Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:56 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:43 pm  Post subject: That's right, it's time for a job thread...  
SSX: Racing: #1
Clayman
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX: Racing: #1
  • SSX: Overall: #2
I just gotta the job of my life. I work in this health food place inside of a huge ass gym. We make all these protein/general health shakes, have massive healthy foods, supplements, meal replacements and shit. It's awesome. And maybe after college I can work in the gym as personal trainer, I dunno. But right now, I'm in heaven.

So post your current employment fellow gravers.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:30 pm  Post subject:   
i own a boat and kayak rental business~ :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:56 am  Post subject:   
XBL: Paystationiat_512
PSN: Ablata_ab_albA
none

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:38 am  Post subject:   
PSN: jonipooon
Finito. I don't care about working... I get money in whatever case.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:32 pm  Post subject:   
PSN: MistressWiggle
I work in a garden center it's pretty good.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:16 pm  Post subject:   
How much you get alp?~

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:09 pm  Post subject:   
Lifeguard 4 hours a week - 10 bucks an hour to sit on my ass and learn traditional chinese... (nobody shows up on my shift)

Swimming teacher 6 hours a week - 8.50 to teach little kids how to swim, and teach bigger kids how to teach little kids how to swim and teach bigger kids to teach little kids how to swim and teach bigger kids how to...

I make a difference... haha

10 hours - roughly 180 every two weeks, pays for my weekends... and that's all that matters meng!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:33 pm  Post subject:   
Clayman
Khalpz wrote:
How much you get alp?~

9.00/Hr to start off, then a raise I believe after 3 months. This job is just to hold me off until May when I start my summer job, which yields over $600 a week. :)

But that is as a frycook, at least now I can eat everything in my work place. :heh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:05 pm  Post subject:   
Dunno if anyone has heard of Middlebury College, but I work at a dining hall there, doing dishes. It's not very glamorous, and I only make 7.75 an hour, but I work 12 hours a week so I get about 180 every 2 weeks. It's not bad.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:58 pm  Post subject:   
NA wrote:
I work in a garden center it's pretty good.

oh thats an awesome job. i would toally love to work at a nursery or gardn place.

very cool~ :china

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:35 pm  Post subject:   
I'm not working, but I'm seriously thinking of delivering newspapers in the weekends when it gets a bit warmer.

Newspaper dude has always been my dream job since you get your whole days off...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:29 pm  Post subject:   
PSN: RocketCat
i work for Sonofon, witch is a danish cell phones operator,,, so i sell people cell phones and show old ladys how to set the clock on their nokia :P

pays 16,5$ a hour on weekdays
22,9$ on saturdays
and 24,6$ on sundays...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:52 pm  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
I work for Sprint/Nextel obviously selling cell phones. Apparently I'm so impressive with my people skills that a gentlemen from Primerica (one of the biggest financial groups on the Dow 30) basically offered me a job. Had it not been for FT college, FT work and FT reviewing, I would have probably taken it. Just the guy seemed very eerie and was pressuring me into accepting it (saying that ppl there make 140K a yr and $140/hr) but I've seen people that make as little as $63/wk.

Anyhow with Sprint I made $10.05 an hr and then a boatload on commission. Last month I made about $2400 (nearly $700 every 2 weeks and about $800-$1000 in commission <--- and I didn't even hit my quota!!)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:16 pm  Post subject:   
I am a complete drain on society.

Sarah and Joanne are wrong- this stays in here until it's proven.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:22 am  Post subject:   
my most recent job was working at an independent bookstore. i only even considered it cos one of my good friends works there, but i actually really liked it, i hope i can work there again during the summer.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:46 am  Post subject:   
PSN: CHROMANAUT_
I used to be a dishwasher at two different places, but now I work at F.Y.E. (for your entertainment) which is equivalent to Media Play. It sells a shit ton of CDs and Video Games and Movies. I get mad discounts on everything, I love it. I also volunteer at a daycare at my old school. Word.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:47 pm  Post subject:   
Tokushu wrote:
I used to be a dishwasher at two different places, but now I work at F.Y.E. (for your entertainment) which is equivalent to Media Play. It sells a shit ton of CDs and Video Games and Movies. I get mad discounts on everything, I love it. I also volunteer at a daycare at my old school. Word.

That's cool; I used to volunteer at a local daycare in Toronto, in my early teens. They liked me because I was great with kids.

As I've said in threads past, I work in IT. I programmed for the web and telecommunications apps until 2001, and I've been in IT Operations since, which is basically a very hands-on helpdesk. This job is so dirty that we wear jeans and t-shirts every day to work. It sucks; I like to dress nicely. The job is a keeper, though; I work for one of the top 25 companies in Fortune Magazine's 2007 "Top 100 Companies to Work For" list. I make enough money, and this job is easy, though I often miss the mental exercise of programming.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:13 pm  Post subject:   
Classic Killa
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX: Showoff: #2
Oh man, today is awesome for two reasons. Today is my 4th anniversary with my girlfriend, and that made today/this morning awesome, but it got even better a couple hours ago as I just got hired/oriented for a new job at Miles Kimball. I would do customer service, but mostly data entry, which I own at. The hours are godly cause Miles Kimball lets you choose whatever hours you feel like. And the best part about it is, I get paid $11.00 an hour :pimp

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:21 pm  Post subject:   
XBL: Paystationiat_512
PSN: Ablata_ab_albA
OK, I get money for betting on Joni :heh :heh :heh

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:30 pm  Post subject:   
Aw.. you guys have such cool jobs I'm ashamed to admit I'm a burger bitch at McDonald's, making 7 bucks an hour... :heh

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:21 am  Post subject:   
lolz don't feel bad, Dani, i push carts at a retail store...I'm doing cashier training in March, though...getting a 10 cent raise haha

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:49 am  Post subject:   
gondee's FAQ writer
well, technically I am the Lead Supervisor of the Loan department here at PNC bank, but what that really means is I have a nice corner office that I can sit in and do absolutely nothing.

My cousin, whom I got a job at PNC, is my second, and he kicks ass. Everyone he has in turn gotten a job works in the loan department too, and they all work, very well to boot. Point is, they make my job very easy -- there isn't nearly as much supervision needed when you have the number 1 department in the entire company. Its so awesome.

40 grand a year, all salary, and while i view salary as the enemy, for now, there is no need for me to work overtime -- the loan department leads every other divison at pnc in all the important statistics (efficiency, lowest time off, etc, etc) so I guess I have no right to complain.

And to boot, I finally have a job/position where I can sit at work and just browse the internet whenever I want, lol. If SSX5 comes out, I guess work is the time I will be using to write walkthroughs hehe.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:58 am  Post subject:   
Clayman
I'm guessing you used to play WoW at work?:heh

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:19 pm  Post subject:   
Classic Killa
  • SSX: Showoff: #2
First day on the job!!

:heh I look way out of it. I'm wearing a jacket over my sweatshirt because it's -10 here before the wind chill :cry

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:05 pm  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Haha, I used to have a job like LBs, except I wasn't a supervisor. I actually had so little to do when I was a temp and moved up here to Oregon that I started writing guides to fill the time and appear to passers-by that I was doing something productive. :heh

Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  1, 2