Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:20 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 8:46 pm  Post subject: The OPM SSX 3 Demo  
Yes, I know some people played the real thing, I read the post. But of course, alot of us didn't have the liberty of playing it... so this is my take on the demo.

There were definitely alot of glitches (it's a VERY early version). Once I fell through the level, and I got caught inside of a rock. I couldn't even reset myself out. The magazine stated they had a better version, and I believe they were correct. The snow was alot smoother (it kinda looked like dirt in the demo, just not... dirt color), and so were the characters. It did have the true SSX style, though. You know, you're crusing along at 60-70 MPH, and you decide to hold up to go faster, and you crash. Pure SSX style.

The tricks truly looked real. The only problem is landing them. It's not a problem, actually. They're too real, now. So your body has to kind of be back in its "no grab, just falling" stance, before you land. No more letting go when you're half an inch from the ground.

The only two selectable characters were Allegra and Mac. A pill, and a burger from McDonald's. (*BADUM CHING*) You couldn't finish a full run, because you were on a timer right when you started something. Whether it was a race, slopestyle, big air... it'd count down from 10, after a short amount of time.

And that's about it. Remember, it's a very early version (the demo said it was "pre-alpha", so I'm guessing the actual version is beyond better.

While I'm at it, is there any certain reasons my time wasn't accepted? I'm not complaining, I was just wondering if maybe it's alot harder than it looks/it takes time/you just didn't get it. Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:59 am  Post subject:   
Its not a timer when you start an event... The whole thing is on a timer. So you could stay at the to[p of the mountain and still run out of time. I believe that pre alpha means before beta. Meaning nobody has tested it? (I think)

Anyways the demo is still a nice tid bit to help me wait for the release date.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 1:01 pm  Post subject:   
So much Glitches but so much fun :heh

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]