Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:39 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:42 am  Post subject: New big glitch: Reset timer in Peak Races (UPDATED w/ video)  
Gravitude MVP
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX 3: Showoff: #3
Like the topic title says, you can reset the clock. It's so easy that it's amazing that this wasn't found earlier. Just enter any Lodge portal during any Peak Race (or Peak Jam! - infinite points? Gotta try that some time). When you are prompted if you want to enter the Lodge, select No. You'll be reset some distance before the Lodge portal, and the timer will reset as well as if you were at the top of the mountain.

Video of 1:43 in Peak 2:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M7ZAHYVM

It's actually easier than it looks in that video. You just have to jump over or otherwise circumvent the Off Limits area surrounding the Lodge portals. Some are very easy, one is very hard, but all portals are accessible.

I might make a video explaining the glitch in detail and showing how to enter each Lodge portal. In the mean time that Peak 2 video should suffice.

Video explaining the Lodge Glitch, showing how to enter each Lodge portal:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HUH7GQS0

I did not find this glitch! This poster on GameFAQs did:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessa ... c=48902359
The topic was locked when I saw it, so he couldn't be contacted, but all credit should go to him. He says it's only possible on certain Stations, but you can do it on any.

Last edited by RE Virus on Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:04 pm  Post subject: Re: New big glitch found: Reset timer in Peak Races  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
RE Virus wrote:
Like the topic title says, you can reset the clock. It's so easy that it's amazing that this wasn't found earlier. Just enter any Lodge portal during any Peak Race (or Peak Jam! - infinite points? Gotta try that some time). When you are prompted if you want to enter the Lodge, select No. You'll be reset some distance before the Lodge portal, and the timer will reset as well as if you were at the top of the mountain.

That IS a pretty big one totally, and I'm completely surprised it wasn't found by now. I think the reason it wasn't was because the peak races take so long and thus are not run as often.

Quote:
It's actually easier than it looks in that video. You just have to jump over or otherwise circumvent the Off Limits area surrounding the Lodge portals. Some are very easy, one is very hard, but all portals are accessible.

That is really easy, yeah totally. I suppose it's always best to reset at the lowest Lodge (Green Lodge?) so that you can reset the clock as high as possible.

Quote:
I might make a video explaining the glitch in detail and showing how to enter each Lodge portal. In the mean time that Peak 2 video should suffice.

Would love to host that and also put it on the youtube account as well. :yes

Quote:
I did not find this glitch! This poster on GameFAQs did:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessa ... c=48902359
The topic was locked when I saw it, so he couldn't be contacted, but all credit should go to him. He says it's only possible on certain Stations, but you can do it on any.

If the game wasn't as dead as it was, we would probably have found this before. :yes

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:31 pm  Post subject: Re: New big glitch found: Reset timer in Peak Races  
PSN: crispncrunchy
You said it was cheesy, kinda have to agree.

The game reset your Ubers after the lodge, oh well.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:07 pm  Post subject: Re: New big glitch found: Reset timer in Peak Races  
PSN: KBABZ
I just need to know whether the Metro City-esque lodge is easy to do, then my plan will be complete!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:11 am  Post subject: Re: New big glitch found: Reset timer in Peak Races  
PSN: crispncrunchy
KBABZ wrote:
I just need to know whether the Metro City-esque lodge is easy to do, then my plan will be complete!!

Given that RE first posted a P1 time, I reckon it will be the easier one, why don't you try?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:31 am  Post subject: Re: New big glitch found: Reset timer in Peak Races  
PSN: KBABZ
Not very good at glitching out of walls, to be frank. Is the Snow Jam warp SUPPOSED to be hard?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:12 am  Post subject: Re: New big glitch found: Reset timer in Peak Races  
Gravitude MVP
The Lodge between SJ and Metro/Junction is medium difficulty. Go towards the helipad, then thru the trees past the Transport portal, then wiggle left and right with the analog stick to advance up the course toward the Lodge portal. Then you can race thru the Station plus Metro, skipping Happiness and SJ. I've yet to hit a good time since I don't have the patience with the Metro teleports. It would be an interesting exercise to try to find a way into Junction! I've had no luck yet.

In the All Peak Race you can enter the Lodge after Throne (jump over the portal a bit to the right, then turn around) and then enter KD with IceX's glitch, but this is slower than just using the Peak 2 route of finishing in SM. Thus my APR time is the same as the Peak 2 video, 1:43. A 1:41 is possible on P2/APR.

The Station between RR and SJ is the easiest, just go backwards around the house in the middle and you can effortlessly enter the Lodge portal from behind. IceX tried to find a way into R&B (and Crow's Nest?) to no avail.

In the Station between Intimidator and RR, you can enter the Lodge portal by going backwards on a long green rail, then jumping over the portal and the surrounding Off Limits area. This is the one that's very hard. This one has no use unless you can find a way into Launch Time or Schizophrenia, which I suspect is possible.

Last edited by RE Virus on Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:57 am  Post subject: Re: New big glitch found: Reset timer in Peak Races  
Gravitude MVP
crispncrunchy wrote:
You said it was cheesy, kinda have to agree.

The game reset your Ubers after the lodge, oh well.

If you have superuber when entering the Lodge portal, you will retain full boost! Altho the ubers are still reset (0 ubers but full boost).

gondee wrote:
I suppose it's always best to reset at the lowest Lodge (Green Lodge?) so that you can reset the clock as high as possible.

Not when you can glitch your way into Style Mile and finish there! APR finishing in KD would also be faster than lowest Lodge finishing in Metro.

Here are the Lodge portal glitches in order, from top to bottom of the mountain. (I can never remember the colors names of the Stations).

In the All Peak Race you can enter the Lodge after Throne (jump over the portal a bit to the right, then turn around) and then enter Gravitude (or Kick Doubt with IceX's glitch), but this is slower than just using the Peak 2 route of finishing in SM. Thus my APR time is the same as the Peak 2 video, 1:43.

The Station between Gravitude and Intimidator (or Style Mile with the glitch found by ChaosRacer2) is the one shown in my 1:47 video. It may look tricky in the video, but it's not. In the middle of the little bridge, turn hard right into the Lodge portal.

In the Station between Intimidator and RR, you can enter the Lodge portal by going backwards on a long green rail, then jumping over the portal and the surrounding Off Limits area. This is the one that's very hard. This one has no use unless you can find a way into Launch Time or Schizophrenia, which I suspect is possible.

The Station between RR and SJ is the easiest, just go backwards around the house in the middle and you can effortlessly enter the Lodge portal from behind. IceX tried to find a way into R&B (and Crow's Nest?) to no avail.

The Lodge between SJ and Metro/Junction is medium difficulty. Go towards the helipad, then thru the trees past the Transport portal, then wiggle left and right with the analog stick to advance up the course toward the Lodge portal. Then you can race thru the Station plus Metro, skipping Happiness and SJ. I've yet to hit a good time since I don't have the patience with the Metro teleports. It would be an interesting exercise to try to find a way into Junction! I've had no luck yet.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:01 pm  Post subject: Re: New big glitch: Reset timer in Peak Races (UPDATED w/ video)  
Gravitude MVP
Video showing all Lodge glitches:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HUH7GQS0

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:13 pm  Post subject: Re: New big glitch: Reset timer in Peak Races (UPDATED w/ video)  
Overall Best Players: #1SSX Tricky: Overall: #1Overall Best Players: Racing: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 9
  • Overall Best Players: #1
  • SSX Tricky: Overall: #1
  • Overall Best Players: Racing: #1
  • SSX On Tour: Racing: #2
  • SSX On Tour: Overall: #2
  • SSX (2012): Overall: #2
  • SSX Tricky: Showoff: #3
  • SSX On Tour: Showoff: #3
  • Overall Best Players: Showoff: #3
XBL: SaneThe Legend
:) very nice Re Virus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:55 am  Post subject: Re: New big glitch: Reset timer in Peak Races (UPDATED w/ video)  
I suppose lots of record will be broken in the next months :lol
great find RE :cheers

Last updated: 2015/01/25 13:38

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:49 pm  Post subject: Re: New big glitch: Reset timer in Peak Races (UPDATED w/ video)  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
I wouldn't call it great, just really hilarious. Like the king of glitches for SSX 3 racing. :lol

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:56 pm  Post subject: Re: New big glitch: Reset timer in Peak Races (UPDATED w/ video)  
Gravitude MVP
Feel free to host the Lodge glitch video and/or the Peak 2 race video (rename it to 1.43 if you will).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:08 am  Post subject: Re: New big glitch: Reset timer in Peak Races (UPDATED w/ video)  
Just tried the Reset timer in peak jam. it works too but the game resets your score too.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:26 am  Post subject: Re: New big glitch: Reset timer in Peak Races (UPDATED w/ video)  
Gravitude MVP
Legend_armlet wrote:
Just tried the Reset timer in peak jam. it works too but the game resets your score too.

Ah, thanks for that info. Did you try entering the Lodge portal with SUPERUBER? There's a small chance that the score may not reset in that case (since the boost doesn't reset).

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:36 pm  Post subject: Re: New big glitch: Reset timer in Peak Races (UPDATED w/ video)  
PSN: Kubi-ssx
I Did Peak 2 Race With All Those Glitches And I Got... [hide]1:45![/hide]
:D

Edit:
If I Calculate What I Did Wrong, It Sums Up To About 1:38-39! :jawdrop

I Jumped Entering The Style Mile Area Which Took Off About 2 Seconds So 1:45-2=1:43, And I Auto-Reseted Myself At 12,000 pts. Which Is One 180 Too Much Which Takes Off About 4-5 Secs. So 1:43-3 (Or) 4=1:38 (Or) 1:39! :rock

IT'S IN MY RANGE NOW!!! :woot :woot :woot

Sad You Can't Have Replays. :cry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:41 pm  Post subject: Re: New big glitch: Reset timer in Peak Races (UPDATED w/ video)  
Gravitude MVP
Kubi wrote:
I Auto-Reseted Myself At 12,000 pts. Which Is One 180 Too Much Which Takes Off About 4-5 Secs.

One 180 takes off exactly 1.5 seconds. But good job; 1:45 is not bad.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 17 posts ]