Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:04 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1 ... 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229  Next
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:52 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
SSX 3: Showoff: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX 3: Showoff: #1
Hello my Bros! i'm here to share two amazing runs with you ( i hope you don't mind Mystic, but Merq totally need see this..
amazing improvements at two slopestyles tracks

and

I clearly can see a 8M run at KD and 10M run at SM for you man, keep it up

and a little bump from drawing wolf too

i think that this dude is a kind of talent, and he need and deserves of attention guys and hints too... i already say to hin join at merq, i don't know if he did it or not...

and 898ppp have a HAPPY birthday my friend, i hope see more action from you soon XD

and QP, really nice perp run man, i'm wait to see a full-fast low jumps X-X method perp. run from you man XD I know that you can do that and surpass the 5,5M barrier

take care my bros!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:34 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
SSX Tricky: Racing: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Tricky: Racing: #1
  • SSX: Showoff: #3
no words....

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:40 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
Hi mskk001 and xcon:

Hi mskk001, Thank you for your kind words, My Friend! I am working on a 23 X-X line (i.e., 21 Fast X-X's and 2 No-Boost X-X's) that will allow me to hit 5.5 M+ points on a Perpendiculous run. When I achieve my objective, I will dedicate that particular run, along with four dedicatory poems, to my late father.

Hi xcon, Congratulations on achieving a new WR in a Metro-City run!

Take care, Both of You!

Best Wishes to Both of You!
QuotidianPerfection

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:54 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
hello guys, i brought some news, still on backcountry scene, two new scores (i did some weeks ago)

and

i feel like i can go a litle bit further on both, i will have more time to play now on december, so i will try this soon :D how are doing your work on this game guys?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:28 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
  • SSX Tricky: Showoff: #2
  • SSX Tricky: Overall: #2
Fliper, runs soon please?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:25 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
I just want to add, it´s perfectly understandable if you don´t want to upload every new improvement. I can just speak for myself, but I like to see new runs regardless of the rate of improvement in between them :)

Been playing a little SSX 1 lately, since I started doing worse at 3. Things are not exactly going smooth in that game either, but then again I haven´t fully adjusted to that game.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:26 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
9EDDY2 wrote:
Fliper, runs soon please?

ahh, of course Bro :D i just working on some new-easy-strats before post something, i feel like i can go a little bit further...

9EDDY2 wrote:
I just want to add, it´s perfectly understandable if you don´t want to upload every new improvement. I can just speak for myself, but I like to see new runs regardless of the rate of improvement in between them :)

Been playing a little SSX 1 lately, since I started doing worse at 3. Things are not exactly going smooth in that game either, but then again I haven´t fully adjusted to that game.

I also love to see new runs too, as you said , regardless of the improvement.. but don't worry about the 3, i get bored or crappy sometimes at this game, but is normal, unfortunately (or fortunately) our brain is not a machine, so that can happen sometimes :D i hope that you are enjoying this end of the year!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:40 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
Hi fliper:

Your 7.2 M+ point Ruthless and The Throne Jam runs are incredible. Now, go for 7.2 M+ points on a Happiness Jam run to make it a 7.2 M+ Back Country Jam run trifecta.

Recently, I came dangerously close to breaking my 5,310, 820 point Perpendiculous run (my score was 5,258,382 points with two X-SA's and no X-SA-SA's. I estimate that, had I turned two more Fast X-X's, I would have scored at least 5,324,382 points on the run. The run itself is a Christmas / new Year's run and comes complete with two dedicatory poems, one to everyone and one specifically written for my mother. The run contains an awesome theme track. Tell me if you want to see it and I will upload it to YouTube. (Unfortunately, I'm still working on getting my timing down so that I can turn almost all Fast X-X's during a Perpendiculous run.)

Take care, and Merry Christmas / Happy New Year's, My Friend!

Best Wishes, and God Bless You!
QuotidianPerfection

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:51 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
QuotidianPerfection wrote:
Hi fliper:

Your 7.2 M+ point Ruthless and The Throne Jam runs are incredible. Now, go for 7.2 M+ points on a Happiness Jam run to make it a 7.2 M+ Back Country Jam run trifecta.

Recently, I came dangerously close to breaking my 5,310, 820 point Perpendiculous run (my score was 5,258,382 points with two X-SA's and no X-SA-SA's. I estimate that, had I turned two more Fast X-X's, I would have scored at least 5,324,382 points on the run. The run itself is a Christmas / new Year's run and comes complete with two dedicatory poems, one to everyone and one specifically written for my mother. The run contains an awesome theme track. Tell me if you want to see it and I will upload it to YouTube. (Unfortunately, I'm still working on getting my timing down so that I can turn almost all Fast X-X's during a Perpendiculous run.)

Take care, and Merry Christmas / Happy New Year's, My Friend!

Best Wishes, and God Bless You!
QuotidianPerfection

hello QP and everyone :D

of course my friend, i will give another shoot on happinees jam on the future, but now i'm working on others tracks.. i made a video showing some MT sequences that i'm trying recently... is not a run, but i will brought something here soon i promisse :thumbsup I wish a happy ending of year to all of you guys !

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:04 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
Hi fliper:

You're welcome, My Friend, and thank you for your kind words!

Be sure to read my brief review of your R&B , Ruthless jam, Throne jam and Kick Doubt strats - SSX3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmuULLe2nuE.

Here is my Christmas / New Year's Perpendiculous run: PERPENDICULOUS SSX3 5,258,382 POINTS--CHRISTMAS / NEW YEAR'S DEDICATION--(2016-17--READ DESCRIPTION): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbMGcpn6yqU. Unfortunately, my original track which I used for the run, "The Immigrant Song," performed by Led Zepplin, was blocked due to copyright infringement and, therefore, I was forced to pick a song from AudioSwap. The track I chose is called "Eyes on You," and is performed by the pop band Network 415. If you still desire to see my initial Perpendiculous run, whose theme is "The Immigrant Song," please send a PM with your email and I will send you mine as well (the video file of my Perpendiculous run will be in the attachment).

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
QP

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:44 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
hello QP and every one :D

QP, that really sucks, the copyright is a big problem to small youtubers , I already have a lot of videos blocked by copyright.. and really nice perp run, i really liked of this video, the music that you put is awesome, i did a comment on YT about this btw ^^

now, some action on slopestyle again guys, i confess that was a unoxpected run,a true shot of lucky... but i worked a lot on this track, and pay off XD i hope that all of you enjoy!

ps: i used a hard driver that i buy to record this run, this hard driver allow me play on my ps2 and record without the PC, the quality is better but seens like the fps is hinder.. well, maybe be a problem of renderization..

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:29 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
Hi fliper:

You're welcome, My Friend, and thank you for your kind words!

Fortunately, I have had a chance to watch your phenomenal 9.883 R & B point run on YouTube; however, I think that just one improvement will permit you to land a score in the 10 M point range on an R & B run. For the advice, see my commentary on your run here: ssx3 R&B 9,883M LIVE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F9LXt-sRXg.

Whenever I do Perpendiculous runs, I always loop a soundtrack of my choice over it. If the video is blocked due to copyright infringement, then I simply synchronize it to a track which I select from YouTube's Audio Swap. Nevertheless, I am thankful that you found my "substitution" track an effective one to loop over a Perpendiculous run.

Happy Holidays,
QP

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:28 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
Hi guys!

Was intending to reply sooner, but anyways, great improvements from you guys! Your 9.88 R&B run is such a spectacular performance fliper, I can't even imagine the psychological pressure in such a run, alongside the obvious, your insane skills. Mystic, I am now convinced you can do a 10 million SM run. SA-X in the beginning there is display of really good skills! QP, as stated before: I'm really impressed with your persistence when it comes to Perp., and you're one of the reasons I keep trying to play somewhat competetively, despite my skills continually declining (KD was an exception for some odd reason)I look at videos I did one year ago and I certainly could do more advanced MT sequences back then. As an examples, SA-SA-X through last 5x in SM is very hard, but now it seems impossible to do again.

And if you wondered, I'm sure it's not the controller, it's me. I have a theory that I somehow managed to develop bad habits that would consequentally transfer to my muscle memory- I mean, I never really got HOW you FC for instance. I know it theoretically, but in practice, I don't know when to lightly double tap L1/R1/L2/R2. I don't have in "gefühl", as they say in German, or just a general feel of when to FC, so when I do it, it's not skills, it's LUCK. Just wanted to point that out. My spins are also less consistant, many failed MTs because of that. Any help, if can be given, is greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:33 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
Eddy, It's certanily possible to practice bad habits, and in the end learn "wrong". With instrumnets, you can practice the wrong technique and have that become part of your muscle-memory, so I'm sure the same can happen in any areas where practice is involved.
For instance, I tend to practice in freeride, and when I do (unless I practice one specific jump), I might try out the line I've practiced and even if I mess up a jump or don't land the intended mt sequence, I continue anyway and I'm pretty convinced that, in the end, it makes me comfortable making mistakes.
Of course, what applies to one person might not apply to others so I think it's about finding a good routine/balance between practicing and doing runs.

About FC, remember that I told you it's about developing a feel for it as well as being able to tell with your eyes? I guess in addition to that, the point at which you want to tap R1 is when you let go of the grab, or a splitsecond later if I'm not mistaken. So that is something more concret to look for/get the feel for. So in an X for instance, you let go of the grab (executioner?), tap R1 (or button of choice) twice, and start the next mt. I'm sure the other guys can expand/ improve on what I said.
Again, I can only tell you of my experiences, but the way I learned FC is me doing X-SA-SA in the junction. I can't do that without FC, so if I landed the X-SA-SA I could tell I did FC correctly. So, practice really tight jumps that you can't do normally, that way you know for sure you're doing FC correctly.

If you keep at it, eventually FC will come naturally to you, and I think overall you're just having a bit of bad luck right now (Do norwegian have the word "svacka"? :P ). Give it a bit of time, do some runs and things will start to pick up again.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:30 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
Hey 9EDDY, thank you for that, is nice see you here again!

9EDDY2 wrote:
And if you wondered, I'm sure it's not the controller, it's me. I have a theory that I somehow managed to develop bad habits that would consequentally transfer to my muscle memory

definitely,Your diet, and especially the consumption of alcohol, greatly influences performance, memory, and anything you want to do in your life (i mean, even when you're not drunken hehe) ^^ good nights sleep are also indispensable for good results, (in KD, when I tried 9M, I was stuck at 8.99M, I hit twice 8.995M and an 8.996M and at this time I was sleeping about 4 hours sleep a night, I killed hours of sleep to be able to play btw hehe but when my ps2 Broke, I took a week or two of break, I rested my mind and came back I hit "easily" 9.096M), so this is very important!

9EDDY2 wrote:
And if you wondered, I'm sure it's not the controller, it's me.

maybe yes, maybe not, but i think that this is another important "barrier" to you man, the controller of Xbox is a nightmare do to spin consistently, i think that if you have a chance, take a ps2 to play, is not expensive, i say this because in the last month or so, Nigel appear in a Rithek's stream and say that now he got a ps2 and is better/easer to play, so you should think about it ;)

9EDDY2 wrote:
I never really got HOW you FC for instance. I know it theoretically, but in practice, I don't know when to lightly double tap L1/R1/L2/R2. I don't have in "gefühl", as they say in German, or just a general feel of when to FC, so when I do it, it's not skills, it's LUCK. Just wanted to point that out. My spins are also less consistant, many failed MTs because of that. Any help, if can be given, is greatly appreciated.

well, Mystic describes so nicely how to do , but is basicaly this, you finished to spin, some splits seconds after that (after you Release the directional, but the character still spinning at TV), you tap two times the R1 fast and soft, and just after that, without any wait start spinning your second MT, so you need find the correct time by yourself, but basically is this: when your rider is to finish the spin , you tap R1, and will be the exactly time that the rider finish the first spin and you alread start the second MT spin, in other words , the right time to tap the R1, is when your rider is doing the last frontflip or backflip, and then when he finishes the spin and stabilizes the posture again, you'll already be able to start your second MT (like in the Superpipes - pipe efect).
you can see clearly what i mean if you watch cerefull this video , see how 898ppp do the FC , just look at the controller display when he do the first X-X jump... (Mystic , look and see that He do the FC even when is with the pipe efect :P )

but besides all of this 9EDDY, the practice is the most important thing, so if you don't practice even if is a little bit recently, is normal you feel the skills decline, but if this is what's happen, you should find something to Inspire, motivate you to play, this happens to me, I usually play listening music, and when I'm a little bored with the game or with a specific track in the game, I "depend" on some music that I like in the moment I'm playing, If it's not a good music, I play badly .. maybe this is happening to you...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:36 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
Thanks for your input, both of you.

When I read your explanations about how to do FC and look at 898ppp´s controller, it strikes me that I must be doing it quite wrong. I will especially keep in mind the part about letting go of the grab before FCing.

Fliper, I´m glad you brought up the point about lifestyle. I don´t drink much, but have bad sleeping habits, which obviously isn´t good for learning.

Mystic, I don´t know what "svacka" means, but I guess I´m "svacka" then, if one could say that? :lol

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:27 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
Hello Everyone :D first of all, I wish a merry christimas to all of you < i hope that you have a lot of good food and fun XD, and i just hit this score today...

Daggy (898ppp) reveal to me a new path that he's discovered on this track that allow more Mt's in the pipe, that's make a HUGE difference, to bad that i lost a SA in the way but's okay, who know next time, 7,7M is really possible with this.. i hope that all of you guys enjoy :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:14 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
Hey guys! sorry for the double post! i just did this today, just fix some parts of my last SM run, and i really happy with this, a good way to end this year ;) I wish a happy new year to all!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:47 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Master runs Update - 12.30.16

• Style Mile - 11.17 million by fliper
  • Metro City Breakdown - 1:31 by 898ppp
  • Throne - 7.66 million by fliper
  • Happiness - 7.17 million by fliper
  • R&B - 9.88 million fliper by Fri
  • Launch Time - 2.00 million by 898ppp
  • Schizophrenia - 4.39 million by 898ppp
  • Junction - 4.55 million by Rastapo
  • Peak 1 Race - 7:01 by 898ppp
  • Intimidator - 1:53 by 898ppp
  • All Peak Race - 17:16 by 898ppp
  • Kick Doubt - 9.17 million by 898ppp
  • Throne - 2:06 by 898ppp
  • Happiness - 2:18 by 898ppp
  • Gravitude: Wormhole - 1:46 by 898ppp
  • Snow Jam - 2:07 by 898ppp
You guys have really been kicking ass the last few months! I'm especially impressed when you beat keoiprogenitor's TAS runs! :yes :pimp

I wanted to get an update out before the end of the year. I know it's been a really long time. My next post will explain why it's taken me so long and what I'm going to change to fix that. :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:38 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
Hey Gondee thank you so much for that update :china is nice see you around here, i'm looking foward for your next post ! :yes

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:57 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
Happy New Year guys!

Fliper and Mystic, both of you continue to improve at very impressive rates. Mystic, when you come back to R&B you can make some improvements quite easily. Replace the X in the beginning with SA-SA, then do an X at 0:38, and do a SA-X at 0:46.

I wonder what 2017 will bring..

Great to see an update gondee :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:22 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
Happy new year, Eddy :)
Fliper really has gone all out in this game recently and that is really great to see.

About R&B, right after I did that run I started to incorporate that beginning that you suggested. SA-SA x3, SA x5, AS x3, X along with some other improvements that could give me upwards of 8,5~8,7 depending on the ending. The SA-SA through the first x10 was a mere accident though, I'm always going for SA-X but there's that aweful bump right before the x10 that screws me up more then I like :P

How about you? Have you played any as of late? Any progress on FC? :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:49 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
No progress for me I´m afraid :(

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:14 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
9EDDY2 wrote:
No progress for me I´m afraid :(

You still have that feeling of having developed bad habits?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:39 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
Yes, and because of that I'm playing less, my motivation just isn't there any longer. A downwords spiral I guess. And with everything in life, the better you become at anything the more it takes to improve from where you currently are. I guess I've come to the point where my effort doesn't match what I realistically can achieve.

So to sum it up, I guess it's a combination of a lot of things, it's really hard to say. I can't give you any better answer than that.

But don't get me wrong, I'm sure one day my skills will catch up again.

Go to page Previous  1 ... 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 226 of 229 [ 5722 posts ]  1 ... 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229