Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:15 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Who will release new console first
Sony 39%  39%  [ 13 ]
Nintendo 12%  12%  [ 4 ]
Microsoft 48%  48%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 33
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:23 pm  Post subject:   
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
just think about how people abuse controllers now...you would go through a controller a month or more....i hear the ds's touch screen gets scratched very easily...there's really no fun in controlling eveyr game with a touch screen unless it's one of those mega-touch touch screen games you find in an arcade, those rock!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:20 am  Post subject:   
gondee's FAQ writer
Shacknasty_Jim wrote:
Does anyone remember Twisted Metal? I think it was for the PSone...best game ever...

yeah, there was about 6 of 'em. :heh

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:27 am  Post subject:   
gondee's FAQ writer
sorry for yet another double post, but for anyone unfamilar with the current and forthcoming format wars, I came accross an article that sums it up excellently.

http://www.macworld.com/news/2005/03/18/bluray/index.php

After taking a gander at that, you couldn't tell me you wouldn't be concerned about nintendo staying with the mini-disc format for the revolution and MS going with either a standard DVD or HD-DVD format for their xbox 2.

That really is the crux of the matter for me. Based on this choice, two of the three hardware gaming companies are going to be obsolete on the console side of things two to three years from now. :(

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:13 am  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
It has been rumored for a while that Apple was going to go Blu-Ray.. It is obvious that HD is in their key presentation because of their new apps like iMovie HD and Motion, Quicktime H.264, which is the first HD movie player..

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:05 pm  Post subject:   
gondee's FAQ writer
MrChaos wrote:
It has been rumored for a while that Apple was going to go Blu-Ray.. It is obvious that HD is in their key presentation because of their new apps like iMovie HD and Motion, Quicktime H.264, which is the first HD movie player..

yeah, definitely. Steve Jobs said at the last convention that 2005 is the year of High Definition. Heck, apple is supporting Final Cut Pro HD too. I am not worried about apple in any way, I posted that to help make my point about MS and Nintendo's ignorant choices when it comes to next gen formats.

At least now I understand why MS has been pushing like crazy to get a console out first -- it won't have the life of a ps3 (instead about half) if they both released at the same time. Thats because of the format MS chooses, and its viablility not being the same as blu-ray. If they could have gotten xbox 360 out say, a year ahead of time, then their next system would be alot more advertising than it apparently will be. :shrug

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:40 pm  Post subject:   
I think we all already know that microsofts xbox360 will be coming out before any other console.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Jump to:  

Information
Page 3 of 3 [ 56 posts ]  1, 2, 3