Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:09 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Which one to buy?
Xbox 360 70%  70%  [ 14 ]
PSP 30%  30%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 20
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:30 pm  Post subject: PSP or Xbox 360?  
Which one should I buy?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:44 pm  Post subject:   
PSN: Eviltim1700
Although it seems like a horrible comparison, if you want XBox 360 for your next gen console, I'd go with that over PSP, personally.
But if you want portability, then you might want PSP :).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:56 pm  Post subject:   
Mang that's like comparing chocolate syrup and turkey gravy. Dun work.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:13 am  Post subject:   
I mean in terms of which Ill have more fun with.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:06 am  Post subject:   
Duh... get both...

Who wouldn't get both?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:32 am  Post subject:   
I only have 500$

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:18 am  Post subject:   
Well, you have to admit they're pretty different systems...so, it'll boil down to your personal preference. It's not like you're comparing the Xbox and the PS3...both consoles that are hooked up to tv, etc. You're comparing a console with a hand-held...so, depends on how often you'd use the hand-held (and/or/if you use the other features of the PSP)...I personally prioritize with consoles being first, and the hand-held systems to be "cool to have"...but, the decision's up to you! :shrug

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:50 am  Post subject:   
Don't get either.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:32 am  Post subject:   
Depends whether you want the ps3 or not.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:54 am  Post subject:   
I would go with the xbox360.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:57 am  Post subject:   
PSN: RocketCat
xXDoyleXx wrote:
Duh... get both...

Who wouldn't get both?

i woulden't...

the only reason i want the PSP i WipeOut Pure,,, and the Xbox 360 is lame...(come on... HD-DVD? )

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:53 am  Post subject:   
PSN: MistressWiggle
Khalpz wrote:
Don't get either.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:55 am  Post subject:   
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX On Tour: Showoff: #2
XBL: Royank
PSN: Royank
Well i'm a PSP owner and a XBOX 360 hater but i'll make it easy for you. Xbox 360 looks like its not gonna have any good games at launch and if your just gonna buy a XBOX 360 for Halo 3 (which most people are doing) then I would recommend the PSP. When I got the PSP there weren't many good games out there. But it's October and SSX On Tour, Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories, Burnout Legends, and Virtua Tennis are really good games to have on your PSP. And you can listen to mp3's, watch movies, and browse the internet with wifi connection if you have one. Since you say you have $500 the X360 good system will run you about $400 and if you didn't reserve it good luck finding one. While PSP is $250 you can buy a 1gb Memory Stick and have about 1-3 movies on there, and you can buy a couple of movies or games.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:11 pm  Post subject:   
NightCrawler wrote:
xXDoyleXx wrote:
Duh... get both...

Who wouldn't get both?

i woulden't...

the only reason i want the PSP i WipeOut Pure,,, and the Xbox 360 is lame...(come on... HD-DVD? )

HD-DVD is fucking awesome! I saw it for the first time, last month at a convention, and it was insane. I watched the new King Kong trailer, and it blew me away. Personally, I don't want a XBOX 360, but I will definitely buy a HD-DVD player when it comes out.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:18 pm  Post subject:   
SSX: Racing: #1
Clayman
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX: Racing: #1
  • SSX: Overall: #2
Xbox360 cannot play HD-DVD format.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:41 pm  Post subject:   
it depends if you are buying ps3 or not

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:33 pm  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
royank wrote:
Since you say you have $500 the X360 good system will run you about $400 and if you didn't reserve it good luck finding one.

Stores like Best Buy and Circuit City aren't taking pre-orders so it is first come first serve..

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:08 am  Post subject:   
alpmaster wrote:
Xbox360 cannot play HD-DVD format.

correct, i think they said production costs would be too high.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:50 am  Post subject:   
royank wrote:
Well i'm a PSP owner and a XBOX 360 hater but i'll make it easy for you. Xbox 360 looks like its not gonna have any good games at launch and if your just gonna buy a XBOX 360 for Halo 3 (which most people are doing) then I would recommend the PSP. When I got the PSP there weren't many good games out there. But it's October and SSX On Tour, Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories, Burnout Legends, and Virtua Tennis are really good games to have on your PSP. And you can listen to mp3's, watch movies, and browse the internet with wifi connection if you have one. Since you say you have $500 the X360 good system will run you about $400 and if you didn't reserve it good luck finding one. While PSP is $250 you can buy a 1gb Memory Stick and have about 1-3 movies on there, and you can buy a couple of movies or games.

contradictions

1) "Xbox 360 looks like its not gonna have any good games at launch"
"When I got the PSP there weren't many good games out there"

"But it's October and SSX On Tour, Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories, Burnout Legends, and Virtua Tennis are really good games to have on your PSP"

that means there WILL be good games on the 360 after launch since there werent many for psp when it first came out too.. its always like that

also xbox is having a ton of good games out like (not only halo 3) but burnout revenge 360 version.. top spin 2.. project gotham racing 3.. and many others too.. and on top of that it is backwards compatible for most original xbox games
what was said is not credible as he is a confessed xbox hater (me a game lover that happens to have an xbox though having no bad feelings to the ps whatsoever) would most likely not know anything about the games released as there is no interest at all and only cares about ps and/or nintendo..

2) "And you can listen to mp3's, watch movies, and browse the internet with wifi connection if you have one"

something the xbox360 can do as well.. so its either better size.. or on the go entertainment.. up to you

but for the 360.. you dont have to convert files to put them onto the console.. you can transfer straigt in from cd/camera or mp3 player.. though not that big of a deal.. it still is abit more handy..

3) just as a side note.. as i have stated.. i am not a ps hater and infact.. woul like to get a psp for myself.. but would rather just get games for a bigger console.. and also buy an xbox360 and/or ps3 when they come out..

and if you want to relate back to what was said about getting a console for only one game.. i only want ps3 for final fantasy and metal gear solid.. so why not just get a 360..

i am sick and tired of all this fighting about which console is better blah blah blah.. hate this hate that.. etc etc.. yeah yeah..

~to each his own~

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:43 am  Post subject:   
If you do get a 360, dont get the cheap base system. The extra $100 dollors pays for its self the second you buy it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:23 pm  Post subject:   
Yeah, get the XBox 360 premium package. It's a better investmant IMO, than getting a PSP.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 21 posts ]