Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:43 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 229  Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 6:43 pm  Post subject:   
fbx, just wanted to say i hope you weren't referring to my comments on select-users in thinking i meant them at you personally. I respect your skills, and was stating my point of view. I never said I was better than anyone, but simply said that if given a competition I would lose solely to select-restarts, then so be it I will accept the loss.

If you weren't responding to my post, then please disregard this one as well :china

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 8:08 pm  Post subject:   
FirebrandX wrote:
I guess I'm the only one that is not overwhelmed by the video, because it in fact misses severel key strategic shortcuts that I use.

Hehehe, I never tried to pretend it was optimal. In fact, I have a little chuckle everytime I read "I have the exact same path". C'mon though ya gotta admit, it's a good run for that path :)

Good to have you back FBX. I hope everything works out for you.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 5:51 am  Post subject:   
I really love those master runs. It´s really good to see, how perfect a run could be. It´s very motivating. But for some reasons I can´t watch all master runs. Happiness and Metro City don´t work for me. I only see black. the audio works. I ´m using a mac with the newest windows media player. Any ideas?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 5:59 am  Post subject:   
Hellkate, it's been raised before, but on a Windows machine the latest WMP (version 9) will run them, guess it is some new streaming format. Maybe the creators of these clips can shed some light on what they used to compress it, so we can avoid this format. :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 7:29 am  Post subject:   
gondee, i just watched the much2much vid and i was wondering why you didnt lockstep through the last bonus???

im sure you've gotten much better points wise, just curious though.

"Don't ask me to lose cause im born now to win, and im building this mountain from outside within. All you outsiders, you haters, you liars, you're time is just counting so come meet the mountain. Move fast, cause the time is short." (Devil Driver)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 1:10 pm  Post subject:   
Quote:
im sure you've gotten much better points wise, just curious though.

I believe he made this video back whe ssx3 first came out and he much like most of us (including me) thought that you got more points for doing more ubers, not holding one. We were so used to doing things in tricky. Am i right?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 1:54 pm  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
I did that video, like, 10 hours into playing SSX 3, heheh. It's more like a tutorial video than anything else. I should probably replace it with something else, but right now if it does the trick that's fine with me.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 10:37 pm  Post subject:   
XBL: aXxWallz
PSN: aXxWallz
FBX, you keep saying that the vid was just a tutorial, not a master run. Why don't you post you REAL crazy run and let us see you racing glory?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 10:49 pm  Post subject:   
He just wants to keep it a secret, Wallz. He even said somewhere.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 10:50 pm  Post subject:   
Yeah I cant see them all either, was keen to see the Throne but it comes up with error.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 11:31 pm  Post subject:   
Most likely you guys are on Macintosh, right?

Macintosh only has WIndows Codec version 7.0 available for it, so you can only watch the movies if they are encoded with that (the ones I encode are encoded with 7.0.) The ones that you can't watch are encoded with version 9. Version 9.0 is only available for PC, unfortunately. If you can't watch it and you are on a PC, let Windows auto-download the 9.0 codec.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 5:05 am  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
gondee wrote:

Macintosh only has WIndows Codec version 7.0 available for it, so you can only watch the movies if they are encoded with that (the ones I encode are encoded with 7.0.) The ones that you can't watch are encoded with version 9. Version 9.0 is only available for PC, unfortunately. If you can't watch it and you are on a PC, let Windows auto-download the 9.0 codec.

Not true...

For the longest time, I couldn't view half of the WMV files that you gave out gondee... I would always have to have gamingnerd convert them to mpg for me... Not anymore though... All I did was download WMP 9 and boom.. Everything is a ok..

But, if that does not work for most of you.. If you have OS X or later, download video lan client, or vlc for short... Plays most mpg, mpg2, avi, wmv..

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 7:02 am  Post subject:   
Nate-In-The-Flesh
  • SSX: Overall: #3
PSN: grandmort
Actually yes, I checked again and there is now a WMP 9.0 available for Mac OS X!
(So Gondee, good news, I'm finally able to see those Happiness and City race movies...)
It works great actually and, FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, I actually think WMP movies can look pretty damn clean! (Lol, ask Gondee, he knows how much I used to hate WMP...)
Actually, if your reduce a WMP movie to 50% of its original onscreen size, it looks incredibly sharp! ...small, but sharp!
Maybe this is all because of the new 9.0 encoding, I don't know but I was actually quite impressed! (It was about time for Microsoft to improve their player though, and since I could only try it under Mac OS X, maybe it's really only the newest Apple OS that I have to be thankful to!)

:)

MrChaos:
<b>How in the hell does gamingnerd convert WMP to MPG?!?!?</b>

You (he) have to explain it to me here! I would be HIGHLY interested!!!
<i>(...And Gondee now goes, "OH NO! Grandmort is going to try to convert every single Master Run Movie we have on the site!" - Lol! No, no Gondee, no worries there...)</i>

Also, hahaha MrChaos, you have Video Lan too!!!
Great application to capture DVD screenshots and read all kinds of movie files, I love it!
(Though I must say, I tried VLC and those 2 Master Runs I previously couldn't opened, and that didn't work either...)

Oh well, anyway...

APPLE RULES!
LONG LIVE THE MAC! :cheers

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 7:09 am  Post subject:   
i can't tell you how to convert to mpg on the mac, but on windows I use a lovely little program called TMpegEnc for all my mpg needs. It doesn't work with EVERY file format under the sun, but it sure handles most of them. And anything that doesn't work with it, I have other programs for converting foreign file formats (like quicktime movies) into avi's which i then pump through TMpegEnc :)

I tend to make a decent amount of VCD's, hence why I've used the program a bunch. In fact, I took the entire first season of RedVsBlue and burned it to VCD so i could show it to my friends easier than having to get on their computer and download everything to watch it :) heh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 7:41 am  Post subject:   
Nate-In-The-Flesh
Cool! Thanks for the info Ravage!

Actually, if you have time some day, I would be really curious to see mrking's Happiness race movie or ssx4ever's City race converted from WMP to MPG movies (or .avi) with your application.

Let me know if that would be posssible...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 7:43 am  Post subject:   
sure, it wouldnt take me any time at all really. just understand that mpeg's are a LOT bigger than wmv's. (if i remember correctly, a ~9M wmv balloons to ~23M in mpg format. I would have to test what it came out to in avi). But I can do that for ya tonight most likely

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 8:18 am  Post subject:   
Nate-In-The-Flesh
Yeah, you are right!
I know Quicktime files always end up bigger on my Mac (though I have the Sorenson Video Pro Codec for compression...)

You don't have to do a whole movie actually, maybe just a few sequences or something like that... It would be interesting to see the differences in the light zones and in the dark zones, that kind of stuff...

Thanks a lot anyway and no rush! Do this whenever you can...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 8:20 am  Post subject: Macintoshi  
Note for the Macintosh folks. If you have OS X (10.1.5 is just fine), you can get WMP 9. But to open the download, you must be running the newest version of Stuffit Expander, since otherwise your Macintosh will have no idea what to do with a .sitx file. I've played all the vids on my Mac just fine.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:32 am  Post subject:   
many thanx @ antimony. I just downloaded the wmp 9 for osx and it works. its great to see those other masterruns finally.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:38 am  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
grandmort wrote:
MrChaos:
<b>How in the hell does gamingnerd convert WMP to MPG?!?!?</b>

You (he) have to explain it to me here! I would be HIGHLY interested!!!
<i>(...And Gondee now goes, "OH NO! Grandmort is going to try to convert every single Master Run Movie we have on the site!" - Lol! No, no Gondee, no worries there...)</i>

I believe he uses a PC only application entitled TMPEGenc... Very useful... Can convert just about anything into just about anything...

grandmort wrote:
Also, hahaha MrChaos, you have Video Lan too!!!
Great application to capture DVD screenshots and read all kinds of movie files, I love it!
(Though I must say, I tried VLC and those 2 Master Runs I previously couldn't opened, and that didn't work either...)

Oh well, anyway...

APPLE RULES!
LONG LIVE THE MAC! :cheers

I totally agree... Panther is quite the beast on all of my Macs :D Especially the Flat Panel iMac/Powerbook G4..

VLC is quite the excellent program... It is really helpful when it comes to playing .avi.... While wmv files usually work on VLC, those two wouldn't work... I guess Microsoft is good at somthing :eek (who would have known)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 12:28 pm  Post subject:   
I was thinking of doing a few vids on the missing race runs (if no one else is in progress of doing so), if I dig up my old capture card. I set it aside awhile back while waiting for WinXP drivers for it, and it never made it into the new rig.

My question before I begin is: What would the ideal format be, and what codec is everyone most likely to have? I know the size/quality of divx is getting better, but some people still don't use it. Let me know if there's a consensus, and I'll look into fixing up the home rig over the weekend. It shouldn't take long to get the replays coded or to do new runs in realtime.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 12:31 pm  Post subject:   
PSN: S-h-a-f-t
i reallllly want to see a run on Snow Jam under 2:15

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:13 pm  Post subject:   
I've known about TMPGEnc almost since I started doing music vids. When FBX sends me footage I put into music vids, I transfer it over from WMV to MPG.

The reason I didn't put all the files on the site into MPG is simple, once again. Size, and size only. For two 23 MB movies I can put up FIVE WMV movies. Yes, you can limit the size of MPG movies, but it tends to get pretty rough during the lower end. If you can find me a way to put up a 6 minute showoff movie for 15 MB using MPEG, then it's definitely a possibility.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:49 pm  Post subject:   
There is a more dedicated topic for these discussions, here :wink, but the problems I heard had to do with MC and Happiness only. The encoding that I used for Throne ('Video for broadband NTSC (768 Kbps)') doesn't seem to have this problem.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 3:05 pm  Post subject:   
gondee wrote:

Sorry, have Windows XP :(

Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 229  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 7 of 229 [ 5722 posts ]  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 229