Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:48 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:28 pm  Post subject: OMG PC GRAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHH  
XBL: N/A
PSN: SSX-WIN or gold-fingers_007
F*** WINDOWS!

I've spent 2 months trying to do one freaking thing which is to install ONE DOWNLOAD, and I can't think of what else can go wrong!!! First a file gets "protected", then the folder that I want to grab my files in doesn't actually exist despite being displayed right in front of me! So I re-download to find. WOW. My PC doesn't even recognize the downloads existence.

It gets better.

On my 5th download, I finally opened it with no protections. I hit install... and it fails. I try again because maybe it was just a fluke, but it fails again. So now I try to put each file where it the installer says, but some of my folders don't exist. I attempt to make new ones. I CAN'T MAKE THE NEW FOLDERS AS FREAKING SUPER USER. WTF. I'm about ready to throw this box out the window.

If anyone knows how to install libusb, please tell me.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:28 am  Post subject: Re: OMG PC GRAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHH  
XBL: movildima
What are you trying to install, the library for programming or the compiled DLLs?

If you have problems with protection, try disabling UAC.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:54 pm  Post subject: Re: OMG PC GRAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHH  
XBL: N/A
PSN: SSX-WIN or gold-fingers_007
The compiled DLLs, I'll try learning the language later, but I'm new to PC so I'm having trouble doing the simplest of things.

Disabling UAC? I'll look into that, thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:13 am  Post subject: Re: OMG PC GRAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHH  
Computers will ruin your life. I say this as an Avid PC gamer.

Whenever something fails for any reason ever, try right-clicking it and selecting "Run as Administrator"

That's the solution to 99% of my problems.

Also, if you can't find something for any reason, even if it's your computer's fault, you can usually right-click it and click "View in directory" or "View file location" or something like that.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]