Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:47 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:30 am  Post subject: Terrorism in Paris--A Call for Justice  
Hi All:

Last night, I watched news stations report and read newspapers chronicle about the terrorist attacks ISIS carried out in France. Please be assured that I feel strongly about individuals who murder innocent victims via indiscriminate shootings and suicide bombings in the name of God, as both the Bible and the Koran condemn this type of behavior. My sympathies and prayers are with everyone injured and killed in the attacks and are also with their families, friends, and loved ones. It is my hope that France, the United States, and other countries unite to bring, to borrow the phrase uttered by Ted Cruz, these "radical theocratic zealots" to justice.

Sincerely,
QP

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:08 am  Post subject: Re: Terrorism in Paris--A Call for Justice  
PSN: Kubi-ssx
Can we be certain that they were religiously motivated attacks? I do know that people said they heard them shouting, "Allahu akbar," and that it is likely that the EU let in some terrorists among the refugees. However, this is not conclusive evidence. I would prefer to refrain from blaming anyone unless it can be proved that they were responsible.

But I did just wake up and I might have missed something.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:25 am  Post subject: Re: Terrorism in Paris--A Call for Justice  
Hi Kubi;

One of the assailants arrested acknowledged that he was part of ISIS, and that this organization sponsored the Parisian attacks. In fact, ISIS had one of their terrorist supply routes disrupted by the Unites States and other countries working jointly with them. There is strong evidence that the nature of the attacks is retaliatory in nature. Most importantly, it is widely recognized that the Parisian attacks are the handiwork of a larger ISIS operative, and not just the actions of a few disgruntled individuals.

Best,
QP

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:32 am  Post subject: Re: Terrorism in Paris--A Call for Justice  
PSN: Kubi-ssx
Thank you for your reply, I can now agree that ISIS is to blame for these attacks. I asked for evidence because people often accuse Islam of terrorism and whether they're right or not, I still think that evidence is important. Otherwise, it stirs up controversy in the media and online and you end up with the right shouting, "Muslim terrorists!" while the left shouts back at them, "Islamophobes!" and in the end, nothing gets done.

But once again, thank you for that evidence. It definitely does sound like something that ISIS would see as advantageous to them.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:36 am  Post subject: Re: Terrorism in Paris--A Call for Justice  
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Tricky: Showoff: #2
  • SSX Tricky: Overall: #2
Upon discovering what had happened in Paris, I was really shocked that the city was once again struck by terrorism.. Paris is not a safe place any longer..

Just horrible.. My deepest sympathy goes to those who lost their loved ones, and people who will, in different degrees, suffer from PTSD for many years to come probably, and will definitely have this tragic event marked as a scar in their memory.

I´ve been to Paris, it could have been me.. Makes me appreciate life more. Life is precious, it could be over sooner than you think..

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:03 am  Post subject: Re: Terrorism in Paris--A Call for Justice  
PSN: Mistinguette
My country touched one more time by these terrorists and even during a football match (France vs Allemagne). We won the match but on other side lost many people . As if we don't have enough death and fear since Charlie Hebdo and i think we must be prepare by all aspects versus terrorists. I feel some danger which could be happen in the coming months.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:24 pm  Post subject: Re: Terrorism in Paris--A Call for Justice  
Hi Kubi, 9EDDY2, and Mistinguet:

Hi Kubi, You're welcome. I appreciate your prompt response.

Hi 9EDDY2, You speak the truth. However, we cannot allow terrorists to dictate the limitations and parameters of human freedom. We have to eliminate, or, more realistically speaking, minimize the threat of radical Islamic groups before they carry out any more acts of terror on innocent civilians.

Hi Mistinguet, I am sorry that your country is suffering the aftershock of a radical Islamic groups who do not count the cost of the innocent blood they spill in their attempt to wage jihad against the world. I'll yield the floor to you, as I'm sure you more knowledge about the specifics of the ISIS attacks than I am. My thoughts and prayers are with your country and with you.

Sincerely,
QP

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:13 pm  Post subject: Re: Terrorism in Paris--A Call for Justice  
PSN: MistressWiggle
Someone I know was killed at the Bataclan last night. Not a close friend, but someone to say hello and chat too at concerts. I know the people affected by this senseless death of someone doing something he loved, and I grieve.

The situation is not black and white, but this was bound to happen, and I do believe that the reason it has not happened in England (yet) is because we did not open our boarders so easily.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]