Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:19 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:31 am  Post subject: Back at it again  
Hey everyone, feels good to be back here.

Back at it again with posting new topics and reclaim the "Recent Topics" board all for myself XD

Life has, been turbulent, to say the least, some days I feel invincible, while other days, I just feel like ending it.

But throughout it all I made myself a promise to last at least one year working to see what paths open up for me, but until then, just stay put.

So yeah, would love to hear from someone, anyone on how they have been doing so far.

Take care, see you all.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:03 am  Post subject: Re: Back at it again  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Hey perpetualdusk!

I've been here, keeping the site online and troll free, even if everyone is gone.

Glad you're finding your way through and thanks for coming by! :cheers

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:21 am  Post subject: back at it, play on PCSX2?  
I can't go skiing for real, so I tried to play my SSX On Tour disc using the pcsx2 emulator, but I'm running into problems dumping the BIOS (why can't the instructions say "Click here to buy the official PS2 BIOS from Sony for $20" ??!!!). So I powered on my PS2 Slim and the game still runs, though my composite cable's red connector is broken so everything is yellow snow and purple instead of blue.

It's fun to zoom up the hype charts to pro-am, but I know I'm about to enter the pro-level grind.

I have several corrections and additions for the SSX On Tour Gamefaqs guide, is anyone still maintaining it?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:16 pm  Post subject: Re: Back at it again  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Quote:
I have several corrections and additions for the SSX On Tour Gamefaqs guide, is anyone still maintaining it?

I'm the one who wrote it, so yeah, I'd be happy to add something you want to add. Thjs would be the first time in a long time anyone's submitted anything for it. :D

Send it on over to gondee6 at yahoo dot com like it says in the FAQ and I will see about adding it if it's worthwhile.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:10 am  Post subject: Re: Back at it again  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #2
  • SSX Blur: Overall: #3
PSN: PabloYeti
perpetualdusk wrote:

Back at it again with posting new topics and reclaim the "Recent Topics" board all for myself XD

Life has, been turbulent, to say the least, some days I feel invincible, while other days, I just feel like ending it.

But throughout it all I made myself a promise to last at least one year working to see what paths open up for me, but until then, just stay put.

So yeah, would love to hear from someone, anyone on how they have been doing so far.

Take care, see you all.

Hey, how's it going? Last few years have been tough but everything moves on with or without you, so everyone does their best to keep up. We all have our ups and downs, you just got to find that rock to cling onto when it gets rough and go with the flow when things improve and enjoy where it takes you. If life gets hard, it just means you'll be able to cope better with whatever is on the way and see the good in situations more often...

I'm now going to look at where the SSX wannabe is that the old team were making, it should be out be now, or at least some news.

Take care and keep on going :cheers

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:09 pm  Post subject: Re: Back at it again  
gondee wrote:
Hey perpetualdusk!

I've been here, keeping the site online and troll free, even if everyone is gone.

Glad you're finding your way through and thanks for coming by! :cheers

Thanks for the reply gondee, glad that you are still keeping this site up and troll free, does the occasional re-visit from a old community member make it worthwhile for you? I bet it does, anything new to share?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:28 pm  Post subject: Re: Back at it again  
Yeti wrote:
perpetualdusk wrote:

Take care, see you all.

Hey, how's it going? Last few years have been tough but everything moves on with or without you, so everyone does their best to keep up. We all have our ups and downs, you just got to find that rock to cling onto when it gets rough and go with the flow when things improve and enjoy where it takes you. If life gets hard, it just means you'll be able to cope better with whatever is on the way and see the good in situations more often...

I'm now going to look at where the SSX wannabe is that the old team were making, it should be out be now, or at least some news.

Take care and keep on going :cheers

Hey, still waiting for the good part, wonder how much longer this lasts, they say that your 30s are like your 20s but with more money, that is what I am looking forward to.

Care to tell me more about the second sentence? SSX wannabe? Team?

Thanks, see you soon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:59 pm  Post subject: Re: Back at it again  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #2
  • SSX Blur: Overall: #3
PSN: PabloYeti
perpetualdusk wrote:
Hey, still waiting for the good part, wonder how much longer this lasts, they say that your 30s are like your 20s but with more money, that is what I am looking forward to.

Care to tell me more about the second sentence? SSX wannabe? Team?

Thanks, see you soon

I think your 30's description is spot on, you know who what and where you want to go and have a focus. the 20's if more of a fun fair ride with no direction.

as for SSX Wannabe game, made by part of the original team, it should have been out by now, or at least news about a 2023 release. Released by Supernatural Studios. SSX style game, free to play and then pay for extras etc...

https://supernaturalstudios.com/our-story/

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:28 pm  Post subject: Re: Back at it again  
I hope this site stays up, or if at some point it can't, the domain is given to someone who can. So much SSX history here. An interesting but time-consuming project would be to go to each page on the entirety of Gravitude Bar and look for ones that don't display correctly on modern browsers and fix them - I've spotted a few, namely the fan pages section, but I'm sure there's others.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:24 pm  Post subject: Re: Back at it again  
Good to hear Gondee,

For some reason I felt like visiting this site again after all these years. Maybe to feel some old school nostalgia. Also, nice to to see some posts frozen in time. :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:50 pm  Post subject: Re: Back at it again  
PSN: jonipooon
I hope someone saves the website in its entirety for the future, so that even if the website and forum itself is gone you could always open up the saved cache of the old one.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ]