Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:31 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:04 am  Post subject: Skate. series  
XBL: SpR1tEzER0
Anyone of you played the games?
I have beated 2 and just bought 3 :D
It's a great series
But SSX is better :rolleyes
Thoughts?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:34 am  Post subject: Re: Skate. series  
Got 1, bought 2 2 days after release and bought 3 on release day.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:14 pm  Post subject: Re: Skate. series  
PSN: CHROMANAUT_
i love this series. definitely my second favorite game series after SSX.

3 is the best. could screw around all day on that game.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:56 pm  Post subject: Re: Skate. series  
XBL: aKw3i 999
Skate 3's the only one i own and its pretty good...
Hall of meat games with mates are funny and like Tunes just messing about when i get bored as well

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:07 pm  Post subject: Re: Skate. series  
I used to play Skate 1 the most when it first dropped. Wasn't feeling Skate 2 for some reason so only played for 2 days. Own Skate 3 but never got into it as much as I want to. Too busy.

But long story short, the community is divided. The old heads and vets don't really respect the games after OG Skate, and definitely not S3. Then you have new guys come in but a few of the old heads have an elitist mentality. This is made worst by the fact that the servers started having problems and EA not really being proactive towards fixing stuff. Almost as if they're trying to phase the game out. And everyone is pretty much convinced that there won't be a Skate 4.

So it's a shame. Personally, I feel that EA whored the series by churning out new ones so fast, never allowing the previous to expand and transform. We should've been playing OG Skate for at least 3 years. It was just that groundbreaking. All of the games have tremendous amounts of content, but the first had the best physics and was catered more towards actual skaters. The rest....more towards gamers. This isn't a bad thing per say. But in this case, it kinda led to a division of the scene, with the faithfuls still playing OG Skate to this day. Oh btw, they removed OG Skate servers about a month ago. Which led to more hate.

Whatever. Skate series is awesome. I'll still pop S3 in from time to time. Prob re-buy OG Skate too.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:17 am  Post subject: Re: Skate. series  
PSN: CHROMANAUT_
i've definitely been playing skate since skate 1, and like any other game, i feel the game has just expanded and grown more, rather than being whored out. i'm not arguing with you mike, just for the sake of skate topic of conversation.

i feel like skate 1 was lacking something. it lacked the freedom that REAL skateboarding has. for example, you should be able to get off your board to go to the best spots. it also didn't have some of the best tricks, handplants, footplants, darkslides, one footers, etc.

i think skate was TOO real also, in some aspects. i mean, after all, i don't play video games for it to be exactly like real life, i play them so i can be good at stuff i'm not good at in real life. skate 1 seemed too rigid. it seemed like it was trying reeeeeally hard not to be like any other game, and it did that beautifully, but i think it could have done it better.

now, i understand where people are coming from, but i would probably tend to disagree with them. skate 3 is my favorite because the world is all new, and SOOOO BIIIIIG. there are a BUNCH of different areas that each have something that caters to a certain awesome aspect of skate i.e. speed, vert, rails and street skating, big air, and insane spots. there's just so much of it. the flipping is harder, which even though i sometimes don't like, makes it more realistic. there's a new mode than doesn't gravitate you to the rail as easily, reflecting real skateboarding a bit more.

not to mention from a designer's perspective, skate has always been beautifully executed. the menus and the level design is amazing. i definitely think this is at least one aspect that changed but continues to be amazing as the games went on. skate 1 was so refreshing in that sense, everything nice simple and clean. i think each game has done that but in a different way.

i love the skate series. haters gonna hate.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:28 pm  Post subject: Re: Skate. series  
I find nothing wrong with any of the skate games.

Also, I am in need of sugar cubes.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:52 pm  Post subject: Re: Skate. series  
What i like about the games is that even doing the basic tricks is fun because there's so much different areas where to trick.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:02 am  Post subject: Re: Skate. series  
PSN: hypnotic_boogie
i have all 3.
1 was wonderful, 2 was ok, and 3 was just.... unnecessary and rushed?

i play 3, but only when theres...nothing else really to do and i feel like playing a video game.
much more fun online with friends then single player tho.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:47 am  Post subject: Re: Skate. series  
XBL: tk9077
PSN: tk102
I had played a couple of the Skate demos, and I thought they seemed like pretty decent games. I never bought/played the full versions though. Haha.

I just felt they made the game too realistic. Before Skate came out, I played the Tony Hawk series and except for Proving Ground, everything was a lot more automated. You just pushed a direction and Square or Circle, and you did a trick. Not having to move the directional sticks in different directions to do a trick. That's probably why I never got into the Skate games.

But they seem pretty cool. I was very tempted to get Skate 3 when it came out. Not sure why I didn't though..

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:13 pm  Post subject: Re: Skate. series  
I've never played 1
2 was awesome, i think it really had the best feel to skating
3 is great, all the new features are really good.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:42 am  Post subject: Re: Skate. series  
XBL: Joshie2499
PSN: Joshie2499
Beaten 2 and 3 but can't go online :cry

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ]