Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:24 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Who do you want to win?
Kerry 54%  54%  [ 26 ]
Bush 46%  46%  [ 22 ]
Total votes : 48
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:21 am  Post subject:   
Sorry about that...in my ranting I wasn't bright enough to stop and clarify that part. Do NOT vote for Kerry.

The point of that post was to not vote for Hillary though :dead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:36 am  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
vote for Kerry :P :D

SSX3 Online Name = Xeleration

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:39 am  Post subject:   
nad416 wrote:
vote for Kerry :P :D

Too true I agree with you big time nad :cheers

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:40 pm  Post subject:   
MiggityMike420 wrote:
:gameboy :gameboy
No matter the proposal, it's all bullshit. By the by, if you've read Hilary Clinton's new book (forget the name), you would read that she actually wants Kerry to win. If Bush gets another four years, that would mean two new candidates running for office (Bush/Gore). She wants the democratic nomination, so she can face a new republican. If Kerry wins, his chances of going 8 years are pretty good. Therefore, she wants to be president in 4 years, not 8...the bitch.
Do NOT vote for this slime, please.
:gameboy :gameboy

Sorry to correct you, but I think you meant that Hilary would want Bush to win, not Kerry. If Kerry wins, he's automatically the incumbant 4 years from now. If Bush wins, Hilary can run in 2008. I really don't believe it's conicidence that Bill's book stole the thunder of Kerry. The Clinton's want Bush to win so badly they can't stand it, but only for selfish reasons, not because they actually like Bush. I'll tell you this, if Bush wins (and he will), Condaleezza Rice will step up to match Hilary if Hilary happens to make it through the primaries. Although it makes no difference to me the gender, I truely don't believe it's a woman's time in office quite yet. I give it another 12-20 years.

PD~

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:59 pm  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
sure Bush will win, Just like he is winning in the poll :yes

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:59 pm  Post subject:   
He's been losing smarts
:???

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:59 pm  Post subject:   
Poll? err...there's been thousands. BTW, your right, I did mean she wants Bush to win...sorry about that typo. Lastly, they're going to release Osama to the press in October, I guarantee it. Bush knows this is going to get him the win, and he's going to give the americans their jerk-off come october.
Vote Bush :pimp

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:17 pm  Post subject:   
i think people like nad and witch king and give me ice have no own opinion
they just like bush or kerry because of there mom of dad like them.

and people like pd, mr marcus, elevation, ebt, cba have facts and stuff they have there own opinion and it´s some interesting stuff to read.
but i´m mad after every post of witch king :mad

edit: and nad i just read some of your post in this topic maybe you have a few facts or opinion´s but most of it is kerry is the best

Last edited by michael-007 on Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:28 pm  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
I had facts :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:57 pm  Post subject:   
The democratic convention has been on for the last 2 days now and the ratings are extremely low. In other words, no one wants to hear their lies. Of course, the republican convention won't be rated high either, but that's because we already have office.

It was reported yesterday that Bush's "consumer confidence" (or in other words, his approval rating) is the highest it's been in 2 years and is steadily increasing. Sounds like good news to me.

Also, my dad told me this today (he's 100x the political mind that I am). He said that all the democrats that have been complaining about never finding WMDs aren't paying attention to the facts. It's been documented (although I haven't seen them yet, I'll search later) that we found enough chemical weapons in Iraq that would kill over 500,000 people. If that's not potential mass destruction, then what the fuck is? Bush will probably use this for his debates when Kerry tries to attack him about pre-emptive strikes on Iraq.

The great thing about all of this is Bush may win by more than 10% of the vote, which would be enourmously high for this day and age. Plus, it doesn't help Kerry that Nader will take votes away from him. This has been a good day. I love the democratic convention and watching these guys shoot themselves right in the foot. It's all but over now even though I never had doubts anyway.

PD~

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:29 am  Post subject:   
SSX: Racing: #1
Clayman
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX: Racing: #1
  • SSX: Overall: #2
MiggityMike420 wrote:
Bush is the only one with the balls in Washington. If we had Clinton's way, we would just happily fire Tomahawk's at the little Iraqis and watch them run away, only to come back at us 400% the next month. Bush Sr. dealt them a rough blow, and Bush Jr. is going to cripple them for life.
If Carrot head had his way, Saddam would still be sitting pretty and Libya would have sold huge stockpiles of weapons all over the damn place. We need a leader who is going to scare these towelheads, instead of be "humane" and leave them be.
To hell with that, bomb the all of em and show em what it means to kill an american. Go Bush.

Yea, and then let them bomb us, and show us what it mens to kill an Iraqi, Go Osama!

If we kept fucking with them, they're going to keep doing the same to us.

I wonder what sucks more tho, being killed instantly by an explosion, or getting your head slowly cut off.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:42 am  Post subject:   
PD~ wrote:
The democratic convention has been on for the last 2 days now and the ratings are extremely low. In other words, no one wants to hear their lies. Of course, the republican convention won't be rated high either, but that's because we already have office.

Don't you mean the other side's propoganda?

Besides, most people know what the conventions really are - glorified ceremonies of anointment for a party's champion to go forth and slay the vile, evil other side. Or, in short, meaningless fluff.

Quote:
It was reported yesterday that Bush's "consumer confidence" (or in other words, his approval rating) is the highest it's been in 2 years and is steadily increasing. Sounds like good news to me.

Consumer confidence != approval rating.

If I remember my economics right, consumer confidence is representative of a person's willingness to spend their money. Still, it is good news for the Bush camp given one of the Democratic planks is going to be the economic situation. The only downside could be oil prices - it is closing on $42 a barrel (a record high) and doesn't appear to be ready to drop anytime soon.

Quote:
Also, my dad told me this today (he's 100x the political mind that I am). He said that all the democrats that have been complaining about never finding WMDs aren't paying attention to the facts. It's been documented (although I haven't seen them yet, I'll search later) that we found enough chemical weapons in Iraq that would kill over 500,000 people. If that's not potential mass destruction, then what the fuck is? Bush will probably use this for his debates when Kerry tries to attack him about pre-emptive strikes on Iraq.

Let me know when you find that link, I'd like to read that report. But it's a bit strange that the more conservative media outlets haven't reported on it. This would be the time to reveal such information - it would justify the invasion and steal Kerry's thunder during his glory moment.

Quote:
The great thing about all of this is Bush may win by more than 10% of the vote, which would be enourmously high for this day and age. Plus, it doesn't help Kerry that Nader will take votes away from him. This has been a good day. I love the democratic convention and watching these guys shoot themselves right in the foot. It's all but over now even though I never had doubts anyway.

Still three months to go - can't call it over yet. Just ask Thomas Dewey. He was favored in every poll going into election day in 1948. I'm sure you've seen the pic of the Chicago Daily Tribune claiming "Dewey Defeats Truman."

It's very doubtful either candidate would win by that much of a margin.

Alpmaster - easily getting your head cut off. They don't cut it off cleanly, they saw at it so it will hurt. A LOT.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 8:21 am  Post subject:   
alpmaster wrote:
Yea, and then let them bomb us, and show us what it mens to kill an Iraqi, Go Osama!

If we kept fucking with them, they're going to keep doing the same to us.

I wonder what sucks more tho, being killed instantly by an explosion, or getting your head slowly cut off.

I'd rather lose 20 civilians, if it means killing 200 of them. The way things are going, it's close to those numbers...if not WAY more. You don't fight madmen by leaving them alone and turning your head away. You need to take the fight to them knowing you will lose some servicemen. It's a tragedy, but they signed up for the job, and they're doing it damn good. We are the most powerful nation of fighters on the planet. Keep em' coming and watch our boys blast em' back to the stone age with their dumb asses.
Plus, we're a powerhouse. If we need to fuck with them to gain their country independence, then they're going to have to deal with it, or they'll be wiped out.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:47 am  Post subject:   
I haven't looked for a link yet, mrmarcus (I just got up and I'm late for work :frusty ), but I don't think it's going to be a major issue until Bush can get Kerry one on one for the world to see, and that's when you'll see all of the information come out. Besides, Kerry already knows all of this, but it's the only thing he's got against Bush that gives him any chance of winning. If Kerry came into the debates and said, "You know what? Going into Iraq did happen to be the right thing to do", then it's game over for the democrats.

Also, Kerry is ahead in the majority of the polls right now (even this thread's), but that's normal for the new nominee to have a lot of thunder right out of the gate. History has shown us that it doesn't mean anything and actually, Kerry has already had the second largest drop off in the estimated polls percentage wise in the last 28 years.

As for the oil, that's a beast that can't be stopped no matter who's in office. As everyone well knows, Bush wants our Alaskan oil... but we all know what the deal is there (damn environmentalists). Do you know what our gas prices would be if we could hack into our own oil? Probabaly at least half of what they are now.

As for the "propoganda vs lies" debate, the shit Bill Clinton said were lies big time, especially the part about the tax cuts and how he claimed that the lower-middle class are the ones that paid for him to get his money back. Uh, last time I checked, everyone has been eligible to get their money back so long as they fill out their W2s. Then listening to Ben Affleck saying that he got $1.5 million back in taxes, but that it's pointless because he doesn't need the money so the tax cuts are stupid is just the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Why does he need the government to tell him what to do with it? There's a reason the tax cuts were put in place, it's so that Americans can spend that extra money how they see fit, so Affleck should take that money that he doesn't need and give it to a program or charity, that's the beauty of thinking for yourself and being independant and in fact, it'd make him look like a good guy if he did it out of the kindness of his heart.

PD~

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:48 am  Post subject:   
nad416 wrote:

:D Facts are good the truth is better :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:56 am  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
Witch King wrote:
nad416 wrote:

:D Facts are good the truth is better :)

yeah I :lol :frusty

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:57 am  Post subject:   
:cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers

My army of anti bush smilies :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 10:54 am  Post subject:   
PD~ wrote:
I haven't looked for a link yet, mrmarcus (I just got up and I'm late for work :frusty ),

Take your time. Don't break yourself over a minor political debate.

Quote:
but I don't think it's going to be a major issue until Bush can get Kerry one on one for the world to see, and that's when you'll see all of the information come out. Besides, Kerry already knows all of this, but it's the only thing he's got against Bush that gives him any chance of winning. If Kerry came into the debates and said, "You know what? Going into Iraq did happen to be the right thing to do", then it's game over for the democrats.

Right, because it vindicates the administration's justifications. Which is why they need to pull it out this week. There's usually a post-convention bounce in polls; that sort of information stops any post-convention momentum cold. It would destroy part of the Democratic platform and have the party scrambling to find something to attack with. If the Demos were in confusion the month leading into the Republican Convention, the momentum swing would be significant. Tactically, waiting for a debate is not the right move.

Quote:
Also, Kerry is ahead in the majority of the polls right now (even this thread's), but that's normal for the new nominee to have a lot of thunder right out of the gate. History has shown us that it doesn't mean anything and actually, Kerry has already had the second largest drop off in the estimated polls percentage wise in the last 28 years.

Refer "Dewey v. Truman".

Quote:
As for the oil, that's a beast that can't be stopped no matter who's in office. As everyone well knows, Bush wants our Alaskan oil... but we all know what the deal is there (damn environmentalists). Do you know what our gas prices would be if we could hack into our own oil? Probabaly at least half of what they are now.

Unknown actually. I doubt they would drop to half simply because of the difficulty of drilling and equiment maintenance in a cold-weather environment. Besides, this spike belongs to the Russians:

From Reuters - Russian Oil Giant YUKOS ordered to stop sales

The government is trying to get over 3 billion in back taxes.

Quote:
As for the "propoganda vs lies" debate, the shit Bill Clinton said were lies big time, especially the part about the tax cuts and how he claimed that the lower-middle class are the ones that paid for him to get his money back. Uh, last time I checked, everyone has been eligible to get their money back so long as they fill out their W2s.

I think he was referring to percentages, as per the chart I linked to a few pages back.

Quote:
Then listening to Ben Affleck saying that he got $1.5 million back in taxes, but that it's pointless because he doesn't need the money so the tax cuts are stupid is just the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Why does he need the government to tell him what to do with it? There's a reason the tax cuts were put in place, it's so that Americans can spend that extra money how they see fit, so Affleck should take that money that he doesn't need and give it to a program or charity, that's the beauty of thinking for yourself and being independant and in fact, it'd make him look like a good guy if he did it out of the kindness of his heart.

Wouldn't make him any better of an actor though. :heh

Seriously, that is a dumb quote. It's also typical Democratic election strategy - playing to the middle and the masses down in the bottom of the tax brackets painting the rich elite as the ones controlling the goverment. Just this time they used a talking head.

What they don't say is both sides typically get donations from large companies (I remember reading that both Microsoft and Wal-Mart donated heavily to Gore and Bush in 2000) which makes neither having clean hands in the fiscal exchange.

Until the flatten the tax rate to be fair and equal to everyone, somebody's going to be whining about it.

I also thought some more on your mention of Nader. Nader this year does not have the support he had in 2000. The Green party have aligned behind Kerry (oddly enough) and even their CANDIDATE has urged Green voters to vote for Kerry. As an independent he loses a great deal of the support and backing the Greens gave him in 2000. He may not be as big an influence as expected.

And Witch King - If you don't have anything relevant to add to the discussion.... stop trolling and STFU. Please.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:39 pm  Post subject:   
SSX: Racing: #1
Clayman
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX: Racing: #1
  • SSX: Overall: #2
I'll shoot my nuts off if I have to read another post by WitchKing in this thread. :heh

anyway,

Quote:
Plus, we're a powerhouse. If we need to fuck with them to gain their country independence, then they're going to have to deal with it, or they'll be wiped out.

But why did we need to "fuck" with them in the first place. Don't tell me "just because we can" or some shit like that. Why are we getting into their business. If they don't have independence, or want it so badly, let them deal with it and get it themselves. We didn't have to stick are head in where it didn't belong.

IF that were even the case. :poke

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:08 am  Post subject:   
Master Codfish
XBL: bakalhau90
PSN: bakalhau90
Kerry, because bush needs to be kicked

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 1:23 pm  Post subject:   
Bush, we need more economic growth and more with the war. Some people don't understand that he is in this war to protect us Americans in the future. We need to stop things before they start.

"You shoveled sh!t in his face. Now he is smelling the smell....of neglect."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 5:09 pm  Post subject:   
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX On Tour: Showoff: #2
XBL: Royank
PSN: Royank
Ok this is what i got 2 say I DONT CARE WHO THE NEXT PRESIDENT IS. Just give me a new president. I'm not looking at there politics i'm looking at there behavior.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 5:21 pm  Post subject:   
royank wrote:
Ok this is what i got 2 say I DONT CARE WHO THE NEXT PRESIDENT IS. Just give me a new president. I'm not looking at there politics i'm looking at there behavior.

:heh :heh :heh That is so true I want the same thing they just say what they need to say and do all the other complicated stuff out of public view and I dont care what anyone else says :cheers

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 5:43 pm  Post subject:   
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX On Tour: Showoff: #2
XBL: Royank
PSN: Royank
True that.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 10:33 pm  Post subject:   
I love how people who don't know politics or don't have facts will vote for Kerry. It's true what the media has been saying, Kerry is the lazy man's leader. I don't think people who want Kerry just because they don't want Bush realize the economic and political suicide that will come of it. Even a significant percentage of democrats don't want him in. People, Bush is not doing that badly. His economy is steadily rising and he's keeping taxes low, plus other nations have dismantled weapons over to us and he liberated a country by capturing a world-threatening leader, plus Bin Ladin will pop up in our custody soon (you watch). Well over half the country is in support of the job Bush has done. And let's even be realisitic, he's going to be re-elected by probably a significantly large margin, so get used to him, folks. He's doing a really nice job... not great, but not a bad one.

You're probably not going to see a democrat in office for the next 16-20 years. Of course that's just an educated guess, but the country is swinging conservative and rapidly. Thank goodness, too.

PD~

Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 7 of 9 [ 208 posts ]  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9