Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:53 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1 ... 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:05 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
Hi 9EDDY2:

Thank you for your kind words! Good luck in breaking the 9 M point barrier on a SM run and the 7 M point barrier on a KD run!

As an aside, I think that if fliper is very close to breaking 7 M point mark on a Happiness Jam run. Nevertheless, even when he reaches the milestone of being the first person ever to score 7 M points on a Happiness Jsm run, his score is still not safe, as Rastapo and 898ppp are liable to beat fliper's best mark on the course and, as a result, seize the WR crown from him in the process.

I am elated that you find my posts insightful and accredit your ability to articulate your thoughts in the English language, as well as comprehend the myriad of opinions written in my native tongue, to my writing style (which is a gift of the Holy Spirit). Nevertheless, you deserve even more credit for conscientiously studying the phonetic, syntactic, grammatical, and semiotic construction of my language, and then using such analyses to flourish your already innate ability in 1) understanding what information conveys as a reader or 2) transmitting your convictions to others in a superbly well-framed and intelligent fashion. I'll be honest: I do not know any words in Norwegian and, consequently, believe that, at least in your ability to learn foreign language, especially English, which is a very difficult tongue to grasp, you are far more intelligent than I am! Tell you sister, too, that I am proud of her for learning a language very difficult to master yet persevering in spite of the obstacles it presents.

Your humility demonstrated in two posts above illustrates your good heart and affable nature. I agree with you,too--besides yourself, Kubi and 898ppp (let's not forget gondee) are probably the best examples of written stylistic mastery on this board. Nevertheless, fliper. Rastapo, and numerous others write in a manner which is well-structured and easy to understand.

Take care, My Friend, and God Bless You!

Best Wishes--If you wish to fine-tune your prose even further, I can provide many tips on how to do so.
QuotidianPerfection

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:28 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Tricky: Showoff: #2
  • SSX Tricky: Overall: #2
There is no doubt many people on this forum are very capable of expressing themselves in written language, but listing them all would be too much work. Hehe :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:01 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
SSX 3: Racing: #1SSX On Tour: Showoff: #1SSX 3: Overall: #1SSX On Tour: Overall: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 8
  • Overall Best Players: #2
  • SSX 3: Racing: #1
  • SSX On Tour: Showoff: #1
  • SSX 3: Overall: #1
  • SSX On Tour: Overall: #1
  • SSX 3: Showoff: #2
  • Overall Best Players: Showoff: #2
  • SSX On Tour: Racing: #3
This thread has been bumping lately... Fliper, congrats on your 9 M Kick Doubt, incredible run man. As I said, you have some serious cojones to try that AS from my seg run. o_O Keep up the amazing work. Happiness Jam about to get destroyed too I hope. :P You're a good person for giving Rastapo his well-earned credit - this would (assumedly) not have been possible without his input.

Eddy and Mystic, keep up the great work. I'm really glad to see you guys back in business, and Eddy, if you want me to check the point yield of a specific path, don't hesitate to let me know. I'd be happy to do that if it would be of any help. :)

In my neck of the woods, I managed to get 9.084 M on KD... I want 9.25, but I will be happy with 9.2. 9.15 is my immediate goal for now, anything else is just a bonus. The best pace I've been on so far is ~9.45-9.55 (missed last 3x).

I regret to inform you, by the way, that I have no intention of going for 7 M Happiness in the immediate future - I just don't enjoy the backcountry pipes. Maybe at some point in the future... my focus for the time being lies with the slopestyles, Throne, and CN (I really want 1.9).

EDIT: Oh, and how could I forget about Drawing Wolf? Ever since this guy made his appearence in one of my YouTube livestreams and showed up in chat talking about 7 M, I knew he had potential. He published his first 7 M run right after my stream. I see a lot in this guy, let's hope he can do some amazing stuff. He already got 8 M. I really like what he did with that annoying 5x by the first checkpoint. Very creative way to always get an X out of it, impressive. He's from Venezuela, by the way!

I don't wanna contribute too much to the off topic discussion because this is after all not the purpose the thread was created for, but Eddy and QP, I have to say a very genuine big thank you for the compliment on my ability to express myself in English, I appreciate that. If I've been able to help anyone in the arduous task that is learning English, that makes me extremely happy. I do have to note, however, that I'm somewhat surprised you would bring up my oral English in what seems like the same "tier", if you will. I personally consider it to be nowhere near the level of my written English, but maybe that's a natural consequence of writing in more casual language on forums like this, or maybe I'm just plain wrong. ;P It is very true though, a lot of people on this forum deserve recognition for their evident mastery of this tricky tongue.

Finally, once again, best of luck to everyone in the community in not only their endeavors and personal uphill battles when it comes to the game and getting new PBs, but also your linguistic progress!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:05 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
Hi 898ppp:

You're welcome--and thank you for your kind words!

Congratulations on breaking mskk001's WR score (9 M+ point) on a KD run! You, along with fliper and Rastapo, are simply SSX3 Slope Style phenoms.

Insofar as your writing is considered, I must commend you once again on your mastery of prosody, especially for a person who speaks and writes in a language different from English.

One last thing--sometimes conversing in English can be far more difficult to master than writing in this particular tongue due to the fact that conversational English is far more casual than and sometimes contradictory to the written rules for transcribing thoughts in this particular language.

Take care, My Friend,
QP

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:35 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
SSX 3: Racing: #1SSX On Tour: Showoff: #1SSX 3: Overall: #1SSX On Tour: Overall: #1
Thanks for your compliments on my runs and language, QP, but quick distinction to make:

My 9 M run is NOT the WR, it's like 15k behind being WR. :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:23 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
To stop going off topic I´ll keep it short: what I meant is that you speak very freely and fluently in your Let´s Plays, that´s all really- and your English is good :)

Thanks for your support, I think I have a good grasp on how do to the rough calculations- however, if you could tell me approximately how much I´d have to do different in order to score 7 million or higher on a KD run. As far as SM goes, my understanding is that my maximum potential for that given track is about 9.4 million with my current abilities.

About Happiness Jam, I can see that one, also fliper´s 6.9 run was damn good so the 7 million mark will be very hard it seems. This track is also one of those I consider working on, and hopefully break 5 million in the process.

Congrats on being the second ever to break the 9 million mark in KD :china

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:48 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
SSX Tricky: Racing: #1
  • SSX Tricky: Racing: #1
  • SSX: Showoff: #3
lol

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:09 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
PSN: Kubi-ssx
I love what you did with the jump on Snow Jam at around 4:08 in the video, where you landed in a way that pointed you down. I don't know whether or not it was intentional or if it's a common tactic (I don't know much about Snow Jam), but it's awesome either way! Solid run, I'd like to have a go at a peak race soon.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:20 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
SSX 3: Showoff: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX 3: Showoff: #1
QuotidianPerfection wrote:
Merqury City Slope Style records are becoming like Olympic Events--the "great" runs of today will fade into the territory of "good" or "average" in the future. Therefore, what defines a "great run?" My answer is that such feats are definable only in reference to the time in which they are achieved.

QP, you defined EXACTLY what I feel about it, you express yourself very well in your posts btw, and thank you for your imput about this!

Truthfully speaking, all SSX3 fans in both the Merqury City and YouTube communities deserve credit for promoting respecting competitors' runs and engaging in the rules of fair play. One's ability to understand the companionship and sense of justice that SSX3 brings to those who play that particular game in the SSX Series far outweighs any Free Style score and / or Racing time he or she might achieve. And, while scores and times ameliorate, sometimes so drastically as to suggest the achievements of yesteryear to be mediocre by comparison, companionship and just behavior will never do so, remaining the two constants on which the SSX3 Community is built.

It is why I so love merqurycity, and consider how my online family, respect and companionship, very different than a regular game community brings, that is just all about competition and competition, merqurycity is really different/special , so I love you guys so much! thank for all this wonderful years here!

And, of course, I dedicated a 5.2 M+ Point 22 MT Sequence Partial Fast X-X Perpendiculous Run to you, complete with two poems: see Perpendiculous SSX3 5,220,086 Points (mskk001 Dedication for His 9 M+ Point KD Run—Read Description): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14GNGEcVWf8.

QP, I am very happy for this dedication to me and for your kind words, in the last five years, I can say the same of you, I never met anyone so positive, respectful, attentive and smart with a really masterfull about literature like you! thank you for everything and your support too! and about his poem, my God, you express what I feel better than myself hehe, all about equipment, "curves" in my mind and everything else! It is exactly what I feel! thanks for that QP, I'm flattered!

9EDDY2 wrote:
Speaking of breaking WR's: I feel like there's one particular course that needs attention now: Happiness Jam. Will someone ever break the 7 million mark? With 898ppp and fliper( and maybe Rastapo, don't know if you do these Jams?), both terrific Backcountry Jam players, having sharpened their skills lately after fliper's 6.916 run, I do see this accomplishment being accomplishable (;)) within this year, making this year EVEN more epic in the record breaking in SSX3. Please guys; I know you can do this before this year passes ;)

Nice to see another great up- and coming player! Thanks for sharing. He appearently has a record of 7.6 million now- maybe we have a future 10 M+ SM player here! He must join us here on merq. :)

EDIT FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME LOL: still no progress on SM btw. Maybe I should go for 7 million KD..

9EDDY, really good call man, sure that i'll go for this in the next stop! rooting for me XD because it will not be easy to break the 7M barrier in haappiness jam, about changing track, very good idea, when we are stuck in a score range is a great idea, I was like this in KD( i just played there and was no fun with this, so it took a little to me get progress I think! any questions about KD, I will be happy to answer XD

about the drawing wolf, i will call hin do join here with us...

898ppp wrote:
This thread has been bumping lately... Fliper, congrats on your 9 M Kick Doubt, incredible run man. As I said, you have some serious cojones to try that AS from my seg run. o_O Keep up the amazing work. Happiness Jam about to get destroyed too I hope. :P You're a good person for giving Rastapo his well-earned credit - this would (assumedly) not have been possible without his input.

thanks for that man, Rastapo deserves these credits for sure!

898ppp wrote:

Eddy and Mystic, keep up the great work. I'm really glad to see you guys back in business, and Eddy, if you want me to check the point yield of a specific path, don't hesitate to let me know. I'd be happy to do that if it would be of any help. :)

I Totally AGREE! GREAT see you guys back, please keep it up!

898ppp wrote:
In my neck of the woods, I managed to get 9.084 M on KD... I want 9.25, but I will be happy with 9.2. 9.15 is my immediate goal for now, anything else is just a bonus. The best pace I've been on so far is ~9.45-9.55 (missed last 3x).

I regret to inform you, by the way, that I have no intention of going for 7 M Happiness in the immediate future - I just don't enjoy the backcountry pipes. Maybe at some point in the future... my focus for the time being lies with the slopestyles, Throne, and CN (I really want 1.9).

Congratulations for break the 9M barrier in KD Bro, i know you could do it! also, WTF 9,4M in KD? you is just like have tree bolls to do that! (sorry for this :heh ) Insane that you will try 1,9 on CN WTF you are a E.T !

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:16 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
@ Eddy:

Ah, alright, well thanks for your compliments, I appreciate it a lot and I'm really glad you like my Let's Play, too! (New episode in the morning ;) ) Also, yeah sure, I can do you that favor. Do you mean using your current best run as a benchmark/guidance?

@ Garth:

We already talked about this in Discord, but awesome run man. Lucky good spawn, but that takes nothing away from this awesome run! By the way - learn where you have to get air in Happiness, it'll make that -20 into a -22, promise. Well done man! Also, you just had to include that little joke didn't you? :P Kappa

@ Kubi:

It's known as a common backup strat in the speedrunning community. What we do where we cut our amount of air there short but don't hit the edge of the jump is slightly faster, but this is a great clean backup. There's also a strat where you can select warp at a perfect time, too.

@ Fliper:

Thank you as well for being here, Merq is a community where the active competitors are all friends and help each other out and are supportive... it's a lovely place. Not only that, though, but also as a personal friend, especially now that you're on Discord and we can actually talk about things that don't even concern the game, I've gotten to know the actual YOU a little bit more, and you're a great person. Keep up the good work and keep being you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Took some time, but here it is, and it actually doesn't make use of the red block glitch either! Enjoy! (Credits to Rastapo for the new ending of course)

Finally, I had a conversation with Fliper on Discord where I argued to him why I think something like 9.4 M KD is equivalent to 11 M SM in "wow factor"... ever since then I've been thinking about the "max" potential for tracks, and how 11 M SM and 2 M LT have kind of been groundbreaking... so I think this would be the rough equivalent of 11 M SM on other tracks (i.e. a run just as insane as it):

R&B: 9.5 M
KD: 9.45 M
CN: 1.925 M
LT: 2.01 M (I don't quite feel 2 M flat deserves it, but 2.01 does)
M2M: 1.925 M
Junction: 4.6 M
Schizo: 4.4 M
Perp: 5.65 M
Happiness Jam: Unsure about this one. Most likely 7.65 M.
Ruthless Jam: 7.65 M
Throne Jam: 7.75 M

This is just what I think of course, but I believe all of these scores are not only possible, but could be realistically achieved if we put similar amounts of work in like we did on SM. It's interesting to look at these scores comparatively...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:53 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
Hi fliper and 898ppp:

Hi fliper, I am deeply touched by your words, My Friend! While my God-given gift is poetry, you have one as well--the uncanny ability to revive positive yet dying trends in a manner which allows them to reach full vitality again. We have already witnessed the manner in which you resuscitated which was on life support. I am honored that you believe that I am presenting you in an original manner but, in all honesty, I am merely capturing your extraordinary SSX3 gaming skills and positive behavior. Once again, congratulations on becoming the first person in history to land 9 M or more points on a KD run.

Hi 898ppp, Congratulations on breaking fliper's 9 M point mark on a KD run, My Friend! Your new WR is well-deserved--equaling or exceeding any of fliper's SSX3 Free Style runs are nearly impossible.

By the way, I spent a couple days in Salem, Massachusetts, one of which was spent touring different locations where various individuals who lived during 1690 were executed on accusations of witchcraft. While I believe in Calvinist doctrines (e.g., I believe in the doctrine that God predestines some people to Heaven while allowing others to fall into eternal perdition), I am a staunch opponent of establishing any sort of theocracy in the United States and consider the illogical thinking which ran rampant during the Salem Witch Trials as an embarrassment to Reformed Theology. I also believe that Matthew Hale's witch-burning in England shows what happens when fear or superstitions supersedes respect for what is taught in Scripture. When I returned, I was finally able to record a live 5.2 M+ point Perpendiculous run which employs the 22 MT Sequence Partial Fast X-X method and dedicate it to 898ppp for his historic 2 M+ point LT run. In the YouTube video description, I bespeak of all the positive qualities that 898ppp is endowed with in addition to explaining why, in view of colonial America, I view 898ppp akin to the loving and caring Puritan preacher Jonathan Edwards rather than the indifferent and hate-mongering Calvinist pastor Cotton Mather. I then dedicate two poems to 898ppp which highlight qualities of his that are important to, yet transcend, SSX3 gaming. It is my hope that you enjoy your dedicatory video: see Perpendiculous SSX3 5,234,480 Points--Live Run--(898ppp SSX Dedication--Read Description): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=air_tdSRyaE.

Take care, My Friends, and God Bless You Both!

Best Wishes, and good luck on your future runs!
QuotidianPerfection

Last edited by QuotidianPerfection on Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:10 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
Just had a 6.7 million KD run but didn´t finish in time. So some progress..

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:13 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
9EDDY2 wrote:
Just had a 6.7 million KD run but didn´t finish in time. So some progress..

Good stuff! Too bad you didn't finish the run in time.But it seems like you're closing in.
I should start working towards my 7m KD at some point.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:50 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
Hi 9EDDY2 and Mysticinvasion:

Good luck on landing 7 M or more points on a KD run!

Take care,
QP

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:01 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
Awesome stuff Eddy, keep working at it and I'm sure you can do it! If you still want that favor by the way, do you do the new path at the end or the old one? :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:51 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
Thanks for encouraging me on my way to 7 million! As weird as it may sound, I like KD better than SM.. Just did a 6.73 million run with quite a lot of mistakes. 898ppp, thanks for still wanting to do that favor but I don´t think I need it for 7 million as I can easily see what I need to do to obtain 7 million now- before I started playing KD again I didn´t know what I could do better than my 6.5 run that was still within my skill range. As you´ll see from the video, I used the old path but had enough time to do the new one. Theoretically speaking I could obtain somewhere between 7.4-7.7 million- 898, if you could calculate my potential score after I upload my 6.73 run it would be really nice! I´ll list my mistakes in this post (or the next).

Mystic, you should definitely aim for 7 million in this track :yes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ2HcRl4wSk

Here´s my run. Sorry for the poor quality and complete amateur recording again but I have limited opportunities for recording, and my iPhone 5 is NEVER consistent when it comes to whether it allows uploading in HD or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crWStBK1aNY

Here´s the mistakes:

1. Low combo in the beginning, should have been 17x, only had 14x.
2. I never hit the 2x at 0:42
3. I should have done SA-X instead of SA-SA at 1:04.
4. I only got 4k at 1:09 because I didn't validate. Should have done SA-SA..
5. 1:17, I with the right angle I can do X-X.
6. 1:37, I can do SA-X there.
7. 1:45, missed the x2.
8. 1:50, missed the rail..
9. 1:54, if I grabbed the rail I could do SA-SA.
10. 2:04, missed the x2.
11. 2:09, I can do SA- X there sometimes, but FAR from consistently, mind you.
12. 2:16, I missed the x2.
13. 2:30, SA-SA there can quite easily be replaced by SA-X.
14. 2:40, missed the x3.
15. Old path at the end.

Looks like I´ve slaughtered my run, but don't get me wrong, I´m happy with the improvement! :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:29 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
I just got a 2:06 Throne clean yeseterday to tie up the WR 3 ways between Daggy, Otakung8, and myself :)

The run was pretty close to a 2:05 but Ill have to keep trying for it. Anyways enjoy the run!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:23 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
SSX Tricky: Racing: #1
  • SSX Tricky: Racing: #1
  • SSX: Showoff: #3
legendary!

I may go for 2:06 one day, it looks like a neat record to have. that is, unless 898ppp gets 2:05, then that's RIP

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:54 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
How's KD going, Eddy? :)
I've been pretty busy lately but have started to refamiliarize myself with KD again. While I'm able to ugrade a lot of the mt-sequences from before thanks to fc, the track feels pretty random (guess there are plenty of details I've forgotten).

Also, I'm in dire need of new controllers :P

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:00 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
No further progress for me. Good to hear you've upgraded your MT sequences :-)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:07 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
By the way: I'm sure you can do all I can do in my latest KD run- and if you can avoid at least 4 of the mistakes I listed you pretty much have it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:23 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
Hi xcon and Rithek:

Hi xcon, Congratulations on tying the Peak 1 Race WR with an unbelievable time of seven minutes and eight seconds!

Hi Rithek, Congratulations on tying a WR with your phenomenal two minutes and six second Throne Jam time!

Take care,
QP

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:06 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
SSX 3: Showoff: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX 3: Showoff: #1
hey guys, i'm here just to share with you my last happiness jam run! there's some "easy" places to improve, but i'm really happy with this, nothing only about the score, but so because i'm able to complete another challenge in this game, the 7M in each backcountry jam event! i hope you guys enjoy :P

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:11 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
Awesome run once again, Fliper, you continue to be the undisputed backcountry king... congrats on the triple 7 M feat, absolutely crazy. As you said, there are a lot of easy improvements (your first half is *nearly* perfect though) and if you put the time in, I can see you getting 7.5 M on this track relatively easily. Are you up to the task? Cause I think you can do it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:26 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
Hi fliper:

It's great that you're back! I wrote a great review on your live 7 M+ Happiness Jam run, which is historical in two ways: 1) you are first SSX# player ever to land 7 M points on a Happiness Jam run, and 2) you are the first SSX3 player ever to score 7 M points in all three Backcountry Freestyle Events.: see ssx3 happiness jam 7,178 M Live: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JwD-lIr5Dw.

By the way, here is my first live 5.2 M+ point Perpendicuolous run ever--and it uses the 22 MT Sequence Partial Fast X-X method: see Perpendiculous SSX3 5,234,480 Points--Live Run--(898ppp SSX Dedication--Read Description): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=air_tdSRyaE.

Take care, My Friend, and thanks for providing us with n early Christmas gift!

Best Wishes, and good luck on all of your forthcoming SSX3 runs.
QuotidianPerfection

Go to page Previous  1 ... 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 225 of 229 [ 5722 posts ]  1 ... 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229