Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:35 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next

Do you believe that everything the Bible says is true, and that you must accept Jesus Crist as your Lord and Savior to be saved?
Yes, I believe 35%  35%  [ 23 ]
No, I do not believe 57%  57%  [ 37 ]
I want to learn more, can someone tell me more? 8%  8%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 65
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:00 am  Post subject: Do You Believe?  
This thread is to see how many of you believe in what I just polled about. I personally believe in everything the Bible has to say, that there is one God, that Jesus is the son of God and God in the flesh, that you recieve the holy spirit when you ask for Jesus to come into your life, that God has a plan for everything, that the Bible is the divine word of God, that there is a heaven and hell, and that someday, Jesus will come back to judge the world. Do you believe?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:01 am  Post subject:   
yes. funky i agree with you.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:05 am  Post subject:   
PSN: MistressWiggle
Why are there so many religion topics goin around???..............................

But nope I don't believe I'm a total Athiest.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:09 am  Post subject:   
This isn't a religion topic. This is a topic to see what you believe.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:32 am  Post subject:   
It scares me that someone can think everything the bible sais is true. Even the christians here in Sweden believe that the Bible is to be seen as a form of guidance instead of a true story. This freaks me out.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:33 am  Post subject:   
why? i do. i also believe i can fly.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:35 am  Post subject:   
Who sings that song?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:40 am  Post subject:   
I'd like to hear some arguments from you, or how you practice your belief, not just babbling coming out from somebody willing to read, but not willing to understand.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:40 am  Post subject:   
flexxx wrote:
It scares me that someone can think everything the bible sais is true. Even the christians here in Sweden believe that the Bible is to be seen as a form of guidance instead of a true story. This freaks me out.

It scrares me to think someone can't think everything the Bible says is true.

And the Bible is both a form of guidance and a true story. Just like when historians wrote down the events that occurred during the times of what you learn in your history books such as the Civil War, the days of the Vikings, the pyramids, etc., God told man to write down these events so that they would later be published (the Bible) for all to know about. So if you don't believe in the Bible, then you don't believe anything your history books tell you, either, and that leads me to believe that you really just don't believe in anything that's happened before the day you were born, and that's pretty sad.

PD~

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:45 am  Post subject:   
Funkydawg76 wrote:
Who sings that song?

i think it is on the ending of Shrek.

now that PD~ is here, the post s will get compicated. no offense dude.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:55 am  Post subject:   
I've two possible explanations.
Explanations for myself.

The first one is that some of you are simply playing around with the others by twisting out some kind of religous Avatar-personality, which is not even be seen in B-Movies anymore.
The second one is that your surroundings really would be a very interested field for Antropology- and Psychology-studies.

And I don't mean to harm anybody, it's just plain weird, what I sometimes read here.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:13 am  Post subject:   
p0rn Star
PSN: YoshiExcel
Personally I dont believe EVERYTHING the bible states, because a human wrote it. Alot of things might have been missunderstood and written the wrong way. I do believe there is a heaven and hell. I do believe you have to accept Jesus as your personal savior in order to enter heaven. :yes

To those that DONT believe: WHAT if it does turn out to be true that you need to accept jesus and believe and all that good stuff? And you never did it because you dont believe, then you dont get to enter heaven then you go to hell... If you dont believe, then do you think that when you die you just die? why not believe just because its like a little gamble, you might as well believe in it because at least it offers a reward. Unlike not believing.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:14 am  Post subject:   
I can't accept the bible as true.

I refuse to believe a book written by the hand of man as infallable. Especially one that has gone through as many translations as the bible has.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:24 am  Post subject:   
So then every book ever written, you don't believe? They're all written by the hand of man. That sucks... I hope you never write an autobiography.

Quote:
now that PD~ is here, the post s will get compicated. no offense dude.

Are you kidding? That's a compliment.

PD~

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:27 am  Post subject:   
YoshiXL wrote:
Personally I dont believe EVERYTHING the bible states, because a human wrote it. Alot of things might have been missunderstood and written the wrong way. I do believe there is a heaven and hell. I do believe you have to accept Jesus as your personal savior in order to enter heaven. :yes

To those that DONT believe: WHAT if it does turn out to be true that you need to accept jesus and believe and all that good stuff? And you never did it because you dont believe, then you dont get to enter heaven then you go to hell... If you dont believe, then do you think that when you die you just die? why not believe just because its like a little gamble, you might as well believe in it because at least it offers a reward. Unlike not believing.

I'm sorry but the argumentation "what the heck, you don't loose anything, if you believe in heaven and hell" is more than wrong.

I do believe in my life, I do believe my soul is pure energy and will not be lost, when I as a person die, I don't believe in heaven or hell, and because of that I won't have to decide to enter one of those two. What I will hopefully achieve in this life or at least when I die is freedom for my soul.
The rules to achieve freedom are similar to those in many books written, one of them is called "bible", but in the moment I close my mind, and put borders around it by expelling other thoughts, freedom will be gone.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:29 am  Post subject:   
The truth is, we all fall short to the glory of God. Only Jesus was perfect.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:31 am  Post subject:   
And with that said, you've already lost?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:32 am  Post subject:   
so've you. and so have i. and so has everybody else.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:34 am  Post subject:   
There's one prize to achieve for me, that's freedom. And I have not lost yet, cause I didn't give up yet.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:34 am  Post subject:   
except Jesus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:36 am  Post subject:   
PD~ wrote:
So then every book ever written, you don't believe? They're all written by the hand of man. That sucks... I hope you never write an autobiography.

For the most part, no, despite your ridiculous oversimplification of the comment. Anything is written with the author's slant on it, regardless of claims of anti-bias. Do you take everything you see in print as truth? I highly doubt it. I prefer not to take anything as truth. Too many people pushing too many agendas. I'll figure things out for myself.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:57 am  Post subject:   
I believe in the history written in the bible, but I do not believe the miracles Jesus preformed, nor the creation. The bible, according to historians also got the dates and years wrong as they have been compared to other documents written at the time, for example the roman historical documentation.

I'm not saying the bible is crap, it's both a fascinating tale and teaches you about what heppened during that era, however I do not think every word in it sbould be taken seriously. The miracles Jesus preformed each teach us a lesson in life, and that is the way I, and the swedish arch bishop look at them.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:37 pm  Post subject:   
flexxx wrote:

I completely agree, except in that I believe that the new testament is mostly true, and that the old testament has a little less truth.

Sarah and Joanne are wrong- this stays in here until it's proven.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:03 pm  Post subject:   
Whoever voted that they wanted to learn more, you can get more information by PMing either Me, AOSO, or PD.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:39 pm  Post subject:   
Oh boy, where to start.

Quote:
I do believe in my life, I do believe my soul is pure energy and will not be lost, when I as a person die, I don't believe in heaven or hell, and because of that I won't have to decide to enter one of those two. What I will hopefully achieve in this life or at least when I die is freedom for my soul.
The rules to achieve freedom are similar to those in many books written, one of them is called "bible", but in the moment I close my mind, and put borders around it by expelling other thoughts, freedom will be gone.

First of all, even if you did believe in a heaven or hell, you still wouldn't have to decide, it's God's decision. And secondly, your mind is closed and you have put borders around it because you reject heaven and hell. If your mind was open, you'd accept its possibility, but as you stated, you believe there isn't one. You describe your soul as wanting to be free. You could try your damndest to explain that to me, but all in all, you really have no idea what that even means because you have no concept of after-life, unless your arguement is that your soul just floats around for the rest of time.

Quote:
I believe in the history written in the bible, but I do not believe the miracles Jesus preformed, nor the creation. The bible, according to historians also got the dates and years wrong as they have been compared to other documents written at the time, for example the roman historical documentation.

The only reason historians question the dates as referred to in the Bible is because the "calendar year" as we all know it today wasn't created until the 16th century. The Bible was written well before that time.

PD~

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 12 [ 277 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12