Switch to full style
One Mountain - Three Peaks - Endless Possibilities... The SSX 3 Forum
Post a reply

Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:49 pm

I think just pk2 and grav, hopefully pk1 if i can get this to work again.

Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:53 pm

gondee wrote:Okay, so these changes are coming fast and furious on these tracks guys, and I can't follow them all and you guys are beasts (even 4 years after the game came out :eek) - my question is -are there any new Master Runs I need to update? :heh

Ice's Peak 2 run and my Grav 1:46, they're in the MRs thread.

Good find Obi; some clips would be helpful.

Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:01 pm

K thx 4 d halp

Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:12 am

Obi was able to make it to R&B somehow once... I've came as close as this video ---> http://useruploads.mythica.org/view/ice ... f.wmv.html

No matter which route I take or whatever I do I get put out of bounds. I've landed in atleast 5 wh's already in Green Station RE.

Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:12 am

I've 3,85M on schizo and 5,1M on perp , not records but I'ts recording in live .

If you want , there is the links :

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ1H08QM6HI schizo

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=KBAhBXFz7bg perp

or you can enter "morphhelin" in search.

Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:23 am

Nice pipe scores Rastapo (wrong thread though :heh).

IceXtreme wrote:Obi was able to make it to R&B somehow once... I've came as close as this video ---> http://useruploads.mythica.org/view/ice ... f.wmv.html

Interesting video. Somewhere in that extense area there could be an entrance.

No matter which route I take or whatever I do I get put out of bounds. I've landed in atleast 5 wh's already in Green Station RE.

Do you count the holes in the ground in your video as more than 1 wh, or do you mean 4 others? I would count your vid as 1 wh, since all the holes are entered from the same place. If you mean 4 others, make a vid!

Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:05 am

Yeah, I do mean about 4 other wh's than that huge one. A couple are very hard to get into because of the "out of bounds." But there are holes all over the Green Station for some odd reason. I've tried to get back on track at different spots in that video and each give me out of bounds. It's EXTREMELY frustrating. If you get past that point in my video it will freeze.

I'm running out of ideas. Obi must of did some really crazy lucky glitch to get into R&B.

Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:33 pm

It would help if Obi could post a vid explaining what he did. It doesn't have to show him entering R&B, but just an approximation of what he did.

Also, have you tried entering LT?

Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:35 pm

RE Virus wrote:It would help if Obi could post a vid explaining what he did. It doesn't have to show him entering R&B, but just an approximation of what he did.

Also, have you tried entering LT?

He didn't expect to make it to R&B in the practice run he was doing, so he really can't recall how he got in. I've already asked him :heh

You can make it to LT from Pk1? I thought it was just CN and R&B.

Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:58 pm

Sorry about not getting the clips up, once I figure out what is wrong with my set up I'll have some up, maybe tonight. Have you had any luck RE, that about the general area I believe.

http://useruploads.mythica.org/view/Obi ... h.mp4.html

This is what area I am sure it was around, try playing with this area. I just found another spot to try out, I'll post a vid If it looks like it has promise.

Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:18 pm

IceXtreme wrote:You can make it to LT from Pk1? I thought it was just CN and R&B.

Yeah, I meant CN. :heh I confused Peak 1 with Peak 2.

Obi, that vid didn't help much as you were just fooling around. It's too general. Do you remember more or less in what area of that video you entered R&B? Did you grind a rail backwards, jump over a rock...?

Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:38 pm

I did both, I went back up and grinded then made a very small hop over the snow and seen this round rock with brownish white snow on top. Sadly that's all I remember.

I also found this but in the end it didn't do what I thought but watch the checkpoint.

http://useruploads.mythica.org/view/Obi ... n.mp4.html

If you can find a way to get that last green rail something else may be in store, there seems to be a major wind factor there though.

Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:28 pm

RE Virus wrote:
IceXtreme wrote:No, I haven't tried taking the green rails and going backwards because that would take away the 3-4 second increase I would think. I'll try to keep working with that later.

That's where the invisible wall may come in handy!

I wrote:It doesn't freeze if you turn backwards and cross a certain point. I was thinking it might be possible to jump on the last green rail, and just boost as some kind of invisible wall will automatically make you turn around.

I have been doing some analysis of this problem and here is my theory....

In the connectors SSX is pre-loading/buffering the track as you go along. There is obviously certain points you must cross for the next part of the course to load. Whether the game needs a certain point to be crossed or a certain amount of time to load the next section i'm not sure. I suspect it is both.

Why? Because if you jump to the left of the trees at the first checkpoint the Red Station doesn't load and you sail into a wormhole which you can't get out of. That I see as a need to cross a certain point. We have all come across points where the game freezes in connectors. A mate of mine hit the one at the end of Metro City last night. Most of these are where you move from the connector into a track or station.

When freeriding in the tracks and stations you can pause and goto the session function. In the connectors between the stations and tracks, you can only return and you need to continue until you enter the next track or session if you want to Transport. Similarly you can't quit a peak race if you are in one of the connector sections.

Now, getting down to REs SM connector shortcut and the consequent freeze shown by IceX's vid...the freeze happens at the point you move out of the connector and into SM. So either you haven't gone through the trigger point or the game hasn't had enough time to load the track.

Either way the result is the same.

Now last night I went into SM from Red Station in freeride and every second or so I paused. I was still in Red station up until the end of the first rail, that is the precise change point.

The invisible wall you refer to RE is the fact that the game can't go back into Red Station. I think, if you are to avoid the freeze going into SM, that you need to land in the first green rail section.

Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:06 pm

You are more or less correct, but I think it's a bit simpler. There's a "change track" trigger point and a "load track" trigger point. If you hit a "load track" trigger without having crossed the previous "change track" trigger, the game will freeze.

Such is the case with the SM connector shortcut. The "change track" point is somewhere around those 3 green rails - I believe it's where the invisible wall is, on the 3rd rail. Cripsy might be correct that it's at the end of the 1st rail, or maybe it covers all that distance from the 1st to the 3rd rail.

I've entered SM without crossing its "load track" point and then gone back, just barely turning the corner (not quite reaching the little log after the huge gap in the floor), and SM loaded. It's exactly the point where the game freezes in Ice's video. This would suggest that "load track" points are very thin and do not cover much distance.

Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:32 pm

A bit confused about the 3 green rails in the Red Station to SM connector. Once you enter the connector there is a long green rail followed by a short green rail, a log, the chasm and then the exit log. I assume you just mean 2 green rails.

I would suggest that the "change" and "load" points as you say are 2 dimensional planes.

Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:13 pm

crispncrunchy wrote:A bit confused about the 3 green rails in the Red Station to SM connector. Once you enter the connector there is a long green rail followed by a short green rail, a log, the chasm and then the exit log. I assume you just mean 2 green rails.

There are only 2 rails? I could've sworn there are 3. Haha, well, that explains the invisible wall. It's indeed the "change track" point. So if you touch that wall, SM should load.

I would suggest that the "change" and "load" points as you say are 2 dimensional planes.

What do you mean by that? They obviously have an infinite height (or else you could just jump over them) but not an infinite width.

Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:09 am

RE Virus wrote:What do you mean by that?
Well earlier
you wrote:This would suggest that "load track" points are very thin and do not cover much distance.
I am just suggesting that change/load the points have no thickness at all; like a sheet of paper.
They obviously have an infinite height (or else you could just jump over them) but not an infinite width.
I wasn't suggesting that; planes don't necessarily have infinite axes. Anyway it's all relative since this is just a finite computer game.
That you say you can touch the wall and still enter SM means there is still potential.
Rather than calling these points change & load, I would suggest load & run or fetch & execute. :|

Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:35 am

What is the record on The throne in this topic ? My record is 1:15:00.

P.S. : I'm French.

Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:40 am

1:09 by several

Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:27 am

crispncrunchy wrote:I am just suggesting that change/load the points have no thickness at all; like a sheet of paper.

Yeah, that's correct. I was confused because I thought there were 3 rails.

That you say you can touch the wall and still enter SM means there is still potential.

I don't know for certain, but it seems likely, doesn't it?

Rather than calling these points change & load, I would suggest load & run or fetch & execute. :|

That would confuse people who are not as computer savvy as we are, heheh.

Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:02 pm

RE Virus wrote:I don't know for certain, but it seems likely, doesn't it?
Well I will just have to master the jump 1st to find out :rolleyes

That would confuse people who are not as computer savvy as we are, heheh.
I'm confused :eek

Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:30 pm

I've just made 7,247 M on kick doubt but there are many errors ( I missed the last x3 and I didn't make AS by the x5, and 3 or 4 things missed here and there ) .

RE have you a special way to succeded the X-SA by the x5 ?

Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:31 pm

Good job, but keep playing!

No; I only did that because my run was bad. I missed a few things and I was at least 3 seconds too slow (for going up the pipe one more time), so I did that X-SAx5 expecting to crash. I was going to restart there, haha. I saw the max as 7.8 million and I was aiming for 7.5.

Btw, do you have a special way to succeed in doing X-SA through the first x5 (just before the checkpoint)? I remember that one was hard to do -- very random and very annoying.

Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:19 am

RE Virus wrote:Good job, but keep playing!

No; I only did that because my run was bad. I missed a few things and I was at least 3 seconds too slow (for going up the pipe one more time), so I did that X-SAx5 expecting to crash. I was going to restart there, haha. I saw the max as 7.8 million and I was aiming for 7.5.

Btw, do you have a special way to succeed in doing X-SA through the first x5 (just before the checkpoint)? I remember that one was hard to do -- very random and very annoying.

your run is far from being bad, if I had not seen your run in video I would have been unable to make a big score.

for the first x5, I realized that I had much failure when I made SA-X ,therefore I decided to try X-SA ,because when you make a short jump there it is easier to finish by SA than by X . Is just my opinion, it is easier for me but perhaps not for the others.

Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:36 pm

Throne 2:08 clean :wink
Post a reply