Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:41 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page 1, 2  Next

Did you watch Live 8?
Yes and now i'm pissed that we let this shit go on 18%  18%  [ 3 ]
No and i'm pissed that I missed it 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
No and I don't really give a shit 76%  76%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 17
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:27 pm  Post subject: Live 8  
Did you watch Live 8? Did you like it?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:09 pm  Post subject:   
Fuck that Live 8 shit. There was supposed to be a Spice Girls reunion for it, but it got canceled because Mel B is doing an American sitcom or some shit like that and couldn't do the concert and someone said their music "Didn't fit the cause" or something like that. Like her acting career will get anywhere...

So no, I did not watch it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:35 pm  Post subject:   
Surprise Celebrity Panelist
Really? A Spice Girls Reunion? Wow. That sucks. I was gonna see Mel B. in Rent last year but her understudy performed instead. She just keeps screwing us over, doesn't she?

Oh, and... Lexi, why are you so awesome?

Well, Live 8 is for a good cause, but I couldn't really sit through a lot. I saw Shakira singing in Paris and Jay-Z and Linkin Park in Philly. Pretty meh. The best moment was definitely when the correspondent asked an audience member what they thought of Jay-Z and Linkin Park and he responded "They are two very talented people."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:56 am  Post subject:   
PSN: RocketCat
LEXI wrote:
Fuck that Live 8 shit. There was supposed to be a Spice Girls reunion for it, but it got canceled because Mel B is doing an American sitcom or some shit like that and couldn't do the concert and someone said their music "Didn't fit the cause" or something like that. Like her acting career will get anywhere...

So no, I did not watch it.

:china

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:53 am  Post subject:   
i watched it...the barrie show sucked ass compared to the other shows. the best one was London IMO (i watched this "greatest hits" thing on CTV)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:10 am  Post subject:   
XBL: tk9077
PSN: tk102
It was on, but someone was playing like a really old-sounding song, so I thought it was like an old music concert so I switched to some cartoons.

Man am I slow.. :heh

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:12 am  Post subject:   
They're not going to influence anything at the G8 summit, but they did reunite Pink Floyd. And that's more than I could ever ask for.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:43 am  Post subject:   
i know pink floyd was awesome

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:47 am  Post subject:   
I watched a bit of it, I liked REM's performance

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:44 pm  Post subject:   
XBL: VigilantSoren
i saw a bit of it. the Barrie one sucked except for the bare naked ladies (band)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:18 pm  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Live 8 was great as a concert series, really fucking stupid as an idea. We'll see just how many of these kids use their "newfound awareness" to do anything at all about Africa.

"Mariah Carey sung her new song! I'm gonna go volunteer in Zimbabwe!" :rolleyes

Did concert goers have to pay admission? If so, and they didn't donate any portion of that money to Africa themselves, then the whole thing is a load of horseshit. :glare

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:03 pm  Post subject:   
PSN: Rynostar
Unicycler wrote:
i saw a bit of it. the Barrie one sucked except for the bare naked ladies (band)

That's cause the guy's at CTV don't know how to produce a show worth sh*t. I thought that just the fact that they allowed Tom Green into the gig was bad enough. I only watched a couple minutes......kinda liked the JayZ/likn park thing (evn though I hate Linkin Park)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:05 pm  Post subject:   
I MISSED IT.. i SO wanted to watch it but singapore isnt on the performance list and my tv doesnt have it unless you subscribe to cable.. WAAAA.. but i did go to the website and put my name down..

EVERYONE SHOULD TOO!!!
SIGN HERE

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:15 am  Post subject:   
PSN: Rynostar
Quote:
Did concert goers have to pay admission?

Nope. well at least in Barrie (canada). You just had to answer a skill testing question. I don't remeber what it was but it was along the lines of what has to be done to eliminate poverty in africa. they gave you 3 choices and then a forth of all of the above (guess which was the answer?). The Barrie gig sold out in about 20 minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:30 am  Post subject:   
Rynostar wrote:
Quote:
Did concert goers have to pay admission?

Nope. well at least in Barrie (canada). You just had to answer a skill testing question. I don't remeber what it was but it was along the lines of what has to be done to eliminate poverty in africa. they gave you 3 choices and then a forth of all of the above (guess which was the answer?).

So, uh, Ryno, you gonna go drop what you're doing and go volunteer in Africa now? :poke :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:55 am  Post subject:   
The worst part IMO was when the hosts said something about rex murphy from the globe and mail and how he said it was going to be a concert full of rich white people who dont care, and then the crowd boos (the crowd was all white lmao)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:52 pm  Post subject:   
Devil wrote:
The worst part IMO was when the hosts said something about rex murphy from the globe and mail and how he said it was going to be a concert full of rich white people who dont care, and then the crowd boos (the crowd was all white lmao)

this sounds as ironic as the olympic deciding IOC meeting thing thats in singapore..

they have it in singapore to promote singaporean culture and attract tourists.. BUT..
they bring them to eat at an italian restaurant with flown in italian chefs to cook italian food for italians.. THAT IS SOO DUMB..
you would think they would be throwing char siew noodles and roasted duck at their faces with birds nest soup and abalone and laksa and chicken rice.. not pasta..

:heh i just dont get it..

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:08 pm  Post subject:   
I think im gonna sell my house and go live in Africa to help all the people sleeping around with no protection.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:30 pm  Post subject:   
gondee wrote:
Live 8 was great as a concert series, really fucking stupid as an idea. We'll see just how many of these kids use their "newfound awareness" to do anything at all about Africa.

"Mariah Carey sung her new song! I'm gonna go volunteer in Zimbabwe!" :rolleyes

Did concert goers have to pay admission? If so, and they didn't donate any portion of that money to Africa themselves, then the whole thing is a load of horseshit. :glare

gondee you don't get it. How democratic politics work is if you get 100,000 people to protest something outside of parlement that has been over looked. Then they are going to do something. If you don't then politians will never do anything. They have to at least look at the problem. This was the easiest way possible to make hundreds of thousands of people say that this is what the people want. In theory "what the people want" is what the polititians kind of have to do. (or at least around election time)(which would have been a better time to do this)

I am not completely for this though, I will admit. Because everyone believes that helping give countries in Africa money will make all the bad things go away. Money won't help those in Darfur, as much as others things could.

Plus I think the concerts were free.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:45 pm  Post subject:   
I'm gonna quote Best Week Ever, because they summed it up best.

"Days after millions of people tuned into networks, people are still buzzing about Live 8. The concert did what it set out to do: raise awareness...that Coldplay and Madonna are AWESOME!! Oh yeah, and there are starving people in Africa too.

But please, if you can't spare all your awareness, a little will do. In fact, a "Meh", is all we ask for."

:heh :heh :heh

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:35 pm  Post subject:   
:heh :heh that Best Week Ever was HILARIOUS!

"Plus, the Supreme Court went on vacation this week, and totally forgot to do anything bad for gays!"

lmao

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:43 pm  Post subject:   
What is this "Best Week Ever" you all speak of?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:49 pm  Post subject:   
Best Week Ever is show on VH1:

http://bestweekever.vh1.com/

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:50 pm  Post subject:   
Haha, I was joking. It's like... my religion. You got PUNK'D.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:20 pm  Post subject:   
Yeah, I'm really glad Bono finally convinced half the world that poverty can be erased. Just another moron preaching to impressionable idiot teenagers, using crappy music as a launchpad for publicity and a political career so someday the kids that licked up his crap like antifreeze at a petting zoo will still be following him. Not really a new idea. Just an adaptation of the word of one Jello Biafra of the Dead Kennedy's. He did the same thing, preach politics to the kids of that time, and once those kids grew up, he started making spoken word albums, hoping to rope them into voting for who? Ralph Nader. It doesn't work. You didn't know who Jello Biafra was when I said his name? Expect the same for Bono in twenty-five years.

EDIT: Pink Floyd has always kicked ass.

Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  1, 2