Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:52 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister
 



Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:52 pm  Post subject: Peak 1 Slopestyle  
User avatar
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:28 pm
Rank: Superstar
Location: Probably at home.
XBL: PeacefulJarl379
Hello!
2nd post, so sorry if it is bad.
I have platinum on all slopestyles except R&B (p1), and i can get lik 550k, but i can never get 1mil.

Thanks
-PeacefulJarl379

_________________
YouTube: PeacefulJarl
Twitch: PeacefulJarl379
Mixer: PeacefulJarl379


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:34 am  Post subject: Re: Peak 1 Slopestyle  
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:53 am
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Tricky: Overall: #2
  • SSX Tricky: Showoff: #3
Rank: Master
Location: Bergen, Norway
Welcome to the Gravitude Bar! :)
Seeing as you may have just registered on this site, you´re perhaps no too familiar with the SSX games, but the best word of advice I could give you is to just play more. You´re not too far off the cutoff. Unlike Tricky and SSX (1), there´s an element of tapping involved that is highly beneficial, and a must if you´re aiming for high scores.

Also; try to learn Monster Tricks, often shortened MTs. They can boost your scores by MILLIONS, not kidding. :yes

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:55 am  Post subject: Re: Peak 1 Slopestyle  
User avatar
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:28 pm
Rank: Superstar
Location: Probably at home.
XBL: PeacefulJarl379
9EDDY2 wrote:
Welcome to the Gravitude Bar! :)
Seeing as you may have just registered on this site, you´re perhaps no too familiar with the SSX games, but the best word of advice I could give you is to just play more. You´re not too far off the cutoff. Unlike Tricky and SSX (1), there´s an element of tapping involved that is highly beneficial, and a must if you´re aiming for high scores.

Also; try to learn Monster Tricks, often shortened MTs. They can boost your scores by MILLIONS, not kidding. :yes


I played SSX since like 2007(oh and i sucked at the first because i was used to THPS because you cant move while pressing X, that came to Tricky) (?) and i only know 2 freaking MTs (Triple Back Flip Superman and FS Double Back Flip 180 SSXorcist), and i registered in this site right now because i got my gmail.

I don't know any techniques that boost your score except that one where you do a spin or another MT in the same air.

If i could learn more Techniques, i could possibly do it.

-PeacefulJarl379

P.S I got ALL missions on all peaks, but i don't have verification. AND I got a master with Mac on Tricky, Completed the WT on 2012, but i don't have verification.

EDIT: I play with Mac at full stats.

_________________
YouTube: PeacefulJarl
Twitch: PeacefulJarl379
Mixer: PeacefulJarl379


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:28 pm  Post subject: Re: Peak 1 Slopestyle  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
User avatar
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2003 9:49 am
Rank: Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Location: P-Town in da NW
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Here is the in-depth guide (not too advanced) from the FAQ. It should help you a bit. There aren't any Master Runs to show you, unfortunately.

SSX 3 Peak 1 Guide | Click to reveal hidden content
Code:
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
      PEAK 1 JAM                                              [TrackPeak1Jam]
    Score Challenge
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
Peak 1 Jam: 130,000

+--------------------------------+
| Walkthrough Author: Renato     |
| Walkthrough Goal - 1,500,000   |
| Skill Level - Hard             |
+--------------------------------+

Note: This was done with a fully powered up Moby; meaning, if done with a
different character and/or without full stats, the results may differ.
Also, no monster tricks are used in this guide. However, in order to get
the highest of scores, these, along with the Smurphy Trick, are critically
necessary.

PART ONE: HAPPINESS

1. Right when you start, veer left and do a misty. Board press, so as to
keep your combo string going (duh). Off the next hill, 3 mistys. You
should have full adrenaline now. Boost and perform 3 uber tricks off the
next hill. One more off the next hill to get to level 2 ubers.

2. Turn left and do 4 mistys with a "long grab" uber. Boost quickly and you
should be able to do 2 rodeos with an uber off that hill. Again, boost
quickly and do 4 mistys with a "long grab" bonus. You should get the "big air"
one as well, which adds up to a total of 10,000 style points.

3. Veer right and do some flips off the small hill with trees in front. Try
to avoid hitting the trees. Land carefully and get ready to do the same off
the next hill (note, don't do a long uber or else you'll probably crash).
Couple of flips with an uber off the following hill and you're out of the cave
(careful not to hit the trees). Ahead, turn left and do 3 mistys off the
hill the log is sticking out from. Inside the icey cave, 2 mistys off the
first hill and 3 off the second.

4. Do 4 rodeos off the next jump with a "long grab" uber. Same off the next
slope. Next, to avoid the avalanche, you'll have to turn all the way to the
left. You'll slowly fall (whilst so, you can do some tricks if you wish)
into another icey cave. Big blocks of ice will start following off, these
being easier to dodge than the huge blocks of snow you might encounter in
the avalanche. "Long grab" uber with 3/4 mistys off the exiting hill.
Continuing, you'll see yet another hill. 2 mistys and don't jump too high
or else you might touch the top and easily crash. Now, just perform some
random rodeos and mistys until you get to the bottom. After, perform 3
mistys off the last hill with an uber.

Onto the next course. If you think you can keep your combo string going
throughout R&B, go ahead and do it; but, if you're sure you're bound to
crash it, just let it end. As of this moment, your score should be
somewhere between 600,000 and 700,000. Now, my advice would be to use
the route between the two courses to rack up even more points. Just do
whatever pleases you. For example, I usually do tons and tons of rail
ubers, all linked in one  combo. But, whatever you do, make sure you'll
enter R&B with a 30x or above combo string.

PART TWO: R&B

1. To start, a rodeo with an uber off the small hill (there's a palm tree or
something next to it). Get on the right rail, take off of it with a misty
and go for the 3x multiplier. You'll most likely get on another rail.
Rodeo through the 5x multiplier (no uber, not enough air). Get on the log,
boost, get on the next rail, uber rail, try to get the 3x multiplier, get
on the next rail. As soon as you get off the rail, swing to the left and
do some rodeos with an uber through the 10x multiplier off that jump.
Rapidly turn to the right after landing and do some tricks off the slope.

2. Get on the rail and perform some uber rails. Keep going and do some flips
off the jump ahead of you (don't go very high!) 4 rodeos with a "long grab"
uber through the 5x multiplier off the next jump (it's easier to get the
multiplier if you boost before jumping. You can also get a "big air"
bonus easily with this jump). Land, boost as soon as you land and jump off
the hill with 3 mistys (I get the 2x multiplier sometimes, but it's not very
important anyway). After, keep going, take the narrow icey path and do some
tricks off of it through the 3x multiplier. Boost, jump off the half-pipe
and perform 2 rodeos (getting the 10x multiplier helps your score tremendously,
by the way).

3. Do the 3 mistys off one of the jumps facing the half-pipe after landing
the previous tricks. Get on the middle rail (the other two make you go up the
train or something like that) and do a rail uber from the rail you just
landed on to the last one (try to get the 2x multiplier too). Take off
from the rail and perform 2/3 mistys. You should land on another rail. Boost
off the rail and perform some flips with a long grab uber off the jump. A
"big air" bonus is also in order if you boost properly before jumping. Also,
go for the 3x multiplier. In the next 4 jumps, do whatever tricks you feel
like doing, just don't go too high on the very last one or you'll get
off-course.

4. Aha, the last jump! If you still haven't reached this guide's goal, this
might just do the trick. Boost, ignore all rails, get yourself away from
the one in the middle (the one that goes through the car), jump, and do
tricks, tricks, tricks! Getting the 10x multiplier is rather easy, so, having
1,500,000 points now should be a piece of cake.

_________________
Image
Click to reveal hidden content: show
]Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:38 pm  Post subject: Re: Peak 1 Slopestyle  
User avatar
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:28 pm
Rank: Superstar
Location: Probably at home.
XBL: PeacefulJarl379
gondee wrote:
Here is the in-depth guide (not too advanced) from the FAQ. It should help you a bit. There aren't any Master Runs to show you, unfortunately.

SSX 3 Peak 1 Guide | Click to reveal hidden content
Code:
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
      PEAK 1 JAM                                              [TrackPeak1Jam]
    Score Challenge
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
Peak 1 Jam: 130,000

+--------------------------------+
| Walkthrough Author: Renato     |
| Walkthrough Goal - 1,500,000   |
| Skill Level - Hard             |
+--------------------------------+

Note: This was done with a fully powered up Moby; meaning, if done with a
different character and/or without full stats, the results may differ.
Also, no monster tricks are used in this guide. However, in order to get
the highest of scores, these, along with the Smurphy Trick, are critically
necessary.

PART ONE: HAPPINESS

1. Right when you start, veer left and do a misty. Board press, so as to
keep your combo string going (duh). Off the next hill, 3 mistys. You
should have full adrenaline now. Boost and perform 3 uber tricks off the
next hill. One more off the next hill to get to level 2 ubers.

2. Turn left and do 4 mistys with a "long grab" uber. Boost quickly and you
should be able to do 2 rodeos with an uber off that hill. Again, boost
quickly and do 4 mistys with a "long grab" bonus. You should get the "big air"
one as well, which adds up to a total of 10,000 style points.

3. Veer right and do some flips off the small hill with trees in front. Try
to avoid hitting the trees. Land carefully and get ready to do the same off
the next hill (note, don't do a long uber or else you'll probably crash).
Couple of flips with an uber off the following hill and you're out of the cave
(careful not to hit the trees). Ahead, turn left and do 3 mistys off the
hill the log is sticking out from. Inside the icey cave, 2 mistys off the
first hill and 3 off the second.

4. Do 4 rodeos off the next jump with a "long grab" uber. Same off the next
slope. Next, to avoid the avalanche, you'll have to turn all the way to the
left. You'll slowly fall (whilst so, you can do some tricks if you wish)
into another icey cave. Big blocks of ice will start following off, these
being easier to dodge than the huge blocks of snow you might encounter in
the avalanche. "Long grab" uber with 3/4 mistys off the exiting hill.
Continuing, you'll see yet another hill. 2 mistys and don't jump too high
or else you might touch the top and easily crash. Now, just perform some
random rodeos and mistys until you get to the bottom. After, perform 3
mistys off the last hill with an uber.

Onto the next course. If you think you can keep your combo string going
throughout R&B, go ahead and do it; but, if you're sure you're bound to
crash it, just let it end. As of this moment, your score should be
somewhere between 600,000 and 700,000. Now, my advice would be to use
the route between the two courses to rack up even more points. Just do
whatever pleases you. For example, I usually do tons and tons of rail
ubers, all linked in one  combo. But, whatever you do, make sure you'll
enter R&B with a 30x or above combo string.

PART TWO: R&B

1. To start, a rodeo with an uber off the small hill (there's a palm tree or
something next to it). Get on the right rail, take off of it with a misty
and go for the 3x multiplier. You'll most likely get on another rail.
Rodeo through the 5x multiplier (no uber, not enough air). Get on the log,
boost, get on the next rail, uber rail, try to get the 3x multiplier, get
on the next rail. As soon as you get off the rail, swing to the left and
do some rodeos with an uber through the 10x multiplier off that jump.
Rapidly turn to the right after landing and do some tricks off the slope.

2. Get on the rail and perform some uber rails. Keep going and do some flips
off the jump ahead of you (don't go very high!) 4 rodeos with a "long grab"
uber through the 5x multiplier off the next jump (it's easier to get the
multiplier if you boost before jumping. You can also get a "big air"
bonus easily with this jump). Land, boost as soon as you land and jump off
the hill with 3 mistys (I get the 2x multiplier sometimes, but it's not very
important anyway). After, keep going, take the narrow icey path and do some
tricks off of it through the 3x multiplier. Boost, jump off the half-pipe
and perform 2 rodeos (getting the 10x multiplier helps your score tremendously,
by the way).

3. Do the 3 mistys off one of the jumps facing the half-pipe after landing
the previous tricks. Get on the middle rail (the other two make you go up the
train or something like that) and do a rail uber from the rail you just
landed on to the last one (try to get the 2x multiplier too). Take off
from the rail and perform 2/3 mistys. You should land on another rail. Boost
off the rail and perform some flips with a long grab uber off the jump. A
"big air" bonus is also in order if you boost properly before jumping. Also,
go for the 3x multiplier. In the next 4 jumps, do whatever tricks you feel
like doing, just don't go too high on the very last one or you'll get
off-course.

4. Aha, the last jump! If you still haven't reached this guide's goal, this
might just do the trick. Boost, ignore all rails, get yourself away from
the one in the middle (the one that goes through the car), jump, and do
tricks, tricks, tricks! Getting the 10x multiplier is rather easy, so, having
1,500,000 points now should be a piece of cake.


Hey can you give me the start and end suitable for the final round of R&B only? Thanks in Advance!
-PeacefulJarl379

P.S What is the Smurphy Trick, and can you not give me a master run.

_________________
YouTube: PeacefulJarl
Twitch: PeacefulJarl379
Mixer: PeacefulJarl379


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:53 pm  Post subject: Re: Peak 1 Slopestyle  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
User avatar
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2003 9:49 am
Rank: Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Location: P-Town in da NW
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
R&B is the second half of that guide. Smurphy Trick is the following:

Code:
TECHNIQUE # 8 - "The Smurphy Trick"
+---------------------------------+
Events: Superpipe (especially), Big Air, Slopestyle

Importance for High Scores: Critical for the very, very top, upper eschelon
scores. Not important if you are just looking for gold.

How to do "The Smurphy Trick": In order to do the "Smurphy Trick" you must
do a Monster Trick in mid-air, give it a second to register (stop briefly for
a moment), then do at least another 180 (or another Monster Trick) to have
it register again and you can get full points for your MT's on each jump. What
will happen is that you will hear the announcer say "Monster Trick" while
still in mid-air, and then you will get the FULL bonus for the Monster Trick
even if you've done it before! At it's basest level, the scientific explanation
of the Smurphy Trick is this: "Any late flip or spin trick done after a Monster
Trick will allow you to do that same trick again after you have landed."

Why do "The Smurphy Trick"? Because it allows you to do the same Monster Trick
over and over and over for every single jump and still get the same bonus you
did the very first time.

Why does "The Smurphy Trick" work? I've been told by different sources that I
trust that this is a bug of some sort, and it makes sense, since it completely
bypasses the "trick recorder" that halves the scores of any duplicated tricks.
In the logistics of the game, however, I have no real idea why it works, only
that it does.

Notes: While I'm in wonder of this trick, it takes a serious amount of fun out
of doing freestyle events because it makes each jump a matter of "How can I
score the most points in each jump", rather than rewarding variety of tricks
like in previous games.

This trick was discovered simultaneously by L12 SmURphY and NDogg6. It's
called the Smurphy trick since Smurphy was the first one to tell me it and I
promised him I would name it after him, heheh.


You should really read the SSX 3 FAQ. It has all the tips you need to get really good at the game. :yes

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/914646-ssx-3/faqs/26460

_________________
Image
Click to reveal hidden content: show
]Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:26 pm  Post subject: Re: Peak 1 Slopestyle  
User avatar
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:28 pm
Rank: Superstar
Location: Probably at home.
XBL: PeacefulJarl379
gondee wrote:
R&B is the second half of that guide. Smurphy Trick is the following:

Code:
TECHNIQUE # 8 - "The Smurphy Trick"
+---------------------------------+
Events: Superpipe (especially), Big Air, Slopestyle

Importance for High Scores: Critical for the very, very top, upper eschelon
scores. Not important if you are just looking for gold.

How to do "The Smurphy Trick": In order to do the "Smurphy Trick" you must
do a Monster Trick in mid-air, give it a second to register (stop briefly for
a moment), then do at least another 180 (or another Monster Trick) to have
it register again and you can get full points for your MT's on each jump. What
will happen is that you will hear the announcer say "Monster Trick" while
still in mid-air, and then you will get the FULL bonus for the Monster Trick
even if you've done it before! At it's basest level, the scientific explanation
of the Smurphy Trick is this: "Any late flip or spin trick done after a Monster
Trick will allow you to do that same trick again after you have landed."

Why do "The Smurphy Trick"? Because it allows you to do the same Monster Trick
over and over and over for every single jump and still get the same bonus you
did the very first time.

Why does "The Smurphy Trick" work? I've been told by different sources that I
trust that this is a bug of some sort, and it makes sense, since it completely
bypasses the "trick recorder" that halves the scores of any duplicated tricks.
In the logistics of the game, however, I have no real idea why it works, only
that it does.

Notes: While I'm in wonder of this trick, it takes a serious amount of fun out
of doing freestyle events because it makes each jump a matter of "How can I
score the most points in each jump", rather than rewarding variety of tricks
like in previous games.

This trick was discovered simultaneously by L12 SmURphY and NDogg6. It's
called the Smurphy trick since Smurphy was the first one to tell me it and I
promised him I would name it after him, heheh.


You should really read the SSX 3 FAQ. It has all the tips you need to get really good at the game. :yes

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/914646-ssx-3/faqs/26460


Heck, i was doing the smurphy trick in R&B, yet never got a mil.
-PeacefulJarl379

P.S I know this is off topic, by why do you have to code the FAQ in the forum?

EDIT: R&B and Peak 1 Jam from the faq are no help, and the Knowledge base isn't either.

_________________
YouTube: PeacefulJarl
Twitch: PeacefulJarl379
Mixer: PeacefulJarl379


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:53 pm  Post subject: Re: Peak 1 Slopestyle  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
User avatar
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2003 9:49 am
Rank: Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Location: P-Town in da NW
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Quote:
P.S I know this is off topic, by why do you have to code the FAQ in the forum?

It's written in plaintext so it spaces wrong if you just copy and paste it in normally.

If the FAQ is too simple, then I would recommend watching some Master Runs in the Master Runs section or checking out youtube for better track runs. Watch individual Happiness & R&B runs and learn how to score high on each individual track and you won't have any problem getting gold. :yes

_________________
Image
Click to reveal hidden content: show
]Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:01 pm  Post subject: Re: Peak 1 Slopestyle  
User avatar
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:28 pm
Rank: Superstar
Location: Probably at home.
XBL: PeacefulJarl379
gondee wrote:
Quote:
P.S I know this is off topic, by why do you have to code the FAQ in the forum?

It's written in plaintext so it spaces wrong if you just copy and paste it in normally.

If the FAQ is too simple, then I would recommend watching some Master Runs in the Master Runs section or checking out youtube for better track runs. Watch individual Happiness & R&B runs and learn how to score high on each individual track and you won't have any problem getting gold. :yes


Off topic, but i can't connect to server and deleted MY text

On topic:
Not to simple, to complicated and hard to understand.

I need platinum on R&B, not gold. Playing as [mac].

_________________
YouTube: PeacefulJarl
Twitch: PeacefulJarl379
Mixer: PeacefulJarl379


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:27 pm  Post subject: Re: Peak 1 Slopestyle  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
User avatar
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2003 9:49 am
Rank: Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Location: P-Town in da NW
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Ah, then read the FAQ from the very beginning. It will tell you all the stuff you know to play at high levels.

_________________
Image
Click to reveal hidden content: show
]Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:00 am  Post subject: Re: Peak 1 Slopestyle  
User avatar
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:28 pm
Rank: Superstar
Location: Probably at home.
XBL: PeacefulJarl379
Hello!

I won by like 20,000 points ahead of platinum, then i got my second wormhole to work, and beat [psymon] on platinum, just need 1 plat left, Kick. That is all. Best to lock, no more replies needed.

-PeacefulJarl379

_________________
YouTube: PeacefulJarl
Twitch: PeacefulJarl379
Mixer: PeacefulJarl379


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic


Jump to:  



Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Show or Hide Information
cron


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group