Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:30 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 229  Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:09 am  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Okay, uploaded badbrad's video:

http://www.merqurycity.com/masters/movi ... m_2.24.zip

Thanks Brad! :china

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:37 am  Post subject:   
soild run BB. i'm assuming you passed up the faster way to do the bottom for reasons of not wanting to give all the secrets away? :) (since i know you have a better time than what we see in that run)

by the by, I noticed something in your run and while I had assumed most people knew this, maybe not..... if you have Level1 uber and go off a jump, you won't officially go up to Level2 until you land (unless you pull of a rail uber, which count instantly). But pretend you already have U-B-E spelled out. If you go off a jump and pull off 4 ubers, not only will they all be Level1 uber's still (so they're fast to pull off) but you'll get the R in uber AND fill out S-U-P on the Level2 credit. It's a great way to plow up to L3 as fast as possible near the beginning of a track since on certain jumps I've invested a little extra hangtime going straight from L1 to L3 uber in a single jump.

Just thought I'd mention it. Now I need to clean up my current best run (2:22) to close in on your 2:10. ugh :thumbsup :wink speaking of which, how many select tricks do you use on the 2:10? I know of a few (tho none were used in my 2:22), just wondering which ones you were utilizing for that insane time. :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:57 am  Post subject:   
EA BIG Team Member
Quote:
by the by, I noticed something in your run and while I had assumed most people knew this, maybe not..... if you have Level1 uber and go off a jump, you won't officially go up to Level2 until you land...

Yeah, I use this on some tracks, like Ruthless Ridge. Someone was asking for a decent run, so I whipped one up. My favorite part was near the end when I railslided the falling tree. Almost looks like I tried to do that on purpose. lol

I am being tight lipped for the time being on the select tricks and such for this track. I stumbled across some "doozies" and I don't want to say at the moment. It's too bad, it's more fun watching a 2:24 run than a 2:10 run, if you know what I mean, the race looks uh... too disjointed.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:59 am  Post subject:   
well can you at least tell us how many select tricks you do? i know on that 360 degree turn near the end you can just go to the right of that little hut and be sucked down right into the end of the tunnel. you do that?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 12:04 pm  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
:lol Just do what FBX does - take a few hours and push Select on each track assiduously and find out where they all are, lol. He hates it but he's better at it than he likes to admit.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 3:05 pm  Post subject:   
gondee, on M2M how in the world do you get 600k?? :china :eek is there a 10x there cuase if there is i could definatly get 500k... if you could make a vid :cheers

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 5:54 pm  Post subject:   
BadBrad wrote:
I am being tight lipped for the time being on the select tricks and such for this track. I stumbled across some "doozies" and I don't want to say at the moment. It's too bad, it's more fun watching a 2:24 run than a 2:10 run, if you know what I mean, the race looks uh... too disjointed.

Not to let anything out too soon ;) But i Allready posted about this in the ssx3 records thread. "doozies" is a light term i think Brad hehe :) 2:10 is a fantastic score for this map even with the fortunate magic :wink

GJ again and.. Great vid btw man. :cheers

Atleast partially updated scores:
http://f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/aer ... SX&.view=l
Merqurycity records-
http://www.merqurycity.com/ssx3/scorebo ... frame.html

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:10 pm  Post subject:   
Thanks for the vid Brad.
It's cool to watch all these videos, I can pretend that I am doing well. :wink
I will improve one day if I can bribe rails and trees to stop from attacking me.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 5:32 am  Post subject:   
Krycek wrote:
I will improve one day if I can bribe rails and trees to stop from attacking me.

lol :heh

Very nice run, BadBrad. Thanks for submitting it!! :china :china

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 7:14 am  Post subject:   
gimme the juice gondee, i want the smurph... aaarrrrgghgh :mad

sorry, all cracked out on alchoholic energy drinks right, now, havent slept yet,

:eek

yesterday way last day of classes this semester.. whooooo!!!! :cheers

ohh yeah, gimme the smurph!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :poke

"Don't ask me to lose cause im born now to win, and im building this mountain from outside within. All you outsiders, you haters, you liars, you're time is just counting so come meet the mountain. Move fast, cause the time is short." (Devil Driver)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:15 am  Post subject:   
PSN: J_smurph
lol You want the Smurph huh LOL well you just have to ask nicely LOLOLOLOLOL :devil

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:10 am  Post subject:   
PSN: J_smurph
hey ppl if you guys can make a master run for gravitude i would really like to know how to beat 2:30 and also how to get to the tunnel around at 80%

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:21 am  Post subject:   
Forbidden wrote:
gondee, on M2M how in the world do you get 600k?? :china :eek is there a 10x there cuase if there is i could definatly get 500k... if you could make a vid :cheers

I can tell you!

It's something like:

Do a 30x combo and get full boost before you start down.

Take the first jump, do four l1 tricks.

On the next jump, do one big 30k MT, then do the same 30K MT to late 180, landing on the bottom (there's enough time)

Do a MT on the way back up to the top on the next jump.

Zip across the next short little bit.

I think the next jump is also big enough to do 30k MT to 30kMT, but that's just speculation.

Do it all in one combo.

The most important parts to start with are doing a 30x combo before starting, then 4 L1 ubers off the first jump, such that for the next jump, you get to do a L2 uber. Then start throwing MT's in.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 12:36 pm  Post subject:   
PSN: S-h-a-f-t
still waiting on a Snow jam run video under 2:15 :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 12:47 pm  Post subject:   
unless someone is willing to give away where the select trick(s) is/are, you're prolly not gonna see one. Pretty sure 2:15 isn't attainable without using them

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 1:26 pm  Post subject:   
Ravage wrote:
unless someone is willing to give away where the select trick(s) is/are, you're prolly not gonna see one. Pretty sure 2:15 isn't attainable without using them

I think it would be possible. My 2:16.383 online was done without any select tricks. And I think with a little more practice, I could take the same route and get a 2:15. But even if 2:16 is the limit for that line with stats at 8, I'm sure I'd be at or under 2:15 playing offline with the higher stats.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 1:28 pm  Post subject:   
Im 99% positive FBX and BadBrad said no select tricks on snowjam.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 1:44 pm  Post subject:   
can someone PLEASE make a 2:12 snowjam run! or a 2:13 im not picky. I just need to see the line taken. I know alot of little nuances thatll lower my time but my best is 2:16 (or was it 2:15 i dont remember) and im afraid that those last 4 seconds are just perfecting the course, which would piss me off, im hoping im just taking the wrong route somewhere. Also for those of you with 2:12 (FBX, BadBrad, Aeroth) what are some of the mental checkpoints you have throughout the course?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 2:07 pm  Post subject:   
Ravage wrote:

Yes.. it is.

Cpd wrote :
Quote:
Also for those of you with 2:12 (FBX, BadBrad, Aeroth) what are some of the mental checkpoints you have throughout the course?

Honestly, This is the kind of map where you buckle down on everything.. milliseconds count. I'd like to say that my main mental checkpoints have been getting ~50 seconds dropping into the fog forest, and probably, as brad said; getting out of the forest at 1:17 i believe it was. Again, this is the first map where i've been workng to make checkpoints almost every chance i see them. :dead

Edit: for cpds quote, i saw later after i posted :frusty

Merqurycity records-

Last edited by Aeroth on Tue Dec 02, 2003 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 2:12 pm  Post subject:   
ok im just gonna dedicate myself to snowjam. maybe this entire week. Im determined to get 2:12. and to see if 2:11 is possible (for anyone besides FBX :P).

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 2:15 pm  Post subject:   
Cpd4224 wrote:
ok im just gonna dedicate myself to snowjam. maybe this entire week. Im determined to get 2:12. and to see if 2:11 is possible (for anyone besides FBX :P).

Good spirit Cpd! This is what it will take from now on to start to attepmt some times. about 2:11... i wont state that i have it, but im not saying i havn't gotten it either.. :wink

Merqurycity records-

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 2:20 pm  Post subject:   
Try this Much-2-Much run...

1. Start out of the gate, turn right immediately and jump to the fence, immediately begin doing 180s while on the fence. You should come off the fence with full boost and a 15-20x combo (you do not need a 30x combo because it's more important to have enough time for sections 3-5).

2. Do 4 Misty Flipped Level One ubers off the next jump on the right side.

3. When you land, aim yourself to go directly straight up the jump. Do a 30K Monster Trick, stall it for most of the trick.

4. When you land back on the same jump going back up the hill, do a 20K Monster Trick.

5. When you come back down towards the jump again, this time do it normal, do 2 30K Monster Tricks and land on the other side.

6. Aim towards the jump on the right, do the other 30K Monster Trick to the top level of the track. If you get enough air, stall the trick a little bit.

7. As soon as you land on top, boost and jump at the very end of the jump and quickly do a 20K Monster Trick (yes, you do have enough time if your fast enough).

8. On the last jump, only with 9 second Big Air, you can do a 30K Monster Trick and TWO 20K Monster Tricks worth around 110K.

This, my friends, will land you 1 million on Much-2-Much!!!

Enjoy!!!

PD~

Last edited by PD~ on Tue Dec 02, 2003 2:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 2:20 pm  Post subject:   
Quote:
i wont state that i have it, but im not saying i havn't gotten it either..

Uhhhh ok? I think i know what you mean. when i was doing happiness I KNEW that 2:24 was possible yet i kept getting 2:25 over and over. I knew i could get it it was just a matter of time. Is that what youre talking about? like you know for a fct you can get 2:11 you just havent gotten it yet? also when you say "Out of the forest" what exact point do you mean? You fall off the the left side of the long log/rail shortcut at the end right? isnt that faster?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 2:26 pm  Post subject:   
I am still going for that 2:24 but i swear on my mother grave I won't quiet that track till i get it. :cheers

Happiness-2:25
Ruthless-2:40
The Throne-2:16

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 2:41 pm  Post subject:   
LOL good luck! and PD~ i KNEW you had to go back up the track on that jump i just wast sure what the best way to exploit it was. Thanks for the info. If i wasnt dedicating my entire week to snowjam i just might give this a try. :heh

Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 229  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 11 of 229 [ 5722 posts ]  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 229