Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:52 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Are the skins really worth it or would you rather Create-a-Boarder
Poll ended at Mon Oct 20, 2003 12:12 am
Skins 75%  75%  [ 12 ]
C-A-B 25%  25%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 16
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 12:12 am  Post subject: Are the skins really worth it???  
In a way I think having character skins takes away from the game. I've never played SSX but in Tricky you only started out with 3 characters and their was some mystery to the other 5 new characters along with the other 3 ssx characters. It was easy to unlock them but you still had to work for them. Each new character brought a new personality to the table. With the whole skin characters you only get the look of the characters that we all know and love and that leaves them with no personality. Now correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't that the whole reason for not having a create-a-character on this game. Me personally I would have rather created my own character in a likeness of myself who is mute then to have a skin (which basically is worthless to me) of a personality lacking boarder. It may be funny to watch stretch or whoever's skin they have going down the mountain but is it worth it. Just my opinion. What do you think?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 6:51 am  Post subject:   
Starving Artist
I think the skins are fine. I mean they are pretty useless but they could have just not put them in the game at all, so it's really kind of like a little bonus for nostalgia sake. The reason I don't like the C-A-B idea is because the SSX series is so based on characters that I think it would really take away from the feel of the game. In most sports games it's an excellent idea, but the point of SSX is not for a true-to-life snowboarding simulation to bring you into. I think the game is really driven by character design and development, so throwing something new in the mix would flug it all up.

That’s just my opposing argument… :wink

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 9:25 am  Post subject:   
XBL: Omoikane x8
I agree with Krystony, the characters really are a major part of the game (at least for me anyway). I'd rather see skins than a C-A-B options. It's unfortunate that the skins are just that ("skins"), but at least they're in there. I think the bolt-ons are a perfect compromise between the established characters and a C-A-B option. They allow you to design the boarders how you'd like yet the unique character of each boarder is still kept intact.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 11:32 am  Post subject:   
yepz, bolt ons are much better :wink

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 12:40 pm  Post subject:   
Skins, so I can play as Marisol again :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 1:53 pm  Post subject:   
Skins are the best.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 3:50 pm  Post subject:   
XBL: tk9077
PSN: tk102
If both share similar qualities, then why not have both?

But I think EA put the other characters as like an extra or something. They really had no intention of putting them in but decided to just for the heck of it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 12:44 am  Post subject:   
Okay, it seems to me that most everyone likes the skins right now. I wonder if any will change after the game has come out. I have to post another poll next Sunday to see what people think then. I still think that the skins aren't worth the extra space just to watch. With taking their voices away hurts the point of playing with them. I'm not into voice licenses or anything like that but they could have just pulled the voices from the previous two. I don't know if they had the power to do that or if they would have had to pay the actors again (probably) but I would have rather had it that way as opposed to skins. Maybe I don't really care for the skins since my favorite characters are still on there from the get go.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]