Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:07 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:56 pm  Post subject:   
SSX: Racing: #1
Clayman
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX: Racing: #1
  • SSX: Overall: #2
Damn that sucks, so what is your 0-60? Did you dyno the car?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:59 pm  Post subject:   
XBL: RalphBattle1
PSN: RalphBattle1
alpmaster wrote:
Damn that sucks, so what is your 0-60? Did you dyno the car?

0-60 no idea. Yes I did dyno at 432whp and 394wtq @ 14psi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:46 pm  Post subject:   
p0rn Star
PSN: YoshiExcel
k, let me adress a few things..

first off, the 6 speed honda over an automatic GTO, umm no thanks. ill take the GTO... fuck honda. I honestly wish we couldve gotten a 6 speed, but heres the honest truth: we live in Houston, TX with some of the most notorious traffic in the US besided NY and LA and i think boston, the traffic here is HELL and a manual car will be fucked up in no time. almost noone here likes to drive a stick, so we decided to just skip on the stick. Besides im just posting a car we drive not something were gonna be modding and shit for racing or whatever. we just wanted something cool looking and sporty. if we were racing this car or lived elswhere, most definetly we wouldve gotten a stick.

now, about the Red interior.........DUDE......RED ON BLACK is sick as fuck. red interior with a black exterior, i have gotten nothing but compliments on that. people love that shit, and personally i fuckin LOVE it.

RalphBattle, i love your car, and possibly within this year ill have one similar to it, i love the blue yo! hopefully by the end of the year i can get one just like yours! its like my dream car right now.

Ahh.....the Ford Taurus SHO....one of the most underrated cars on the planet. A smile graces my face everytime i see one smoke a Mustang or anything else a taurus "shouldnt" beat. thats a car ive always wanted but just never really had the money to buy/build. i had a chance to buy a 95 stock SHO with a brand new engine, but i skipped on it just because again...we live in Houston and its just not very good to have a car like that here. you just wont get its full potential out of it. nice car ralphbattle, i definetly envy it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:09 am  Post subject:   
Clayman
Man the car I was about to get before the to-good-to-be-true jetta deal came along.

Supercharged 3000GT SL. :(

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:40 am  Post subject:   
p0rn Star
alpmaster wrote:
Man the car I was about to get before the to-good-to-be-true jetta deal came along.

Supercharged 3000GT SL. :(

:eek :eek :eek :eek

damn, id kill for one of those.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:50 am  Post subject:   
Clayman
Hell yea. 3000GT = Greatest. Car. Ever.

I'd jizz on a VR4 3kGT...no homo.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:25 am  Post subject:   
Well, that's a conversation-stopper :heh

You, with a GTO, actually have generic Hondas trying to race you? That's just sad.

I would like to mention that the Honda/Acura NSX is now under $18k used. That will probably be my next car; although I might have to drive 125 miles (one way) for service.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:50 am  Post subject:   
Clayman
The NSX is a beautiful car as well. All the Honda-haters can't say shit about that car, it's beautiful. But damn are they old, what's the least amount of miles you've found for under $18k?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:44 pm  Post subject:   
p0rn Star
haha, as a fellow Honda-hater, i do agree the NSX is one sexy ass car.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:57 pm  Post subject:   
mine's not as good as some of the other shit you guys posted...but despite being just an average little coupe, this car has been extremely reliable. had it for almost 2 years, it has over 150,000 miles, i drove it to indiana/illinois/ohio & back, countless times to rhode island, connecticut, vermont, etc. and the only problems i've ever had have been a broken brakeline (no, somebody didn't cut it either) and i had the radiator hose leaking in upstate new york. both fucking sucked, but i know that's just bad luck and can happen to anyone regardless of the car.

it was only 2300$ when i bought it, it's a '98.

oh, but it doesn't have power...anything. no power locks, windows, seats, etc. any of that shit.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:30 am  Post subject:   
Clayman
http://youtube.com/watch?v=EnpEx9_7eMI

DJD, you're taking me for a ride if/when you get one.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:02 pm  Post subject:   
XBL: Paystationiat_512
PSN: Ablata_ab_albA
I just can't believe what you guys are driving! :eek

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:14 am  Post subject:   
Yesterday, my wife and I had lunch with some friends 30 miles from home. We used the Golf, and my manual-trans-deprived wife drove. When we started to head back home, I felt the clutch slipping, so I advised my wife to get off of the clutch. I looked over, and her leg was not even on the clutch. Then came the lovely burning smell.

I could only get into gear if the revs matched up perfectly, and even then, the clutch slipped completely. Unable to move the car, we waited over an hour for a tow truck. Thank goodness for AAA; it saved us $150 on the tow to the dealership. At least it happened just in time for the 85k service :rolleyes

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:17 am  Post subject:   
Clayman
How long has she been driving stick?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:29 am  Post subject:   
She's been driving stick since 1997, and she's a very good driver (I taught her, mostly). She absolutely detests automatic transmissions.

I blame the clutch failure on innumerable street drag races.

Disclaimer: Safety must come first; street racing is dangerous unless you use a lot of common sense and restraint.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:12 pm  Post subject:   
The VW dealership quoted me $1400 for parts (clutch assembly and flywheel), and $600 for labour. They're absolutely nuts! :eek

For $350, I'm buying an ECS Stage 1 (modified VR6) clutch with lighter (14 vs. 22 lbs) flywheel, and they'll install that instead. $600 seems steep for labour, but even the guys I know who can install clutches refuse to tackle this.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:49 pm  Post subject:   
Clayman
Dude, I must say these German cars aren't the most durable. My trunk latch just broke, so now I can't close it and my check engine light came on for no apparent reason.

I'm going to do my first extreme modification tonight though...get rid of that VR6 badge. I'm gonna rape some 1.8T's, and I think the badge will look cool as hell on dashboard for some reason, I'll see how it goes. :heh

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:47 pm  Post subject:   
Yeah, it's like that. Buy it for the engine and chassis, deal with the glitches.

The service dept. is mostly on vacation next week, so they won't be able to install my clutch until the 26th. I'll add to this after I've driven on the new unit for a few days.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:24 pm  Post subject:   
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #3
  • SSX 3: Overall: #3
PSN: obiwahnshinobi
alpmaster wrote:
Dude, I must say these German cars aren't the most durable. My trunk latch just broke, so now I can't close it and my check engine light came on for no apparent reason.

I'm going to do my first extreme modification tonight though...get rid of that VR6 badge. I'm gonna rape some 1.8T's, and I think the badge will look cool as hell on dashboard for some reason, I'll see how it goes. :heh

Gotta agree with you there, for no apparent reason my driver lock stopped locking. After and friend and myself tried dissembling it twice it still isnt working 100%
The best as the first time we took it apart, we didnt fully lock in the door latch mechanism. I didnt find out till the next day trying to get out for work.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:10 pm  Post subject:   
Clayman
And just yesterday, every time I start my car, it makes this grinding noise for 1 sec.

If only I could combine the reliability and durability of a Honda to the performance and look of a VW. Now THAT would be a car. :heh

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:12 pm  Post subject:   
I'm so psyched! I'm FINALLY going to pick up my car in an hour, and I'll get to see what the new clutch and flywheel feel like! I've been driving the minivan for weeks, and I hate it! Top speed of 85mph due to drag!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:40 am  Post subject:   
66 Mustang.
Got that baby from my Gandfather.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:35 pm  Post subject:   
Art wrote:
66 Mustang.
Got that baby from my Gandfather.

Now THAT is a nice car!

I drove to work with my new clutch today, and it's awesome! It has a more accurate feel than the stock 1.8T clutch did when it was new. The lighter flywheel revs fast enough to keep up with quick downshifts (even 5th-to-2nd), which I'm loving. Keeping the turbo spooled requires a little more effort, but it's no big deal.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:22 pm  Post subject:   
Clayman
That's great DJD. And Art, enjoy you're RWD...I'm so jealous. >:-\ (but I do hope it's not the 120hp V6 and one of the 200+ V8 models)

And btw, my car now makes this weird ass noise when it starts up, like something grinding. I think it's one of the belts. Ugh.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:24 pm  Post subject:   
gondee's FAQ writer
alpmaster wrote:
Hell yea. 3000GT = Greatest. Car. Ever.

I'd jizz on a VR4 3kGT...no homo.

I actually went to buy one a few years back, had less than 15k miles on it, never was in an accident.... a Mitshubshi 3000GT VR-4. I was sooo excited. Had the money in cash. Superman had nothing on me at that moment...

Until I tried sitting in the car. Even removing the regular seat and adding in a custom bucket seat on the barest of rails did no good....I am just too damn tall. And my knees could just barely get under the steering wheel. :(

A couple weeks later i ended up getting a 95/96 (can't remember which) taurus SHO with the same bodystyle as RB's.. I never raced it, but let me tell you, sittiing at a dead stop, it was possible to just start in 3rd gear. 3rd gear was the defacto gear for highway driving too, as it could easily handle 90mphs and below....

Some fond memories of that car.....unfortunately replacing the clutch is hideously expensive if you don't know what you are doing and have to pay someone else to do it :frusty

Ah well, I will post a pic but I drive a completely boring toyota camry these days. Its reliable, comfortable, and pretty competent even in bad weather, but I joke it has a lawnboy engine in it. Still, to have 280k miles on the car and still the original engine and transmission, with no problems on the horizon, its impressive in a whole other way I guess.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 3 of 4 [ 87 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4