Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:22 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 344  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:21 pm  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Quote:
1. No... I still can't figure out how to get up there... Plus, I have been examining it and it appears, at least on the right side, there is a hole in the middle that would cause you to fall down...

It looks that way, but it's like clear plastic, you can skate over it just fine. :yes I think it's just for effect. I got into the pipes several times, but I'm not sure it's worth it...

Like Titan said, you really have to work to keep your combo going after you land, and your speed is completely killed. I would handplant on the bar, jump into the pipe, immediately have to boardpress to keep my combo going and then boost and hope that I got enough speed to do a quick flip or something and then do it. Even then, the red icons are very difficult to get because the camera zooms in so close to you on those upper pipes that it's difficult to tell when to jump.

Additionally, it's near impossible to get OUT of the upper pipes - the "official" way to get out is to board to the back of the pipe and land on the outside, there are rails that lead you back down to the regular pipe. But the easiest way I found is to just stop on the upper pipe, register your combo, and the press select.

Like I said, I'm not sure it's worth, seems like a crapshoot to me...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:39 pm  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
MrChaos wrote:
vegeta420 wrote:
Has anyone got that 100x combo in competition thing checked off?

I was trying to do it last night... My best was 68K with the 180 trick...

I think I am just going to do the 180 trick...

Some other BIG challenges are going to be hard... Especially the 8 second handplant.. I swear that I did that for 10 seconds but it didn't register it!!!

Chaos!! Do EXACTLY what you saw me doing last Saturday!! It may be tough to find a spot (or maybe not) but just try your best to find enough flat land to do 180's over, and over, and over again! I mean, look how much you can pull off!! I showed off my 305x's combo to ya, and YOU can do it too!! :china

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 7:37 pm  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
I will more the likely end up doing the 180 trick...

Just if I could do a REAL 100X combo, how cool would that be?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 7:56 pm  Post subject:   
XBL: tk9077
PSN: tk102
We have to do a 100+ combo? Oh great. I have my work cut out for me, even more so now! Atleast I get SSX 3 tomorrow, or should I say, I better get SSX 3 tomorrow.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 8:29 pm  Post subject:   
Vivi FF wrote:
We have to do a 100+ combo? Oh great. I have my work cut out for me, even more so now! Atleast I get SSX 3 tomorrow, or should I say, I better get SSX 3 tomorrow.

I hear ya!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:02 am  Post subject:   
Most impressive scores so far. :china

Personally, I've been doing more racing. Managed to get 2:39 on Gravitude, then saw Firebrand's 2:36 time. Now I KNOW I can get a similar time, since I screwed up a number of instances on the 2:39 run. Hopefully, with more practice, I'll be able to eventually "own" Gravitude, at least for a brief while. :heh (Meanwhile, Firebrand and others are probably already pumping out 2:00 or less runs on Gravitude :D ).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:07 am  Post subject:   
11 more seconds and I have you beat in Happiness FBX!!

I am new here and because of this board, I am PUMPED about SSX again. Whish I found it earlier.

Anyway, hope you don't mind my gunning after your records FBX, but your name is on too many boards. :heh

Was looking for you last night online, but couldn't find ya. Maybe tonight we can race. ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM :cheers

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:27 am  Post subject:   
damn, im on campus right now, so i cant look to see what my times were, but i know i've got about 2:42 or 3 on gravitude, and i know i can do better, slightly off line here and there, so its good to know im at least doing something right.

weve gotta remember though, that fbx has had the game for like a week now, so im sure hes using a maxed speed and accel character.

"Don't ask me to lose cause im born now to win, and im building this mountain from outside within. All you outsiders, you haters, you liars, you're time is just counting so come meet the mountain. Move fast, cause the time is short." (Devil Driver)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:35 am  Post subject:   
True about maxing the character out, but the online scores are all based on level players (at 8 - which is stupid) so if you beat his online score you are the man. :china

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 12:11 pm  Post subject:   
Okay, online superpipe should be okay for the next couple of days...FBX and I did a little work on it last night. Go check: :D Online Site
I'm gonna have to go back to the drawing board to get these scores much higher...I've used every trick in the book that I know about at this point. I may try it once or twice more to see, but if not, I'm just going to concentrate on getting my game to 100% completion. :china

EDIT: Then again, maybe not, lol. Prophecy just beat my Schizophrenia score by 3K. Took me a while to get that...I'll worry if he beats my Perpendiculous score, which he might. Looks like he knows all the tricks. Oh well, if he does, I'll just play online normally. Setting records is tiring :lol

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 1:18 pm  Post subject:   
Now, question. When he says 100%, does he mean ONE HUNDRED PERCENT? Like, "Hey, I've bought every piece of clothing for every character, unlocked all of their Highlights, et al"? Because THAT would indeed be a serious challenge. Especially with all those hats!

Not that I'd be averse to it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 1:34 pm  Post subject:   
well i had to go into work yesterday so i only managed to play a couple hours yesterday, but i did manage to get my All Peak Jam score up to 2,082,969!! The things that i have noticed so far that have made a big diffarence are 1. Before, i was holding the board press all the time, which is not always necessary to string your combos! In the superpipe u don't have to press everytime u land, u have a couple of seconds to jump, rail, handplant, or press again before you lose your string, which in superpipe is more than enough time because u launch again so quickly!
2. this baord press revelation lead me to riding the All Peak Jam diffarently, now i try to link the whole thing together(or at least what it will let you), by steering with the left thunbstick(used to use the pad), and tapping the board press about every other second, and steering during that second that i am not pressing(so much more control), then when u come to a jump, make sure that you don't let off the press until your at least a second or two before the jump(the part of the jump u plan to launch off), then during these last two seconds u should prewind, and if all goes well u wil pull off a phatty jump and land to continue your combo string.

One thing that i am bummed about is that it would appear that you can not have a all mt. combo string! I did the first part of All Peak Jam with one continous combo string(around 60X), and i got the points before i started the next section, but it ended my string, then on the middle part i had one continous string for all of it and it did the same thing, it gave me the points but started me over, and then on Metro city i had a continous string and wouldn't you know it- I BLEW IT! Wrecked hard on the train structure at the bottom, i think i would have had about 2,225,000 around there if i hadn't screwed up! This is one downside to this kind of technique, you get past that 50X and you've got alot ridin on your score. when it comes to records i think this is gunna make them tough to beat and also allow for some ridiculously high scores, especially in slopestyle!!

The other thing i have wondered about is in superpipe, which method is better 1.Going for gigantic airs, in which case your combo srting doesn't end up being as high because u spend more time int he air, or 2. Goin for moderate air and trying to get the combo string higher because u can peform more jumps? I can't tell which is better! I have been starting the superpipes by rocking back and forth on my way down to the pipe to start the jumpin with about 5X, then i go for gigantic air after that!

Gondee- u were sayin that to get out of the upper pipes u stalled to collect the points and then reset! How do you stall on the bar, do u maean handplant.? Another way i have found to get out is at the end of the pipe(upper or lower), try to take one last huge jump(can be super huge from the upper pipe, just make sure you are at the very end of the pipe) but shoot out at a 45 degree angle pointing towards the finish line( i try to do it when i am facing the inside of the pipe, gives u lil insurance for landing), if done right u launch and land in front of the finish line!! ( ihave only managed to do it twice, although i cant beat my original 1'014'818! Hey is there a trick to leaning with the hand plant cause good lord i go to get up there, and lean like crazy, he'll pretty much be in, then i'll let go and he flips himself either towards the finish line and right out of the pipe, or he'll flip himself back down the bottom pipe, and lands right in the middle! POW! No momentum after that, and time to restart! I don't know what the hell im doing diffarently when i do make it in with the handplant, i think i might just be gettin lucky! Any suggestions woulf be hella appreciated :???

Last edited by Titan on Wed Oct 22, 2003 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 2:21 pm  Post subject:   
Self-contained Sanitarium
  • SSX Tricky: Racing: #3
Dreaming Gamer wrote:
Most impressive scores so far. :china

Personally, I've been doing more racing. Managed to get 2:39 on Gravitude, then saw Firebrand's 2:36 time. Now I KNOW I can get a similar time, since I screwed up a number of instances on the 2:39 run. Hopefully, with more practice, I'll be able to eventually "own" Gravitude, at least for a brief while. :heh (Meanwhile, Firebrand and others are probably already pumping out 2:00 or less runs on Gravitude :D ).

Naw, but I did set an online ranked time of 2:24. I need to start looking for better lines before trying for lower.

As for MrKing's try at Happy backcountry, you'll find those last 10 seconds getting harder and harder to shave each one off. I could set the time about 3 seconds faster and that would be pretty much a solved run as far as I can tell. My offline for that is at 2:31 (from the 11 stats instead of 8).

Edit: Gondee, you and I both have to work on Schizo. Same place same time tonight!

Edit 2: I found the shortcut I was missing on Metro City. The 1:40s times make perfect sense now. I had reasoned it out last night when thinking about SSX Tricky's Merqury City. Although Cody didn't tell me where it was, I had seen it already and just figured it was worthless, so I checked back and discovered I was quite wrong!!

Now all I have to do is nail the run online!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 3:36 pm  Post subject: All combo style mile  
Hey, it's not great, but it'll do.

86x full-track combo going down Style Mile: 398,223 points.

No stopping to spin or any of that as well.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 5:37 pm  Post subject:   
wow i just watched gondee's much 2 much video and man do i go a totally diffarent route, but i managed to ding 250,289! i drop down to the right in the beginning take the big jump then to the right again, land your jump so u can go back up course, then uber again , come back down to take the same jump, but angle it so you'll jump up hit the jewel and transition to the other side of the course, try not to land so far over that you can't get over to the next jump on the right. take the next jump on your right(the lower one), and hit it well to snag the jewel and fly up to upper section( the times that i have done this Mac actually came up threw the floor a little bit-you'll see what i mean), immediately jump again once (u get up top), jump to next upper platform(the last one),and pull off a phatty while trying to snag that jewel! i think my combo string was at about 21X by the time i hit the bottom! I hope all that made sense!! still can't bust a million on style mile i gotta get better at hittin those multipliers my current best for the mile is 789,923!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 5:44 pm  Post subject:   
ssxtitan wrote:
The other thing i have wondered about is in superpipe, which method is better 1.Going for gigantic airs, in which case your combo srting doesn't end up being as high because u spend more time int he air, or 2. Goin for moderate air and trying to get the combo string higher because u can peform more jumps? I can't tell which is better!

I would say go for the big jumps - combos are important, but the points you accumulate on the big jumps is more important because they build up the total you earn with each combo. Try using the board press as you exit the pipe as well, you can get 3-4 more combos if you switch between front and back boardpress.

Quote:
Gondee- u were sayin that to get out of the upper pipes u stalled to collect the points and then reset! How do you stall on the bar, do u maean handplant.?

No, I just meant completely stop to register your combo, and then select out of the pipe. Nothing fancy.

Quote:
Another way i have found to get out is at the end of the pipe(upper or lower), try to take one last huge jump(can be super huge from the upper pipe, just make sure you are at the very end of the pipe) but shoot out at a 45 degree angle pointing towards the finish line

Yep, this will work too, though it's rather risky. I've crashed more than once doing that. As for whether the pipes are worth it, I don't know. It's a split decision at this point.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 10:45 pm  Post subject:   
Thanx for droppin' science gondee-i appreciate it!

Well i have a couple new scores! I got 691,804 at R&B, but Chaos is right about a million being easily doable on this run! The other score (which i am hoping people may find hard to beat) is on Crow's Nest-267,525, u don't have much time to work with on that one!

i also pulled off 1,140,461 on peak 1 jam! is that good? the only other score to compare it to is Chaos's but he has it down as peak 1 throne jam which doesn't make sense the thrown is at the top(peak 3), so i don't know.

Last edited by Titan on Thu Oct 23, 2003 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 12:26 am  Post subject:   
tomorrow i'll work on my single player scores.

i'd like to see what i can do now, with how much more i've learned of all 3 slopestyle tracks

btw, i think they're totally badass now :heh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 12:54 am  Post subject:   
Nate-In-The-Flesh
  • SSX: Overall: #3
PSN: grandmort
TypeZero wrote:
btw, i think they're totally badass now :heh

Didn't I tell you!
Lol, it's all that Online practice you got with me TypeZero!
:yes

BTW, I literally suck at Slopestyle Online for right now!
...Or let's just say I always manage to crash a nice 20x+ Combo half the way through the course!

:)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 4:07 am  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
ssxtitan wrote:
i also pulled off 1,140,461 on peak 1 jam! is that good? the only other score to compare it to is Chaos's but he has it down as peak 1 throne jam which doesn't make sense the thrown is at the top(peak 3), so i don't know.

I am going to verify that score today.... Just to see if I can do any better...

I did mean to put Peak 1, but I put Throne Jam for some reason... My mistake :(

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 7:54 am  Post subject:   
grandmort...on style mile i had a 38 trick combo going against vegeta worth 180k...

touched a tree, lost it

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :mad :mad :mad

thats one thing that blows with the ranked games, lower stability

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 2:36 pm  Post subject:   
Holy Crap! I don't even beleive this, i just read gondees info on Monster tricks! I just thought that these were other ubers u could buy! I didn't realize that they gave u more points! I have just been stringing together regular old ubers til now! Oh god i can't wait to get out of work to go try them out, i am hoping this will improve my scores drasticaly! That score i have on the peak 1 jam was with one continous trick with a 191X combo string! Thats right folks u read it here first 191X!! :pimp I wanted to take apicture of it, but i was by myself, and when u pause it changes screens, so i thought about pausing and then steering with one hand and snapping a digital pic with the other, but i was to scared i would fuck it up! I should have pumped it up to a 200X combo string, cause i still had a bout 20 secondes left at the bottom, but again i was worried about screwing it up, so i just flew into the finish line for 1,140,461. :wink It did save the score of course. Chaos has probably destroyed this score already!!As stoked as i was about the score and the 191X it made me bummed cause, if it would let u string them the whole way down the All Peak Jam then u could seriously be lookin at combo strings of around 500X or somethin like that! I hate that it starts over at each peak!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 4:23 pm  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
ssxtitan wrote:
That score i have on the peak 1 jam was with one continous trick with a 191X combo string!

AMAZING!!! My best is 104K on Style Mile

ssxtitan wrote:
Chaos has probably destroyed this score already!!

Yep :D 1.24 Million (I will get the official score in a few)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 4:38 pm  Post subject:   
Chaos- i gotta felling u and i are gunna be battling it out for scores for a long time! I love it! That's too funny that u have already beaten my score! 1.24 is pretty damn good! I can't wait to get home and try it again, but this time im gunna hook myself up with some of these monster tricks i was just readin about. i hope they make a big diffarence. Who do u use anyway(Mac?). If it is Mac, whats a good monster trick for him.? have you beaten 267,525 on crow's nest yet(probably a dumb question, im sure u have)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 5:36 pm  Post subject:   
EA BIG Team Member
Oh yeah, when I was talking about %100 completion, I meant the stat on the conquer the mountain screen, that tells you how much of the mountain you've conquered. You need all gold medals, all collectibles & all career highlights I think.

And our tester that combo'd the whole mountain, ended up with (I think) an amazing (about) 800x combo. Give or take a few. And that's without the cheap 180's on the spot trick either.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 344  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 4 of 344 [ 8593 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 344