Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:07 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:55 am  Post subject: Help!!!  
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX 3: Racing: #2
There are two things I need help with... first is the first wormhole in Ruthless. I jump off at that point like in the master run, but I don't free-fall, and am reset back to the beginning. Secondly, In intimidator at about 11%, how do I go over the rail which eventually allows me to reset further in the track. In the master run, it appears that you don't even jump!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:02 am  Post subject: Re: Help!!!  
make sure that youre doing 180 spins and wait for the "S" in the corner to light up to indicate that you switched your stance

also if you hit the wrong spot, the game resets (although its not likely to hit that spot)

that intimidator skip is really difficult. there isnt really a setup for it. i guess just make sure that your board isnt facing too much to the side or it doesnt work. you also need good speed.

ZreknarF

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:18 am  Post subject: Re: Help!!!  
What do the 180s do? I didn't know about it being crucial to pull it off!!! Thanks for the heads up

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:37 am  Post subject: Re: Help!!!  
There's an internal timer in the game that starts counting when it realizes that you are outside of the level, it lasts about 2.5 seconds. Everytime you switch your stance, the timer gets reset.

ZreknarF

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:06 am  Post subject: Re: Help!!!  
Oh that makes sense! Thanks a lot! :thumbsup

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:27 am  Post subject: Re: Help!!!  
That Intimidator wormhole is frustrating me... :cry I only last a few seconds in free-fall, and then i am reset onto the track!!! :shrug

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:12 pm  Post subject: Re: Help!!!  
SSX 3: Racing: #1SSX On Tour: Showoff: #1SSX 3: Overall: #1SSX On Tour: Overall: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 8
  • Overall Best Players: #2
  • SSX 3: Racing: #1
  • SSX On Tour: Showoff: #1
  • SSX 3: Overall: #1
  • SSX On Tour: Overall: #1
  • SSX 3: Showoff: #2
  • Overall Best Players: Showoff: #2
  • SSX On Tour: Racing: #3
Voltron wrote:
There's an internal timer in the game that starts counting when it realizes that you are outside of the level, it lasts about 2.5 seconds. Everytime you switch your stance, the timer gets reset.

Interesting. I never knew that was the reason. Still, if this is true, why do wormholes toss you out if you spin too frequently? Using this explanation, the timer should just reset while there's still a significant amount of time. Why does the wormhole want none of your shit when you spin too fast? Does anyone know this?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:03 am  Post subject: Re: Help!!!  
PSN: Kubi-ssx
898ppp wrote:
Voltron wrote:

Interesting. I never knew that was the reason. Still, if this is true, why do wormholes toss you out if you spin too frequently? Using this explanation, the timer should just reset while there's still a significant amount of time. Why does the wormhole want none of your shit when you spin too fast? Does anyone know this?

I always thought it was because computers read code in order, from top to bottom. When you spin, the CPU prioritises the code to switch your stance over checking where you are on the map for some reason, likely unintentionally. Perhaps because the developers wanted tricks to work quickly? Anyway, the CPU executes the code that switches your stance and before it can read more code, you change Stance again, forcing the CPU to execute it again.

I suck at explaining things (I really dread the written computing exam :heh), but I hope you understand.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]