on earth can you explain this? Why is this constantly dismissed? Talk to any doctor or nurse who works in ER, and I'm sure they'll tell you a story of an NDE a patient had. This is a real phenomenon. You cannot dismiss this. Science cannot and will not be able to explain this as long as it treats consciousness as some type of accidental result of our self-referencing brains.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:36 pm  Post subject:   
I don't actually know.
I believe ther is a God. That's really about it. He/She is just kinda there

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:38 pm  Post subject:   
Link772 wrote:
He/She is just kinda there

That about sums it up right there.. maybe he/she is cooking something and has forgetten about the world for the last millions of years too.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:21 pm  Post subject:   
Burger Kev wrote:
Link772 wrote:
He/She is just kinda there

That about sums it up right there.. maybe he/she is cooking something and has forgetten about the world for the last millions of years too.

You two are just products of a christian society. You aren't really intersted in a god, you just believe he is there because that's what you've been told your whole lives. If you just freed your minds and started looking at the world as it is, you could understand what things are like.

It's like is someone for my whole life told me the colour blue was green and the colour green was blue. Of course I'd believe it and it would be completely natural to me. If someone then told me it was actually the other way around, that the colour i thought was green was actualy blue and vice versa, of couse I wouldnt believe them, becuase it would be as natural to me as water being wet.

That's what's going on in every religious society, lies are being told as facts form a young age, to the point where it becomes completely natural. Then you get passive individuals who regard their religious dieties as natural things like the sun or the earth.

It's very hard to make people like that change their minds.

From the day I was born, my parents always told me: "Some people believe there's a god, some people belive there isnt. Make up your own mind, everyone has their own opinion." My mother is religious and my grandfather on my dad's side was the minister of a church. He did a lot of good things for a lot of people, but I still made up my own mind from an early age and decided that i see no reason to belive in a god or any kind of force.

Imagine if everyone got a massive memory loss, forgot everything. Then all stupid religions in the world would be gone, just like that! Everything you people believe in, washed away. Of course then completely new, and different religions would take shape, because that's how stupid individuals react when they don't understand something: they make up an explenation for it.

So if your stupid beliefs help you people ge thorugh the day be thinking youre earling a place in some stupid paradise, then fine by me. I don't need threats of burning forever to be a good person in my everyday life!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:30 pm  Post subject:   
Whoa. Pretty deep man.
Though I definetly see where you're coming from, considering my dad is like a super-mega ultra uber Apostolic Pentecostal. Though to be honest, I don't really worry about it too much. World keeps on spinning...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:38 pm  Post subject:   
Link772 wrote:
I don't actually know.
I believe ther is a God. That's really about it. He/She is just kinda there
Deities of no bodily form could not have a sex, could they? Because deities would not need to reproduce :\

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:59 pm  Post subject:   
My dad always refer to God as he, and my mother a mega ultra super feminist, so she's "she" everything. Product of your upbringing no doubt.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:03 pm  Post subject:   
I believe god created people, and then people created G-d.

Thinking there is any "G-d" that is moral, and is anyway understandable and reducible to words on a page is pretty naive.

To be in constant awe of the universe is much more fulfilling than knowing The Truth™.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:36 am  Post subject:   
PSN: Emskinen
I'm an Athiest who was brought by Catholics. Lol

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:11 pm  Post subject:   
That's new.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:56 pm  Post subject:   
PSN: crispncrunchy
Well i'm exactly the same :eek

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:06 pm  Post subject:   
I'm a raised catholic turned... un-catholic.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:49 pm  Post subject:   
PSN: crispncrunchy
But you ain't quite an atheist yet, if I remember some of your other posts.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:20 am  Post subject:   
Burger Kev wrote:
That's new.
Back story:

While my family are not stirct Catholics, my educators until I left school are. I got sick of having the Bible shoved downmy throat every day.
I read it and decided that I didn't believe any of it. Too many condradictions IMHO.
I'm not bashing Christians, I'm just sick of the Bible.
Doesn't help thaat Street Preachers come up to me and my friendson a regular basis because I dress in black when I go out

Which reminds me, is that not hypocritical as Protestant Ministers/Revenerends (Whatever the hell they're called) were black robes?

Just asking

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:58 am  Post subject:   
Classic Killa
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX: Showoff: #2
What does wearing black mean to you?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:47 am  Post subject:   
BlackDth wrote:
What does wearing black mean to you?
Wearing black, to me, means nothing. It doesn't determine anything about me, me beliefs, or my lifestyle.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:56 pm  Post subject:   
So what could possibly be your reason for dressing in black when you go out?

Don't sit there and tell me you don't think about what other people think of you.

Because I think you're a jackass.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:16 pm  Post subject:   
scotskid wrote:
Burger Kev wrote:
That's new.
Back story:

While my family are not stirct Catholics, my educators until I left school are. I got sick of having the Bible shoved downmy throat every day.
I read it and decided that I didn't believe any of it. Too many condradictions IMHO.
I'm not bashing Christians, I'm just sick of the Bible.
Doesn't help thaat Street Preachers come up to me and my friendson a regular basis because I dress in black when I go out

Which reminds me, is that not hypocritical as Protestant Ministers/Revenerends (Whatever the hell they're called) were black robes?

Just asking

I agree about the "Bible" too, so many people in catholic school are tired of this manipulation.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:54 pm  Post subject:   
elevation wrote:
So what could possibly be your reason for dressing in black when you go out?

Don't sit there and tell me you don't think about what other people think of you.

Because I think you're a jackass.

I think the answer to that is quite obvious.
I want to. If other people have a problem with that then what's that to do with me?

Come on, I walk about the street in steel plated boots and a long black coat. Stares are expected. Not that they bother me, you get used to it when you've been getting them your whole life because you've always been a misfit (And no, I haven't always dressed in black, thanks)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:13 pm  Post subject:   
Classic Killa
scotskid wrote:
Wearing black, to me, means nothing. It doesn't determine anything about me, me beliefs, or my lifestyle.

scotskid wrote:
Not that [reactions to black clothes] bother me, you get used to it when you've been getting them your whole life because you've always been a misfit

:???

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:22 pm  Post subject:   
BlackDth wrote:
scotskid wrote:

scotskid wrote:
Not that [reactions to black clothes] bother me, you get used to it when you've been getting them your whole life because you've always been a misfit

:???

Simply put: I'll wear what I like. the only thing that it determines about me is that I wear black. If someone else has a problem with it then it's not my problem.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:21 pm  Post subject:   
Would you be the "emo" type of cloathing person?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:45 pm  Post subject:   
Classic Killa
Yet you associate black clothing with being a misfit.

If you deny the premise of black clothing defining your personality so steadfastly, maybe you should spend some time reevaluating your views on religion (or your rebellion thereto).

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:42 am  Post subject:   
I think you have a lot to reevaluate.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:34 pm  Post subject:   
Z King wrote:
Would you be the "emo" type of cloathing person?
I don't believe inthat kind of stuff to be quite honest. And if I was to class myself, my answer would still be no. It would be more Gothic than anything else (but even at that, Goth isn't a type of person)

[quote="BlackDth"Yet you associate black clothing with being a misfit. [/quote]
No. I, persoanlly, tend not to fit in. I don't associate clothing with anything. My point about black was this:

I walk around dressed as I like to be dressed. A street preacher tell me I'm going to rot in Hell becuase I do so.
Based upon the fact I attended Catholic Primary and Secondary schools, I was quite used to seeing Priests walking in to talk to my class. Not pnce did I see them in the taditional white. They were head to toe in black, with the exception of the collar thing.
If I am going to burn in Hell for what I wear, then should they not too? It just seems a little hypocrritical to me.

My views on religion stand as this: I am open to you following whatever you want to, whether it agrees with my thoughts or not. Just don't stick it down my throat.

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 8 of 14 [ 330 posts ]  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14