Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:32 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:38 pm  Post subject: SSX 3 - Weekly Challenge #3  
SSX 3: Racing: #1SSX On Tour: Showoff: #1SSX 3: Overall: #1SSX On Tour: Overall: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 8
  • Overall Best Players: #2
  • SSX 3: Racing: #1
  • SSX On Tour: Showoff: #1
  • SSX 3: Overall: #1
  • SSX On Tour: Overall: #1
  • SSX 3: Showoff: #2
  • Overall Best Players: Showoff: #2
  • SSX On Tour: Racing: #3
Weekly Challenge #3

Hello everyone, as week #2 of the weekly challenges is coming to a close, the third weekly challenge has been decided on. We go back to a racing challenge this week, but it's an... unorthodox one.

Challenge #3 - Slopestyle Race - R&B

Get the best time you can racing through the R&B slopestyle event. You must do the race cleanly (No wormholes, no select resets or other glitches not intended to be in the game - if you are unsure, ask if something is ok). Video of your run must be provided in this thread.
Hopefully this rule set isn’t too restrictive and will produce interesting route changes and results. Please leave any feedback you have about this challenge or any suggestions for future challenges in this thread!

Instructions:

1) Go to the Single Event mode. Do not play in Conquer the Mountain mode.
2) Select the R&B slopestyle track on peak 1.
3) In My Rules before starting the event, turn on the following settings: "Start with full boost" and "No timer".
4) Start the event and race!

Scoreboard for weekly challenges

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jKq_5wl2KXy3e_uFxsOydOv0tQKHJVeGog3wmailPNs/edit?usp=sharing[

Best of luck to whoever decides to try, we all hope you'll have a lot of fun with this challenge!

Last edited by 898ppp on Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:06 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 - Weekly Challenge #3  
PSN: Kubi-ssx
I can't wait to try this, excellent idea!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:34 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 - Weekly Challenge #3  
SSX 3: Showoff: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX 3: Showoff: #1
well, I started to competitively play this game almost five years ago, and since then I never played in race because definitely i'm not good at it, but this idea was awesome, and I had so much fun to try, of course I do not I will have a chance against race masters in a race challenge, but I feel like I was owe this to you guys (once in 2011 898ppp ask me about my race times) , because of you race masters participating with me in freestyle challenge, so here is my entry for this challenge, I hope you have fun and enjoy the video, because I'm a disaster in race events, now feel free to destroy my time :heh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCoSetHy3V4&feature=youtu.be

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:49 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 - Weekly Challenge #3  
This is actually a pretty good run, especially for someone who doesn't race. Your path is very similar to one of my paths. Keep it up, I'm sure you can get it down to near 1:30!

I have been able to consistently get 1:33 - 1:35. I don't have the very end figured out, it seems that everything is equally slow and there is no way to do it quickly. I'm sure that sub-1:30 is very possible once we figure out the ending.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:28 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 - Weekly Challenge #3  
This is my first entry, with a time of 1:33. As I said, the ending is really slow, but once we nail that, 1:32 or 1:31 could be possible. I take back my statements about sub-1:30, I don't think it's possible with this path.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:20 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 - Weekly Challenge #3  
Fliper, it makes me very happy to see you participating in this race challenge! your run is actually quite fast, especially for the route you take.

Kubi, I'm sorry to say that 898ppp dropped the ball in his description of this weeks challenge and I didn't catch his mistake in the post either... this run was suppose to be clean so unfortunately your run is probably invalid unless we change our initial plans on the challenge... However I feel that allowing things such as wormholes in challenges really takes the fun out of things... I hope you can understand where I am coming from. Also It might be possible to get a faster time clean anyways... I am still working on the route near the end but so far It's looking promising

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:36 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 - Weekly Challenge #3  
I see. Oh well, I'll try again. :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:40 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 - Weekly Challenge #3  
I'm really sorry that wasn't made clear in the initial post :( hopefully you didn't spend to much time on that run.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:46 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 - Weekly Challenge #3  
I spent several hours figuring out all the points the wormhole can reset at, the earliest times to reset to get I'm those places and comparing how fast they are. At least I enjoyed it, it was a nice break from doing the same path over and over again and actually figuring out something new, so I'm happy. :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:54 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 - Weekly Challenge #3  
To be fair, I didn't even KNOW there was an R&B wormhole so I thought 'clean' wasn't needed. I already brought it up to 898 and Rithek about Style Mile and Kick Doubt having wormholes but again, thought R&B was safe there. Thanks for showing us something new and cool at least, Kubi.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:59 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 - Weekly Challenge #3  
No track is safe from wormholes Imo insetik... no track!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:05 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 - Weekly Challenge #3  
weekly challenge 4, find a wormhole out of a superpipe :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:33 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 - Weekly Challenge #3  
SSX 3: Racing: #1SSX On Tour: Showoff: #1SSX 3: Overall: #1SSX On Tour: Overall: #1
Hahaha yeah, I made a mistake here, I'm really sorry about that. I didn't think there were any beneficial wormholes in this track, only non-beneficial ones, so I didn't see the end. Well, I've been shown differently and will add that rule promptly. I'm extremely sorry my mistake has to invalidate your run, Kubi. In the future, assume that all runs are clean unless otherwise specified, as all three of us feel that the more WHs are allowed, the less the competition becomes. (After all, a WH is a location in which everyone is travelling the exact same speed for an amount of time)

So yeah, I was intending to specify this is we were to do another of the slopestyle tracks for this challenge, but I didn't see the need here. You have the racing skill necessarily to get an excellent time clean too though, maybe even better than that one! I believe it's possible personally. Best of luck if you do try again, and again, sorry for dropping the ball on this. x]

Otherwise, your race run is excellent Fliper, great job on it even though you don't race usually! It is very interesting to see you try out racing skills, this is the first time I've seen that, it took me 3 years of waiting but it finally happened ;P Awesomely done!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:40 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 - Weekly Challenge #3  
I played around with the ending today. I am pretty confident about the middle of the course, but I had no idea how to approach the last part, which is exactly where the video starts. This is the best I could come up with, but I'm sure there could be a better way. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could improve this?

One thing that's possible is to land on the tree trunk (after the 0:20 mark), grind it and then move to the right and continue as normal. However, it doesn't look much faster and it's much harder to do.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:31 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 - Weekly Challenge #3  
woahhh guys :D , Rithek Kubi and 898ppp, really I am very happy and grateful for these comments, I'm not very good in race, but I will try my race skills in this challenge opportunity with you guys, I greatly appreciate praise coming from race master as you guys, I was very focused to achieve high scores in backcountries and slopestyles,(really really relenthless scores)I was a bit stressed about it, and these challenges has relieved me the tension in a way, so thanks again you guys all of you are awesome, Kubi, this final looks very nice and intelligent :thumbsup , but it seems more complicated to take this sequence of three rail ... which their margin of success?
i did a few attemps more today and i improve a little bit the end but is nothing special...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INafmfBubAY enjoy :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:08 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 - Weekly Challenge #3  
I just got a 1:36 time on recording a few minutes ago... my best is a 1:35 but I haven't been able to capture one on recording as of yet... There are still a lot of improvements to be made on this run but at least I have a run submitted early on this time! Hope you all are enjoying this weeks challenge!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:46 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 - Weekly Challenge #3  
My stream might have had a 10 minute delay on it, but that didn't stop me from going fast! Here is my time I got yesterday. Can the routes all come together to make things better? Oh, anyways, the time is 1:35.762 according to my editing program.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:41 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 - Weekly Challenge #3  
Rithek, this is exactly the path I was trying to do, except I found that landing on the rail after the rail at 0:34 in your run and going to the right on the two rails is much easier and not really slower.

Very interesting videos, guys!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:24 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 - Weekly Challenge #3  
wow guys you are fucking faster, what more i can say? and you did this seens like a easy thing to do ! keeo it up with these awesome works.. hey Kubi and 898ppp, i'm ansious to see your runs, i have certain that have a GREAT time coming... :D

ps: sorry for my crappy inglish :heh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:22 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 - Weekly Challenge #3  
Just got a 1:35 on stream today... looking for that 1:34 before the end of the challenge!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:30 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 - Weekly Challenge #3  
Hope it was worth the wait, because here's my submission coming at you red hot!

I use a very weird path. I have absolutely no idea if it's any good, I recorded this run a few days ago. :P Still, very happy with this run!

Time: ~1:35.2 (Would appreciate if someone can check more exactly than that)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:45 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 - Weekly Challenge #3  
Everyone is getting 1:35 runs, I think I'll upload my run from yesterday just to join the party. :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:12 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 - Weekly Challenge #3  
Lol, so wait, we'll have four people at 1:35? x)

I just did some more close checking on the times and I have specified them as far as possible. I think this should be relatively correct down to the nearest hundreth. Scoreboards have been updated!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:47 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 - Weekly Challenge #3  
Alright, so I hate to make things hard for you all, but...

I did another run, and I don't know what time I got. The time is so on the edge of being a 1:34 or 1:35 that the game timer says one thing while my editing timer says another. In the interest of being safe, I'm saying this is a flat 1:35.00 time. Check it out, and tell me what you think. If it really, really matters, I think 898ppp can download videos and check things by exact frames as well.

So now my time is 1:35.00. I hope everyone does some good racing and remember that tomorrow is the final day for this week's challenge.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:01 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 3 - Weekly Challenge #3  
This isn't the best run posted here, a very slow 1:35. Also, it rendered terribly. Oh well, I'm sure I can improve this before tomorrow.

Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  1, 2