Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:06 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:32 am  Post subject: Yuri Lowenthal did NOT voice Viggo - Comic Con story  
PSN: CharmyDweeng
so i went to a panel at comic con (the only one i went to) that had a bunch of different voice actors

yuri lowenthal starts telling a story about one of the worst gigs he ever had. he said that when he got to the studio and was handed the script, he saw that half of the lines were in swedish. he told them he didn't speak swedish and i guess there was a mixup with his agent, whatever. he does the english lines with a swedish accent, but mentions he eventually was replaced by another actor for the role anyway, however like half the sites around still credit him for viggo's voice

only by the end of this story did he mention this was for ssx 3, and i lit up because i had unlocked so many mysteries in my head right then

raised my hand and started going on about how i'm an ssx fan and always suspected it wasn't actually him since i know his work and his credit wasn't consistent, and it was a relief for me to know it wasn't him

because then i tell him that this bad experience for him was a blessing in disguise since viggo is universally the most hated character in the series. he stands up and starts bowing down on his knees, the whole room laughs, it was a great moment.

i also mentioned that his replacement didn't ever give any swedish lines nor did he use any sort of accent. he laughed and i made his day. it was a good time.

funny how 13 years later a bad memory can turn into a great story for someone. wheeeeee

ssx 6 at e3 next year

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:26 am  Post subject: Re: Yuri Lowenthal did NOT voice Viggo - Comic Con story  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Well look at that. That's pretty awesome and explains a lot.

Yeah, our reaction to Viggo was instant - everyone at the SSX 3 Weekend was like - his voice doesn't fit.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:00 am  Post subject: Re: Yuri Lowenthal did NOT voice Viggo - Comic Con story  
PSN: jonipooon
That's really funny.

Seriously though, how hard could it be to find a voice actor who can speak a little bit Swedish? That was really bad research from EA's side.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]