Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:10 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1 ... 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227 ... 229  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:44 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
SSX Tricky: Racing: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Tricky: Racing: #1
  • SSX: Showoff: #3
kubi have you tried factory skip? if not, its waaay harder than it sounds and looks. my best metro bad booth run is 1:37.0x without FS so it would be an easy 1:36 with it. but that being said I wont use it just cause its so hard and ive never gotten it once

good luck on 1:59 metro, that's another really tough one. I'm not interested in it and i'll keep my 2:00, despite it being like 2:00.999999999 lol

damn, you and 898ppp both have 1:55 metro no booths and I'm over here stuck on 1:56, i'll prolly go for 1:55 eventually if nobody has gotten 1:54 by then. Also, are you by any chance interested in 1:31 metro booths? :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:59 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
Hi Kubi and xcon:

Hi Kubi, Why, you're welcome--and thank you for your kind words! I wish you nothing but the best of luck in achieving your clean sub 2 Min. Metro-City WR time!

Hi xcon, You are a FAR better Metro-City player than I am! I wish you the best of luck in achieving top-notch Metro-City times.

Take care, Both of You.
QP

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:44 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
PSN: Kubi-ssx
I managed to do a full clean run with the factory skip, with a time of... 2:01. It's not too bad, it's like 2:01.0, but still. I'm pretty sure I messed up on the part leading up to the factory skip, as I completely improvised the path. Also, I'm pretty sure the execution of the skip isn't perfect. I'll have a run up later today, I just thought I would write this post now while the run is still fresh in my mind.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:19 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
  • SSX Tricky: Showoff: #2
  • SSX Tricky: Overall: #2
Kubi, you are an incredible racer.. I did an APJ race some days ago and didn't even finish in time...don't know what's up with that.. I'm not even kidding. Please can someone tell me it's hard and I don't suck that bad at racing, hahaha. Or is it actually a bit challenging? Anyways I'm like 15 minutes behind you and the other top guys at that event lol

Mystic, I must say your 9.17 SM run was terrific, the way you perform your MT sequences reminds me of flipers first video in which he broke 10 million for the first time. Your SA-SA through the first 2x for instance was so well done.

I agree with the despriction of your YT video- it's time for you to try even harder strats- X-X after the bell you just need confidence and it'll work most of the time( do you ever try on a good run?), as for the rest I'm sure fliper, 898ppp and Rastapo can give you good advice, good luck man!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:51 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
Thank you so much, 9EDDY2! Unfortunately I can't advise you on the APR as I've never attempted it properly. I can give you some general advice to help you not run out of time. You should be able to do it if you avoid getting air. You should only get air if you have to get boost. Also, rails are wonderful for speed. If you're not improvising a path, it's best to learn one and stick to it at all costs.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:02 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
Thanks for the advice, yes rails are gold! Anyway, I was very surprised that I didn't make it in time; I've never had trouble with that event before, I've always played it causually and made it, and that was before I got any good at showoff as well :P

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:06 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
Thanks, Eddy, that's a huge compliment :)
I think I finally figured out what my problem with the X-X x5 was. I simply didn't go into the jump with enough speed. I started to let go of the nosepress a splitsecond earlier and that gives enough height to fairly easily do an X-X

Planning on getting into racing? :P

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:55 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
Hi mysticinvasion:

Congratulations on a masterfully done and unbelievably smooth live 9 M point SM run!

Take care, My Friend!
QP

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:50 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
Good that you figured that X-X out, I knew that if I could do it pretty consistently you could too! No, not planning to get into racing really, but did the APR for fun :) Really looking forward to seeeing your further progress on SM now!

QP, have you considered trying to break 8 million on Style Mile?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:42 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
Hi 9EDDY2:

Once I move past MrChaos on the SSX3 Scoreboard for Perpendiculous scores (this is going to be really difficult, as surpassing a score on that track of 5.406 will not be easy, and is off course, a testament to MrChaos' phenomenal hand-eye coordination in order to attain such a high score of the demanding course alluded to herein), I will go for a score of 7.5 M points or more on a SM run. Once I do this, I will try to hit 8 M points or greater on a SM run.

Thanks for motivating me, My Friend, and best of luck with scoring 9 M or more points on a SM run!
QuotidianPerfection

P.S. By the way, can you tell me your YouTube name so I can look for any 9 M+ points SM run which you will probably upload upon achieving that particular personal milestone?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:00 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
SSX 3: Showoff: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX 3: Showoff: #1
hello my friends! sorry for the dalay, i get another console today :woot i will back for KD because my fingers are itching to play this track again! I was so eager to play again that I already arranged another console, I return today to the business, thanks for the comments of you guys, 898ppp if one day I have the chance I will play in the EMU, maybe one day I Strean with you and rithek ... who knows .. also, I would like to congratulate you mystic, you really have your hands on SM now! keep practicing that very soon you will be on the SM scoreboard! keep it up guys!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:27 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
Nice to have you back in business man! About KD, it wouldn´t surprise me if you managed a 9 million run there in short amount of time actually, you guys are crazy

My name´s 9eddie4 on YT QP- and you´re subscribed to me :) I must say I deeply respect your dedication to Perp., especially since that particular track can become quite demotivating over time since you´re doing the same thing over and over, and I sincerely hope you´ll reach your goal. :china 7.5 sounds like a good starting point for SM. Thank you for supporting me on my way to 9 million..

I´m sorry if I write a lot about my playing, just tell me if it´s annoying and I´ll stop, but right now I´m working on getting the sequence SA-SA x2, then X-X x10, and then X-X x5 on the one after that in the beginning of the run. If I can do that, then I can afford messing up more of my run in the later stages and still get 9 million. I occasionally get good runs now but ALWAYS mess up somewhere in the later parts of the run, and very often in the loop if I haven't fucked up by then. Hitting 9 million will be a big achievement to me.

And regarding that X-X x5 Mystic- I think we have the same issue, it feels very awkward to jump at that spot and your mind will kinda trick you to think that it´s not gonna work and you´ll miss the x3 or get to little airtime. But after trying it a few times now it works, and I don´t have the same mindfuck any longer. I can speak for you of course, but that´s how it feels to me- don´t know if you can relate.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:03 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
Do you mean the X-X after the first x10? Just wondering since that is an x3.
If so then that jump is still a bit random to me but the bigger problem is that I don't have enough speed for the half-pipe (to reach the other x3). But I guess we both work on the same sequence then :)
Keep it up! You're such a skilled player that once you've given it enough practice 9m will come (probably fairly easy).

It's great that you were able to solve your ps2 problem so quickly, Fliper :D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:36 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
Hi xcon, Kubi, Mysticinasion, fliper, and 9EDDY2:

Hi xcon, Good luck with your Metro-City Race times--you seem to be quite an accomplished SSX3 Racer!

Hi Kubi, Best of luck, Race Master, on achieving a sub-2 Min. time on a Metro-City run.

Hi Mysticinvasion, I hope you hit 10 M points on a SM run! By the way, when time permits, I'll begin putting considerable effort into practicing my AS's. Congratulations, too, on learning how to turn an X-X through the Second 5X of the First Checkpoint in a Style Mile run. Personally, my Slope Style technique is mediocre at best, so landing that particular trick necessitates timing the pre-wind to precision, extremely fast tapping, great FC, and pulling L3 either back hard (i.e., if there is little time to land the trick) or to either side (i.e., if there is short time allotted to land the trick) in order to avoid a wipe eout.

Hi fliper, It's nace to see you back! I can't wait for you to score 7 M points on a Happiness Jam run and 9 M points on a KD run!

Hi 9EDDY2, You're welcome--and thank you for your kind words! Thank you also for the reminder of what your YT name is (I forgot it--I apologize) and for supporting my Perpendiculous runs. You're right--that tracks demands intense focus. By the way, I almost hit an X-SA-X when I was goofing around in Perpendiculous after I did a Perpendiculous heat, which I scored 5.22 M points on using the 22 MT Sequence Partial Fast X-X method; however, one frame was left when I landed in the middle of the pipe, so I toppled over. Landing and X-X-SA-SA on LT will be much tougher since it demands perfect height and FC, and thumbnail nibbling on the keypad. Landing 7.5 M points and, in the future, 8 M points on SM is going to be difficult for me; however, I'll do it. I'll also do a Perpendiculous run where I practice AS's and then dedicate it you, one which will come complete with two poems.

Take care, All of You!

Best Wishes, My Friends,
QuotidianPerfection

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:55 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
after a break of one week, I see that I just needed a rest, to get out of those 8,995M ... so here's my friends, 9M on KD, was harder than I thought, thanks for this line Rastapo, without your discovered, this will be never possible... hope you guys like it :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RJi2PJHmBE

9EDDY, thank you for your words, also for Mystic, both very developed their skills, and 9EDDY, I really like when you describe your runs, will be never annoiyng it, I like to know why I follow your work... Mystic, after the X-X into x3, if you wanna gain air in the half pipe, you need land more to left after this first x3, if you land more to right side, the boost will "fail / have a quickly break", you will feel your controller vibrate, and you will lose a lot of height ... and QP, hope you reach your goal soon,i know you are able to do that.. I go to happiness now, if one day I am able to hit 7M, I will dedicate to you XD

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:04 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
Sorry, I meant x3, yes, and therefore we´re dealing with the same sequence :) 9 million won´t be easy at all I´m afraid, at this point I´m not seeing it happening any time soon.

QP, you seem to be consistent around the 5.2 mark, which is great!

9EDDY2 wrote:
About KD, it wouldn´t surprise me if you managed a 9 million run there in short amount of time actually, you guys are crazy

And that you did.. :china Don´t know what to say other than congratulations man. The AS towards the end there was really cool! Props to Rastapo as well for finding the path :china hahah, you hit 9 million in KD and I can´t even hit 9 million in SM (not saying 9 million in SM isn´t a great score, don´t get me wrong)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:56 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
9EDDY2 wrote:
And that you did.. :china Don´t know what to say other than congratulations man. The AS towards the end there was really cool! Props to Rastapo as well for finding the path :china hahah, you hit 9 million in KD and I can´t even hit 9 million in SM (not saying 9 million in SM isn´t a great score, don´t get me wrong)

thank you for that 9EDDY, and don't understimate yourself, you really able to do awesome things at this game :D , and yeah ...this AS really fucked up a lot of good runs, i always hit this rail that i jump above to do this AS, and yeah, Rastapo deserve this credits, without him, i never was able to do something like that, as in my SM with his line and ruthless jam too, he always help me, saying as I should do, showing me the way, and getting "anonymous" after all... btw talking about SM, has a new guy that come from nowhere and hit a 7M run, he don't know the FC yet, lets call him! take a look guys.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoOpHagChzo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:15 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
Hi fliper and 9EDDY2:

Hi fliper,

Thank you for your kind words!

By the way, congratulations on your 8.995 M point KD run. I have a feeling that, in the future, you will equal or exceed a score of 9 M points on that course, thereby becoming the first person in SSX3 history to score 9 M points or more on a KD run. You are right--it will be very difficult; however, I have high expectations of a person who is the only SSX3 player to achieve a score greater than 11 M points on a SM run. When I say that you, along with 898ppp, are two of the best Slope Style players in history (898ppp is the current WR Holder in R & B and the only person besides you to break the 9 M point mark on that given track), I make that claim with little reservation! Take care, My Friend, and congratulations on you monumental KD achievement!

Hi 9EDDY2,

First of all, Happy Birthday! I deeply appreciate how supportive you are of my Perpendiculous runs. When my capture card works again, I owe 898ppp one more Perpendiculous run, one which is a live 22 Monster Trick Sequence Partial Fast X-X 5.2 M point Perpendiculous run that comes complete with two dedicatory poems. Good luck on trying to piece a 9 M point SM run together, as it my fervent hope that you one day attain a score of 10 M points or greater on a SM run and 7 M points on a Throne Jam run (i.e., once you score 6 M points or greater on that particular SSX3 Free Style Event). By the way, I think I can pass MrChaos' score of 5.406 M points on a 22 Monster Trick Sequence Partial Fast X-X Perpendiculous run if I can incorporate two X-SA-X's into my run! Of course, I will then dedicate the previously mentioned run to MrChaos and accompany it with two poems which honor him for being the first person to achieve the Perpendiculous score stated herein.

Take care, My Friends, and all of Your accomplishments!

Best Wishes--I can't wait to congratulate you once you land 9 M+ points on a KD run!
QuotidianPerfection

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:48 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
QuotidianPerfection wrote:

Best Wishes--I can't wait to congratulate you once you land 9 M+ points on a KD run!
QuotidianPerfection

:heh haha thank you for your words QP, but i think you miss something... i already beat 9M on KD before your last post... but is funny when you do these things, you always make this website worth to visit... and without mention your always motivate words, i will dedicate this 9M KD run to you my friend! :china

i hope you like of the music...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:22 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
Hi fliper:

You're welcome--and thank you for your kind words!

I will share my response to fliper's 9 M+ Point KD run with everyone (see below):

Here is what I wrote:

Hi mskk001, Congratulations on being the first SSX3 player in SSX3 history ever to equal or exceed 9 M points or more on a KD run! Your maneuvering through this track is incredibly smooth, your time on your frame-cancelling is perfect, your thumbnail nibbling on keypad taps is rapid, and your carving technique is impeccable. Moreover, you are now the only person in the 9-11-9 Club on Slope Style Events (i.e., 9 M+ Points on an R & B run, 11 M+ Points on a SM run, and 9 M+ Points on a KD run. I'll do a 22 MT Sequence Partial Fast X-X Perpendiculous run to you as soon as possible, and dedicate it you, a run which will come complete with two poems honoring your KD accomplishments. Nevertheless, I do not think my dedicatory poem can provide you with the necessary praise for your historical KD run, simply because my horribly ordinary run pales in comparison to your masterful navigation of a very difficult Slope Style course for any SSX3 gamer to steer his or her way through. Today, poet and musician Bob Dylan finally received the acclaim which his lyrics deserve by being awarded the Nobel Prize Winner of Literature for writing numerous poems which have meanings that are both transcendental and profound in them. At some point, gondee should create an SSX3 Hall of Fame for its legendary players and, when your name appears on the ballot, I'm sure you'll get one hundred percent of the votes, including mine. When you are well-rested, go for 7 M points on a Happiness Jam--I'll be the first to congratulate you on that accomplishment once it is attained! As far as the video is concerned, I gave you a 10 / 10 Rating and a Like. Take care, My Friend, and thanks for being one of the key people who have brought people back to Merqury City! Best Wishes to one of the most conscientious SSX3 gamers I have ever met. QuotidianPerfection

I urge everyone to check out the run, too--see ssx3 Kick Doubt 9,096,966 M replay (QP dedication): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RJi2PJHmBE.

Take care, My Friend, and congratulations on your historical feat.

Best Wishes on your quest for a 7 M+ Point Happiness Jam run!
QuotidianPerfection

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:03 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
WOW THANK YOU for all this compliments QP, I'm flattered by that, but I think you overestimate me ... but I am glad you enjoyed the race Also, I am also glad to "open the way to 9M" on KD... is like if I now took the first step to this barrier is broken down, so that others can follow and take down this and more barriers ... as 898ppp..., he will break this barrier soon and go further too ... (like in R & B and probaly SM too) and i still wainting for a Rastapo's KD run too because he have unfinished works at it too...about bringing people back to the game, he also deserves the credits for it, just as you with your always jenuine praise and motivation, and how each merqurycity member contributing with this ssx series to stay alive! thank you for this, and do not worry about your perp run is always joiable to watch XD take care man ...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:29 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
Hi fliper:

You're welcome--and thank you for your kind words!

Here is how I responded to your reply on YouTube:

Hi mskk001:

You're welcome, My Friend, and thank you for your kind words! I try my best to motivate others chiefly because, outside of Perpendiculous runs, I am a "run of the mill" SSX3 gamer. That being said, I have just completed my Perpendiculous Dedication to you. I am currently in the process of preparing it and will upload it soon. Unfortunately, you might have to wait for my live 22 MT Partial Fast X-X Perpendiculous runs, as my capture card is still not fixed.

By the way, 898ppp SSX and TheRastapo are certainly threats to come along and break the 9 M point barrier on a KD run. There is no doubt in my mind that both individuals want to beat your best KD scores and, in the process, become the next KD World Champion. Merqury City Slope Style records are becoming like Olympic Events--the "great" runs of today will fade into the territory of "good" or "average" in the future. Therefore, what defines a "great run?" My answer is that such feats are definable only in reference to the time in which they are achieved.

Truthfully speaking, all SSX3 fans in both the Merqury City and YouTube communities deserve credit for promoting respecting competitors' runs and engaging in the rules of fair play. One's ability to understand the companionship and sense of justice that SSX3 brings to those who play that particular game in the SSX Series far outweighs any Free Style score and / or Racing time he or she might achieve. And, while scores and times ameliorate, sometimes so drastically as to suggest the achievements of yesteryear to be mediocre by comparison, companionship and just behavior will never do so, remaining the two constants on which the SSX3 Community is built.

I will say though, without reservation, you deserve credit for being the most influential person in setting SSX3 Slope Style levels of excellence which are almost impossible to equal, let alone exceed.

Take care.

Best Wishes,
QuotidianPerfection

And, of course, I dedicated a 5.2 M+ Point 22 MT Sequence Partial Fast X-X Perpendiculous Run to you, complete with two poems: see Perpendiculous SSX3 5,220,086 Points (mskk001 Dedication for His 9 M+ Point KD Run—Read Description): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14GNGEcVWf8.

Here is what I wrote in the video description box:

Hi YouTubers:

I dedicate this particular 5,220,086 point Perpendiculous run to mskk001 for being the first person ever to equal or exceed 9 M points in a Kick Doubt run. Over the past half-decade, I have had the pleasure to meet and befriend a YouTuber by the name of mskk001, who later joined Merqury City under the name flipper. This good-hearted individual and hard-working gamer immediately began to display an unusual knack for achieving unheard of scores on SSX3 Slope Style Events, Back Country Events, and Peak Jam Events. mskk001’s has achieved the following scores on Slope Style Events: 9 M points on R & B (currently second place to 898ppp SSX), 11 M points on Style Mile (WR Holder), and 9 M points on Kick Doubt (WR Holder). In Back Country Events, mskk001 has scored 6.9 M points on Happiness (WR Holder), 7 M points on Ruthless (WR Holder), and 7 M points on the Throne (WR Holder). In Peak Jam Events, mskk001 has scored 17.7 M points on the Peak 1 Jam (WR Holder), 20 M points on the Peak 2 Jam (WR Holder), and 30 M points on the All Peak Jam (WR Holder). Nevertheless, mskk001 is also one of the people who assisted me with the frame-canceling and spin-first technique required to score over 5.3 M points on a Perpendiculous run and I am indebted to him for that. In order to commemorate mskk001’s latest historical accomplishment, which involves being the first SSX3 gamer EVER to break the 9 M point barrier on that particular track, I wrote two dedicatory poems for him. The first poem, which I called “Sensory Control,” entails how our senses corporate extraordinarily well many times when historical achievements are attained. The second poem, which I titled “Game Controller,” illustrates the authoritative way a master gamer can instruct each piece of his gaming equipments, particularly the TV, on how to behave through paracommunication. (See the two poems below)

Sensory Control

As you peer at a screen
Filled with bumpy ramps and abysses,
You imagine tangling paths and
Turns knotted by stuck landings,
Then unknot and untangle them in your
Mind until the shoelace line,
Although waving and curving,
Leaves former crimps and crinkles in it
As a past thought.

You smell nothing but a
Cold scent of your minted breath
And the lemony perfume of
Cleanser spayed on and rubbed over
An old, musty television set.

Erstwhile, you press a Lifesaver
To the roof of your mouth,
Holding it there until the pressure
Implodes the ring, and munch on mint crystals
Before allowing the remaining flakes to
Flutter down your throat so you can
Inhale and exhale minted air.

You listen for the timer as
Wind whips behind your screen:
The voice, though, just a flash on the screen,
Counts backwards from three in your ears.
After the next secondary pause,
The time says “Start” in visual letters and
Your ten digits scurry like a rat’s feet
Over the controller until they are positioned.

You lean and sway with every
Swerve and nibble with your thumbnail
On the D-Pad every so often,
Tapping on buttons urgently to break
One sequence of flip-spins and
Begin another, sliding up and down
Moguls as you repeat multiple spin-flip tricks
Over drops, big and small, and sections
Where the sky falls into infinity.

Three-and-a-half minutes later,
You whistle loudly and, after whiffs of
Minted exhalation scent your nose,
You stretch upward in tall triumph as the audience
Gated behind the screen cheers, still
Tasting the freshness of candy long ago dissolved,
And feel the screen pulsate your record
Kick Doubt score: 9,096,966 points.

Written by QuotidianPerfection

Game Controller

You face the screen
And press start, inch
Towards the set, then
Stare down the tube.

Written by QuotidianPerfection

The theme song is “Blue Collar Man (Long Nights),” and is performed by the rock and roll band Styx.

Take care, everyone, and enjoy the replay.

Best Wishes to All,
QuotidianPerfection

I hope you enjoy the video--it's the least I can do for your HISTORIC 9 M+ Point KD run!

Take care,
QP

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:56 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
Props to you for putting so much effort in your posts QP, you really stand out. :) Btw, yes, what scores are considered great has always been relative to the other comparable top scores at the time, however we're definitely approaching the time now in which the current WRs won't be beaten by a large margin I think. If someone manages to improve the current freestyle WRs it won't come easy at least- 898ppp's LT WR definitely comes to mind. Sorry if I'm being very pessimistic, just my opinion. I could be very wrong- who knows what the upcoming months and years might bring!

Speaking of breaking WR's: I feel like there's one particular course that needs attention now: Happiness Jam. Will someone ever break the 7 million mark? With 898ppp and fliper( and maybe Rastapo, don't know if you do these Jams?), both terrific Backcountry Jam players, having sharpened their skills lately after fliper's 6.916 run, I do see this accomplishment being accomplishable (;)) within this year, making this year EVEN more epic in the record breaking in SSX3. Please guys; I know you can do this before this year passes ;)

Nice to see another great up- and coming player! Thanks for sharing. He appearently has a record of 7.6 million now- maybe we have a future 10 M+ SM player here! He must join us here on merq. :)

EDIT FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME LOL: still no progress on SM btw. Maybe I should go for 7 million KD..

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:02 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
9EDDY2 wrote:
still no progress on SM btw. Maybe I should go for 7 million KD..

That's a very good idea. I often get to a point where I'm just not progressing on a track, so I move onto a different one for a few days. It really helps to do something different for a while. At least for racing, although I'm pretty sure that it's applicable to freestyle.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:21 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 Master Runs  
Thanks for your input Kubi, and yes, this is applicable to freestyle events as well- I have almost forgotten how key this can be- in fact, I've never played a track as religiously as I'm playing SM right now.

One becomes very dependent on the outcome as well when playing a single track too much; if you play that track all the time with no results, then it can be pretty much a time waste. I have some glimpses of greatness nowadays, but I have to say my confidence in my skills is worse than some months ago when I hit 8.8 million. However, my confidence in my English has improved, largely due to reading many of QP's excellently formulated posts! Having attended teacher education courses where I live, I have come to the very same conclusion that researchers referenced in my literature courses have underlined time and time again; it is largely through reading we as human beings develop our ability to write clear and simulaneously complicated sentences in any given language. I've definitely learned a lot from you in terms of developing my language skills, QP. That being said, I'm sometimes stunned by my sister's abilities within the English language (and she's only 17 and English is not her mother tongue) so I guess these things runs in families as well, there's definitely a genetic component coming into play as well. She reads many books a year, mind you, but she's still extreme. I will also have to mention Kubi and 898ppp as two of the individuals who write clear, concise English, and the SSX games themselves are also good examples of how one could learn idiomatic expressions and words, as well as other media in which English is the primary language. I can tell you are very confident in expressing yourself orally 898, and with good reason to be just that. It's very entertaining to watch your SSX On Tour Let's Play, keep it up! Hahah I'm waaaay off topic about the language thing now

Go to page Previous  1 ... 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227 ... 229  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 224 of 229 [ 5722 posts ]  1 ... 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227 ... 229