Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:37 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:25 am  Post subject: Taking a break, it's not you it's me.  
I spend almost all my internet time on forums. Those are really the only sites I'm on at any given time. The ones I post on aren't really forums I use for gathering information. I use them for socializing with other people. However this has ties to self-importance.

I post on forums because I have something to say. I want to tell people my opinions. The reason I want to tell people my opinions is because I want them to tell me what they think about my opinions. I care about what other people think about what I think. That's what keeps me coming back to them. Checking to see if someone has responded to something I posted.

This is not so different from the attention-whoring of the majority of Facebook's users. I don't want to keep refreshing the same few forums for new posts to my threads, waiting for responses to stuff I have said. It gets old. It has gotten old. I might be back, I might not. But for now, I'm going on indefinite hiatus. I have a sense of self-importance that I want to dethrone from it's current place of prominence and these forums I post on are only a means of self-validation which is counter-intuitive to my goal.

It's been fun guys. I'll see you on the other side.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:59 am  Post subject: Re: Taking a break, it's not you it's me.  
Hope to see you back soon, whooz.
Enjoy the break, sometimes we spend too much of our lives on the internet.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:27 pm  Post subject: Re: Taking a break, it's not you it's me.  
Woah, that's a lot of self reflection.

I hope it goes well, and I hope you'll be back soon with less of a focus on strictly things you have to say (fuck that sounds mean but you know what I mean right :dead )

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:25 pm  Post subject: Re: Taking a break, it's not you it's me.  
Whoooooz! :cry

I'll miss you dude; it's been a blast. Thanks for all of the contributions you've made to Merq. It's been awesome having you here, and I hope you get closer to your goal and that life treats you well while you're working towards it.

And, of course, I hope that you come back one day. Until then, good luck and peace. :china

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:34 pm  Post subject: Re: Taking a break, it's not you it's me.  
XBL: DSeel23
PSN: DannySeel
That puts things into perspective, I believe, for the majority of us. You bring up a good point of similarities to Facebook and that lit a bulb up in this head of mine. I don't go on facebook much anymore, but rather, I go on here, espn, nfl, ign, etc to read articles, look at comments, and post my opinion because I like to voice my opinions and get criticism on them (positive or negative) and here others opinions and whatnot. I believe I am in control of my priorities with life, but my recent attention towards this stuff have really made me wonder sometimes.

I have never really conversed back with you, but good luck homie. Your thought processes appear to be in the right place and that should help you where ever you end up.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:53 pm  Post subject: Re: Taking a break, it's not you it's me.  
PSN: Emu90
What the heck. :( Oh well I still get your tunes through Spotify so Imma be alright. See you on the other side.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:40 pm  Post subject: Re: Taking a break, it's not you it's me.  
Master Codfish
XBL: bakalhau90
PSN: bakalhau90
I understand a few of your points. Have a good time on your hiatus, and you know us, you know you'll be welcomed if you ever decide to come back :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:30 am  Post subject: Re: Taking a break, it's not you it's me.  
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX (2012): Survival: #2
  • Overall Best Players: Survival: #2
PSN: chromemaps
A few years back I used to post a LOT on a certain music forum ... I had well over 15,000 posts on that thing. It went from being good fun -> a way of life very quickly. Some days I would post upwards of 100 times.
Then I quit it. It got stale, it got boring... there was some people on it that bugged me and I let it get to me.
I still take a look at it from time to time (like once a month) but I don't bother with it anymore. its gone downhill since I left anyway >guffaw<

Anyway - I can relate to what you say - posting sth and then waiting for response... ego ego. There's a real world out there with real people in it. Have fun.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:42 am  Post subject: Re: Taking a break, it's not you it's me.  
PSN: MistressWiggle
You have my Skype and my music box is open. :3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:48 pm  Post subject: Re: Taking a break, it's not you it's me.  
PSN: CHROMANAUT_
i very much trust this is not goodbye.

while i see your point, i don't see the point in losing contact with everyone you know and the relationships you've built especially surrounding a video game like this.

you'll be back, and if you ain't, better not be the last time we speak.

<3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:32 pm  Post subject: Re: Taking a break, it's not you it's me.  
Well seeing how I too have taken a break from this place ( and will again after i sign out but i felt compelled to see whooz off ) I wish whooz a good time away, sometimes its the best thing haha. I think its best you have some time off and enjoy the real world... god knows a few people should follow your cue but hey who am i to judge lmao :lol

But nonetheless have a great life :) Till the next SSX lol

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:25 am  Post subject: Re: Taking a break, it's not you it's me.  
XBL: SpR1tEzER0
Im taking a break as well

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ]