Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:14 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:47 pm  Post subject: Re: I honestly feel disgusted about this.....  
PSN: Equinoqs
I own guns. I strongly believe that gun controls are needed in America, for the public safety and to keep them out of the wrong hands. The end.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:51 pm  Post subject: Re: I honestly feel disgusted about this.....  
XBL: twoskilld4U
Ok, lets start over.

How will we keep guns out of the wrong hands?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:45 am  Post subject: Re: I honestly feel disgusted about this.....  
PSN: Equinoqs
A mandatory 3-day/2-week waiting period with severe punishment for infractions, used to run a thorough background check, is one way to help keep guns out of the hands of criminals and crazies (for that 40% of guns sold in the U.S. that never get a background check - gun shows, pawn shops, internet purchases). Banning the 30-round clip will at least slow down a mass murderer's shooting spree, and there is no good reason for a law-abiding gun owner to need one. Banning assault weapons is an iffy idea, because unless it's a bona-fide automatic assault rifle (which should definitely be banned) it 's not really any different than some hunting rifles, so I'm not sure how much of an effect that would have. But I'm not entirely opposed if a good reason can be shown (I own a Mini-14).

Arming teachers is a stupid idea. What makes our country's teachers any better/worse than anyone else when it comes to gun safety? I would never allow a child of mine (if I had one) to attend an elementary school where the teachers were armed. The infintesimal chance of the teachers needing to shoot an armed intruder doesn't balance out the chances of some forgetful, very-human teacher accidentally allowing children access to a loaded gun. In my eyes, armed police/military officers at elementary schools would be be one more step toward that police state the NRA is always wailing about. Americans should not be so scared of their country that they must lock everything down and shut everyone out - that's called "letting the terrorists win".

As I said before, the U.S. is NOT getting rid of its guns. Never gonna happen. And violent criminals will always exist. But there has been a change in our society that makes a mass shooting a legitimate form of celebrity. An unstable person shoots 5 shoppers/students/co-workers and gets a week of uninterrupted fame/infamy on 24-hour news outlets, so some other unstable person has to shoot 10 or 15 people to get their time in the spotlight. I doubt anything in that situation is going to change (even though it needs to). The key to me is to make it harder for those people to get guns capable of making mass murder easy, and restrict their ability to act on violent impulses, rather than simply handing a gun to everyone else and expecting things to work out, or turning the U.S. into a self-imposed police state "for our own good".

That's pretty much all I got. Enjoy your holidays.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:53 am  Post subject: Re: I honestly feel disgusted about this.....  
XBL: twoskilld4U
OMG thank you for this reply, my eyes are opened a little more.

Yes i agree, i would never send my child to a school with armed teachers, where would they keep the gun? In a locked desk?

I honestly want to say banning anything would take away from a mass shooter, i dont think it would. However I wasn't aware that you could type into google "M4A1 for sale" and could simply have one shipped to you no questions asked O.o

EDIT: Who am i kidding? Maybe i did, i just want this argument to end. My mind is stuck on the idea that no matter what killers will obtain these weapons. I'm sorry for assuming that you wanted to simply try to rid of all guns. I agree that even in a situation that involves another shooter you shouldn't need a 30 round mag.

Go to page Previous  1, 2

Jump to:  

Information
Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  1, 2