Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:35 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 344  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 4:14 am  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Speaking of which Perpendiculous: 1,153,583. That was maxing out the bottom pipe, one continous combo, and getting all the blue 3K bonuses on the regular pipe. I'm experimenting with getting into the upper pipes, but I can't seem to transition the handstand into a nice smooth motion - it resets my momentum in the upper pipe and that wastes time and often kills my combo. Plus, for some reason every once in a while the direction I push seems to make me swing the other way, making me fall OUT of the upper pipe instead of inside it. Very frustrating.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 7:14 am  Post subject:   
Was it springing off of the red bars near the end to get into the upper pipes?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 8:05 am  Post subject:   
yes.

i see it as pointless, unless you just hurry up and get the Super Uber spelled out, handplant up there, and get going as fast as possible,.

so im still flabbergasted (haha) as to how im not breaking a million on there yet.

and am i the only one who plays the junction instead of perpendiculous? the biggest course isn't always more fun :no

what a gay little smiley

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 8:42 am  Post subject:   
i just hit 765k on R&B :D

missed 3 3x and a 10x multiplier. i screwed up on my combo a couple times, so that didnt help much, but its a pretty damn good score compared to 493k for my last high

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 9:15 am  Post subject:   
EA BIG Team Member
Hello again. Some answers for ya:

The Metro run was clean, no hidden stuff (at least none you won't find yourselves). I think our internal record is 1:42 which I think is the limit. FBX is up for a challenge to try to beat that! And yes, I really REALLY meant that as the time (not score). You must be missing some good shortcuts or lines. :heh

My run for Kick Doubt was tough, made sure I got all the 10x's. Time was tight, I don't think I could improve it much by backtracking. I sure one of you guys can beat it within a week. When I get my copy of the game, I'll have to build my stats up and try it all over again, and see if I can perfect it. Maybe even 2 million is within reach. I did break my combo right at the end of the run...

The invisible rail on Aloha? Is that rumour still around? Well here's the final word: there is no invisible rail on Aloha. I removed it :) At one point I had a hidden rail that activated only when you swerved around the top of the track hitting the invisible switches, and not hitting the invisible "bobby-traps" that removed the rail. Then, you'd have to jump off the side off the world at just the right spot (I also removed one small section of barrier when I activated the rail), and you'd land on an invisible rail. It was very hard to ride, very steep, and went right from the top of the course to the very bottom. I think I could get a time around 30 seconds using it. But I removed it before we shipped because it was unfair.

Hmm.. an avatar... I'll look for something good. And you can call me whatever pleases you. :)

Another goal for you guys, on R&B and one of our guys got about 1.8 million on that one. Have fun with that!

Hasn't anyone got %100 on the mountain yet? It's a difficult task. I'm wondering how long it will take someone to do it for the first time, without any cheat guides to find all the stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 9:25 am  Post subject:   
Thanks, Cody! Nice to hear that people at EA know how to score too! Maybe they can join the 'official' score-lists the coming weeks.. :china

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:37 am  Post subject:   
Well these are some scores i have written down so far!

The Junction- 786,011
Schizo- 664,109
Perpendiculous- 1,014,818
All Peak Jam- 1,906,944

I got these scores when my Mac was only at like 7 or 8. now that i have all his stats at 11, im gunna give these all another go! I'll put the new scores on here tonight!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:59 am  Post subject:   
Excellent score on the all-peak Jam titan! :china

Quote:
Thanks, Cody! Nice to hear that people at EA know how to score too!

They should, they made the game. :D :lol

Okay, I'm unsure myself how to top this by much at the moment...it seems like I did everything right, so here you go: Much2Much:

:D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 12:08 pm  Post subject:   
Wow. I cannot just get it done on Much-2-Much. Any tips?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 12:15 pm  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
Whargoul wrote:
Hasn't anyone got %100 on the mountain yet? It's a difficult task. I'm wondering how long it will take someone to do it for the first time, without any cheat guides to find all the stuff.

I currently have Peak 1 totally completed.... Peak 2 and 3 are near done just waiting for the challenges to be completed...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 12:17 pm  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
:eek gondee

That is an amazing score... Keep in mind that my 237K was a run where I didn't get nearly everything and didn't hit the very top ramp...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 12:55 pm  Post subject:   
gondee wrote:
Quote:
Thanks, Cody! Nice to hear that people at EA know how to score too!

They should, they made the game. :D :lol

Just inviting them over. Scared? :poke ;P

Hmm, well there is a chance of course that those people from EA get their asses whipped, and then they might concentrate on other titles, in stead of SSX 4, 5 and 6. We don't want THAT.. :wink

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 1:01 pm  Post subject:   
There may be little things you can use to break my score, but I've been trying for an hour and I always score 340-350K. So using that method, I think you could score a little higher, but not much.

Busu - there's a Much2Much vid I posted in the spoiler thread - it's on the second page. Look at that for tips on how to play Much2Much. :china

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 1:17 pm  Post subject:   
Self-contained Sanitarium
  • SSX Tricky: Racing: #3
Alrighty then!

I've got to figure out a new line for Metro City. 1:42 deemed perfect... That's means I should be able to beat it by 5 seconds. Just kidding! I'll have to start digging around to see what i missed. Thanks Cody!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 3:18 pm  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
These are my current records:

Schizophrenia: 825,851 - Can easily hit a million here
Style Mile: 1,203,911 - Can do a little bit higher
R&B: 596,394 - TERRIBLE.... I can get AT LEAST 1 million
Crow's Nest: 199,745 - Could be near the 300K range by the time I'm done
The Junction: 919,912 - Another million course
Kick Doubt: 927,546 - Another million course
Much2Much: 240,348 SINGLE RUN - WHOLE RUN - 380,609
Perpendiculous: 1,172,318 - Could be a little bit higher.. I am shooting for 1.3 Million
All Peak Jam: 2,150,385
Peak 2 Throne Jam: 1,642,489
Peak 1 Throne Jam: 804,849 - Another million course

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 4:13 pm  Post subject:   
Quote:
1,172,318 - Could be a little bit higher.. I am shooting for 1.3 Million

Good job! It's tough getting much higher than 1,150,000, isn't it? Did you get up into the upper pipes? Do you think it's worth it?

Quote:

What do you mean by this? Do you mean your highest single score (1 time down the track) is 240K? And that after the second heat you got 380K? If so, my highest is almost 680K...340K then 335 on second run.

Last edited by gondee on Tue Oct 21, 2003 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 4:27 pm  Post subject:   
I need 12 more BIG challenges and the mountain is mine!

Has anyone got that 100x combo in competition thing checked off?

I did one last night but it was in freeride so it didn't check it off. I should add that that's the longest combo you can do. At 100 it comes up and says SSX combo or something, I didn't see it, my friend did. I was too busy trying not to drop a combo like that!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 4:37 pm  Post subject:   
Quote:
I need 12 more BIG challenges and the mountain is mine!

Okay little army of chinese smilies, bow to Vegeta!

:china :china :china :china :china :china :china :china :china :china :china :china :china :china :china :china

Quote:

This is ridiculously easy to get - do this:

Go to Superpipe. Don't do the pipe, instead, go down to the bottom of the pipe. Commence doing 180 after 180 after 180 (or as I did, just hold left and tap B like mad). Took me like two minutes. ;P Then finish.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 4:59 pm  Post subject:   
:china Thanks :china I guess that's what no on-line play for 5 days will get ya! NICE trick by the way, i'll do that when i get home :yes And that much2much score...SICK!

Oh, gondee, you gotta build up Zoe. She looks AWESOME! Pig tails sticking straight up, red face paint, Demon wings, LOUD pants, a huge digi-mon like bashing glove, and a flaming board. I have Mac, Griff, Nate, Allegra, Kaori, and Zoe with full stats and pretty cool threads. Zoe's gear is by far my favorite :devil

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 5:22 pm  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
gondee wrote:
Quote:
1,172,318 - Could be a little bit higher.. I am shooting for 1.3 Million

Good job! It's tough getting much higher than 1,150,000, isn't it? Did you get up into the upper pipes? Do you think it's worth it?

Quote:

What do you mean by this? Do you mean your highest single score (1 time down the track) is 240K? And that after the second heat you got 380K? If so, my highest is almost 680K...340K then 335 on second run.

1. No... I still can't figure out how to get up there... Plus, I have been examining it and it appears, at least on the right side, there is a hole in the middle that would cause you to fall down...

2. Yep... 2nd heat total... I can seem to get above 240K... Even doing the best I can do... OH well, practice makes perfect....

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 5:25 pm  Post subject:   
Chaos are the rest of your scores first and seconf heat combined,like say style mile 1,203,911 is that all in your first heat(run), cause if so that's awesome, and what the hell was the combined score(must have been huge)

if u look at your score at the beginning of your second run(second heat) u will see that you already have the score from your first run, i gotta crazy excited and thought i had some crazy blow out run, and then i played again and realized that it started me with my first heat points at the beginning of my second heat. So i think Chaos is talkin about his first=240,348 and second=380,609 heats. Whatever he means the scores are kick ass and im gunna have trouble beaten em! I just now figured out how to get into the top pipes on Perpendiculous, it's kinda hard to do it without losing my combo string, i can do it but, yeah u lose mass momentum(pretty much all of it), and then u gotta board press and get goin on the thing at the same time to not lose the combos(not easy), i noticed you can handplant off the cables that hold the banners, for a lil while i thought thats how u were supposed to get in.( i was getin crazy frustrated).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:08 pm  Post subject:   
WOW... only played 10 games online so far and I am 3rd in racing on Happiness. woooooohoooooooooooo

Watchout FBX!!!!!!!! :yes :heh :yes

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:09 pm  Post subject:   
Self-contained Sanitarium
  • SSX Tricky: Racing: #3
Okay, I PM'd Cody. Hopefully he will get my messages!

I'm still having trouble finding a faster line than my 2:10. Being nearly 30 seconds slow, there's gotta be some huge shortcut I'm missing.

BTW anybody know if the Prima guide has full maps of the tracks?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:10 pm  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
ssxtitan wrote:
Chaos are the rest of your scores first and seconf heat combined,like say style mile 1,203,911 is that all in your first heat(run), cause if so that's awesome, and what the hell was the combined score(must have been huge)

Nope.... Those scores on one single run... I hope to get some insane scores recorded when I go over my friend's house on Saturday...

Combined Style Mile was about 2 million... But for some reason, they never combine my scores during the second heat...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:13 pm  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
vegeta420 wrote:

I was trying to do it last night... My best was 68K with the 180 trick...

I think I am just going to do the 180 trick...

Some other BIG challenges are going to be hard... Especially the 8 second handplant.. I swear that I did that for 10 seconds but it didn't register it!!!

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 344  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 3 of 344 [ 8593 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 344